Q&A Zaxar

35 minutes ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I love the name "Zaxar" - what was the inspiration behind that?

Glad you like it :)

Its based off of my original nation ns nation Zarnath which is in turn based off of my name (I'm not full of myself at all ;)). I'm sure you can guess my name by now lol.

Where did your name come from?

21 minutes ago, Zaxar said:

Glad you like it :)

Its based off of my original nation ns nation Zarnath which is in turn based off of my name (I'm not full of myself at all ;)). I'm sure you can guess my name by now lol.

Where did your name come from?

I'm not going to try to :P I don't want to break our anonymity.

My nation's name is kind of a bit more boring. I was (still am?) more than a little obsessed with the Byzantine Empire, and the more common variations were all taken. So I pretty much chose a word - in this case "tagma", which was either a guard unit attached to the imperial palace or a word for "regiment" depending on the period - and added "-tium" to it to get the right looking name.

Oh, well.

I think yours is at least more original.

I can tell you put more than a little thought into your nation here! Any particular sources of inspiration you had? Any areas that you're especially fond of, or that you want to pay extra attention to?

9 minutes ago, Unuecejo said:

I can tell you put more than a little thought into your nation here! Any particular sources of inspiration you had? Any areas that you're especially fond of, or that you want to pay extra attention to?

Thanks!

I'm not really sure what inspired my nation, I guess I just kind of took my ideal imaginary country and gave it a bunch of issues so I could try and fix it.

I am particularly interested in the economy and foreign relations of it although I haven't really work much on it yet as I am waiting to be on the map. This is really because I just have an interest in those topics in general so why not have fun with them in some rp 😃. I also am interested to see how my culture will turn out because I have never gave it much thought or effort but it seems to be important (I wonder why lol).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Tagmatium Rules
      To: Their Excellency, Oiguina Escoffier, Trade Minister of the Autokrateia ton Megas Zaxareia, the Empire of Greater @Zaxar
      From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion

Your Excellency,
      It has been noted by the Holy Imperial Government that your nation is on the verge of becoming one of the largest suppliers of lithium to the rest of the wurld. This is primarily due to the fact that your nation has some of the largest and most readily exploitable reserves and sources of it on Eurth. It has also been noted by my government that your nation has already struck a trade deal with at least one of your fellow Aurelian nations and it also seems that word has got out that Tagmatium is equally interested in pursuing such a deal with your nation. This, I can very much confirm, is the case.
      Whilst your nation is not the only nation with available sources of lithium on Eurth, the Empire of Great Zaxar is the only one that the Greater Holy Empire is interested with doing business with at this time. Your nation has shown itself to be a nation whose star is rising at the moment, and it would be in the interests of my nation to help this star to continue to rise. Although we would envision this to be a reciprocal relationship between our nations, as such a relationship would be of benefit to both Zaxar and Tagmatium. To this end, I am requesting that your government facilitate talks starting between your nations' lithium mining companies and companies within my nation that are keen to utilise this source, to enable the export of lithium to Tagmatium.
      Whilst this trade would be a good next step in the short history of relations between our nations, there is undoubtedly more that we can do for each other. In order to make this more of a wide-ranging trade deal, one that benefits both of our nations beyond just trading in lithium, I would also request that our nations use this opportunity to investigate what tariffs might be reduced against the other products that can be sourced from our nations, what investment opportunities might be available and what further aspects of trade that we could encourage between our nations.
      For example, my nation is known for its expertise in farming, and a standing deal exists between Tagmatium and the Dominions of @Metztlitlaca whereby experts from my nation help to improve the farming techniques employed by the farms of Metztlitlcaca. Equally, my nation is a main exporter of farming machinery, fertiliser and other related products. I know that Aurelia has one of the most extensive rail networks in the New Wurld, and there are several locomotive works that would be keen to do business with state- or privately-owned rail companies in your nation.
      The people of Tagmatium, the Holy Emperor and I await your reply.
      Through faith in God and through trade, we can bring the wurld's nations closer together.
      Takitos Khalkeos
      Megas Logothetes, Grand Minister
      of the
      Logothesion tou Kommerkiarionikou, Ministry of Trade,
      of the
      Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion
    • By Zaxar
      New Government Power Project Getting the Green Light
      Just this Friday, the Zaxar Ministry of Finance released an official statement giving authorization for the construction of the Fravon Gorge Dam just outside of the city of Beliere in southwestern Zaxar. This project was originally proposed in late 2018 and has been on hold ever since until the local authorities could "properly and thoroughly asses the ecological and humanitarian impacts of the dam." This delay led to large-scale protests in Beliere as electricity prices began to climb and smoke from coal powered electricity plants choked the air. Protestors were seen to be carrying banners saying "do your dam job" during marches in early 2020, shortly after air quality in the city reached a record low.
      Today however, protestors and citizens alike rejoice as Emperor William signed off on the project after receiving a positive environmental report from the leading biological and geological researchers assigned to the project planning. This contract for the project is with the large Zaxar hydropower company Blue Fields and signed for an undisclosed amount of money.
      Government economists have estimated that this dam will provide enough electricity and fresh drinking water for the entire city of Beliere which is set to finally end years of coal dependency in the region. Blue Fields has also stated that they will be employing more than 10,000 local workers throughout the construction process which will almost certainly spark a new economic boom in the region as most of the workers there are currently employed in the agriculture or timber industries.
      Fair trade groups and environmental groups from across Greater Zaxar have declared their support for the project as it will cut the nations dependency on foreign coal imports significantly and is considered one of the first steps towards the illusive net-zero carbon goal set by the Emperor back in 2010. The most support for the project however, comes from the citizens of Beliere. Whether conservative, liberal, libertarian, or green, nearly every group has something to gain from this project.
      The project currently has no set completion date although the Emperor has said that it should be done within five years if safety allows. Make sure to stay tuned for more updates and analysis on this project.
      Genetically "Better" Crops Growing on the Sarthus
      Recently, one of our reporters traveled to the banks of the Sarthus River, right into the historical breadbasket of Greater Zaxar, and what she found there was farming that was far more modern than that which was practiced there twenty years ago, and, far more controversial.
      Across the Zaxar side of the Sarthus River Basin, a new kind of crop is being planted. It may look like the same old corn and wheat that has been grown here for thousands of years, but these plants have something special about them, engineered DNA. Produced by domestic companies, Inovant and Glanoag, with help from foreign biotech companies, these plants are proven to yield nearly twice as much crop while being more water and nutrient efficient.
      These crop have been widely adopted by farmers who have been desperate for more efficient crops due to the labor shortage caused by the war, which limits the amount of land that can be farmed and harvested. With these new high levels of productivity, many farmers speculate that they may be able to begin exporting once again. Already, shipments of corn and wheat from Zaxar have been seen cruising down the Sarthus River destined for markets across Aurelia.
      Not all are happy with this however. Some environmental groups have protested the use of genetically engineered crops due to the possibility of them becoming an invasive species in local ecosystems. Both Inovant and Glanoag have released statements declaring these worries to be unfounded and assuring the public that all genetically engineered plants have been made sterile to prevent them from spreading beyond farms. Anti-monopoly groups have warned that the sterilization of crops will give the biotech companies too much power over the food supply and push smaller farmers out of business. The companies, however, assured that they will remain competitors and keep prices reasonable, this remains to be seen.
      Mine Collapse in Niyol
      On Wednesday, a large lithium mine in Niyol suffered from a sudden and unexpected collapse. The collapse occurred in a tunnel two miles below the surface and was likely caused by water damage to the structural systems of the unfinished tunnel, according to Geolithia, the company who operates the mine.
      Fortunately no one was killed or injured in the collapse but some workers have gone strike over the relaxed safety regulations in place in the mines. Company officials have stated that the safety of their employees in their number one priority and that they are currently looking into better ways to monitor the safety of the mines.
      Government officials are monitoring the strikes closely and have stated that they are prepared to break up the unions if the strikes last any longer than one week. This government interest in the mines in nothing new, as the lithium deposits of Niyol are considered to be the single most important factor to the modernization and economic growth of the country as a whole during this new era of lithium batteries.
      The Lithium Miners Union has stated that it only intends to strike until the safety of the mines are improved but many fear that they intend to try and leverage better ages at the same time.
      We will keep you updated on this story as it develops.
    • By Zaxar
      Greater Zaxar Foreign Relations Office             
      This is where Zaxar foreign policy changes and statements will be posted as well as any diplomatic statements or outreaching by other nations that do not require their own thread.

Please feel free to ask any questions about our current foreign relations policies that may impact your nation or its interests. This is also where business deals and contracts will be managed until a more suitable location is established.

Emperor: William Zaxar I
      Minister of Foreign Relations: Maurice la Vaneu
      Minister of Finance: Nicholas von Kenne
      Grand General: Leon Varxsos
      Grand Justice: Alberto Patrar

Current Embassies:
      N/A