The Birth of an Empire

Zaxar

Zaxar Broadcasting Network

January 1, 2000

By Axelander Lavour

Unification and Peace for Zaxar!

--- Today government officials confirmed that the Treaty of Sandrica has officially been signed by delegations from both Bolhetar and Therno as well as our own King Kenneth 'The Great'.  The signing took place earlier today in Zaxar Palace in Sandrica City.  This long awaited moment marks the official end of the Flaxzar War which has plagued our nation for 73 long years and resulted in the deaths and displacement of millions of Zaxars, Bolhetarians, and Thernos alike. While this is great news by itself, it is also important to know what this treaty actually does and how it will affect your life and the lives of those across the nation.

The first major effect of the treaty is obviously the end of the Flaxzar War, however, this war that was started to partition Zaxar has instead turned into a great victory for our people despite the great costs. Clause one of the treaty states, "In the interest of creating lasting peace and prosperity for the nations of the north, this treaty hereby unites the kingdoms of Bolhetar, Zaxar, and Therno under the Zaxar dynasty to be ruled as one great nation." That's right! Bolhetar and Therno have been annexed by our glorious nation! This means that Zaxar is now 3 times bigger and has twice as much population as it did just yesterday. But what does this mean for the average Zaxar? It means you now can travel freely through all territory now owned by Zaxar without a passport, a uniform tax code now exists for Zaxars both new and native, and a new Greater Zaxar currency has been introduced called the Zaxar Mark which can be exchanged for Zaxar Vices, Bolhetar Gauges, and Therno Loxe any time for the next three years.

The second change brought about through this treaty is the retirement of Kenneth 'The Great' which marks the end of his long 73 year rule of Zaxar. His son William Zaxar has now taken the reins to become the first Emperor of Greater Zaxar. When asked about this decision, Kenneth stated that he feels he has "ruled for longer than any other monarch before me" and that "It is time for a new ruler for Zaxar, one who will be a leader of the peace rather than a maker of one." He has stated his utmost confidence in his son and has assured the public that he has prepared William to be a "greater ruler than I could ever hope to be." Yet only time will tell if William 'The Emperor' Zaxar can live up to the expectations of his father and his people.

William has already announced plans for a great memorial park to be built in Sandrica for the fallen soldiers and civilians on all sides of the war. This move has faced criticism from many right wing groups in Zaxar who feel a memorial that "honors the vile creatures who invaded our nation" is an "insult to our people and the sign of a weak king." However, international spectators and political commentators have applauded this move as one of "reconciliation and understanding" which is a clear step by William to create internal peace and assimilate the peoples of the empire.

In order to better represent the interest of the people, William has also unveiled plans to create a parliament which will have the power to draft legislation for approval by the Emperor. This move did not come as a surprise to many, as Kenneth had long talked of giving more power to the people after the war and William is considered to have an agenda very similar to that of his father. The parliament is set to be constructed in the former Bolhetar capital of Malinsk by 2020 with the first elections to be held shortly after. When asked about the long 20 year wait for elections, he responded with "While giving a voice to the people is important, there are unfortunately more pressing matters at this time which I must deal with such as rebuilding this country and stabilizing our economy."

William has also cut back on conscription laws, with young men and women being required to only serve 2 years in either the armed forces or another government organization rather than the wartime high of 10 years. Liberal groups however, are calling for a complete end to conscription laws during peacetime to which William rebuffed with, "Peacetime only remains peaceful if you have the strength to hold onto it. I intend to remove conscription laws only when I can be sure that by doing so, I am not endangering the people of Zaxar."

The path for Zaxar stands at a crossroads, it is now up to time and fate alone to determine the future of the empire.

Long live the Emperor!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Gotneska
      Welcome to this week's area of focus; As most people know the more Meallángan Countys, have called for a Referendum back in early 2017, Four years on the election on the Referendum was put on hold as the surprised death of King Jòhann II in October that year and the crowning of a new monarch Sarah II. As at the time of her Coronation she was only 18 years old, and the Law stated that no leader under the age of 22.9 years old can not pass or reject laws or bills being put fore. As because of this law the Bill that was at the forefront of the Referendum, So the election could not take place. On 19 November 2021, Queen Sarah II finally rejected the bill her father was about to pass. And since then the Counties voting for the Referendum have found it harder than they thought to agree on what is right for the region. Most people still believe life in Gotneska is much better, but a small group is holding on to hope. I spent a few days in the hotspot of the Referendum. A small village name Mistlyn about 1.5 outside the capital city. I spoke to locals asking who would like to an interview on why or why not they support the Referendum. The first person i talked too was Ms. Teagan (Tara) ó Broin, She is against the Referendum. And finally Mr. Michael ó Mahoncuy who supports the Referendum.
      The following is a Q/A type discussion about the topic:
      Meeting with Ms. Teagan
      News Reporter: So Ms. Teagan can you tell me a little about your life, and what think about this Referendum?
      Teagan: Thank you for letting me speak my opinion. So first off I'd like to say I really don't understand the history behind why the Referendum ever became a way out of this mess. I was born in early 1998 so yes I'm only 23 almost 24. All I remember is when I was young everything seemed good, people loved their country, my parents would go out with friends. But when I turned 13 it seemed as things were changing fast. I don't know if that because I don't understand who the wurld worked but all I remember is my dad and one of his coworkers like yelling at each other and my mom trying to get me and my siblings away. 

NR: Seems like you had a good early childhood. My next question is what exactly do you disagree with?
      T: Will first off, I'd say that I'm probably anti-Referendum is mostly because of my parents, they lived thought what I don't remember or happened before I was born. But doing my own research, I found that the bill wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it was but then When you have crazy Separatist  Groups. That for some reason that I still really don't understand why they dislike this country. For one, we've been one nation since the 900's if my math is right, that's 1,100 and something years.
      NR: You sure did your research and yay it's weird why a region that had been a part of said nation for 1100 yrs wants to leave. When for most of its history has been in a good relationship with the royal family.
      T: Yay, that's another thing about this, which again I don't understand why did the King in the first place even think about letting this pass. As his Wife is from a small village in County Chláir. And that now his offspring are related to these people.
      NR: I think most people don't understand much of anything about this topic. I mean, I just started looking into it, and it looks I'm not even as confused by it then a native to the region.
      T: She laughs and says that our wurld. Lol.
      NR: Thank you for your time Teagan I hope this lets people have a better idea of this topic, which I believe most people don't understand.
      T: Will Thank you for having me. Hope you learned some stuff you don't know already.

After my meeting with Ms. Teagan and got ready for my next one, I thought to myself these are my brothers in arms, and they would harm their own because of something a king was thinking of passing but died before doing so and sadly leaving a mess for his teenage daughter to fix. God bless my Queen, Sarah II.
      Meeting with Mr. Michael
      NR: Thank you for meeting with me, you probably have better things to do, but again, thank you. Okay, let’s get to the heart of this topic. Can you tell me why you support the Referendum and for how long have you believe in this.
      Michael: Thank you for having me. To be honest I’ve just never felt this country cared for us, yes I understand we helped form this nation, but we also destroy it. And I’m more than happy to do that. I’m a f*cking 44-year-old being ruled by a 22-year-old girl, there are more people that share that view but no one what’s to say so. And to your second question, since I was maybe 19. When I joined a secret organization which I can’t name.
      NR: Hmm, I think I’m done with this discussion. But thank you.
    • By Balticans
      (Diary Entry of a undisclosed political prisoner in a Baltica labor camp.)

The Sky is thick with moisture and dust. The endless summers of Baltica are especially harsh, the wind slows to a crawl, and the horrors of industry linger in the air like a deadly mist. It's a harsh reality of what life is like, especially for us prisoners. We work, we sleep and we eat, such is the life cycle of whatever poor soul ends up in these camps.

I often wonder what speech, what sentence or even what word or phrase got me sent here; but even the speech which i had so passionately relayed to the millions who followed me to battle, those same millions who would cast aside a parliament that ruled with fear and malice in the hope of a brighter future, I simply can't remember… I don't know if it's some sort of mechanism that the remnants of my brain have decided to hide from me, or even the curse of time finally embedding its claws into the nooks and crannies of my scalp. But I do hope it was a great speech. Maybe I really did make a change. Maybe there's a man or two or even a dozen, who live in some backwater village that I have truly made an impact for.

Nonetheless, I remain here, trapped with my own mind, scattered memories, and countless others who consider me a war criminal. I doubt I have much more time left. At this point what remains of my stumped hands is withering away daily. I know it's pneumonia, the doctors refuse to elaborate, but it doesn't take a fool to realize…  I fought for liberty and freedom. I wanted something to change, but all I did was put the keys in stone for the past to repeat itself, and for another dam, Dolchic, to steal our nation from us yet again. For this I'm truly sorry, but no apology speaks for actions this great....
    • By Tagmatium Rules
      To: Their Excellency, Oiguina Escoffier, Trade Minister of the Autokrateia ton Megas Zaxareia, the Empire of Greater @Zaxar
      From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion

Your Excellency,
      It has been noted by the Holy Imperial Government that your nation is on the verge of becoming one of the largest suppliers of lithium to the rest of the wurld. This is primarily due to the fact that your nation has some of the largest and most readily exploitable reserves and sources of it on Eurth. It has also been noted by my government that your nation has already struck a trade deal with at least one of your fellow Aurelian nations and it also seems that word has got out that Tagmatium is equally interested in pursuing such a deal with your nation. This, I can very much confirm, is the case.
      Whilst your nation is not the only nation with available sources of lithium on Eurth, the Empire of Great Zaxar is the only one that the Greater Holy Empire is interested with doing business with at this time. Your nation has shown itself to be a nation whose star is rising at the moment, and it would be in the interests of my nation to help this star to continue to rise. Although we would envision this to be a reciprocal relationship between our nations, as such a relationship would be of benefit to both Zaxar and Tagmatium. To this end, I am requesting that your government facilitate talks starting between your nations' lithium mining companies and companies within my nation that are keen to utilise this source, to enable the export of lithium to Tagmatium.
      Whilst this trade would be a good next step in the short history of relations between our nations, there is undoubtedly more that we can do for each other. In order to make this more of a wide-ranging trade deal, one that benefits both of our nations beyond just trading in lithium, I would also request that our nations use this opportunity to investigate what tariffs might be reduced against the other products that can be sourced from our nations, what investment opportunities might be available and what further aspects of trade that we could encourage between our nations.
      For example, my nation is known for its expertise in farming, and a standing deal exists between Tagmatium and the Dominions of @Metztlitlaca whereby experts from my nation help to improve the farming techniques employed by the farms of Metztlitlcaca. Equally, my nation is a main exporter of farming machinery, fertiliser and other related products. I know that Aurelia has one of the most extensive rail networks in the New Wurld, and there are several locomotive works that would be keen to do business with state- or privately-owned rail companies in your nation.
      The people of Tagmatium, the Holy Emperor and I await your reply.
      Through faith in God and through trade, we can bring the wurld's nations closer together.
      Takitos Khalkeos
      Megas Logothetes, Grand Minister
      of the
      Logothesion tou Kommerkiarionikou, Ministry of Trade,
      of the
      Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion