Koku - Amnalos collaborations

Koku

Re: To the King of Koku,

Due to the geographical proximity of our two nations, I would like to talk to you concerning possible trade or military agreements. Are you willing to enter into such talks with my Empire?

Yours sincerely,

Emperor Kano IV of Amnalos

Reply: Greeting to the Leader of the great empire of Amnalos,

It is our pleasure to receive your message. We are more than pleased to strengthen our bilateral relations; ie. trading, military and political collaborations. To your convenient date, we will send to your empire our minister of trade, military, and foreign affairs, for meetings.

Soon after that, we aim to establish the embassies between our two nations. Greater cooperation will certainly bring about prosperity and security of this region.

We look forward to our closer friendship and fruitful collaborations.

Koku, on behalf of the people of Koku kingdom.

news.gif

To: The Minister for Foreign Affairs, of the Kingdom of Koku

Subject: Trade Talks initiated.

Emperor Kano welcomes Koku's minister for Foreign Affairs, and hopes he had a pleasant journey. My Minister for Trade, Salvor Aldan Andros, has formulated a draft of a possible trade agreement. Essentially the same as our deal with the Holy Empire of Tagmatium, as this deal has proven to work well, we hope this agreement is acceptable to the Kingdom of Koku and welcome any suggestions or amendments. Should negotiations here go well, we would be especially glad to discuss possible military agreements if the Kingdom of Koku has any suggestions.

Draft trade agreement between Koku and Amnalos

I. All articles herein shall apply in all matters of trade between the undersigned nations.

II. The spirit of this document is to foster good will between the nations of Koku and Amnalos. This ideal is to be held in good faith.

III. The government of both nations shall facilitate the warehouses and transport facilities for the use of the other nation's industry and merchantry, to manage the storage and movement of goods through the nation. Trading agreements will be bound by the law of the land where it is made or signed. Criminal and justice matter will be handled by the law of the land where incidence takes place. This article also states the cooperation of the criminal transfer between the two nations.

IV. Both nations shall provide safety and safe passage of the other nation's merchants as they do to the locals.

V. A tariff of no more than 5% over the local selling price shall be imposed on goods sold, and no transport tariff of more than 3% of transport costs shall be imposed on goods moving through the country.

Signed:

The Kingdom of Koku [ ]

The Empire of Amnalos [X]

To: Emperor Kano

Subject: Trade Talks initiated.

Warm wishes to you, Emperor Kano, and all your people.

Our misister have submitted to us your draft of trade agreement.

The draft was promptly reviewed by my privy councils

There are certain issues we would like clarification as the follows;

1) Referring to the article III, the government of Koku kingdom, as lean as they are, do not take part in the trading process. It is the merchants or the organizations themselves that arrange the shipping and warehousing with our local operators (or may have their business counterpart do the job instead). For whoever deals with the shipping, they will find that shipping and warehousing businesses here is efficient, convenient and speedy. For your information, we have had a law of special tax deduction for the warehousing business, thus, spurred the warehouse industry to sufficiently serve the demand of import-export activities at one of the cheapest rates in the region. Insurance and safety of the goods is also well arranged by local and international companies. Naturally, the government has duty to protect and serve the locals, foreign tourists, and merchants in the same manner.

2) Referring to the article IV, the government is not in the position to guarantee the passage and safety of every trade transaction. Like elsewhere, we also have some incident of smuggling or landfall as examples. However, the government protect all traders and passengers, and build roads and railways to promote locomotions as all other nations would do. Let me assure you that we care for and treat your merchants, traveler, tourists, companies, and goods, as they are our own people and assets.

Before the draft will be further passed for consent of our senates. We therefore ask for your comment whether the following articles are slightly revised as the follows;

For article III ;

III. The government of both nations shall facilitate the warehouses and transport facilities for the use of the other nation's industry and merchantry, to manage the storage and movement of goods through the nation. Trading agreements will be bound by the law of the land where it is made or signed. Criminal and justice matter will be handled by the law of the land where incidence takes place. This article also state the cooperation of the criminal transfer between the two nations.

For article IV ;

IV. Both nations shall provide safety and safe passage of the other nation's merchants as if they do to the locals.

Please feel free to further comment or propose anything you may feel appropriate directly to me, unless you would like the message be minister to minister manner.

We see the great potential of the cooperation between our two nations and look forward to your reply. We look forward to establishment of embassy between our two nations.

With warmest regards,

Koku smile.gif

To: The Kingdom of Koku

Subject: Amended trade agreement.

The changes suggested to articles III and IV are fair and reasonable, and Amnalos agrees wholeheartedly to amend the proposed agreement.

In regards to article IV, Amnalos understands that some degree of smuggling or theft is inevitable. No nation, no matter how thorough its security measures, can be entirely immune and that, therefore, to guarantee the integrity of each and every transaction would be foolish. Amnalos knows that Koku will do all in its power to minimize the problem, as we do ourselves.

In regards to article III, we agree to the suggestion that merchants shall be bound by the law of the nation they are operating in. If there is an infringement of local law, the offender should be judged and punished also under local law. Should either Amnalos or Koku, for whatever reason, desire that an offender be extradited back to their home nation, this can be dealt with on a case-by-case basis and needn't be covered in the Articles.

Yours sincerely,

Salvor Aldan Andros, on behalf of the Emperor

(OOC: I've changed the articles in the 2nd post of this thread.)

To: Emperor Kano

Subject: Presents.

Warm wishes to you, Emperor Kano.

I am very pleased that there has been initiations to strengthen the relations of our two nations.

Whilst the draft of trade agreement is in the approval process of the senates, I would like to extend my personal appreciation to you, Emperor, with a pair of elephant, our rare animal, together with a number of of our traditional art crafts.

I am certain that closer relations will bring prosper to our both nations.

With kind regards,

Koku, the king.

Remark: Our elephant care taker accompanied the shipment will give your zoologist the knowledge about our elephants, before his return to Koku land.

To: Trade Minister Andros

Subject: Trade agreement.

Well wish to your great Emperor Kano, the administratives, and your people.

It is my pleasure to send you the signed trade agreement which has been approved by our senates and the King.

Trade agreement between Koku and Amnalos

I. All articles herein shall apply in all matters of trade between the undersigned nations.

II. The spirit of this document is to foster good will between the nations of Koku and Amnalos. This ideal is to be held in good faith.

III. The government of both nations shall facilitate the warehouses and transport facilities for the use of the other nation's industry and merchantry, to manage the storage and movement of goods through the nation. Trading agreements will be bound by the law of the land where it is made or signed. Criminal and justice matter will be handled by the law of the land where incidence takes place. This article also states the cooperation of the criminal transfer between the two nations.

IV. Both nations shall provide safety and safe passage of the other nation's merchants as they do to the locals.

V. A tariff of no more than 5% over the local selling price shall be imposed on goods sold, and no transport tariff of more than 3% of transport costs shall be imposed on goods moving through the country.

Signed:

The Kingdom of Koku [X]

The Empire of Amnalos [X]

Let the trade agreement between our two nations be a milestone of our future greater cooperations.

We the government of Koku kingdom also have received a special remark from our king Koku to further seek for the closer cooperations between our two nations.

I shall shortly liaise with you on the possibility to establish embassies between our two nations.

For now, be well and be prosper.

The minister of trade.

Kingdom of Koku.

• 2 weeks later...

To: Minister of trade, Amnalos.

Subject: Potential trading goods.

Warm wishes to you.

I am very pleased with our recent coolaborations.

It has come to my attention that your nation have been producing high quality beef products. We therefore would ilke to trade your beef products with any of our automobile, IT products, handy-crafts, or ..hmm.. our pizzas.

Please tell us should you have any interest in any of our products.

We look forward to your reply.

With kind regards,

Minister of trade, Koku kingdom.

RE;

To: Koku Kingdom's minister for trade

Re: Beef trade

Dear Sir,

Of course we would be interested in trading our products with Koku. I believe the processes for doing just that were established by the trade agreement between our two nations. Is it the volume of trade that concerns Koku Kingdom? I understand the issue is complicated by the fact that trade is a state-run affair in Koku, whereas in Amnalos the bulk of trade is organized by independant merchants.

To counter this, we will establish more trading by the Government itself.

Yours sincerely,

Salvor Aldan Andros,

Amnalite minister for trade

Subject: Trading.

I thank you very much for your reply.

Although it is only I who have been contacting you for some time, all the feed backs and messages are from our traders. In fact, I, as the minister of trade, also act as the chairman of the business commerce of Koku land. We are just openning for outside relations and our people and traders still have us, the government, act as their representative. Soon, when trade is florish, people travel back and forth, you would certainly see more of our delegates from Corporates of Koku land.

Regarding the beef trade;

Since the beef industry in your country is very huge, we presume that the price should be very competitive compare to our local production. Our beef traders would be pleased to order beef from Amnalos at 30 tons as their first lot. They will liaise with your traders on the price, shipment, and inspections required by our FDA, which is fairly simple. After testing the market, our trader would certainly place order on regular basis at the volume that serves the local demand.

Lastly, we are also eager to know if you have any interest in our products; quality automobile, electronics, art crafts, silk cloths, house decoratives, both northern hemisphere and tropical fruits such as ; bananas, oranges, guava, durian, rambutan, lychee, jack fruit, snake fruit, mango, longan, apple, macardemia, and plums.

We have a strong belief that our two nations will greatly benefit from our trading, as the variety good to offer each other, and also as we are in such close proximity.

With kind regards,

Minister of trade, Koku Kingdom.

PS. We government staff of Kokuland usually call by rank.. strange but we are used to it. We go by our real name with close friends, or liaison communications.

Come visit me at Kokuland, I shall show you around, and we shall then go by our names.

To: Minister of Trade, Koku Kingdom

Subject: Trade

Dear sir,

A shipment of 30 tonnes of Amnalite beef has just departed Amnalos for your borders. As per your telegram, the traders will arrange price and such. I hope that this transaction stimulates stronger trading between our nations.

While we are of course very interested in your wide selection of fruit products, automobiles and atr products, it is your fine electronics that could be of the most benefit to Amnalos. We feel that this in combination with our precision engineering might enable us to build machinery of the highest quality.

Regarding the invitation to visit Koku Kingdom, I am extremely honoured. Unfortunately, with the bad situation in the Cenapes, the Emperor has decided that all the Cabinet ministers are to remain in the Palace for the duration of the conflict. I hope to see the Kingdom of Koku in the near future.

I've also been asked by our Minister for Planning to inform you that we have nearly completed construction of the Koku Embassy. There is still some minor work to be done, but the Embassy is ready to accomodate an Ambassador and staff.

Yours sincerely,

Minister of Trade, Amnalos

Subject: Trading and Embassy construction.

I received your message with thanks.

The shipment of Amnalite beef has just arrived at Koku kingdom.While the traders arrange all the marketing and distribution, I have heard that the beef is to all satisfactions of our consumers. Actually, I personally had my chef cooked Pepper steak and it is so tasty.. as fresh as it traveled such short distance Amnalos-Koku. Our trader will also help promote the beef by introducing the cooked beef in our National Cooking festival this weekend.

It's a good news that your traders are interested in our fruit products and automobiles.

Regarding electronics, we have own-researchs, buy and joint venture know-how, all sources of technology which enable advancement. We welcome our joint effort, tech transfer, and even open house tour. (of course, excluding some top national security researches). Our electronics are from computer ships, satellite communication system, medical devices, environmental controllers, refrigerators, or digital cameras, etc. Please let us know your interest, and we will liaise with our business men in such industries.

Our invitation for your visit stands, just let us know the timing when you will pay a visit to our nation. We are sorry over the Cenapes, we have no knowledge on it, but offer any help whatever we can assist - do tell us, should you require any.

Regarding the Embassy, we thank you for the expedition of construction. Our minister of foreign affairs have selected the person, now await King Koku's appointment. Soon, we will have a team to specially promote our trade and relations. For your Embassy, we have received the choice of location your authority had selected. We expect the construction will complete in due course.

Lastly, I send to you the good will from our fruit exporters ; 5 tons of variety fruits from Koku kingdom, to you and your people.

We look forward to our future collaborations.

With kind regards,

Minister of trade,

Koku Kingdom.