Request NPCs: Stemas and Hvarf

This is an NPC Request for one of the two NPCs that would run along the southern border of Ahrana.

---

The Republic of Stemas since its independence in 1851 and after a brief period of time of having a Monarchy by a subsect of the House of Chayak, the Republician Government has been a prosperous one since its inception. The People of Stemas do not hate the old Monarchy but respect it and has thanked the former Royal House for serving the People as long as they did. The people of Stemas are of Southern Scandi origin and are distantly related to the people of Elde, Uppsund, and Xara. The land of Stemas was conquered by the Ahranaian Empire during its rise to power and expansive size. 

The Republic is headed by a President as the Head of State, being elected by the People every five years through Direct Elections, and with the Prime Minister being the Head of Government, elected by the people through a Parliamentary Election every four years or when an election has been called by the Parliament or President. The Parliament of the Republic is a bicameral Legislature with the upper chamber being the Federal Council and the lower chamber being the Federal Assembly. The Judicial is based on a Federal Structure that allows the Regions to set up Regional Courts, the Constitutional and the Supreme Courts make up the Federal Courts while the Regional Courts are created to serve in the absence of a lower Federal Court. The Constitution of the Republic is laid out to respect the basic rights of people and to promote Social and Justice Liberties as well as others. The Constitution promotes Social Democracy within the Republics boundaries. 

The Population and Economy of Stemas are strong in comparison to say Dniester and Ahrana due to the length of time Capitalism has been able to operate inside the Republic. The Population is 22,156,325 with the most recent census taking place in 2021. The GDP (Total) of Stemas is around 150 billion with the GDP (Per Capita) being around 8,900 thousand with the possibility of the economy growing by the end of the year doubling what it has been in recent years.

The Capital of Stemas is Bakne.

Flag of The Republic of Stemas:

QX6WefQ.png

---

The Federal Republic of Hvarf since its independence in 1853 and after a two-decade long period of having a Crown Prince as the leader of the Independent State, the Federal Republic of Hvarf has seen tremendous growth through serious hard times. The People of Hvarf are of the Southern Scandi origin same as Elde, Uppsund, Xara, and Stemas but within the Country a minority of Slavic Peoples have existed since the creation of the first Ducal Lands by the Empire of Ahrana.

The Federal Republic of Hvarf is headed by a President, as the Head of Government elected every eight years, and a Federal Chancellor, as the Head of State from among the Parliament of the Republic elected by the people through elections every four years. The Parliament of the Federal Republic of Hvarf is a Bicameral Legislature with the upper house being the Öldungadeild (Senate), a 95 member chamber, and with the lower house being the Sambandsþing (Federal Assembly), a 200 member chamber.

The Population and Economy of Hvarf is emerging and growing, much like its Neighbour, Stemas, the expected outcome of economic growth is to be high by the end of the year.  The Population of Hvarf sits around 24,538,621 million since the last census. The GDP (Total) of Hvarf is around 200 billion with the GDP (Per Capita) being around 8,240 thousand. The Economy is once again expected to grow but not to the lengths of Stemas.

The Capital of Hvarf is Holborg

Flag of the Federal Republic of Hvarf:

QD0qFpa.png

---

This is the map I have for both NPCs as a proposal used in the Expansion Thread originally which no longer holds any true as an Expansion.

YBgeEed.png 

Hvarf is in Red with the White Circle indicating the capital, the Blue is Stemas with the white circle indicating the capital as well. (With Girkmand being moved I have had to change a few things and some minor lore adjustments as well)

15 minutes ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I'm going to ping @Hinterlands for comment, as Stemas completely envelopes the western land border of Hinteria. If Hinteria is cool with it, fine.

I'd alo like to ask as to what you intend to do with these nations, and how you envision them interacting both with Ahrana, Hinteria and the other players of Argis.

I'm going to have to agree with Tagmatium. What are your present and future plans for these NPCs? Also I am much more hesitant to allow Stemas as it does significantly block Hinteria's expansion potential (along with the borders just being fugly as hell). Also, what are these nation's ethnicities (and/or languages) and religions?

I don't mind having Stemas as a neighbour, but I'd like to make a request to have the border altered slightly. I can work out any lore issues that may come of this like some kind of land purchase deal. Other than that I have no issues with this.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Hinterlands said:

I don't mind having Stemas as a neighbour, but I'd like to make a request to have the border altered slightly. I can work out any lore issues that may come of this like some kind of land purchase deal. Other than that I have no issues with this.

spacer.png

Sorry, I'm being a blockhead.

Does the red line within Stemas represent where you would like the border pushed back to?

6 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I'm going to ping @Hinterlands for comment, as Stemas completely envelopes the western land border of Hinteria. If Hinteria is cool with it, fine.

I'd also like to ask as to what you intend to do with these nations, and how you envision them interacting both with Ahrana, Hinteria and the other players of Argis.

That’s completely reasonable I completed this post half asleep which wasn’t wise as I didn’t realize what the map was. Steams isn’t really required but historically it would have existed during the Empires existence. 

6 hours ago, Xio said:

I'm going to have to agree with Tagmatium. What are your present and future plans for these NPCs? Also I am much more hesitant to allow Stemas as it does significantly block Hinteria's expansion potential (along with the borders just being fugly as hell). Also, what are these nation's ethnicities (and/or languages) and religions?

Hvarf and Stemas would be Southern Scandi due to the ethnic plans enforced by the empire at the time. These NPCs will act as NPC no strings attached. If I did end up adding them to Ahrana I would RP that expansion but at this time these wouldn’t be expansions like the likes of Uppsund and Elde were. The religion found in these states would be Orthodoxy which would be a remanent if an era long go lane since the complete  collapse of the remaining Empire Territories in 1937.

What I mean by the complete collapse of the remaining Empire Territories would be the likes of Elde, Uppsund, Hvarf, Stemas when the Republican Government replaced the Royal Government at the time which went into exile during that period. 

I hope that made some sense. But Stemas could be pushed over and could be represented above Hvarf leaving plenty of room for @Hinterlandsroom for expansion. 
I also apologize for not tagging you in this thread my apologies!!

I had a brainstorm session last night while I slept that made more sense of Stemas and Hvarf and this is what I came up with:

While I did say the Culture of Stemas and Hvarf would be Southern Scandi along with the Language, I do believe there would be a large portion of Slavs also living in these two States. The proportion of Southern Scandi to Slavs of be about half and half honestly. In the history of these lands and of Ahrana these States would have been originally Slav Peoples like Central Ahrana was in the past, but over time through the Ethnic Policies used by the Old Ahranaian Government the slow change of the Slav Peoples would have happened over time. It wouldn't be till these States gained their independence that efforts to preserve the remaining Slav identity would have been taken.

The reason you see the nations names closely resembling Scandi is due to the Scandi precedence in Government as it is seen as easier to use in Government and Official Use. Another reason could be due to lingering Ahranaian Policies still around today which allowed only the use of Scandi in any Government use.

Edited by Ahrana (see edit history)
  • 8 months later...

This is a formal request as the Stemas Arc is the second Expansion project to happen in the trio Arc (Dniester, Stemas, and Hveradalur). Stemas will and has already started its official request to either join the Union as a Client State or a full Member State. By the end of the Stemas Arc much like Hveradalur, Stemas will be a Client State but not a Protectorate. Stemas will be the middle road between full Member State and Protectorate Client State. What will set Stemas apart is the fact that the President will be the equivalent to the Governor-General and appointed by the Federal Presidium Council not the Diarchs. Stemas will experience the full benefits that a Member State or Union State would but have the current Political structure it currently has. Stemas will be Internationally represented by the Union in all International matters.

Once again, @Xiois being pinged as he is our Cartographer god and @Hinterlandsas my closet nieghbour in that area!