OOC: Voyage of the HMRS Revelation

Hey everyone I wanted to see who would be interested in a global adventure on Seylos's new big research ship the HMRS Revelation. It'll be a big one, so we can fit all the international scientists on board and go on for a non stop adventure.

Operator: Royal Navy Oceanic Research Division

Builder: Norfolk Naval Dockyards

Laid Down: June 13th, 2018

Completed: February 4th, 2021

Launched: April 2021

Cost: £450 million | Seylosian Pounds

Homeport: Norfolk, Kingdom of Seylos

Tonnage: 6400 GT

Displacement: 7100 tons

Length: 553ft

Propulsion: 2 Tagmatine Reactors (D2G), Geared Turbines, 60,000 shp

Speed: 28 knots max (32 mph | 51 kph), 24 kn cruise (27 mph | 43 kph)

Range: Unlimited

Crew:

• 8 Officers
  • 30 Enlisted
  • 5 Marines
  • 100 Scientists and Mission Crew

The ship also has 2 deployable .50 cal machineguns (Have you ever been in the Dolch Sea!?), water cannons, and two LRAD devices for anti piracy measures on top of their small security contingent.

Onboard are two unarmed modified Lynx HMA.8 helicopters. Docked in it's rear section is one modified Cape Class Motor Lifeboat serving primarily as a small tender or lifeboat in an emergency. She is also capable of carrying small submersibles and inflatable boats.

Revelation's hull is hardened for operations in arctic environments, however she cannot be used as an icebreaker. She is built in a trimaran style to increase the vessel's stability in difficult oceanic environments.

Inside, the ship has around 9000 square feet (2743 square meters) of laboratory space and contains an array of sophisticated scientific sensor equipment including a Doppler Radar.

image.png

A 3D rendering of the HMRS Revelation

image.png

So there's some stats on the ship.

If you'd like to have some of your scientists join up on this international goodwill adventure tell me what you'd like to see or who you'd send. I'm hoping this will be a great way to do a mini showcase of different nations and their lands + culture as the Revelation visits them.

Also thanks to @Anatea for basically thinking of the idea.

Well, as i said, of course i'll gladly join :D
Not being super good with scientific stuff i'll send a reporter and its crew for make a documentary about the whole travel :D

Looking forward to this rp °^°

32 minutes ago, Seylos said:

If you'd like to have some of your scientists join up on this international goodwill adventure tell me what you'd like to see or who you'd send.

Wondering if I could be the cook. 🧑‍🍳 Already generated a random profile for the character which only needs minor tweaking.

35 minutes ago, Seylos said:

I'm hoping this will be a great way to do a mini showcase of different nations and their lands + culture as the Revelation visits them.

This would be a nice way to highlight the colder climates. It may even help activate the sleepy Deltannia and Volsci, if visiting those places are within the scope of this story.