Jump to content

Ulfheimr Foreign Affairs


Recommended Posts

                                                                                                      Ulfheimr Foreign Policy

          This is the official statement to the state of foreign affairs of Ulfheimr as set out by Erilaz Kromeus, so that none may claim ignorance of their actions and potential consequences.

The Core Policies of Ulfheimr are as follows:

1. Ulfheimr border sovereignty is to be maintained to the sacrifice of every last man, woman, and child. We live and we die here free men and women.

2. We will engage in diplomatic relations on a tribe by tribe basis, for the benefit of the tribe.

3. Any and all communications to Ulfheimr and its tribes are to be routed through to Erilaz Kromeus for approval and/or the Leynilögregla departments known as Hugin and Munin. 

4. Religious freedom within Ulfheimr will not be tolerated.

  

So Sayeth I, Erilaz Kromeus

          í nafni Óðins

 

Edited by Kromeus (see edit history)
Link to comment

     Erilaz Kromeus stood out in his balcony in the cold winter air. He was shirtless, sporting a new tattoo on his left pec, a bindrune that spelled "ᛖᚱᛁᛚᚨᛉ". From his viewpoint, he could see the river outside of the city  winding out to the coast. It had come to his attention through his ravens in the Leynilögregla, one of the few groups of Ulfars that actively lived in the outside wurld in secret as his spies, that their far neighbor Ateenia desired connection with several of his tribes. Since Ulfheimr's rapid emergence onto the wurld court, they had kept a cordial relationship with the Ateenian people. They were of the same blood, yet not of the same tribe. They desired some sort of influence within Ulfheimr. What kind of influence? Did they see the Ulfars as an easy target, or did they seek to establish trade or relations beyond that of neighbors. These are the thoughts that went through the mind of the Erilaz as he cut his hand. Satisfied with the amount of blood, Kromeus dipped his hand into a bowl of stones; lapis lazuli engraved with runes. Kromeus swirled his hand and picked out three stones. Clutching them in his hand hard enough to drop blood on the floor of his hall, he tossed them on a table engraved  with many bindrunes, spells and symbols. 

"Gebo... Wunjo... Blank," He read them aloud and pondered their meanings. Gebo signified a gift, an establishing of contracts. This was a good sign. Wunjo lay face down, sorrow and strife. Whatever good gifts lay ahead, Kromeus would have to temper the relationship in the end to ensure Ulfheimr does not unwillingly become pulled into international affairs it has no business in. This was emphasized further by the blank rune, a sign from Odin himself that the future with Ateenia rested on Kromeus's shoulders. Kromeus pondered this further as he threw on a wolf cloak to cover his chest, popping open a laptop and reclining on his throne with a cup of coffee, "f*ck, which one was it," He didn't remember if the Ateenian profile was the queen or one of her lackeys, so he left it in Odin's hands and pressed the video call button. @Ateenia

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

     It had come to the attention of Erilaz Kromeus that other eyes had been moving to make contact with his tribes, so told by the rumors overheard by his Ravens in the Leynilögregla. Velaheria was a socialist nation from the reports he heard; Kromeus was not sure what plans they would have in Ulfheimr. He intended to make the first move, before he ended up finding a DPR 'diplomat' hiding somewhere in his territory. He had sent Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur to Velaheria some time ago in a fishing schooner. Kromeus had ofcourse consulted the runes beforehand, as usual with a payment of blood. Uruz, Gebo, and blank. The first two were Merkstave, fortelling potential greed on the part of Velahria and attempted domination. And ofcourse the blank rune, a sign from Odin that the future of the two nations was in the Erilaz's hands. By now Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur should be approaching Bastaria.

 

     Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur sailed and docked in Bastaria, most likely immediately drawing attention. The man was 6'6" and wore a cloak of raven feathers over a green vest, lime pants and thick army boots. This was the official diplomatic attire for the Leynilögregla. The Raven came without any prior warning. He would make his way to the nearest government office, where he would demand to be taken to their foreign relations office, carrying a letter to invite Velaharian dignitaries to Ulfheimr to see Erilaz Kromeus. This was ofcourse assuming everything went according to plan, and he didn't get shot as soon as he stepped foot in the territory. 

@DPR Velaheria

Edited by Kromeus (see edit history)
Link to comment
On 6/26/2021 at 5:16 AM, Kromeus said:

     Erilaz Kromeus stood out in his balcony in the cold winter air. He was shirtless, sporting a new tattoo on his left pec, a bindrune that spelled "ᛖᚱᛁᛚᚨᛉ". From his viewpoint, he could see the river outside of the city  winding out to the coast. It had come to his attention through his ravens in the Leynilögregla, one of the few groups of Ulfars that actively lived in the outside wurld in secret as his spies, that their far neighbor Ateenia desired connection with several of his tribes. Since Ulfheimr's rapid emergence onto the wurld court, they had kept a cordial relationship with the Ateenian people. They were of the same blood, yet not of the same tribe. They desired some sort of influence within Ulfheimr. What kind of influence? Did they see the Ulfars as an easy target, or did they seek to establish trade or relations beyond that of neighbors. These are the thoughts that went through the mind of the Erilaz as he cut his hand. Satisfied with the amount of blood, Kromeus dipped his hand into a bowl of stones; lapis lazuli engraved with runes. Kromeus swirled his hand and picked out three stones. Clutching them in his hand hard enough to drop blood on the floor of his hall, he tossed them on a table engraved  with many bindrunes, spells and symbols. 

"Gebo... Wunjo... Blank," He read them aloud and pondered their meanings. Gebo signified a gift, an establishing of contracts. This was a good sign. Wunjo lay face down, sorrow and strife. Whatever good gifts lay ahead, Kromeus would have to temper the relationship in the end to ensure Ulfheimr does not unwillingly become pulled into international affairs it has no business in. This was emphasized further by the blank rune, a sign from Odin himself that the future with Ateenia rested on Kromeus's shoulders. Kromeus pondered this further as he threw on a wolf cloak to cover his chest, popping open a laptop and reclining on his throne with a cup of coffee, "f*ck, which one was it," He didn't remember if the Ateenian profile was the queen or one of her lackeys, so he left it in Odin's hands and pressed the video call button. @Ateenia

Queen Ena accepts the video call right after making a few adjustments to her blonde hair and her dress to look more presentable. She began speaking and spoke for 5 minutes straight only to realize her mic was muted after Erilaz pointed it out, so trying to hide her frustration she lights up a blunt of weed and begins to speak in Ateenian with a translator next to her translating it.

"Greetings Erilaz of Ulfheimr, I see you wish to talk, what do you wish to talk about?"

She stops and lets her translator translate it into Ulfheimr and waits for Erilaz's response as she takes a sip of mead from her iron mug, decorated with carvings of the wurld tree and the twisted Mörungah, the legendary sea serpent, while sitting comfortably on her wooden chair that is covered in bear skin. Behind her, there are also paintings that glorify both herself and other notable kings and queens of Ateenia that ruled in the past. The walls themselves have decorative carvings of both art and the motto of the Kalinka dynasty that all monarchs of Ateenia have to live by, "ᚷᚢᚦᚾᚨ×ᛞᛁᚱᚦ×ᛊᚨᚾᛜᛁᚱᚾᛁ" which translates to "Gods, Glory, Fairness". A tanistry of the events of the Jorling's Saga is also visible with atleast the beginning of the story being visible.

Link to comment
On 6/26/2021 at 7:58 AM, Kromeus said:

     It had come to the attention of Erilaz Kromeus that other eyes had been moving to make contact with his tribes, so told by the rumors overheard by his Ravens in the Leynilögregla. Velaheria was a socialist nation from the reports he heard; Kromeus was not sure what plans they would have in Ulfheimr. He intended to make the first move, before he ended up finding a DPR 'diplomat' hiding somewhere in his territory. He had sent Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur to Velaheria some time ago in a fishing schooner. Kromeus had ofcourse consulted the runes beforehand, as usual with a payment of blood. Uruz, Gebo, and blank. The first two were Merkstave, fortelling potential greed on the part of Velahria and attempted domination. And ofcourse the blank rune, a sign from Odin that the future of the two nations was in the Erilaz's hands. By now Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur should be approaching Bastaria.

 

     Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur sailed and docked in Bastaria, most likely immediately drawing attention. The man was 6'6" and wore a cloak of raven feathers over a green vest, lime pants and thick army boots. This was the official diplomatic attire for the Leynilögregla. The Raven came without any prior warning. He would make his way to the nearest government office, where he would demand to be taken to their foreign relations office, carrying a letter to invite Velaharian dignitaries to Ulfheimr to see Erilaz Kromeus. This was ofcourse assuming everything went according to plan, and he didn't get shot as soon as he stepped foot in the territory. 

@DPR Velaheria

A man, docked inside the port of Bastaria, was seen by a few people, working at that area, loading and unloading cargo, due for metzlicia, they described the person, to be wearing an awkward attire, which seemed to be made out of neither linen or cotton, or any sort of vinyl, he also had Some boots on his legs and was wearing a green vest and lime trousers, they assumed that the person was some sort of a military officier, and called the Velaherian Peasant's Vanguard, whom arrived in the next 30 mins, 

Volkspolizei_in_Berlin_1989.JPEG

After arriving to the location armed with VK-21 assault rifles, they asked, the suspect i.e the person with the awkward clothing some, basic questions, they asked that, who was he, why was he here, and after getting satisfactory answers from him, they came to know that he was a diplomat from the Tribal nation of Ulfheimr, and was here to deliver a letter to invite the member's of the Velaherian People's party to their nation, as he demanded to go the nearest government office, and from their to the Ministry of external Affair's headquarters. 

The Head of that particular squad of ten officers, Jan Anderson, told, Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur that, "Sir, i am afraid that, your not in an high enough position to meet with the Ministry of External affairs on a personal level, thus i would have to request you to remain in Velaheria for atleast, a couple of days for the letter of your afore-mentioned tribe to reach the Minister himself, after that you can talk with a higher officer, about the delivery of invitation to the party officials, as i am nothing more than a petty official afterall". He ends his talks with a smile on his face, to show the kindness of the Vanguards to the stranger.@Kromeus

 

Edited by DPR Velaheria (see edit history)
Link to comment
On 6/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, Ateenia said:

Queen Ena accepts the video call right after making a few adjustments to her blonde hair and her dress to look more presentable. She began speaking and spoke for 5 minutes straight only to realize her mic was muted after Erilaz pointed it out, so trying to hide her frustration she lights up a blunt of weed and begins to speak in Ateenian with a translator next to her translating it.

"Greetings Erilaz of Ulfheimr, I see you wish to talk, what do you wish to talk about?"

She stops and lets her translator translate it into Ulfheimr and waits for Erilaz's response as she takes a sip of mead from her iron mug, decorated with carvings of the wurld tree and the twisted Mörungah, the legendary sea serpent, while sitting comfortably on her wooden chair that is covered in bear skin. Behind her, there are also paintings that glorify both herself and other notable kings and queens of Ateenia that ruled in the past. The walls themselves have decorative carvings of both art and the motto of the Kalinka dynasty that all monarchs of Ateenia have to live by, "ᚷᚢᚦᚾᚨ×ᛞᛁᚱᚦ×ᛊᚨᚾᛜᛁᚱᚾᛁ" which translates to "Gods, Glory, Fairness". A tanistry of the events of the Jorling's Saga is also visible with atleast the beginning of the story being visible.

Erilaz Kromeus saluted her casually with his coffee mug, "Greetings Queen Ena, it is good to see the gods have retained their favor, even so I say Freya has blessed you and your bloodline with her beauty." Kromeus turned the laptop so she could watch him while he made another cup of coffee, a normal cup just wasn't cutting it. This time he added mead, " But on to business. It has come to my attention that you seek some sort of..." Kromeus turned to the camera and sat on the counter holding the coffee pot, waving his hand, "Agreement or influence in my region. And I am more than happy to accomadate some sort of trade agreement..." Kromeus looked at the bottle he infused his coffee with and back at Queen Ena's mug, "Tell me Queen Ena, how do your people make your strong drink?"

Link to comment
On 6/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, DPR Velaheria said:

A man, docked inside the port of Bastaria, was seen by a few people, working at that area, loading and unloading cargo, due for metzlicia, they described the person, to be wearing an awkward attire, which seemed to be made out of neither linen or cotton, or any sort of vinyl, he also had Some boots on his legs and was wearing a green vest and lime trousers, they assumed that the person was some sort of a military officier, and called the Velaherian Peasant's Vanguard, whom arrived in the next 30 mins, 

Volkspolizei_in_Berlin_1989.JPEG

After arriving to the location armed with VK-21 assault rifles, they asked, the suspect i.e the person with the awkward clothing some, basic questions, they asked that, who was he, why was he here, and after getting satisfactory answers from him, they came to know that he was a diplomat from the Tribal nation of Ulfheimr, and was here to deliver a letter to invite the member's of the Velaherian People's party to their nation, as he demanded to go the nearest government office, and from their to the Ministry of external Affair's headquarters. 

The Head of that particular squad of ten officers, Jan Anderson, told, Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur that, "Sir, i am afraid that, your not in an high enough position to meet with the Ministry of External affairs on a personal level, thus i would have to request you to remain in Velaheria for atleast, a couple of days for the letter of your afore-mentioned tribe to reach the Minister himself, after that you can talk with a higher officer, about the delivery of invitation to the party officials, as i am nothing more than a petty official afterall". He ends his talks with a smile on his face, to show the kindness of the Vanguards to the stranger.@Kromeus

 

The man stood tall and kept direct eye contact with all who spoke to him. He spoke only when necessary, otherwise he watched them all like a Raven watched a morsel laying on the ground. He then turned to the head that spoke to him, "If that is what I must do, then I shall do so." The agent straightened his clothes with a tug, "Then tell me where I must be in what time in order to recieve news of his acceptance or denial, I must give the Erilaz news of either." While they spoke, the man used his excellent memory to make note of the equipment the soldiers carried, whether the officers carried better gear, and took the time to observe the windows of the surrounding buildings around the port. 

Link to comment
On 7/1/2021 at 4:45 AM, Kromeus said:

Erilaz Kromeus saluted her casually with his coffee mug, "Greetings Queen Ena, it is good to see the gods have retained their favor, even so I say Freya has blessed you and your bloodline with her beauty." Kromeus turned the laptop so she could watch him while he made another cup of coffee, a normal cup just wasn't cutting it. This time he added mead, " But on to business. It has come to my attention that you seek some sort of..." Kromeus turned to the camera and sat on the counter holding the coffee pot, waving his hand, "Agreement or influence in my region. And I am more than happy to accomadate some sort of trade agreement..." Kromeus looked at the bottle he infused his coffee with and back at Queen Ena's mug, "Tell me Queen Ena, how do your people make your strong drink?"

Ena takes out her notebook and begins, "Thank you, yes I on behalf of Ateenia would indeed wish to establish stronger trade agreements with Ulfheimr and its tribes, mainly with the tribes Sygrkyn, Gratablod and Farmadr that seem to have exports we want and we have exports that they want." She waits again for her translator to translate and continues.
"I believe that relations between Ateenia and the following tribes would be most profitable and strenghtening for both parties. This would also strenghten the bonds between Ateenia and Ulfheimr and would help your nation to become stronger and more unified in the future." She takes a large sip of mead from her mug as her translator translates and then finds a bottle of the strongest drink of Ateenian vodka in Ateenia and puts it on the table. 
"As for how my people make our strongest drink, it is a trade secret but I must say, it includes alot of passion and favour of our gods. This bottle of Trumfil vodka from Grundvik is the strongest drink we got there are few that cannot get it down their throat." She puts the bottle back in the shelf. "Be warned, it is not meant to be completly consumed by 1 person for it can kill some of the weaker people. It is 88.2% alcohol afterall."
She finishes her mug of mead.
"As for this mug of mead im currently drinking, its not very strong but it is my favourite drink in Ateenia, made from one of the finest Ateenian honey and strawberries. Of course there are other fruit taste ones and even the original without any fruit taste but this one is my favourite."

 

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:24 AM, Kromeus said:

The man stood tall and kept direct eye contact with all who spoke to him. He spoke only when necessary, otherwise he watched them all like a Raven watched a morsel laying on the ground. He then turned to the head that spoke to him, "If that is what I must do, then I shall do so." The agent straightened his clothes with a tug, "Then tell me where I must be in what time in order to recieve news of his acceptance or denial, I must give the Erilaz news of either." While they spoke, the man used his excellent memory to make note of the equipment the soldiers carried, whether the officers carried better gear, and took the time to observe the windows of the surrounding buildings around the port

Jan was Slightly intimidated at the man's appearance and way of talking but he managed himself, he was thinking of informing the higher authorities about the arrival of the delegate from ulfheimer, but remained silent for now, as he wasnt sure whether the Ministry would even care about his notings or not, as no one would hear what an ordinary police officer had to say, Despite this dilemma, Jan thought of the duties he had to fulfil during his work hours and relaxed himself.

With a Smile on his lips, he Said to the man, "Sir you have to be present at the Government office, where you would receive a reply from the ministry, in about a week or two, after which i think the ministry would itself arrange for your troubles and send a replicatory envoy to Ulfheimer, though this would require some time, so i suggest you being patient. For now all we can say is that after giving the letter to a government office, you would have to get an apartment, as this process takes time."

Edited by DPR Velaheria (see edit history)
Link to comment
On 8/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, DPR Velaheria said:

Jan was Slightly intimidated at the man's appearance and way of talking but he managed himself, he was thinking of informing the higher authorities about the arrival of the delegate from ulfheimer, but remained silent for now, as he wasnt sure whether the Ministry would even care about his notings or not, as no one would hear what an ordinary police officer had to say, Despite this dilemma, Jan thought of the duties he had to fulfil during his work hours and relaxed himself.

With a Smile on his lips, he Said to the man, "Sir you have to be present at the Government office, where you would receive a reply from the ministry, in about a week or two, after which i think the ministry would itself arrange for your troubles and send a replicatory envoy to Ulfheimer, though this would require some time, so i suggest you being patient. For now all we can say is that after giving the letter to a government office, you would have to get an apartment, as this process takes time."

  Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur stared down the smaller man without blinking, "I will accept a week's time no less. I realize my arrival is a surprise, but Ulfheimr is not some babe on the river log to be taken so casually or freely. Patience I will have, for one week. " The Raven turned away from the soldier and pushed through the others without even pausing to look back. "I have brought the funds to secure my own lodgings." The man stopped and looked around in mild confusion then back at the man that spoke to him, "Where are your lodgings?"

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, Kromeus said:

  Lethurblökuskítur Brjálathur stared down the smaller man without blinking, "I will accept a week's time no less. I realize my arrival is a surprise, but Ulfheimr is not some babe on the river log to be taken so casually or freely. Patience I will have, for one week. " The Raven turned away from the soldier and pushed through the others without even pausing to look back. "I have brought the funds to secure my own lodgings." The man stopped and looked around in mild confusion then back at the man that spoke to him, "Where are your lodgings?"

"Sir" spoke jan, in the softest way possible, "You would have your apartment room, in the 13th sector of central bastaria, however to get to there, you would have to get on to the vehicle, after which we would show you that apartment and would provide you with the keys, however you have to be patient until then". With this the Officer asked the diplomat to sit inside the police car, for his own comfort, However on the other side, senior officials were already contacting the ministry of external affairs to let them know about the arrival of the diplomat from ulfheimer, and told them that it would be preferable if they sent a diplomat to ulfheimer too, in order to safeguard velaherian interests in the northern reaches of argis.

Edited by DPR Velaheria (see edit history)
Link to comment
On 9/10/2021 at 1:05 AM, DPR Velaheria said:

"Sir" spoke jan, in the softest way possible, "You would have your apartment room, in the 13th sector of central bastaria, however to get to there, you would have to get on to the vehicle, after which we would show you that apartment and would provide you with the keys, however you have to be patient until then". With this the Officer asked the diplomat to sit inside the police car, for his own comfort, However on the other side, senior officials were already contacting the ministry of external affairs to let them know about the arrival of the diplomat from ulfheimer, and told them that it would be preferable if they sent a diplomat to ulfheimer too, in order to safeguard velaherian interests in the northern reaches of argis.

"You move like little mice men," Lethurblökuskítur crossed his arms and grumbled. He tapped his foot for several seconds before sidling into the police car. The large man barely fit into the police car. He peeked out and stared at the official until he entered the car as well. If a diplomat comes to Ulfheimr then it would make contact with Erilaz Kromeus. Lethurblökuskítur spoke up again, " How long must I wait?"

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 1:07 PM, Kromeus said:

"You move like little mice men," Lethurblökuskítur crossed his arms and grumbled. He tapped his foot for several seconds before sidling into the police car. The large man barely fit into the police car. He peeked out and stared at the official until he entered the car as well. If a diplomat comes to Ulfheimr then it would make contact with Erilaz Kromeus. Lethurblökuskítur spoke up again, " How long must I wait?"

"Not for long sir" replied Jan, however he was clearly seeming to have become irritated with the behavior of Lethurblökuskítur and was somehow controlling his anger towards him, he continued "The Apartment is about 5 mins from the office of the ministry of external affair's official institution, so any reports about the diplomatic venture to ulfheimer would at first arrive to you and then an hotwire would be transferred to the Erilaz 

Thirty minutes later....

The Police vehicle stopped near the apartment building in the 13th sector of Central bastaria, and Jan politely requested Lethurblökuskítur to exit the vehicle while providing him with the information that he would be able to get key's to his room from the receptionist at the first floor of the apartment. With that Jan wished his regards to the diplomat and bidded his departure from the diplomat. 

Link to comment
23 hours ago, DPR Velaheria said:

"Not for long sir" replied Jan, however he was clearly seeming to have become irritated with the behavior of Lethurblökuskítur and was somehow controlling his anger towards him, he continued "The Apartment is about 5 mins from the office of the ministry of external affair's official institution, so any reports about the diplomatic venture to ulfheimer would at first arrive to you and then an hotwire would be transferred to the Erilaz 

Thirty minutes later....

The Police vehicle stopped near the apartment building in the 13th sector of Central bastaria, and Jan politely requested Lethurblökuskítur to exit the vehicle while providing him with the information that he would be able to get key's to his room from the receptionist at the first floor of the apartment. With that Jan wished his regards to the diplomat and bidded his departure from the diplomat. 

Seven Days later....

The Letter about the arrival of Lethurblökuskítur had reached the Velaherian Ministry of External Affairs with them showing significant amounts of concerns about the arrival of an individual from a foreign nation without any prior notification, though they regarded that ulfheimer could be an potential partner to the socialist regime in its efforts to strengthen its position across eastern argis. The Ministry had already sent its approval of the diplomatic contacts made by the erilaz to the foreign office in bastaria and made it clear that Mr.Ketriaz Von Starinburg would represent the Velaherian Delegation to Ulfheimer. 

The official notice of Ketriaz's departure to Ulfheimer arrived within the next few hours as an email from the Ministry itself. It was demanded that he should be prepared to depart to Ulfheimer within the next 6 hours...faliure of which would result in an fine and even the dissassociation of him from the ministry as an official..

Ketriaz as usual was busy studying about the history of southern argis and in specific about the walnerian stedorian conflict in the 1940's in the Bastarian people's hall, when he received the email on his phone, and stopped reading the section and checked the email, he was quite suprised about the fact that he was selected as the delegation to another state, however he being confident and somewhat proud of himself, drove to his apartment and changed his clothing to his official clothing and went to the Bastarian International Airport, within 4.45 pm in the afternoon, where the ministry's upper eschalanse ordered him to be present at by 5:00 pm..

Thirty minutes later...

About thirty minutes later, one of the official aircrafts for velaherian delegates arrived at the 3rd runway of the airport. Ketriaz along with his briefcase and notings got upon that aircraft and as per his ticketing done by the ministry, sat at the 3rd seat in the 1st row which was conviniently for him next to the window...

He continued reading about the stedorian-walnerian conflict and was seeming to be quite amused with that read, however little did he knew where he was going...although he sure was a lot excited about visiting the erilaz and getting to know a place which was a lot different than the motherland he has been brought up in..

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, DPR Velaheria said:

Seven Days later....

The Letter about the arrival of Lethurblökuskítur had reached the Velaherian Ministry of External Affairs with them showing significant amounts of concerns about the arrival of an individual from a foreign nation without any prior notification, though they regarded that ulfheimer could be an potential partner to the socialist regime in its efforts to strengthen its position across eastern argis. The Ministry had already sent its approval of the diplomatic contacts made by the erilaz to the foreign office in bastaria and made it clear that Mr.Ketriaz Von Starinburg would represent the Velaherian Delegation to Ulfheimer. 

The official notice of Ketriaz's departure to Ulfheimer arrived within the next few hours as an email from the Ministry itself. It was demanded that he should be prepared to depart to Ulfheimer within the next 6 hours...faliure of which would result in an fine and even the dissassociation of him from the ministry as an official..

Ketriaz as usual was busy studying about the history of southern argis and in specific about the walnerian stedorian conflict in the 1940's in the Bastarian people's hall, when he received the email on his phone, and stopped reading the section and checked the email, he was quite suprised about the fact that he was selected as the delegation to another state, however he being confident and somewhat proud of himself, drove to his apartment and changed his clothing to his official clothing and went to the Bastarian International Airport, within 4.45 pm in the afternoon, where the ministry's upper eschalanse ordered him to be present at by 5:00 pm..

Thirty minutes later...

About thirty minutes later, one of the official aircrafts for velaherian delegates arrived at the 3rd runway of the airport. Ketriaz along with his briefcase and notings got upon that aircraft and as per his ticketing done by the ministry, sat at the 3rd seat in the 1st row which was conviniently for him next to the window...

He continued reading about the stedorian-walnerian conflict and was seeming to be quite amused with that read, however little did he knew where he was going...although he sure was a lot excited about visiting the erilaz and getting to know a place which was a lot different than the motherland he has been brought up in..

Hugul Leithar arose from his bed and stretched. He threw the blanket on his naked wife and spent the next several hours of the morning waking up. He would lift weights in his home gym and take a cold shower. The man spent time in quiet and reverent meditation to his ancestors, flanked by statues of Odin. Incense wafted through the beams of light that peeked in between the shades. Hugul would pour himself some coffee and mead, leaving a little of each in tiny cups on his altar. Hugul would be cooking a thick piece of meat when his wife stumbled from the bedroom.

 

“Where do your duties take you today Hug?” She sat down at the table and Hugul slid a platter of eggs in front of her.

 

“The Erilaz commands I bring ashore and entertain a diplomat from that socialist nation… Diphtheria?” Hugul pulled some notes from the counter, “DPR Velaheria… a Ketriaz,” Hugul finished his breakfast with his wife and wore his diplomatic attire. Black pants with thin gold filigree down the side like the roots of the wurld tree. A long sleeved, black vest with the wolf symbol of Ulfheimr above his heart in gold. And a thick and furry cloak to keep him warm in the taiga. Hugul slid on a pair of black leather gloves and kissed his wife goodbye. 

 

Hugul would be waiting at the port for the diplomat's arrival. He would arrive in a port belonging to the tribe of Kunnagr, the sons of Odin. This tribe boasted some of the most established cities with high walls and their greatest centers of learning. Kunnagr was much more on par with a successful cultural outpost than some of the more remote tribes. 

The plane would touch down in an airport just outside of Kunnagr's largest city. Hugul would immediately arrive at the side of the plane, "Welcome my friend, to Ulfheimr!" The large man would clap the visitor on the back like he was hammering an anvil. The tell tale wolf head pelt hung below his head, a mark of honor as berserker. While this man was clearly not one for the typical diplomatic pleasantries, he was considered exceptionally mild compared to his brethren, "my friend my name is Hugul and you are in the land of the wolves. Now listen to me lest you not get eaten yes," he snapped his fingers to get the man's attention. You see this wolf's head on my back. I am a berserker. If you see this or a boar's head or a bear's head, do not look the owner in the eyes lest you believe you can best them in a fight for your life. The berserkergangr has ultimate authority over even the police here, follow this simple rule while i take you to your lodgings and we can avoid any diplomatic incidents yes?" Hugul grinned as he led the man to a black car that would take them to an apartment close to the borders of the Erilaz's territory, " I shall explain more on our arrival where we are safe from mischiefs; loki hides around every corner"

Edited by Kromeus (see edit history)
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kromeus said:

Hugul Leithar arose from his bed and stretched. He threw the blanket on his naked wife and spent the next several hours of the morning waking up. He would lift weights in his home gym and take a cold shower. The man spent time in quiet and reverent meditation to his ancestors, flanked by statues of Odin. Incense wafted through the beams of light that peeked in between the shades. Hugul would pour himself some coffee and mead, leaving a little of each in tiny cups on his altar. Hugul would be cooking a thick piece of meat when his wife stumbled from the bedroom.

 

“Where do your duties take you today Hug?” She sat down at the table and Hugul slid a platter of eggs in front of her.

 

“The Erilaz commands I bring ashore and entertain a diplomat from that socialist nation… Diphtheria?” Hugul pulled some notes from the counter, “DPR Velaheria… a Ketriaz,” Hugul finished his breakfast with his wife and wore his diplomatic attire. Black pants with thin gold filigree down the side like the roots of the wurld tree. A long sleeved, black vest with the wolf symbol of Ulfheimr above his heart in gold. And a thick and furry cloak to keep him warm in the taiga. Hugul slid on a pair of black leather gloves and kissed his wife goodbye. 

 

Hugul would be waiting at the port for the diplomat's arrival. He would arrive in a port belonging to the tribe of Kunnagr, the sons of Odin. This tribe boasted some of the most established cities with high walls and their greatest centers of learning. Kunnagr was much more on par with a successful cultural outpost than some of the more remote tribes. 

The plane would touch down in an airport just outside of Kunnagr's largest city. Hugul would immediately arrive at the side of the plane, "Welcome my friend, to Ulfheimr!" The large man would clap the visitor on the back like he was hammering an anvil. The tell tale wolf head pelt hung below his head, a mark of honor as berserker. While this man was clearly not one for the typical diplomatic pleasantries, he was considered exceptionally mild compared to his brethren, "my friend my name is Hugul and you are in the land of the wolves. Now listen to me lest you not get eaten yes," he snapped his fingers to get the man's attention. You see this wolf's head on my back. I am a berserker. If you see this or a boar's head or a bear's head, do not look the owner in the eyes lest you believe you can best them in a fight for your life. The berserkergangr has ultimate authority over even the police here, follow this simple rule while i take you to your lodgings and we can avoid any diplomatic incidents yes?" Hugul grinned as he led the man to a black car that would take them to an apartment close to the borders of the Erilaz's territory, " I shall explain more on our arrival where we are safe from mischiefs; loki hides around every corner"

"Allow me to introduce myself, Hugul, you can call me ketriaz, and if you want you can also refer me as ket, its my nickname" Ketriaz quickly spoke this as he was feeling a quite nervous and anxious being in a car with a person he never knew before, and was fearing that neither his education or his skills could help him in this realms, though he remained calm and visibly cool and possibly tried to make accquantance with hugul, as he was the first person he met there who somewhat knew about him. 

Ketriaz had also seemed to pay quite a bit of attention to hugul's advice on how to act and not to act in these areas, mostly on the fact on how not to look a berseker in his eyes if he was not ready to have a fist to fist combat with him, though this carefullness only seemed to come due to the fact that ulfheimr's laws were not even a tad bit similar to the ones in his nation, and how even a small mistake could make him loose his life. 

Ketriaz opened his book about the historical facts of eastern argis and continued to read where he had left off after he landed in kunnagr, and eventually finished reading the part of the stedorian-walnerian conflict which he had started reading almost 3 days ago..

About Ketriaz's clothing, he was wearing his usual attire of a leather jacket with a T- shirt and a jeans trouser, with his trusty headphones worn around his neck, and his old leather boots, this differed a lot from the usual velaherian dresses of black coat and trousers, mostly due to the fact that he never really admired the clothing style of the socialist regime.

He seemed to enjoy the landscape of the land of the wolves, mostly due to the fact that it wasnt the usual urban complexes and tamed plains of his nation, but rather roads made through colourful landscapes of forests and small urban gatherings, which was a rare sight in velaheria...

Edited by DPR Velaheria (see edit history)
Link to comment
15 hours ago, DPR Velaheria said:

"Allow me to introduce myself, Hugul, you can call me ketriaz, and if you want you can also refer me as ket, its my nickname" Ketriaz quickly spoke this as he was feeling a quite nervous and anxious being in a car with a person he never knew before, and was fearing that neither his education or his skills could help him in this realms, though he remained calm and visibly cool and possibly tried to make accquantance with hugul, as he was the first person he met there who somewhat knew about him. 

Ketriaz had also seemed to pay quite a bit of attention to hugul's advice on how to act and not to act in these areas, mostly on the fact on how not to look a berseker in his eyes if he was not ready to have a fist to fist combat with him, though this carefullness only seemed to come due to the fact that ulfheimr's laws were not even a tad bit similar to the ones in his nation, and how even a small mistake could make him loose his life. 

Ketriaz opened his book about the historical facts of eastern argis and continued to read where he had left off after he landed in kunnagr, and eventually finished reading the part of the stedorian-walnerian conflict which he had started reading almost 3 days ago..

About Ketriaz's clothing, he was wearing his usual attire of a leather jacket with a T- shirt and a jeans trouser, with his trusty headphones worn around his neck, and his old leather boots, this differed a lot from the usual velaherian dresses of black coat and trousers, mostly due to the fact that he never really admired the clothing style of the socialist regime.

He seemed to enjoy the landscape of the land of the wolves, mostly due to the fact that it wasnt the usual urban complexes and tamed plains of his nation, but rather roads made through colourful landscapes of forests and small urban gatherings, which was a rare sight in velaheria...

Hugul drove the car with pagan death metal quietly playing from the car's player. The windows were down and chilling air blasted past and tousled their hair. Hugul leaned back and chuckled at the diplomat, "Y'might wanna get some warmer clothes... you'll survive till we get to the apartment," Hugul decided, "we will speak of business when we get there. I want to look into your eyes and see that you understand what I say, and that will not be done very well while I drive. Besides. No man wants to talk politics sober and on an empty stomach. So take your view of the sights, put the book down, the dead can wait," he barked, not intending to be rude. 

The countryside was covered with swathes of taiga forests, thick with pine trees and interspersed with villages that sharply contrasted the metropolis they came from. The villagers lived in what appeared to be simple wooden huts and stone houses. Upon closer inspection they had man modern amenities like heaters, motorcycles, and guns. Their homes were richly decorated with art and carvings that would normally be forsaken on modern buildings. Smoke from fires of celebration and sacrifice wafted from between the trees, briefly showing the hidden and armed population hidden within the forests. As they drove, wild looking men could be seen from the tree line wearing wolf pelts, watching them intently.

Hugul came to the outskirts of another teeming city. The Erilaz's home city was far more defensible. Armed guards openly patrolled the streets; berserkergangr walked freely in the streets. Chanting could be heard in the distance, whether from feasting or fight... was there a difference?" Hugul pulled up to a skyrise and took Ketriaz inside. The apartment was carpeted and decorated with knot art, and an elevator took them to a corner suite where Hugul threw off his boots and busied himself preparing a plate of ribeye steak, hard boiled eggs, cloudberries, mixed vegetables, and ale, "Tell me Ket, what do you know of my land?"

Link to comment
On 10/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, Kromeus said:

Hugul drove the car with pagan death metal quietly playing from the car's player. The windows were down and chilling air blasted past and tousled their hair. Hugul leaned back and chuckled at the diplomat, "Y'might wanna get some warmer clothes... you'll survive till we get to the apartment," Hugul decided, "we will speak of business when we get there. I want to look into your eyes and see that you understand what I say, and that will not be done very well while I drive. Besides. No man wants to talk politics sober and on an empty stomach. So take your view of the sights, put the book down, the dead can wait," he barked, not intending to be rude. 

The countryside was covered with swathes of taiga forests, thick with pine trees and interspersed with villages that sharply contrasted the metropolis they came from. The villagers lived in what appeared to be simple wooden huts and stone houses. Upon closer inspection they had man modern amenities like heaters, motorcycles, and guns. Their homes were richly decorated with art and carvings that would normally be forsaken on modern buildings. Smoke from fires of celebration and sacrifice wafted from between the trees, briefly showing the hidden and armed population hidden within the forests. As they drove, wild looking men could be seen from the tree line wearing wolf pelts, watching them intently.

Hugul came to the outskirts of another teeming city. The Erilaz's home city was far more defensible. Armed guards openly patrolled the streets; berserkergangr walked freely in the streets. Chanting could be heard in the distance, whether from feasting or fight... was there a difference?" Hugul pulled up to a skyrise and took Ketriaz inside. The apartment was carpeted and decorated with knot art, and an elevator took them to a corner suite where Hugul threw off his boots and busied himself preparing a plate of ribeye steak, hard boiled eggs, cloudberries, mixed vegetables, and ale, "Tell me Ket, what do you know of my land?

Ketriaz enjoyed the meal prepared by Hugul, especially the ribeye which seemed to be made from venision, he also enjoyed the hard boiled eggs and cloudberries, he sipped a bit of ale and ate the mixed veggies with delight, as he was nearing the end of his meal he replied to Hugul, saying " As far as my knowledge of argis goes, it's not like I know much about the northern portions of it, as it's simply not included in our curriculum, but that doesn't stops one from learning more about it does it?, I think not, The most I know about ulfheimr is from my collected info about that place, as you would know, most of northern argis, i.e ateenia and mokhavia were communist states at some point, the journals of those places printed some info about ulfheimr, though that's miniscule for learning anything solid about your place still, as far as I know, there are runes there used for prediction, while there are bersekers who patrol the land and are above the law themselves, the people here are free and wild, something which velhars arent." He stopped saying with a smile, expecting to hear some sort of a retort from Hugul.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...