Jump to content

[IDEA] Templates linking the forum and IIWiki


Recommended Posts

Hello, it's me again!

I have receltly created templates, that link IIWiki page to NationStates page and I realized, that I could possibly create a similar system for this forum.

The currently working templates I created for NS are {{NSD}} (links to NationStates dispatch), {{NSF}} (links to NationStates factbook), {{NSN}} (links to NationStates nation), {{NSNFlag}} (links to NationStates nation and puts a flag in front of it), {{NSNFlagIcon}} (creates a flag icon that redirects to NationStates nation), {{NSR}} (links to NationStates region), {{NSRFlag}} (links to NationStates region and puts a flag in front of it), {{NSRFlagIcon}} (creates a flag icon that redirects to NationStates region), {{NSColor}} (colors the text by the NS link color) and {{NSRColor}} (colors the text by the NS region link color).

I was thinking I could create something like a {{EUN}} (for nation link), {{EUNFlag}} (for link with a flag), {{EUNFlagIcon}} (for redirecting icon), {{EUT}} (for redirects to a forum topic), {{EUC}} (redirects to a specific comment in the forum topic), {{EUF}} (for forum link), {{EUFFlag}} (for forum link with a flag, in case of linking to international organizations), {{EUFFlagIcon}} (for forum links hidden in a image icon) and maybe {{EUN}} (redirects to the newsfeed). Would anybody be interested here for such a thing? I feel like it would make the life for linking things way easier, as some of the posts here are comprehensive and do not require a IIWiki counterpart.

Please let me know your toughts.

Edited by Walneria
Added possible topic links (see edit history)
Link to comment

I think I'm being super dense here, but what is the reasoning behind this?

I'll admit I've been a bit behind the curve for making IIWiki content anyway and it's pretty much only been the last few months that I've made moves to creating stuff for it.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I think I'm being super dense here, but what is the reasoning behind this?

I'll admit I've been a bit behind the curve for making IIWiki content anyway and it's pretty much only been the last few months that I've made moves to creating stuff for it.

That may actually be the point in it: I am a person who spends most of the time on iiwiki and this could be potentially used by me to link to something that you did in the forum. This tool is useful to those who are more active there, so they can refer to the people being most active here.
I already created those discussed templates and compiled into a category.

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Walneria said:

That may actually be the point in it: I am a person who spends most of the time on iiwiki and this could be potentially used by me to link to something that you did in the forum. This tool is useful to those who are more active there, so they can refer to the people being most active here.
I already created those discussed templates and compiled into a category.

Well, it sounds like it'll be a bit above my level of competency for the moment, then :P

I'm still struggling with the basics at the moment.

Link to comment
On 7/20/2021 at 10:16 AM, Tagmatium Rules said:

Well, it sounds like it'll be a bit above my level of competency for the moment, then :P

I'm still struggling with the basics at the moment.

I'm always here if you need a help with formatting or templates any time :)

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...