Jump to content

Hello, I am Vostau


Recommended Posts

Very nice to be here! I came across this region while looking for a place to set my newest nation, and it looks very interesting indeed and I can't wait to get involved!

For reference, I've been involved off-and-on with NationStates for quite a few years. This time, I wanted to make a nation which could be constructed diachronically, i.e: from the first historical roots upwards. As such, I may maintain an Eurth-canon and my own canon alongside, with some crossover in between. 

My main ideas for Vostau include historical events, largely revolving around the 18th century history of Vostau, and so I have a rough idea of where I want to be by that point. Forward from that, things are much more open, and I look forward to writing history here!

I will probably look around and aim to get a space on the map. That will probably help me to gain inspiration, at least in the most general terms, for the future of Vostau. 

In any case, once again, pleasure to be here, and I hope to meet a lot of people and grow the canon of my history, as well as that of others. 

Link to comment

Hello and welcome Vostau. Where are you from? Your idea of a diachronical canon sounds like something very original. How far are you planning to go back in time?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Orioni said:

Hello and welcome Vostau. Where are you from? Your idea of a diachronical canon sounds like something very original. How far are you planning to go back in time?

Aha, sorry, only just saw this. I'm from Queensland, Australia, so if I don't quite line up with the other time zones here, that'd be why!

At present, I am beginning the narrative at around 1400 BCE, and am trying to develop the Thafonic people group, as the first main civilisation within Vostau. I could probably go a little earlier, but no indigenous records would exist (unlike later with the Thafonic language/writing system I am developing) and very few outside records (until trade becomes more common) would detail anything about the people, so I figure 1400 BCE is a good stepping off point!

I'm mostly doing work on IIWiki, though I will more than likely post on the forums regularly, either to catch people up on where I am or for the regular prompts.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

Ooh.

Middle edging towards Late Bronze Age. In Europe, admittedly.

I find the Bronze Age in Europe fascinating, primarily because it's so enigmatic, in the main.

Indeed so! It's one of the time periods that, formerly, I found very dull until I started researching a lot more into it later on. I'm planning on my ancient city state of Thafon having been pretty key to the Mediargic bronze trade, similar to how Tartessos was IRL. 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Vostau said:

Indeed so! It's one of the time periods that, formerly, I found very dull until I started researching a lot more into it later on. I'm planning on my ancient city state of Thafon having been pretty key to the Mediargic bronze trade, similar to how Tartessos was IRL. 

That's a great idea!

Link to comment
On 3/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, Vostau said:

Aha, sorry, only just saw this. I'm from Queensland, Australia, so if I don't quite line up with the other time zones here, that'd be why!

Oh how nice. All the Australians I know are nice people. 🙂 Timezones don't really matter here. People are from every continent. A forum like this is asynchronous and time-independent. The instant-messaging takes place over on Discord. https://discord.gg/brhxSws

On 3/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, Vostau said:

I am beginning the narrative at around 1400 BCE, and am trying to develop the Thafonic people group, as the first main civilisation within Vostau.

Lovely period to explore. The transition phase from city-states to first larger states. Two steps forward, one step back. The further back I develop my own fictional history, the more former cities and states that need to have existed. Pretty sure @Tagmatium Rules can share a good story or two of finding layer upon layer of history.

Your logbook of developments is fun to follow. Keep it up.

 

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Orioni said:

Oh how nice. All the Australians I know are nice people. 🙂 Timezones don't really matter here. People are from every continent. A forum like this is asynchronous and time-independent. The instant-messaging takes place over on Discord. https://discord.gg/brhxSws

Lovely period to explore. The transition phase from city-states to first larger states. Two steps forward, one step back. The further back I develop my own fictional history, the more former cities and states that need to have existed. Pretty sure @Tagmatium Rules can share a good story or two of finding layer upon layer of history.

Your logbook of developments is fun to follow. Keep it up.

 

And layer upon layer of mud.

:P

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Orioni said:

@Vostau — Some minor additions to your IIWiki page. The information came from your NS page and map application. https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Category:Vostau I also setup the country data template so you can use some common shortcuts.

Many thanks! I'll be working on it much more closely in the future.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...