Some Vacation... :)

Instead of posting my vacation in "This day", I rather think that the "This day" thread is for short term daily experience or news... While we are living in countries, and might have some diverse experience to share while we go somewhere... So, I start this thread ... YES!.gif

ย 

People might think their hybernating place is nowhere, but others may aim for their next vacation... rednoserudolf.gifcold.gifsnowman2.gifrednoserudolf.gif

ย 

People might think their vacation is an extreme one.... Let's tell others, so they can also try such experience and not regret the misopportunities.... 002.gifplane.gifshowoff.gif

ย 

Everyone is busy bomb1.gifsick.gif .... But posting a few pics, and a few words would be enough to tell your story.... wink.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Czech Republic last year with my mates from uni. It was very nice tongue.gif

ย 

I think I might go to Poland next and then to Germany for the World Cup next year, thou there is not much chance of Wales geting there sad.gif

Koku : At Cha-Am, Thailand....12-16 May.

ย 

Cha-Am, a town, that has a very beautiful beach, said to be Thailand?s longest beach...also situated a cosy summer Palace of King RamaVI.

Cha-Am is 178Km. or 2and1/2 hour drive south from Bangkok.

Along the way to Cha-Am are tourist attractions; 2 palaces of former kings, several nice beaches, caves, national park, plenty place to shop for edible stuff, and of course plenty seafood restaurants along the way...

Cha-Am is near Hua-Hin, another renown town which has popular walking street, and fine restaurants. There are 2 shooting ranges to practice here aswell.

ย 

user posted imageuser posted image

ย 

More of Cha-Am..

http://www.circleofasia.com/guide/index.asp?Id=83

http://www.thaismile.co.uk/index.php?page=275

http://www.asiatravel.com/regentchaam/

Old summer palace of King RamaIV, reign the same age of Queen Victoria of England.. They contacted via some mails and some gifts were exchanged...

This palace got an observatory dome, and the king himself precisely calculated a solar eclips event and invited Embassadors to observe it....

(actually I went to this palace last vacation)

ย 

A temple with the largest statue of renown monk... Koku made merit.... smile.gif

user posted image

Some places to enjoy food...... wink.gif

...a resort and spa, with restaurant and ice cream bar at pool side... yummy!

...some restaurant!... splendid & tasty...

...good food, great place...hmm..that puppy kept biting my pant... dry.gif

..another good one... this with fusion food....

user posted image

Koku's summer palace..oops, no no...In Koku kingdom he is a king, here at Cha-Am, he is just a guy...

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

in the morning,...fishing boat arrives and fishermen take down nets full of fishes and crabs... Yummy again... smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I went to the Czech Republic last year ...I think I might go to Poland next and then to Germany for the World Cup next year....

Thanks for your contribution... biggrin.gif

ย 

Czech is a very nice place to visit... Good glassware, great temple, and the living standard is comparable to Thailand (things are not too expensive)... I had a good time there years ago..

Germany...must visit the famous Neushwanstein... ok01.gif

It's fun to hit the block here in Germany, especially with summer coming up (more beer stalls than a gendarme has fleas in his uniform). Lately I've been taking leaves to go into Fulda, Berlin, and Munich, and occasionally I've stopped off in a few random small towns I can't even remember anymore to sample 'homegrown' booze. Sometimes, I can't feel that people here are 'too' nice... unsure.gif

ย 

Anywho, when Midsommer rolls around (unless it's already passed, I think) I'm gonna head on up to Sweden.

ย 

Nice thing about Europe in general is how cheap and interconnected the public transportation is. Now put aside your cultural differences and make a super-nation already! I'm getting bogged down enough as it is with all the red tape and visas, let alone serving my country.

...Lately I've been taking leaves to go into Fulda, Berlin, and Munich, and ....

Anywho, when Midsommer rolls around (unless it's already passed, I think) I'm gonna head on up to Sweden.

How nice...I was in only stop by in munich and the castle..

Scandinavian countries are of course among my "aim" to visit some day...

As soon as I scrape together enough coin, im gunna hit Europe. England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy. Also wouldn't mind going to Russia.

ย 

Lets see, last place I visited was Sydney about 2 weeks ago for a weekend.

Only 2hour train trip. Went on a Harbour Cruise with a couple of mates, hit the beach, Maritime Museum. Which has a few sea-worthy ships. James Craig a square-rigger, submarine, HM Bark Endeavour and a few others. Stirred up a few Japanese tourists. All in all pretty fun.

ย 

ย 

I've been thru England and Scotland a number of times (plus Fance and Spain a long while ago), but never Wales. All those extra consonants in the place names are intimidating...

ย 

I really want to go to Germany/Austria and maybe Japan too, but the UK will always be my first choice...

ย 

ย 

I've been thru England and Scotland a number of times (plus Fance and Spain a long while ago), but never Wales. All those extra consonants in the place names are intimidating...

ย 

Its ok, we all speak English in Wales

I suppose that's true... If I can deal with the Scots spitting Gaelic at me, I shouldn't let Welsh be a barrier to visiting Wales.

ย 

PS - What's the artwork you're using for your avatar?? I'm really curious to see it in detail.

ย 

ย 

I suppose that's true... If I can deal with the Scots spitting Gaelic at me, I shouldn't let Welsh be a barrier to visiting Wales.

tongue.gif I've been in London twice...never get out to Scotland or Wales...Heard the scenery is spectacular... rolleyes.gif

I watched "Local Hero" many times and wish to go there someday smile.gif ... sight..They speak English but I should have difficult time understanding though.. sad.gif

The Pirilao already was in SPAIN (MADRID BARCELONA) vacation

IN FRANCE (PARIS and STRANSBOURG) in family house, in GERMANY (NUREMBERG) in family house . In the BRAZIL (FORTALEZA) in vacation. This when he was single.

Now after married I walk to discover my PORTUGAL beauty plane.gif

The Pirilao already was in SPAIN (MADRID BARCELONA) vacation

IN FRANCE (PARIS and STRANSBOURG) in family house, in GERMANY (NUREMBERG) in family house . In the BRAZIL (FORTALEZA) in vacation. This when he was single.

Now after married I walk to discover my PORTUGAL beauty plane.gif

Ya.. I wish I have a chance to see churchs and museums in Spain someday... rolleyes.gif