[Map Application] Dominion of Kōri-Chi

While our cartographer is away at the moment, different staff members may be answering threads so that your map request can be processed quickly to permit the cartographer to go straight to updating the physical map.

I was talking with some other staff and I am not sure that 4-0-0 for stats is going to be ideal or sensible for what you wish to claim. The territory will be very spread out in order to get to a number that gets your nation in the 4 point range and numerically makes your other statistics one in which that essentially makes you a low income nation. For what you wish to have, I suggest you reconsider your stats instead of allotting them all in land area. More feasible would probably be a 1 or 0 in land area and the other 2-3 points allotted elsewhere. Since you specified in your VS that you envisioned your GDPpc to be just under China, you'd likely want to put a point there and perhaps another 1 in population. Not all 4 points have to be spent, and I foresee the possibility depending on how they are spent that they can fulfill your vision statement precisely.

1 hour ago, Oyus said:

While our cartographer is away at the moment, different staff members may be answering threads so that your map request can be processed quickly to permit the cartographer to go straight to updating the physical map.

I was talking with some other staff and I am not sure that 4-0-0 for stats is going to be ideal or sensible for what you wish to claim. The territory will be very spread out in order to get to a number that gets your nation in the 4 point range and numerically makes your other statistics one in which that essentially makes you a low income nation. For what you wish to have, I suggest you reconsider your stats instead of allotting them all in land area. More feasible would probably be a 1 or 0 in land area and the other 2-3 points allotted elsewhere. Since you specified in your VS that you envisioned your GDPpc to be just under China, you'd likely want to put a point there and perhaps another 1 in population. Not all 4 points have to be spent, and I foresee the possibility depending on how they are spent that they can fulfill your vision statement precisely.

I still want a regrouped land claim, which is decent still. I don't see the point thing as having to spend all 4 points into having a nation “massive” if like it doesn't fit properly from the map, I have no idea equally of the scale, so I'd prefer to have like a recommandation of what the cartographer would allow and would make sense, and if it doesn't fit all the 4 points because doesn't make sense geographically and co and it's more pretty, then sure yes (don't know if I was clear?), knowing that I need both “warm” lands where population may grow, and more “antartic” ones. From my understanding of reading the rules, you can grow after. Personally, I don't want to RP territorial expansion at all with that nation, while RPing economic and demographic growth, I'm pretty used to such and have no issues since those are parts of my RP. So my idea is just to get the basic territory that will be all, and then be done regarding such, so may focus on economy (GDP per capita of China would be the target, same for a decent sized population).

Hello and congratulations on passing the academy!
I apologise for the delays on joining the map, January was busy for me due to exams. Now let's finally get you on the map.

Stats & Desired Location
As Oyus stated, having 4 points in land whilst being a collection of islands would be incredibly difficult as most islands close to Antargis (the southern continent) are very small so having enough of them to reach 350,000km^2 would cover most of the map, which isn't ideal. Along with my proposals for your map placement I also came up with some alternative stats that could work for them.

Climate & Culture
This may also be difficult seeing how Eurth has few large Antarctica-like islands in the southern hemisphere, limiting your choices. If you are placed in the southern hemisphere near Antargis your native populations will depend on the proposal, with help from Gallambria I was able to determine which areas near Antargis would house what kinds of natives.

History & Economy
Works well, I see you changed from your initial China economy to something more fitting your 0/0/4 points. With my proposals there will be opportunities for a GDP per capita similar to China (~$10,400, within the middle tier for economy).

Proposals
I have selected 3 locations which I believe fit your country best. It is up to you to choose which one (if any) you like. Then we can refine the borders in this thread, Forum direct messages, or in Discord DMs.

1. Mainland Marenesia Major
unknown.png
This comes out at an area of 274,800km^2 meaning only 2 points in land area would be required allowing you to use those 2 points in the economy and population for 0/2/2 (GDP per capita higher than China) or 1/1/2 (GDP per capita in the same range as China) or 2/0/2 (population over 30 million). The southern half of the island has a Siberian climate with the northern half a cold temperate similar to eastern Europe. The indigenous culture would be Marenai, which is our universe's Maori.

2. Island in Marenesia Major
unknown.png
With an area of 328,700km^2 it also only requires 2 points meaning you can add the other two (or not) to your population or economy. The entire island is a Siberian climate with the southern most island Antarctic climate, however the northern coastline of the large island is very close to the boundary between Siberian and temperate so it's still quite easily habitable. The indigenous culture could also be Marenai, but also a possibility is regular Polynesian or @Safiloa's Polynesian conculture.

3. Both
unknown.png
Using all of your 4 points in land would give you this land, 615,300km^2. The only stipulation for this proposal is explaining how Kori Chi had managed to maintain these equally large territories despite their separation, which IMO can be seen as more of an opportunity than a restriction.

All three of these will require the consent of @Mevraq for their proximity to her nation and @Mito for shared history.

14 minutes ago, Xio said:

Hello and congratulations on passing the academy!
I apologise for the delays on joining the map, January was busy for me due to exams. Now let's finally get you on the map.

Stats & Desired Location
As Oyus stated, having 4 points in land whilst being a collection of islands would be incredibly difficult as most islands close to Antargis (the southern continent) are very small so having enough of them to reach 350,000km^2 would cover most of the map, which isn't ideal. Along with my proposals for your map placement I also came up with some alternative stats that could work for them.

Climate & Culture
This may also be difficult seeing how Eurth has few large Antarctica-like islands in the southern hemisphere, limiting your choices. If you are placed in the southern hemisphere near Antargis your native populations will depend on the proposal, with help from Gallambria I was able to determine which areas near Antargis would house what kinds of natives.

History & Economy
Works well, I see you changed from your initial China economy to something more fitting your 0/0/4 points. With my proposals there will be opportunities for a GDP per capita similar to China (~$10,400, within the middle tier for economy).

Proposals
I have selected 3 locations which I believe fit your country best. It is up to you to choose which one (if any) you like. Then we can refine the borders in this thread, Forum direct messages, or in Discord DMs.

1. Mainland Marenesia Major
unknown.png
This comes out at an area of 274,800km^2 meaning only 2 points in land area would be required allowing you to use those 2 points in the economy and population for 0/2/2 (GDP per capita higher than China) or 1/1/2 (GDP per capita in the same range as China) or 2/0/2 (population over 30 million). The southern half of the island has a Siberian climate with the northern half a cold temperate similar to eastern Europe. The indigenous culture would be Marenai, which is our universe's Maori.

2. Island in Marenesia Major
unknown.png
With an area of 328,700km^2 it also only requires 2 points meaning you can add the other two (or not) to your population or economy. The entire island is a Siberian climate with the southern most island Antarctic climate, however the northern coastline of the large island is very close to the boundary between Siberian and temperate so it's still quite easily habitable. The indigenous culture could also be Marenai, but also a possibility is regular Polynesian or @Safiloa's Polynesian conculture.

3. Both
unknown.png
Using all of your 4 points in land would give you this land, 615,300km^2. The only stipulation for this proposal is explaining how Kori Chi had managed to maintain these equally large territories despite their separation, which IMO can be seen as more of an opportunity than a restriction.

All three of these will require the consent of @Mevraq for their proximity to her nation and @Mito for shared history.

Hello, thank you for your work, option 2 is perfect and fits what I was seeking, if it's fine for @Mevraq and @Mito.

Will put the remaining of my points into demographics. And naturally make a % of the population be of Mevraq native culture, and write history of colonisation with migration with Mito colonists, like New Zealand.

Edited by Kori Chi (see edit history)