The Great Migration

The Nisadonians, fleeing from their homeland after a bloody conflict against their former Imperial overlords, had been at sea for weeks until today. As the sun rose, the Nisadonian Armada arrived on the horizon and in the distance was a faint dot: land. Bells rung from the lookout towers of the vanguard ships. People rushed from their cramped quarters, along with pushing and shoving others to get a look for themselves on their decks. President Tovar Maxe was just about to take a bath when his trusted personal advisor knocked on the door to his quarters.

"Not now Santin..." Maxe shouted. "But sir," he started. "I want to take a bath," but the President gets cut off. "Land has been spotted!" Tovar stops for a moment. "Scratch the bath, I'll be meet you on deck Santin." The advisor nodded outside, "yes sir!" Minutes later the President, scope in hand, saw land for himself. "Finally. A new beginning." He turned to his advisor, "call a meeting of the captains, we must plan at once." Santin begins to walk away, "Also, call a meeting of the Advisory Council." He nods.

A new Nisadonian age was dawning. A nation to be reborn.

Edited by Nisadon (see edit history)

The sun was beginning to set and the President was itching to make landfall. "Santin," he summoned his personal advisor. "Yes your excellency?" Tovar pointed to the landmass that was growing in size as the ship got closer to it. "I want to be the first to step on those virgin shores. Instruct the vanguard captains to begin preparations." One scout approached him, "I beg your pardon sir, but I have the briefing you asked of us after we finished our initial recon."

"Thank you," he nodded and inspected it. "It appears that to the southwest of our current position has a naturally deep water port where we can moor our ships and encamp. Give these coordinates at once." Santin left at once with his orders.

Dusk

President Tovar Maxe sits at the front of the first landing boat to hit the beaches and turns to his compatriots. "Welcome. Welcome to our new home. Welcome to New Nisadon." As he finished his sentence, he got up and made history. Both feet on dry land. Virgin land. It was theirs now. He turned back. "Well don't just sit there! We have a nation to build. The others on his boat got off, consisting of himself, his advisor, several Republican Guards, Maks Babin, Arno Suiliman, Monty DuChampe and Mark Cyrus and looked down at the beach and then in front of them, a whole land to tame. The initial landing party and several others from their ship set up camp on top of the cliffs overlooking the deep water harbor. They erected a flagpole at the edge of the cliff and rose the Republic's flag. The Republic was reborn. Tomorrow would begin the very long process of rapid nation-building.

The Next Morning

The following morning, everyone came together to hear the President speak in the middle of the encampment.

Maxe was standing ontop of a shipping crate: "...behind me is our land. We do not know what can expect or what it out there. Nor do we know who else lives here. I have already taken it upon myself as your President to act on our collective behalf to begin scouting out this brave new world. We have a challenge in front of us; the challenge of rebuilding our lives all over again. Yes. It will be hard. But we are Nisadonians. We have suffered much but we have always been able to meet the challenge face on. We can do it again. Let's get to work."

The crowd cheered Maxe on as he got off his crate, he handed a worker a shovel. Another worker, a hammer. With that, everyone got to work. Some marched down to the harbor to help unload civilians from their ships, others began the march down the coast to meet up with a contingent of the armada loaded with the resources they managed to flee with to begin laying down initial infrastructure to get the country moving.

President Maxe look down from the cliff encampment to observe his countrymen hard at work. He spoke quietly to himself. "We will go far." It would be a long time but the rewards of the hardwork would pay off.