Leave of Absence

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be absent for a bit. I've come down with a bit of a medical emergency, thought it was just the stress from work, maybe I pulled something, woke up last saturday in utter pain on just the right side of the body. Learned I've got a minor collapsed lung and an intrograde infection of possible pneumonia bacteria and or old leftover blood from a straddle embolism that I had in 2016.Β 

Sufficient to say, that I am on a lot of medication right now, and on Monday I have consultation about surgery, with it being done as soon as Wednesday. I will probably be trying to read all that I can, but my writing will suffer for it. I expect to be on medical leave for at least a month, of which, I will intermittently post when I am able.

2 hours ago, Haruspex said:

I'm going to be absent for a bit. I've come down with a bit of a medical emergency, thought it was just the stress from work, maybe I pulled something, woke up last saturday in utter pain on just the right side of the body. Learned I've got a minor collapsed lung and an intrograde infection of possible pneumonia bacteria and or old leftover blood from a straddle embolism that I had in 2016.Β 

Sufficient to say, that I am on a lot of medication right now, and on Monday I have consultation about surgery, with it being done as soon as Wednesday. I will probably be trying to read all that I can, but my writing will suffer for it. I expect to be on medical leave for at least a month, of which, I will intermittently post when I am able.

Good luck, man!

I hope it isn't serious!

2 hours ago, Haruspex said:

Hope everything goes well and that you'll be doing better soon!

On 1/5/2020 at 10:23 AM, Haruspex said:

Surgery was successful. A graft has been pressed to the tear (which is what a minor collapsed lung issue is apparently), and will help seal it with regular treatment via medication. I've been advised to take medical leave which shall also include minor physical therapy. So huzzah.

3 hours ago, Haruspex said:

Surgery was successful. A graft has been pressed to the tear (which is what a minor collapsed lung issue is apparently), and will help seal it with regular treatment via medication. I've been advised to take medical leave which shall also include minor physical therapy. So huzzah.

Good to hear!

On 1/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, Haruspex said:

I'm glad, man :)

On 1/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Haruspex said:

That's really good to hear. I wish you swift recovery.

Will be taking an indefinite leave of absence for studies and... some minor family/healthΒ issues.

Sorry this is so sudden. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I definitely won’t disappear.

Rest assured I’ll drop by Discord every now and then, but not very often.Β πŸ˜„

13 hours ago, Andalla said:

Will be taking an indefinite leave of absence for studies and... some minor family/healthΒ issues.

Sorry this is so sudden. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but I definitely won’t disappear.

Rest assured I’ll drop by Discord every now and then, but not very often.Β πŸ˜„

Best of luck, man!

• 3 weeks later...

I’m going to be gone for another month to once again catch up on grades, things have started to deteriorate again, last time this work so I’m doing it again, including leaving the discord.

Like last time, I will return (eventually), but depending on how stressful the next few months are, my LoA might be extended further.

I am also officially pulling out of Doom of Ceris and any pausing any current stories/developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Β 

edit: returned early. School term ended a lot sooner then I realised.

Edited by Metztlitlalio (see edit history)
21 hours ago, Metztlitlalio said:

I’m going to be gone for another month to once again catch up on grades, things have started to deteriorate again, last time this work so I’m doing it again, including leaving the discord.

Like last time, I will return (eventually), but depending on how stressful the next few months are, my LoA might be extended further.

I am also officially pulling out of Doom of Ceris and any pausing any current stories/developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck!

I hope you sort everything out!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I've been having to deal with a lot in the past few months and I know I'm been fairly absent so far. I just wanted to post in here to let everyone know it might be a little while longer before I can come back at full strength.

• 4 months later...

In two weekΒ I have a few days of vacation planned. From Monday the 3rd of August to Friday the 7th.

That is, if this 2nd wave of COVID-19 remains under control. We're not flying. Just driving. But under the previous lockdown only work-related travel was allowed.

If all goes to plan I won't have access to a computer, but may check my phone once in a while.

1 minute ago, Orioni said:

In two weekΒ I have a few days of vacation planned. From Monday the 3rd of August to Friday the 7th.

That is, if this 2nd wave of COVID-19 remains under control. We're not flying. Just driving. But under the previous lockdown only work-related travel was allowed.

If all goes to plan I won't have access to a computer, but may check my phone once in a while.

Have fun!

• 3 months later...

@OyusΒ β€” It's a good decision to take a break once in a while. Especially when personal stresses are distracting from what's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby. The fact that you realise this ahead of time means you're better able to deal with this. Thank you for sharing this in stead of ghosting us. The best of luck and see you later my antipodal friend.

• 3 weeks later...