Kharai Map Application

Name: Republic of Kharai 

Capital: Si Khinpūn 

Flag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/849772436425408633/925826944107438162/IMG_0077.png

Capital location: In between two rivers

Stats Chosen: 

• Land area: 2
  • Population: 1  
  • GDP: 1

Factbook: Link

Culture: Thai, Arab, Italian, East Asian, Cham, Roma

Climate: Reasonably tropical

History: Leadership switching between the warring peoples, with kingdoms and caliphate rising and following along with the rise of Aludhamma and Islam in the country. Modern day the corrupt government tackles issues between religion and government and people values/ideas as well as recovering from a war with neighbors.

Desired Location: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/849772436425408633/933868143082885160/IMG_0109.png 

If it is too big, I am willing to shift stat points or borders. Also, if you can’t see the pictures just DM me. Thank you!

While our cartographer is away at the moment, different staff members may be answering threads so that your map request can be processed quickly to permit the cartographer to go straight to updating the physical map.

Based off where you want to be, the size works for sure it is just under the 2 point land area range. Obligatory consent would be needed from @Kertosono & @Rhava as the closest active nations to you if they are ok with you taking these pieces of land. If my knowledge serves correct, there is no Arab in that region so I am not sure how to address that one.

I support the map application, and am excited to have a new neighbor (may Yeosan and Utogo Rest In peace)

As for the Arab population, since Rhava has a large Levantine population perhaps there is some connection/interaction between the peoples.  

Hello! I'm very sorry for the delays (exams suck) but I'm finally here to discuss your application.

Culture
Like what @Kertosono said, a brief history of each of the ethnic groups would be good so I know your desired location fits. The island Rhava is on has Levantine populations so I recommend working with them to figure out a shared ethnic history for the arrival of the Levantines. The Roma/Romani people would also need explaining as our Indo-Aryan groups are usually described as being in Europa, same with our Italian groups which are in southern Europe (Mantella and @Cristina).

Climate
All good!

Stats & Desired Location
Stats are good and your desired location comes out at 343,600km^2, within the 2 point land area range.
unknown.png

My only issue is how these two equally sized large areas remain interconnected as a single nation despite being separated by a very busy wide trading channel. If you can answer this and my above questions on the arrival of the Romani/Italian populations then you can have your desired location with the consent of:
- Kertosono (already given)
- Rhava (already given)
- Possibly @Cristina for your Italian populations

Edited by Xio (see edit history)

Cultures: 

Thai and Cham: Moved there with Austroasiatic and Austronesian migrations 

Arab: Probably came with the city states if they are canonized 

Italian: So I was researching the neighbors, specifically Rhava and noticed they were colonized by Salvia, which seems to be some sort of Latin and Pacific Islander nation? Perhaps they came from the colonization of Rhava

Romani: This one is less important. Maybe there was a migration of groups from somewhere in Argis, I’m not entirely sure. 

The two areas would come about sometime after King Kharai formed the Kharanese union, the Linsen region (mainland)  

which was made out of 3 different states all individually requested to join the union. The rule over them would be similar to Malaysia, though I need to more research into it.

Maybe the "Italian" population is recent and arrived there after fleeing the turmoils Mantella have been facing in the last decades. For example, many Mantellans fled the country after the New Order (a fascist regime that is plaguing Mantella since 1990) came to power. 

Edited by Cristina (see edit history)

Although it is certainly an interesting idea, to have two landmasses separated by significant distance between a major waterway, I do not feel as though your current ideas necessarily need for your country to hold such a strategic and tumultuous position. As such, I will be declining your desired location, but I have come up with 3 compromises below. It is up to you to choose which you like, then we can refine the borders in this thread, Forum direct messages, or in Discord DMs.

1. Northern half of the island
unknown.png
Coming in at 335,900km^2 this will put Kharai west of Rhava on the large island. It is largely tropical savannah with some dry steppe in the south and south-west.

2. Southern half of the island
unknown.png
At 279,900km^2, still bordering Rhava, but now in the south, Kharai would also own a sizeable island if you want to do something regarding a separate landmass like your original desired location.

3. Alharun mainland
unknown.png
351,600km^2. Still a tropical climate like the others, however the eastern coastline experiences annual monsoons and dry periods.

Hi everybody. I’m just going to give my full reasoning and walk through of my controlling both parts in my desired location, and if you don’t agree then I would like to just have the island part and bring switch my points to 2 GDP 1 pop 1 land. Here’s my reasoning; The mainland has a lot of history with it that is crucial to the development of Kharai, and the history that Rhava and I discussed and came to a consensus about. The mainland known as the Linsen, is home to my Burmese population known as the Pyin. They’re a major part of Kharanese politics, with the Pyin demographic controlling 43% of the senate, and are a big part of the history. Rhava and I discussed that they would invade early on similar to a toungoo dynasty, and would be the largest empire on the island. Known as the Myatsaw Upaday, this was a system of governance that would be introduced the island, basically setting up most of the law systems in both of the countries. The Myatdaw empire (name of the empire) would also connect the entire !southeast asian cultural sphere, allowing the cultural groups to mix and share idea, as well as setting up roads throughout both nations. The empire would fall quickly, and be replaced with the Yellow Empire, specifically Alang Kha Chue from Rhava, who would form the Nhan dynasty, and the already control of the mainland with the fall of the Myatdaw would explain how Nhan could quickly rally troops on both sides to take control of the Yellow Empire. Then when the Huang would take control once again they could just take the entire thing easily. Skip through time a little bit and during the colonization of Rhava, Salvian separatist would leave the colonies in Northeastern Rhava to settle the mainland, where they would create the Mauriallis dynasty, which is one of the most important parts of Kharai’s history. They cannot land on the island, Levantine-Arab caliphates from Rhava and Kharai occupying parts of the island, and the rest being under native empires, or would eventually be taken over by Salvian colonialism in the 1600s. The Mauriallis dynasty would expand Kharai to modern borders, as well as keep Kharai from being colonized through negotiation. At the end of the Alharun war the mainland as well as Rhava and parts of Kharai would join the FASR, until the eventual Islamic Revolution in Rhava, in which Kharai would take back it’s own land, forming a federation. The mainland observing the economic destruction communism had on them, would join the federation establishing modern day Kharai. In the 70s and 80s Kharai would preemptively attack Rhava, so that an Islamic Revolution would not happen in Kharai, with the result of the war Kharai being crippled, and revolts across the country. From here the royal family would be removed, and Vichu Saetang would take power, striking a deal with Rhava so that Rhava would send supplies and resources over the border every month, and in exchange the waterway would be divided by claim to Adisi, Synthe, and FASR nations, and that there would be an international passage way controlled by the AN maybe? I think will also add to interesting RP because of irl situations like the South China Sea, in which the FASR might make huge claims over the water way and Rhava, Kharai, and other nations would disagree. Thank you, and have a good day.

On 1/31/2022 at 12:43 AM, Kharai said:

Hi everybody. I’m just going to give my full reasoning and walk through of my controlling both parts in my desired location, and if you don’t agree then I would like to just have the island part and bring switch my points to 2 GDP 1 pop 1 land. Here’s my reasoning; The mainland has a lot of history with it that is crucial to the development of Kharai, and the history that Rhava and I discussed and came to a consensus about. The mainland known as the Linsen, is home to my Burmese population known as the Pyin. They’re a major part of Kharanese politics, with the Pyin demographic controlling 43% of the senate, and are a big part of the history. Rhava and I discussed that they would invade early on similar to a toungoo dynasty, and would be the largest empire on the island. Known as the Myatsaw Upaday, this was a system of governance that would be introduced the island, basically setting up most of the law systems in both of the countries. The Myatdaw empire (name of the empire) would also connect the entire !southeast asian cultural sphere, allowing the cultural groups to mix and share idea, as well as setting up roads throughout both nations. The empire would fall quickly, and be replaced with the Yellow Empire, specifically Alang Kha Chue from Rhava, who would form the Nhan dynasty, and the already control of the mainland with the fall of the Myatdaw would explain how Nhan could quickly rally troops on both sides to take control of the Yellow Empire. Then when the Huang would take control once again they could just take the entire thing easily. Skip through time a little bit and during the colonization of Rhava, Salvian separatist would leave the colonies in Northeastern Rhava to settle the mainland, where they would create the Mauriallis dynasty, which is one of the most important parts of Kharai’s history. They cannot land on the island, Levantine-Arab caliphates from Rhava and Kharai occupying parts of the island, and the rest being under native empires, or would eventually be taken over by Salvian colonialism in the 1600s. The Mauriallis dynasty would expand Kharai to modern borders, as well as keep Kharai from being colonized through negotiation. At the end of the Alharun war the mainland as well as Rhava and parts of Kharai would join the FASR, until the eventual Islamic Revolution in Rhava, in which Kharai would take back it’s own land, forming a federation. The mainland observing the economic destruction communism had on them, would join the federation establishing modern day Kharai. In the 70s and 80s Kharai would preemptively attack Rhava, so that an Islamic Revolution would not happen in Kharai, with the result of the war Kharai being crippled, and revolts across the country. From here the royal family would be removed, and Vichu Saetang would take power, striking a deal with Rhava so that Rhava would send supplies and resources over the border every month, and in exchange the waterway would be divided by claim to Adisi, Synthe, and FASR nations, and that there would be an international passage way controlled by the AN maybe? I think will also add to interesting RP because of irl situations like the South China Sea, in which the FASR might make huge claims over the water way and Rhava, Kharai, and other nations would disagree. Thank you, and have a good day.

So a couple things:

Did you speak to @Fulgistan about this lore regarding the Yellow Empire? He is the member of the community working on it, and I haven't found anything anywhere of you two discussing lore with one another including when I asked Fulgistan himself if he knew what you were talking about. Similarly the FASR is something Fulgistan is in the midst of making as a future nation, it has not existed in the past. This tells me you didn't notify him of the lore you're creating for your nation when it would directly affect his own lore, which is something Eurth deeply frowns upon.

Nothing in your history gives me reason for your nation to be split in such a way, in fact the lore you have created is almost counter-intuitive to your desired location as you talk as though controlling one half means you can easily control the other, which makes no sense. Also you talk a lot about history but nothing about your present day country nor nation's identity speaks to your desire. I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you have written but it's hard to read when everything is one giant block of text, you should at least try to format your writing into paragraphs.

All in all, this sounds more like you finding a cool and strategic location for your country then back-tracking to find a solution. Which fair enough I do that all the time but you need a seriously good reason and a nation designed for such a geographically split nation. I'm sorry but I am declining your desired location, I hope this does not impact your experience on Eurth.

Regarding switching your land points to just 1 point (leaving you with 90,000 - 260,000km^2) with just the island part, that's fine as you'll have a land area of 213,000km^2. Rhava has already given consent so these are your borders:
unknown.png

Any changes (Flag's symbol enlarged to be less blurry / border shape / etc.)? You can have up to 4 cities in your country (counting the capital) for when you first join the map.

I understand, and in the future I will talk to people before I make the ideas, though none of those are canon and are just ideas. With the fasr and yellow empire it was mentioned to me by Rhava when we were talking, and I meant more of that Rhava controlled parts of Kharai, and with Rhava and become part of his history, but I recognize where I might if said it wrong.It’s okay, I was hoping to have that location just so I would be able to have more rivers, and a place to put a rival civilization to mine and create distrust between both parts of the country, but I understand the decline and thanks for the help. The flag is great, I had it made by Rhava and I really like it :). For cities can I have the city of Keserwan right above the flag, Lamei added in the top left, and Khi Mukturā on the river above the capital. Thank you and I look forward to my stay in Eurth!

Edited by Kharai (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Kharai said:

I understand, and in the future I will talk to people before I make the ideas, though none of those are canon and are just ideas. With the fasr and yellow empire it was mentioned to me by Rhava when we were talking, and I meant more of that Rhava controlled parts of Kharai, and with Rhava and become part of his history, but I recognize where I might if said it wrong.It’s okay, I was hoping to have that location just so I would be able to have more rivers, and a place to put a rival civilization to mine and create distrust between both parts of the country, but I understand the decline and thanks for the help. The flag is great, I had it made by Rhava and I really like it :). For cities can I have the city of Keserwan right above the flag, Lamei added in the top left, and Khi Mukturā on the river above the capital. Thank you and I look forward to my stay in Eurth!

unknown.png

If this is good I can have Kharai up for the next map draft.
Congratulations your nation is now fully canon to Eurth :).