By Tagmatium Rules
Just thought about making an OOC thread, so we can sort out the aims of our different nations.
I assume Rennd's fighting for control of the island and the resources there.
Deltannia's fighting to stop Rennd's grasping, as are the Mongol-Swedes.
There is a Tagmatine force to shore up the Renndian forces and enable them to retain control of the island.
The Aristocracy forces are being deployed to test their armaments and back up the Deltannian units.
That's all well and good, but I can see some problems arising. Aristo's deployment maybe one, as Delt didn't give permission yet, as well as the attack on the airfield didn't give Rennd much of a chance to fight back against the attack.
But, we're here to discuss!
Link to IC topic
I've been working on a draft of a simplified version of the major conventions pertaining to the law of the sea. I'll get into specific provisions later, but this would provide a baseline for maritime law, allowing us to operate for the most part based on the real life rules. My thought is we could RP this convention occurring (and actually debate the couple of interesting noteworthy issues), and then just establish that the many smaller RL maritime rules were subsequently adopted by the international organization created by this convention. My thought is that this convention should happen 1-2 decades after a major global conflict, and should be based in the main port of a major maritime power.
Would people be interested in participating? Any ideas on when/where the convention should occur?
References (in order of appearance):
Machina Haruspex News Reports (Search Term: "Christians" Gallambrian Response Iverican Response Haru Open Channel Seylosi Response This OOC Planning will service the upcoming "Cussian Humanitarian Coalition" RP which will be posted on the "Affairs" subforum. Questions and inquiries may be posted here.
Note that direct involvement with the Coalition must be vetted and confirmed before any IC accepted posts can be made. Indirect involvement for ease of posting may be made through donations or passive aid (e.g asylum pledge, funding, material donation).
Once this RP is launched, it will proceed as planned regardless of any late joining parties.
The action plan draft as of now:
Revised Draft PHASE 1
Goal: Evacuate as many persecuted Christians from the Cussian region as possible.
1. Secure terms of evacuation with MH (Before All Else)
2. Send observers, get statistics
3. Secure investors from NGOs, governments and private citizens
4. Assemble evacuation force (civilian vessels, aircraft, staff)
5. Request pledges from charitable nations for asylum
6. Use Evacuation forces to transport Cussian refugees to designated asylum areas.
• Scale: Evacuation of refugees numbering as little as 50,000 to as many as 100,000-200,000
• Duration: 1-2 months IC (action plan Phase 1 only)
• TERMS-This entire plans relies on terms being met with MH gov first. No detailed announcements are to be made until this is secured.
• DISPOSITION-Avoid any opportunity for provoking or engaging in combat with MH military personnel while the evacuation is underway. This operation OOC depends on smooth humanitarian action.
• PLAN B-Depending on the number of refugees being evacuated, PHASE 2 must be ready to support an overwhelming amount of civilians--many of which may be unemployable or disabled.
Action Plan PHASE 1
1. Terms reached with MH
a. Must allow civil and military assets to onload refugees.
b. Must be guaranteed safety by the MH gov and military forces.
c. Must be permitted to retain basic security detail
d. Must guarantee suitable berthing while at MH ports/airports
2. Statistics confirmed
a. Exact number of refugees confirmed
b. Average age & sex confirmed
c. Prioritise Women, Children, or Men with complete state documentation (Passport, Birth Certificate, etc.)
d. Low Priority: Criminals
3. Investors secured
a. Private Citizens, Governments, Corporations
b. To reduce strain on governments, attempt as much private donations as possible.
4. Evac force assembled at Norfolk, Seylos.
a. Evac fleet will be mustered in groups. Composition: mixed civil liners and lightly armed military vessels.
i. Task Group Tagmatium with minimal security detail
ii. Task Group Haru with nominal security detail
b. Consumable supplies must be maximised. Make use of donations.
c. Task Groups will have a queueing procedure. Refugees will be profiled and documented prior to onload. Vessels must be ready to dock, onload, undock, and depart quickly.
5. Evacuation Proper
a. Group A "Haru"- must be evacuated directly from MH ports by boat or by plane if possible.
b. Group B "Tagmatium"- any number that the Tagmatine Empire can receive temporarily for holding. If Tagmatium can host any number permanently, this group would be divided here.
c. Groups will be sent to pre-determined nations that have pledged asylum. Each nation MUST provide exactly how many refugees it is willing to host.
6. Excess/outlying Refugees
a. Unaccommodated outliers will be sent to Iverica or Gallambria where they will be given a residency card and shipped to an undefined Terra Nullius area.
Updates to come.