[Map Application] Ymutz-Mizlan/Emu-Land

Nation on Eurth: Ymutz-Mizlan (IC), Emu-Land(OOC)

National Flag: https://imgur.com/a/ofpehqF

Capital Name: Ferrescan

Capital Location: Near the geographic center of the nation, sits on a river

Starter Stats: 

Population: 2 (30 million

GDP per capita: 0 ( 5000 $ per capita)

Land area: 2 (350 thousand square Kilometers)

Culture:(Based of Mexican culture)

Climate & Geography:  The nation's core is the Márquez river, with arid flatlands to the north and south, mountains to its east, and an ocean to its west. The nation as a whole has a BSh (hot semi arid steppe)

An incomplete history(WIP until it better fits with pre established lore): 

Late 1500s +1600s

• Ymutzlaclan & Mizlanuzco unite 1587
  • War against nomadic tribes to the north
  • Early versions of major institutions created
  • Piracy
  • Merchant revolt
  • War against settled tribes to the east
  • 1687 centennial of union & start of golden cultural era
  • Second war against nomads, Frontier Territories established

1700s

• Disease outbreak 1724-1728
  • 1727 End of cultural golden age
  • 1733 mercenary revolt
  • 1733-1753 The Marauding
  • 1753 Reconstruction period begins
  • 1787 bicentennial

1800s

• 1809 reconstruction ends
  • 1824 parliament established, various political parties established
  • 1830 court authority expanded beyond land disputes & end to slavery
  • 1838 war with nomadic tribes to the north
  • 1840 capitol rebuilt & renamed, rail system construction begins
  • 1867 Frontier Territories incorporated, peonage system established.
  • 1887 tricentennial
  • 1899 PARSOC established

1900s-present

• 1900-1909 various separatist movements formed
  • 1930 limited secularization
  • 1973 Plan of San Jacinto, Emperor Cuauhtemoc declared illegitimate by nobility, clergy, and military over progressive reforms, overthrown and replaced with his brother
  • 1973-1984 Xochiyaoyotl(war of flowers)
  • 1980 Ferrescan Compromise: conservative faction agrees to peace if, among other demands, monarchy is allowed to continue.
  • 1984 Xochiyaoyotl ends
  • 1984- present: Recovery

Front Desk: https://www.europans.com/topic/6462-the-front-desk/page/10/#comment-40024065

Vision Statement: (VS history and climate may or may not match with this post)

https://www.europans.com/topic/7565-vision-statement-the-empire-of-emu-land/#comment-40024161

Desired Location: Alharu, on one of the rivers west of the Moros Mountains

Other Critical Information: I would like if a mix of colonial and natural borders were followed.

Edited by Great Emu (see edit history)

Hello @Great Emu,

Some comments and suggestions.

1. May I change your forum account from “Great Emu” to “Ymutz-Mizlan” as proposed in this application? Going forward, that would make it easier for other players to @mention you in stories.

2. The proposed location West-Alharu seems like a good place indeed. Let met add your potential neighbours @Florentia and @Pecario to the conversation.

3. Your explanation of climate and geography is clear. “The nation's core is the Márquez river, with arid flatlands to the north and south, mountains to its east, and an ocean to its west. The nation as a whole has a BSh (hot semi arid steppe).”

4. For 350,000 km2, you could pretty much claim this much area of the western side of the Moros Mountains.

temp-Image-Jv-HQe-B.avif

Now, I could make numerous location proposals where I wiggle the borders back and forth. Or you can pick one of these river valleys (or two) and we take it from there.

What do you think?

Hello.

5 hours ago, Orioni said:

May I change your forum account from “Great Emu” to “Ymutz-Mizlan” as proposed in this application? Going forward, that would make it easier for other players to @mention you in stories.

Yes, that would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, Orioni said:

Now, I could make numerous location proposals where I wiggle the borders back and forth. Or you can pick one of these river valleys (or two) and we take it from there.

I would prefer the former. I would like to have the middle river entirely within my nations borders.

Hello. First, congratulations for passing the academy !

And second, I'm perfectly fine with the location, it's always fun to have neighbours.

Regarding the historical part, Florentia is a former Lysian (= French) colony which, after the Lysian revolution, is now led by the former royal dynasie of Lysia, now bearing the title of Emperor of Florentia. While Florentia has always been an imperialist and militarist country, infamous for its chattel slavery and ethnic racism, I don't want to force anything with you. Thus, regarding your history, I'd say that Florentia probably (if it's okay with you) have tried to invade or influence your country, but failed.

Edited by Florentia (see edit history)

Greetings and congratulations on passing the Academy!

I completely agree with the location, especially if it's another South American / Central American themed country! I've been feeling a bit lonely in Alharu lately. We would probably share the same culture, so our bonds would be close, I hope.

If you want a summary of my country, it's basically a mix of Columbia and Peru. We have the highest mountains in the wurld and beautiful landscapes. But our country is primarily known in Eurth for its drug cartels that supply parts of the wurld with cocaine and other illicit substances. Perhaps we could be future trading partners...

• 3 weeks later...