Request Gotneskan’ Geography Change

This is the current geography of my nation!!
spacer.png

This updated map of Gotneska has made the following changes.

spacer.png

1. Shorten the mountain river, why has this been done? To add more mountains terrain, and to also just make it look less weird looking.

2. Added more hills in the south. Why you may ask to just make the geography a little more spicy!! 

Things that aren’t included but would like to add are some fjords to my southern coast.

also the arrow will be explained below ⬇️!

spacer.png

So why do I want a lake added in this part of my nation. 

First off this lake is of historical importance to the region. Why you may ask? Because one it was a major trade route for early humans to trade with the coastal regions and also stay connected to the capital to the south when kingdoms and stuff started forming. But it was also used by the Ateentian Vikings or (Namór Ásásadóirmenni) the native name given to them by the Ruaihiri people. The lake has also been a major source of food and water for the local people that depend on it for daily life. The line that say Inflow and Outflow are meant to represent how trade/ Vikings where able to move up and down the rivers and lakes of eastern Gotneska.

Thank you and I hope this request can be approved. If any questions are to come up I more then willing to address them. Time maybe a factor if it takes time as this Friday is my birthday so probably not going to be very active.

Edited by Gotneska (see edit history)
9 hours ago, Gotneska said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

1. Shorten the mountain river, why has this been done? To add more mountains terrain, and to also just make it look less weird looking.

2. Added more hills in the south. Why you may ask to just make the geography a little more spicy!! 

Things that aren’t included but would like to add are some fjords to my southern coast.

spacer.png

First off this lake is of historical importance to the region. Why you may ask? Because one it was a major trade route for early humans to trade with the coastal regions and also stay connected to the capital to the south when kingdoms and stuff started forming. But it was also used by the Ateentian Vikings or (Namór Ásásadóirmenni) the native name given to them by the Ruaihiri people. The lake has also been a major source of food and water for the local people that depend on it for daily life. The line that say Inflow and Outflow are meant to represent how trade/ Vikings where able to move up and down the rivers and lakes of eastern Gotneska.

Thank you and I hope this request can be approved. If any questions are to come up I more then willing to address them. Time maybe a factor if it takes time as this Friday is my birthday so probably not going to be very active.

Gonna be a nerd here and say, rivers dont work like that. A river never starts from ocean so your river starting from the north coast and going to south coast is pretty much impossible unless turned into canal through human engineering. Though it is possible for rivers to split into 2 and head in different directions, however this mostly happens at the end of the river at river delta but there are a few instances where they happen up river.
Rivers are fed by lakes and they flow all the way to ocean.
Unless of course I misunderstood your drawing in which case correct me.

To be clear the rivers aren’t meant to be one large river. I was just showing how it was connected to the larger rivers of the region plus was stating that they where still navigable. 

And lakes for the most point have rivers and or streams that drop water off but if I remember currently only one stream or river can be it’s main outflow source, ands that’s what I’m trying to show here.

Does that help explain anything @Ateenia

Sorry after talking to @Xio I realized that the inflow and outflow sources are flipped!! 

And secondly the rivers may not Connect to one another possibility could be a little gap in between that maybe one day becomes a artificial canal built by the natives.

On 1/6/2022 at 4:22 AM, Gotneska said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Topography seems okay. Regarding your Lake's inflows/outflows we already discussed on Discord that rivers don't work like that, but I can modify the local terrain around the requested lake so that a canal in a future RP would be possible and make it more clear how Ateenian Vikings could've crossed the rivers. But that would take time to do and may delay your request being added to the map.

Also happy birthday :).

Edited by Xio (see edit history)

I understand but I’d like to add the lake as for rp it’s going to make Viking raids much easier from the north after they realize that they can use it!! 

And thank you!!

9 hours ago, Xio said:

Topography seems okay. Regarding your Lake's inflows/outflows we already discussed on Discord that rivers don't work like that, but I can modify the local terrain around the requested lake so that a canal in a future RP would be possible and make it more clear how Ateenian Vikings could've crossed the rivers. But that would take time to do and may delay your request being added to the map.

Also happy birthday :).