Good evening @Westzeeland. Congratulations on graduating from the academy. Welcome to the community. 🙂

• Climate. You wrote: "The climate depends on the location. I have 2 ideas." So it really depends on your preference
  • Culture & History. The !Dutch relationship is certainly there with @Variota next-door. Note that nearby @Vostau also proposed a !Spanish mix. That proximity could work for the both of you.
  • Area. With 2 points the area will be approximately 270,000-350,000 km2, which is comparable to the RL area from Italy to Germany.

So if we take your descriptions into consideration, it matches with the areas you outlined above. I think the location near Variota matches best.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:10 AM, Westzeeland said:

Basic: Sparsely populated native lands, invaded by Dutch and Spanish. Dutch Colony invaded Spanish colony. Large amount of slaves brought from overseas. Large migrations of Free slaves to Westzeeland from around the wurld. Major apartheid laws put in place. In 1990s Apartheid laws begin to be repealed, but Non-Whites haven’t voted until recent. 

I think this is very interesting. Having worked on the Iberic Diaspora histories for a while, I'd like to know whether you'd like to make this Spanish colony part of the Iberic Diaspora. https://iiwiki.us/wiki/The_Gran_Viatge | https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Iberic_Diaspora

We'd be glad to have you. Iberic groups are varied and on one side are very similar to the many IRL Iberian cultures but on another side have cultures that evolved very differently and have become their own thing. Its very flexible and we can discuss further on discord if this fits with you.

However, you could always choose to distance yourself from this and have a latin-like culture that is entirely your own and totally different from the Iberics.

---

On another note, I like this idea because if you do choose to be Iberic, this creates some interesting historical conflict in northern Alharu which can enrich a shared Iberic Colonial History.

In any case, I like what you have written so far. Regardless of your choice, I look forward to seeing the spot you decide and your future RPs!

Cheers :) 

ukO0mOV.png
FACTBOOK | NEWS | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TWITTER | ARCHIVES |

FOUNDER AND MEMBER OF:

ATARA-TRADE | TRIDENT -DEFENCE WARD-AIR DEFENCE |

18 minutes ago, Westzeeland said:

I certainly have Spanish/Iberican people in my history, but the colony lost to the dutch and many settlers of there moved to a nearby colony which could be Vostau as The location is quite close. I would be interested in Iverica being involved in my history writings.

I very appreciate the help that both of you have given me!

Certainly! I understood what you meant by a Dutch invasion. All the details for the Iberics' arrival to the New Wurld are pretty much in those links I've sent. Feel free to let me know if things ever fail to match up though.

You're welcome and I hope to work with you in RP sometime. Cheers!

ukO0mOV.png
FACTBOOK | NEWS | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TWITTER | ARCHIVES |

FOUNDER AND MEMBER OF:

ATARA-TRADE | TRIDENT -DEFENCE WARD-AIR DEFENCE |

7 hours ago, Westzeeland said:

I certainly have Spanish/Iberican people in my history, but the colony lost to the dutch and many settlers of there moved to a nearby colony which could be Vostau as The location is quite close.

Would be very happy to play a part in the history of your nation, but I doubt, with the history I have going, that Vostau could have been a colony in that sense. Still will be interesting to work out history between us - since you'd be near the Keelpijp, that could lead to some form of history there?

12 hours ago, Westzeeland said:

I am leaning more to the one that is near Variota, but I also would like to get the most land I can from the points that I have and some help with that would be appreciated.

Of course we can help you with that. 🙂 I mentioned the approximate 270,000-350,000 km2 you get with 2 points. I've drawn the area on a globe (tutorial here) to show you what 350 thousand km2 can look like. Keep in mind that this is the starting area. You can grow this through RP.

1. Stretched along the coast.

2UDGWaD.png

2. Between two rivers with deeper hinterland.

utUr6ua.png

23 hours ago, Orioni said:

Of course we can help you with that. 🙂 I mentioned the approximate 270,000-350,000 km2 you get with 2 points. I've drawn the area on a globe (tutorial here) to show you what 350 thousand km2 can look like. Keep in mind that this is the starting area. You can grow this through RP.

2UDGWaD.png

utUr6ua.png

Thank you for the working out of area. I like the top one (stretched along the coast) better than the other. I will make an image of the border and citys that I would like in my map.

On 3/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, Vostau said:

Would be very happy to play a part in the history of your nation, but I doubt, with the history I have going, that Vostau could have been a colony in that sense. Still will be interesting to work out history between us - since you'd be near the Keelpijp, that could lead to some form of history there?

I am very interested in a history between us, as we would be very so close. I have mentioned in the history of Westzeeland about a Iberican colony near me, so I think that you could take that role if you want to.

image0.png

23 hours ago, Orioni said:

2UDGWaD.png

utUr6ua.png

Here is the map that I made

image0.png

1. Retoria (Capital)

2. Cape Keel

3. San LaMaria

4. Debonnaire

Please let me know if I do need to change some thing like citys or the border.

image0.png

• Similar Content

• By Ateenia
      Hi once again. I know its been only few weeks since my last request but i would like the honored cartographer @Metztlitlaca to add the following major cities and ports to Ateenia.

The red dots are major cities and towns.
      The black dots are the major ports.

The names of said ports, towns and cities are:
      1) Grundvik
      2) Mandahús
      3) Fjoldall
      4) Myrrdall
      5) Osarvik

Thank you!
    • By Tagmatium Rules
      Hello!
      I'm completely changing Tagmatium's name and flag! Again!
      No, not really.
      Just a bit of a minor tweak.
      This is been something I've been meaning to ask for quite a long time. It is more window-dressing than anything that will have any meaningful impact on anything in terms of RP.
      Basically, the island with the city Glevokastron is a nominally independent protectorate of Tagmatium, although in reality it is all but an integral part of the Greater Holy Empire, lying as it does so close to both myself and @Haruspex. It's got a significant Tagmatine military presence in the form of military bases, and it plays a role as a lynchpin in the defensive plans of my nation.
      In line with other people's colonies and client states, could I have the name "Akwisia (Tag.)" added to it, as that's the name of the country. Ideally, the name "Brandhaefen" would be added in brackets under "Glevokastron", as the former is the native name for the city. I respect the fact that there might not be enough room for this without things being a bit squashed.
      As well as this, could the following flag be added? This flag would replace the Tagmatine one.
      Thanks a lot!
      No hurry on this, mind. It doesn't affect anything RP-wise.

• By Ateenia
      Nation in Eurth: Ateenia (Kingdom of Ateenia)

Flag:

Capital name: Atha
      Capital location: On the coastline, on the smallest river.
      Factbook link: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Ateenia
      Newsroom link:

Culture: Ateenian (Based off of Norse culture with unique added features.)
      Climate: Subarctic or Boreal climate with freezing winters and warm summers.
      The black border if possible, red border if black is over the limit or not possible. black dot is capital Atha. (if there is a need to further discuss then DM me in discord (*cencored*#7122)

History: The first tribesmen and hunters arrived to Ateenian lands from south, around 10,000 years ago and the first settlements began to grow along the rivers. Later on, settlers arrived to the northern coasts where they began settleing more intensivly and in matter of millenias, they made the northern coasts most populated in whole modern Ateenia. Ateenia as a kingdom itself was founded in 118. Before that, the Ateenian people were split into various clans, tribes, earldoms, jarldoms and lesser kingdoms. When Ateenia united it began using its first kings birth year as the start of Ateenian calender. Early Ateenians were renowned for their art of shipbuilding for being able to build strong ships that could sail both on rivers and oceans, thus giving them the ability to raid distant lands, which is the main reason Ateenian coastline is so populated, many people moved to the coastlines to be able to take part of raids.

Statistics: Population - 0   GDP - 2    Land Area - 2