Flag:

spacer.png

Capital name: Snodekt

Capital location: In-land, mountain on border of capital preferred

Stats Chosen: 7 million/18,726/TBD

Factbook/iiwiki link:

Culture: Scandinavian 

Climate: Cold, Snowy

History: Magnus is an nation that was created by Vikings, that was lead by Alexander. (See More in Vision Statement)

Desired Location: No exact location, though an spot in Argis is preferred

Third times the charm! You've sure come on a long journey to finally reach me. But I can finally say: welcome to Eurth Magnus. The last hurdle before joining the canon is now here, your map application.
Thankfully this is the easiest part for most.

Stats
So you've gone with a population of 7 million (0 pop points), a GDP per capita of $18,726 (2 points), and an unknown land area. However seeing as you only have 2 points to spare your land area has a maximum size of 350,000 km^2.

Culture, Climate, and Desired Location
This works for northern Argis. No further comments.

Out of the possible areas for your country to go I have selected 5 locations which I believe fit your country the best. Do note that all borders shown are just approximations and we can iron out their details either on the Discord or on the forum messages afterwards.

1 & 2 & 3: Northern Argis Homeland
unknown.png      unknown.png   

unknown.png

350,000km^2, 342,000km^2, and 349,000km^2 respectfully, all three of these locations are within frigid northern Alharu with Siberianesque climates of ice, moss, and frigid forests. This is the homeland of the Scandinavians of Eurth, so being a "colony" of Vikings may not work perfectly, but could be explained as the Magnus Vikings expelling other Germanics in the area (especially for the 3rd proposal). All 3 proposals have very tall mountains across their borders or inside their territories.

4 & 5: Auraid Bay Area
unknown.png      unknown.png
153,000km^2, and 116,000km^2. This area is still quite cold, akin to southern to middle Siberia with boreal forests and grasslands, but at least warmer than the north. Highlands exist on the border but not as large and tall as the first 3 proposals.

Edited by Metztlitlaca (see edit history)

Hello there! Top three looks good, I am thinking of an compromise between those three. They have an sort of an unnatural and un-nation like shape (in my opinion, not necessarily yours), so I propose some changes. 

Maybe an area that merely borders Fina or Nyantastan and stretches up evenly works. I like number 1, considering choosing it. 

If you rather like to discuss this via an forum PM, go ahead.

4 hours ago, Metztlitlaca said:

Could you perhaps show on a map what you mean by the first half of this?

Let me explain that again. So you got the area I wanted my nation to be right, though I think the proposals have an unnatural shape. Take number 3 for example. I don’t think my nation’s going to be tree-shaped. Number 2 is fairly good gives me access to sea though number 1 is also great. 

I’ll say for number 1, though I would like some border tweaks. Maybe you can make the right borders in align with left borders.

44 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Let me explain that again. So you got the area I wanted my nation to be right, though I think the proposals have an unnatural shape. Take number 3 for example. I don’t think my nation’s going to be tree-shaped. Number 2 is fairly good gives me access to sea though number 1 is also great. 

I’ll say for number 1, though I would like some border tweaks. Maybe you can make the right borders in align with left borders.

So you want a square shaped nation in the location of Proposal 1?

7 hours ago, Metztlitlaca said:

So you want a square shaped nation in the location of Proposal 1?

I think you got all confused there. Here’s what my nation should look like: 

Everything in proposal one is good except that right border, which I fixed. New border for ONLY that area outlined in blue.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Magnus said:

A point about the shape of borders. You're entitled to propose whatever you want your borders to look like (as has been done) but there really is no objective right or wrong shape. For the most part, our cartographers tend to work with what fits within the land area value and what appear to be the closest natural barriers- whether it's shaped like a tree, orangutan, or what have you.

This is mainly for future reference, to highlight that considerations follow rationale of natural obstacles like rivers, mountains or others, rather than the aesthetics of contours.

As everything seems fine. This is just a PSA, no changes are being suggested. Take it as a glimpse into how we generally approach things.

I consent, however I will request that Magnus has some Ateenian minorities at the border region, other then that, glad to have another neighbor (despite having planned to expand that way one day and now my imperialist plans are gone but hey, a new active player is a better deal then some land for me)

Looks like both 3rd parties have consented, now we can work on the finer details of your nation, @Magnus, such as the exact shapes of the borders.
Considering you do not have a Discord account (that I can find), here is a preview of your nation on the map (remember globe to paper distortions mean your country appears more stretched out then it actually is).

unknown.png

Any changes required?

9 hours ago, Metztlitlaca said:

Looks like both 3rd parties have consented, now we can work on the finer details of your nation, @Magnus, such as the exact shapes of the borders.
Considering you do not have a Discord account (that I can find), here is a preview of your nation on the map (remember globe to paper distortions mean your country appears more stretched out then it actually is).

unknown.png

Any changes required?

No. This can now be official.