Mother's of Rhava

Rhava

OOC: The first 4 stories of, Mothers of Rhava will be a set of chronicles set in the 1000s CE detailing Empress Lin Chi, and her defeat of the Nian King, and the removal of Huang forces from Rhava. Stories 1-4 will be released throughout July-December

She stepped into the court. Unsheathed her blade and lept forward slashing swice knocking two of the guards down. She side kicked a man trying to sneak up on her, and jumped running towards the end of the court. The crown was insight, with only one figure blocking it. He was tall, and burly. She could take him. She darted towards him, fan in hand. She parried a sword with the fan and stabbed with her sword. A sick sound came as the metal hit his rib, and kneeled over in pain. She climbed the stairs, a single drop of sweat dropping onto the ground. She grabbed the crown, sheathing her blade. She lifted her fan into the air, standing tall. Signaling all to come at her. The entire force charged her. She ran right at them, and at last second sliding under them slashing at weapoints. She ran to the tiled house at the end of the court, its empty doors and closed windows gazing eriely. She stopped, gathering her breath. And then bowed to the guards crawling on the ground behind her wheezing in agony. She chuckled, losing focus for a second, only to snap back in to attention. An old man, with graying hair tied into a tight bun, and in navy blue robes patterned with leaves in black thread.

"Well done empress, it seems in only a short a few months you've really improved, rivaling Anak'ri swordsmanship." He patted her on the shoulder, and handed her a towel kindly. She smiled back, as she wiped sweat from her brow. 

"Thank you kindly master Fen," she said bowing. "I brought over herbal medicines to your wife this morning as well. I hope she becomes better, and offer my condolences." It was his turn to smile. 

"You are too kind mistress Lin Chi." A the pattering of steps shattered this nice moment, as an aid arrived out of breath. Lin Chi and master Fen had bewildered looks on their face, as the nearly watched the aid collapse from exhaustion.

"Empress-Gasp-Lin Chi-gasp. News from northwest, nother loss your majesty." Lin Chi sighed, and lifted her finger to her face. "And this one was major, 5 Anak'ri dead, and 1 battalion gone and 3 missing. They took Hueon city, essentially taking control of the western front." The empress clenched her fist in rage, but then remembering she was in public retained her composure and returned to neutrality. 

"Thank you kindly for this information. If it is not too much to ask, I would like you to relay information to the crowery." The aid nodded, signaling her to continue. "I would like you to tell General Lan to move his troops, to the Zhu distributary. It is a more defensible position, and will catch the Huang forces off guard with the uneven terrain."  

"Very good milady, anything else?"

"Yes actually. I have a duty to my people. A duty to this city. And a duty to these lands. Prepare my transport, I will be riding to Gong Chen city to the confront the Nian King myself." And it all seemed more surreal the second she said it, for inside she was still just a kid, playing the role of a queen. But indeed she had an important role, and no Nian king would stand in her way.

Edited by Rhava (see edit history)

• Rhava changed the title to Mother's of Rhava