[Map Application] & Some Amendments/Additions to Previously Written Material - Ne'evuk (f.k.a. Ochoa)By Ochoa
Nation in Eurth: Ne'evuk
Flag: The flag has two golden keys crossed like an "x", in the middle of a horizontal orange diamond. On the top left and bottom right of the orange diamond are white triangles (just filling the rest of the space) and on the top right and bottom left of the orange diamond are blue triangles (just filling the rest of the space). More about the history and meaning of the flag will be provided later. https://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/ochoa__96826.png
Capital name: Tyrkak
Capital location: Inland, preferably by a small lake/reservoir or something (rivers acceptable, too if lake not available);
Stats Chosen: Population: 2; GDP/capita: 0; Land: 2.
Factbook/iiwiki link: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Ne'evuk
Culture: Emulating something like South African with personal tweaks. Cooking, art, bird-watching, pottery, get-togethers. Minor technology, similar to South Africa in the 1990s or 2000s. Further behind than most other countries (still developing).
Climate: Desert climate. Little water and some woodlands, if possible. Very little rainfall occurs, but when it does, it comes pouring!
History: Ne'evuk was officially founded in 1354 by Edward Ochoa and a group of a couple hundred people who left Great Anglia, but when they arrived, they found that there was already a small group of people living there who spoke an unknown language (now known as Ne'evuki). Their tiny settlement was named Ne'evuk. The arrivals decided to take over and call it the Ochoa Dynasty after Edward. After a long period, it was eventually changed back to the name of Ne'evuk to remain aware of the cultural heritage. It is now known as the Kingdom of Ne'evuk, the Ne'evuki Kingdom, or simply Ne'evuk. Some factions still may refer to the nation as Ochoa simply because they refuse to acknowledge the heritage of the nation. The Ochoan bloodline (mostly white people) are the technically legal rulers of the Kingdom, but many native Ne'evukis (black people) desire that S'alaya Ne'evuk and his bloodline obtain power in the Kingdom, who are the actual rightful rulers of the Kingdom.
[NOTE: EVERYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN PREVIOUSLY IN OTHER POSTS STILL REMAINS TRUE; THE ONLY THING THAT IS CHANGING IS THE ORIGIN OF THE NATION AND THE ADDITION OF THE NATIVE, ORIGINAL NE'EVUK PEOPLE ALSO VYING FOR THE CROWN.]
Desired Location: Alharu, barely north and west of the Paran Desert. I don't know where any trade routes are, if any, but it would be nice to be on one of those by a river/body of water (NOT the coast). If not there, then the western desert side of Aurelia. If not there, just a deserty location somewhere that makes sense for what I have.
Most people on this forum knows me as "that map guy", or "that country with the slavery". But since the 27th of March of this year I have been given the title of "Cartographer" equal to "RP Mentor" in the staff hierarchy as part of the general staff delegations over the past year. My role is to keep track of map placement requests, requests by current members for changes to their nations and the wider Eurth, increasing transparency between producing the map and the members of our community, and updating the map as per needed.
Orioni is still the head of cartography - as he is the only one who can update the forum's main map - but hopefully with both of us working together we can produce wurld maps at a greater rate.
Below will be a AtaQ (Assumed to-be asked Questions), a new set of guidelines that I will be following henceforth towards modifications to the map, and a backlog for the next draft.
Q: "Will you be keeping the same style of map?"
A: The map will remain with the same style and design until Orioni decides to change the style. That is outside of my jurisdiction.
Q: "Is this map still V4?"
A: Formally, yes, however I will be labelling map drafts within this thread as V5 to separate the maps made by just Orioni and the maps made by me and him, as well as to aid in formalising update numbers.
Q: "What are update numbers?"
A: 5.0.1 - the "5" at the start stands for "Version 5", the "0" represents the major map update, and the "1" is the draft numbers for that major map update. 5.0.1 is the 1st draft of the 0th map update of the 5th version. It should be stated that 5.0.1 is a non-binding proof of concept and breaks several of the new guidelines to show that I am capable of changing the map in a style similar to Orioni. For example, @Tagmatium Rules, @Cristina, and @Haruspex have not been spoken to about the movements of @Fleur de Lys (renamed Lysia) and @Social Democratic Confederation. Changes that break the guidelines will be reverted back for 5.0.2 unless the nations in that region request for those changes to remain.
Q: "Will you be doing maps now instead of RPing as Metztlitlaca?"
A: I will still be roleplaying as Metztlitlaca on the forum, like other staff this is just an addition to my work on the forum - not a substitute.
Q: "Whats with the 'thanks' reactions in map placement requests or city requests?"
A: If I find nothing wrong with a request or nothing to add to a finalised request, I may just respond with a "thanks" reaction if I am adding new nations in bulk. Generally though I will try my best to create a personalised response if I believe I have something of worth to say.
Map Placement Requests
Map placements will still require a separate thread within the Map section of the forum. Nothing has changed.
City Requests and Nation Modifications
City requests and nation modifications such as new flags will still require a dedicated thread for each nation, however the same thread can be used for different requests.
Nation Expansions & Reservations
No expansions will be given out until an expansion thread is near finished. Reserves will also only begin once the RP thread for an expansion begins. An expansion must require in-character RP unless said expansion is incredibly minor (what "minor" means will be done on a case by case scenario dependant on a region's nation density.). An expansion will be revoked after 6 months of no activity on the RP thread. If a member is caught acting in poor faith to circumvent this activity rule, they will be punished accordingly.
From henceforth from this post, any nation who has been inactive for over 183 days will have their nation undergo the process of reduction, inactivity for over 275 days will have their nation undergo the process of termination either through total removal, IP seizure, or their nation reworked into a NPC. Nations may be (but not for certain) exempt from these rulings if:
1) The member who controls the nation has given an adequate reason for inactivity
2) The member's nation provides a large part of regional or global lore to Eurth (from here it will most likely be done on a case by case situation as it has been for the past year).
3) The nation is an NPC (seems obvious but must be pointed out in case confusion by newer members).
If a member is caught acting in poor faith to circumvent this activity rule, they will be punished accordingly. More information click here
UPDATE (12th June 2021)
The Terms of a member's nation to be erased have been changed. Metacommentary posts (posts that are not RP, Factbooks, Expansion/Reserve Posts, or similar) do not count towards time since activity as metacommentary posts can be used as a loophole to unfairly extend inactivity. Also, recently graduated members that have officially been added to the map will have a 2 month time limit (60 days) before they are removed from the map again. This of course only applies if a member of the community has not made any posts to declare their inactivity (it should be stated that posts that declare inactivity for an unforeseen period of time will be disregarded if a newer member can take your place in regional lore).
Inactivity posts who's stated period of time to be inactive has passed will be given an grace period to either extend their inactivity with a second post, or return to the community and catch up on any new lore and/or events that have taken place.
This new update to the guidelines will be put into effect today (12/06/2021 D/M/Y), as a suitable warning had been posted on May 20th.
5.0.1 Changelogs (31/03/2021)
Several applicants for a placement on the map by graduated members have been processed in this draft.
Their borders have been made following requests in their application threads. Several NPCs have also been added:
- Eldorado (to fit into the no mans land between the Triple Commonwealth and @San Castellino
- Anglia (part of the upcoming global event)
- @Seylos Corinium of Kraken Rising fame under the North Adlantic Union.
There were also modifications to pre-existing countries.
- @Haruspex's annexation of Korinon.
- @Delamaria's expansion of Lanada revoked due to a lack of an RP thread.
- @Variota's reservation revoked due Variota's previous announcement to stop RPing for the foreseeable future and lack of activity regarding it (will be returned if Variota returns to RP the expansion).
- @Girkmand's reservation revoked due to general inactivity.
- @Seylos's flag changed and (NAU) added to his name as well as the labelling of E.Ceris (East Ceris) also under NAU, as well as owning the port city of Bab al-Bahr of @Vostau.
- @Derthalen had his name changed to Dolchland along with a capital city and flag change.
- @Fleur de Lysand @Social Democratic Confederation have been swapped as part of the non-binding proof of concept.
- @Sayf under the moderation of the admins, Sayf has been moved to the Keelpijp.
- Change to the name of @Shffahkia's capital city
And several nations removed as part of the removals list
And lastly several geographical changes
- Typhos sea renamed to the Typhon sea
- Bay north of @Shffahkia named Baie d'Ailénor
- Sea between @Indo-Stan, @Yeosan, and the Kidney Islands named the Zitan Sea
5.0.2 To-Do List
- Renamed the Zitan Sea to the Guihai Sea (Turtle Sea).
- Fix @Westzeeland's southern most city (incorrect location).
- Rename Korinon to North Korinon.
- Change Kaseka's symbol to that of a port city.
- Try to find a more optimum representation of @Variota's Lukinagrad as it currently feels out of place using just the flag.
- Speak to @Iverica about @St Francoisbourg's future.
- Define @Suverina and Sporsia's maritime border.
- Speak to @Tagmatium Rules, @Haruspex, and @Cristina on Lysia/@Fleur de Lys on the possibility of a more open-sea coastal access to justify their ex-colonies in Aurelia, Alharu, and Argis.
- Revert Lysia and @Social Democratic Confederation placement unless stated otherwise.
- Label the large interior Paran Lake the Chenshas Lake
- Label Mesothalassa
- Schedule meetings between continent groups on the subject of NPCs.
-- Aurelian Interior and Southern NPCs
-- Alharun to-be-FASR and Paran NPCs
-- Argis NPCs (?)
-- Marenesia NPCs (?)
-- Defining the interior Europan NPC Borders
Hello again, i would like to request an update to my topography. I have taken some inspiration from the western canadian coast in wurldbuilding my culture so i think having a 'rocky coast' might help with the realism of some things, so i've decided on pushing my hight to the sea in the region pictured below, with the red (50-500m) color going to the coast (the map i drew has it neer the coast, but it like the bigger red spot to reach the coast itself, while the smaller one, to the east, be more back, like in the map), the blue (500-2000m) color is also pulled towards the coast a bit. Thanks in advanced!
Map (note: please dont mind that sploch of greenish-blue, i messed upand forgot that area was part of the river delta):
Here are some pictures of what i generally want that region to resemble: