Salutations from the SRK.

Good evening to whom it may concern. On behalf of President Lavandovski and Secretary-General Sholokhov, it is my delight and privilege to introduce to you the Federal Republic of Kyznetsia. (Pronounced Cuz-net-see-ah).

I've done a few nations before and RP'd in a handful of historical periods, but I'm always looking to improve on my writing abilities and wurldbuilding skills. 

Kyznetsia is going to have a diarchy governmental system, with executive power held between the President and the Secretary-General. In very large handfuls you can think of these as my peace-time and war-time rulers. The President has all the powers that you would expect from the highest office in the nation, with the exception of Commander-in-Chief. These powers fall to the Secretary-General of the Defence Forces who controls all military operations whether they be offensive or defensive. 

From where on the map I am planning on staking my claim, I'm thinking of a Mediterranean style climate with a language and culture and language based around Bosnia and Croatia. (I see you Argis and I'm coming)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and getting to grips with wurldbuilding a nation again. 

56 minutes ago, Kyznetsia said:

Good evening to whom it may concern. On behalf of President Lavandovski and Secretary-General Sholokhov, it is my delight and privilege to introduce to you the Federal Republic of Kyznetsia. (Pronounced Cuz-net-see-ah).

I've done a few nations before and RP'd in a handful of historical periods, but I'm always looking to improve on my writing abilities and wurldbuilding skills. 

Kyznetsia is going to have a diarchy governmental system, with executive power held between the President and the Secretary-General. In very large handfuls you can think of these as my peace-time and war-time rulers. The President has all the powers that you would expect from the highest office in the nation, with the exception of Commander-in-Chief. These powers fall to the Secretary-General of the Defence Forces who controls all military operations whether they be offensive or defensive. 

From where on the map I am planning on staking my claim, I'm thinking of a Mediterranean style climate with a language and culture and language based around Bosnia and Croatia. (I see you Argis and I'm coming)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and getting to grips with wurldbuilding a nation again.

Welcome to Eurth!

I'm sure Argis will welcome you with open arms :P

Welcome to Eurth's RP community!

Excited to see how Kyznetsia develops and integrates into the broader narrative.

• The Federal Republic of Kyznetsia sounds like an innovative addition with its diarchy government system. Which states are members of this federation?
  • Your leadership shifts between the President and the Secretary-General based on peace or conflict. The separation of military and civilian powers introduces many narrative possibilities. Which historical analogues come to mind?
  • Drawing cultural and climate inspiration from Bosnia and Croatia offers a solid foundation for creating a rich and diverse setting. As Tagmatium suggested, Argis will likely love to have you.

Glad you're here to expand your worldbuilding and writing skills with us!

So at the moment, I’m thinking of quite an ethnically diverse and tense nation with sixteen states, one autonomous district and two island dependencies (one being an area of outstanding natural beauty, and the other housing my secondary military administrative region).

My main historical inspiration comes from a single idea I pitched in the discord and decided to run with. Shogunate Japan comes to mind, although I realise it's not a total 1-1 comparison, with my President acting as the spiritual and administrative lead and the Secretary-general acting as Commander-in-Chief. 

And although I mention the peacetime vs wartime rulers idea, this only mainly affects the primus inter pares (first among equals) which would transfer to the Secretary-General if a unified meeting of both the Presidents Higher Cabinet and the SG’s Security Council declared the nation at a state of war. Both still share the same level of executive power, it's just that the figurehead of the nation would change to suit the situation.

How the whole balance of power/checks thing is going to work out I have no idea. We’re just gonna have to wait and see what I figure out.

I thanked someone once for putting the pronunciation of their name and I thank you for the same!  Poja itself is a very Balkan-influenced nation with Bosnia (Dosnima) and Croatia (Adjinua) represented along with Serbia (Liaria) so we will probably have a good amount of intertwined history if we're near one another.  Welcome!

For the life of me, I can't remember where I read that Argis has a lot of Slavic / Balkan influences, but that's what pretty much inspired my current cultural vibe and where I wanted to set up shop so to speak. Looking forward to working with you sir!