[Map Application] Guthheimr

Nation on Eurth: Guthheimr
National Flag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332581600326057996/1079085467384950904/GetAttachmentThumbnail.png
Capital Name: Asgard
Capital Location: Guthheimr

Starter Stats: 

POPULATION - Medium 

LAND AREA - High

GDP - Medium 

Culture: mixture of germanic norse and roman
Climate & Geography: Taiga (similar to ulfheimr)
History: Guthheimr is a republic oligarchy in which the government leaders model themselves after the Aesir and Vanir , carrying on ancient story-told traditions that there were once two tribes and they fought for supremacy. They came to the realization that supremacy could not be achieved and their only hjope would be to work together. The green on the flag represents the vanir and their love of nature and the wurld. The Blue represents power of might, tongue, or mind and is the symbol of the Aesir. The red figure is the headless body of mimir, whose torso spells Guthheimr. The red is the color of death in this culture and also stands for ragnarok, meaning Guthheimr will only ever fall by its own hand. The color in between the antlers representing wisdom is the mixing of the colors of the aesir and vanir in peace.
Front Desk: https://www.europans.com/topic/6462-the-front-desk/page/4/#comment-40017304
Vision Statement: https://www.europans.com/topic/7069-guthheimr-vision-statement/

Desired Location: (optional) Where Ulfheimr used to be
Other Critical Information: (optional)

Edited by Guthheimr (see edit history)

Welcome back Ulfheimr Guthheimr! Let's get you back on the map.

Stats
With a land area of 'high/2' gives you a land area range from 260,000km^2 up to 350,000km^2.

History
Having a Norse-inspired Germanic nation close to the Aroman Empire (!Roman Empire) to allow for your history would put you at/close to your old location.

Below I have proposed 3 locations for your country. Once you've chosen one (or none) of the proposed locations, I will request consent from your would-be neighbours, and afterwards we can tweak borders and add your cities in Discord.

Proposal 1 - Old Location
image.png
With an area of 322,100km^2, the southern half of your country would be a cold temperate (similar to Eastern Europe and Russia) with a Siberian climate to the north. Perfect for a taiga/boreal forest. You would have open ocean access on both ends - though with some season freezing in the north - and good historical access to the Aroman Empire.

Proposal 2 - Northern Argis
image.png

Secondly, at 297,100km^2, your coastline would be entirely iced up all year round, with some of the north pole's only permanent ice sheets. This would give Guthheimr the necessary 'poor land' so that other powers would not desire to conquer Guthheimr, allowing them to keep their paganist faith quite peacefully. You would also be next to Ateenia - another pagan Germanic state. Your climate would be extremely frigid to the north (Arctic conditions in the mountains and northern coast) but Siberian in the interior, allowing for large expansive Taiga wilderness shielded away from outsiders. Your nation would be on the northern edge of the known wurld to the Aromans, though perhaps exchanges could still happen.

Proposal 3 - Central Argis
image.png
Lastly, with around 320,300km^2 of land area, smack in the middle of Argis. The points from above also count for this proposal, but with less frigid temperate with your entire country Siberian in climate. You would have to rely on your neighbours for open sea trade.

16 minutes ago, Xio said:

Welcome back Ulfheimr Guthheimr! Let's get you back on the map.

Stats
With a land area of 'high/2' gives you a land area range from 260,000km^2 up to 350,000km^2.

History
Having a Norse-inspired Germanic nation close to the Aroman Empire (!Roman Empire) to allow for your history would put you at/close to your old location.

Below I have proposed 3 locations for your country. Once you've chosen one (or none) of the proposed locations, I will request consent from your would-be neighbours, and afterwards we can tweak borders and add your cities in Discord.

Proposal 1 - Old Location
image.png
With an area of 322,100km^2, the southern half of your country would be a cold temperate (similar to Eastern Europe and Russia) with a Siberian climate to the north. Perfect for a taiga/boreal forest. You would have open ocean access on both ends - though with some season freezing in the north - and good historical access to the Aroman Empire.

Proposal 2 - Northern Argis
image.png

Secondly, at 297,100km^2, your coastline would be entirely iced up all year round, with some of the north pole's only permanent ice sheets. This would give Guthheimr the necessary 'poor land' so that other powers would not desire to conquer Guthheimr, allowing them to keep their paganist faith quite peacefully. You would also be next to Ateenia - another pagan Germanic state. Your climate would be extremely frigid to the north (Arctic conditions in the mountains and northern coast) but Siberian in the interior, allowing for large expansive Taiga wilderness shielded away from outsiders. Your nation would be on the northern edge of the known wurld to the Aromans, though perhaps exchanges could still happen.

Proposal 3 - Central Argis
image.png
Lastly, with around 320,300km^2 of land area, smack in the middle of Argis. The points from above also count for this proposal, but with less frigid temperate with your entire country Siberian in climate. You would have to rely on your neighbours for open sea trade.

I choose 1

I will only Consent if said Nation isnt a Warlike barbarian one that will engage in frequent conflicts and has a Violent Nature. I will not accept a Nation as Neigbour that causes Instability and Economic Disruption. If all of the following points are satisfactorily refuted I will not stand in the way.

38 minutes ago, Nyanta said:

I will only Consent if said Nation isnt a Warlike barbarian one that will engage in frequent conflicts and has a Violent Nature. I will not accept a Nation as Neigbour that causes Instability and Economic Disruption. If all of the following points are satisfactorily refuted I will not stand in the way.

Guthheimr, while it will not stray from violence, is not a barbarian nation and looks down on the likes of Ulfheimr for their savage ways. Guthheimr prides itself on its warrior spirit, but also its discipline and forward thinking society.

Guthheimr, while it will not stray from violence, is not a barbarian nation and looks down on the likes of Ulfheimr for their savage ways. Guthheimr prides itself on its warrior spirit, but also its discipline and forward thinking society.

That doesn't exactly reassure me right now. I've read a few of your recent posts and you still seem to be very focused on war and military. Which is not a problem for me, everyone should do what they want. But what guarantee do I have as your neighbor that it will be possible to negotiate and exist on an equal footing with your nation? What guarantee do I have that you will not use your military power liberally as a means of pressure or threaten it? What guarantee do I have that you will not suddenly start military exercises with napalm again and put my economy in danger? What guarantee do I have that you will not jeopardize the peace and economy of my country and the whole of Argis?

1 hour ago, Nyanta said:

That doesn't exactly reassure me right now. I've read a few of your recent posts and you still seem to be very focused on war and military. Which is not a problem for me, everyone should do what they want. But what guarantee do I have as your neighbor that it will be possible to negotiate and exist on an equal footing with your nation? What guarantee do I have that you will not use your military power liberally as a means of pressure or threaten it? What guarantee do I have that you will not suddenly start military exercises with napalm again and put my economy in danger? What guarantee do I have that you will not jeopardize the peace and economy of my country and the whole of Argis?

My word, that's the only guarantee you have.

1 hour ago, Guthheimr said:

My word, that's the only guarantee you have.

That's a start. But that's not enough for me words are much too fragile and I don't want a wildcard as a neighbor. Of course, I want to meet you halfway and it would be a pity if we don't find a solution. I offer you a non-aggression pact with DMZ. I would also be satisfied with DMZ, but I will not trust only your word, because the history with Ulfheimr is simply too burdened. In order for such a non-aggression pact to work I would ask my allies for a guarantee should your nation break said treaty to promise me military support. In return, the same rights would of course also apply to you. If our allies would accept such a proposal.

23 minutes ago, Nyanta said:

That's a start. But that's not enough for me words are much too fragile and I don't want a wildcard as a neighbor. Of course, I want to meet you halfway and it would be a pity if we don't find a solution. I offer you a non-aggression pact with DMZ. I would also be satisfied with DMZ, but I will not trust only your word, because the history with Ulfheimr is simply too burdened. In order for such a non-aggression pact to work I would ask my allies for a guarantee should your nation break said treaty to promise me military support. In return, the same rights would of course also apply to you. If our allies would accept such a proposal.

Then we should draft a form of a list of acceptable and non acceptable actions we would not tolerate from the other.

21 hours ago, Nyanta said:

This sounds very good! Lets get to it!

Guthheimr Cassus Belli list 

• Military or armed civilians crossing the Guthan border.
  • Nyantastan must agree to surrender any of their citizens who cross the Guthan border illegally and may not take repercussive action when illegal immigrants are punished.
  • No christian missionaries or iconography within Guthan borders
    • Diplomats and visiting dignitaries are exempt.
  • Any immigrants are expected to assimilate to Guthan culture and religion or be deported.
  • Guthheimr values a free market, but frowns on economic espionage. However appropriate Cassus Belli would fall under industrial espionage or spying.
  • No foreign vessel may come within twenty nautical miles of Guthheimr without going through the appropriate channels.
  • Likewise for airspace, this does not include pre-determined exceptions such as tourism.
  • No attempts are to be made to control Guthan personal laws or interests within their own nation.
  • No immigrant may ever serve in a position of leadership within Guthheimr
  • Any interference with the established utilities or digital networks belonging to Guthheimr
Edited by Guthheimr (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Guthheimr said:

Guthheimr Cassus Belli list 

• Military or armed civilians crossing the Guthan border.
  • Nyantastan must agree to surrender any of their citizens who cross the Guthan border illegally and may not take repercussive action when illegal immigrants are punished.
  • No christian missionaries or iconography within Guthan borders
    • Diplomats and visiting dignitaries are exempt.
  • Any immigrants are expected to assimilate to Guthan culture and religion or be deported.
  • Guthheimr values a free market, but frowns on economic espionage. However appropriate Cassus Belli would fall under industrial espionage or spying.
  • No foreign vessel may come within twenty nautical miles of Guthheimr without going through the appropriate channels.
  • Likewise for airspace, this does not include pre-determined exceptions such as tourism.
  • No attempts are to be made to control Guthan personal laws or interests within their own nation.
  • No immigrant may ever serve in a position of leadership within Guthheimr
  • Any interference with the established utilities or digital networks belonging to Guthheimr

Nyantastans Cassus Belli list

• No Military or armed civilians crossing the border
  •  No military may be stationed closer than 25km from the Nyantastan border. No military exercises may be conducted within 100km.
  • Guthan must agree to allow all citizens who illegally cross the Nyantastani border to remain in Nyantastan should they choose to do so. Furthermore, no repercussions of any kind will follow should Guthan citizens seek refuge in Nyantastan.
  • No missionaries or iconography within Nyantastani borders
  • No foreign vessel may come within twenty nautical miles of Nyantastan without going through the appropriate channels.
  • Likewise for airspace, this does not include pre-determined exceptions such as tourism. Violations of airspace result in immediate shooting down without warning no reprecussive actions can be taken.
  • No attempts are to be made to control Nyantastan personal laws or interests within their own nation.
  • Any interference with the established utilities or digital networks belonging to Nyantastan.
26 minutes ago, Nyanta said:

Nyantastans Cassus Belli list

• No Military or armed civilians crossing the border
  •  No military may be stationed closer than 25km from the Nyantastan border. No military exercises may be conducted within 100km.
  • Guthan must agree to allow all citizens who illegally cross the Nyantastani border to remain in Nyantastan should they choose to do so. Furthermore, no repercussions of any kind will follow should Guthan citizens seek refuge in Nyantastan.
  • No missionaries or iconography within Nyantastani borders
  • No foreign vessel may come within twenty nautical miles of Nyantastan without going through the appropriate channels.
  • Likewise for airspace, this does not include pre-determined exceptions such as tourism. Violations of airspace result in immediate shooting down without warning no reprecussive actions can be taken.
  • No attempts are to be made to control Nyantastan personal laws or interests within their own nation.
  • Any interference with the established utilities or digital networks belonging to Nyantastan.

This is acceptable 

1 hour ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I will point out that we're using the terms of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea as the basis for our own convention.

Any oddities to claimed territorial waters between you two may not automatically recognised by a third party.

That might suck for them but I'm just pointing that out.

I on my behave just mean that my Recognized Waters shant be crossed by his vassels without permission. And not get near the Mainland basically 

Edited by Nyanta (see edit history)