As far as Manamana goes, it likely is going to be incredibly meaningless as it has already been slated that the entire canal and its development will be reworked and probably resemble little of its original form, only enough to honor key proponents of it (SSI and Synturia - this was discussed among those in Aurelia and Mesothalassa). Beyond that, it certainly is open for discussion. Personally, I know we had plans to have sensibly and reworked NPCs on Aurelia and we could have one of them fulfill the role Asgeirra did - I will look more closely into his imprint so I can further post on my stance with them.

1 hour ago, Oyus said:

As far as Manamana goes, it likely is going to be incredibly meaningless as it has already been slated that the entire canal and its development will be reworked and probably resemble little of its original form, only enough to honor key proponents of it (SSI and Synturia - this was discussed among those in Aurelia and Mesothalassa). Beyond that, it certainly is open for discussion. Personally, I know we had plans to have sensibly and reworked NPCs on Aurelia and we could have one of them fulfill the role Asgeirra did - I will look more closely into his imprint so I can further post on my stance with them.

Thanks Oyus. Alright. Let's disregard the Manamana point. Though the other instances and the main point still holds.

Good to hear that NPC ideas are abound. There isn't a whole lot that the NPC would need to fulfil in terms of criteria but all the same I look forward to seeing how Aurelia will develop these--hopefully resembling Asgeirria enough to be easily recognisable!

ukO0mOV.png
FACTBOOK | NEWS | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TWITTER | ARCHIVES |

FOUNDER AND MEMBER OF:

ATARA-TRADE | TRIDENT -DEFENCE WARD-AIR DEFENCE |

3 hours ago, Iverica said:

Good to hear that NPC ideas are abound. There isn't a whole lot that the NPC would need to fulfil in terms of criteria but all the same I look forward to seeing how Aurelia will develop these--hopefully resembling Asgeirria enough to be easily recognisable!

After having skim read a good bit of the threads, I think a wipe and NPC substitution would be ideal for sure. Total erasure certainly wouldn't be fitting, not without a substitute. An Aurelian NPC could probably be molded to something needed to take the role Asgeirria had in these posts without actually retaining the prime location or IP of Asgeirria. It would certainly allow Team Aurelia proceed as it would like to and give it something to do with its NPCs, something to add in. I know a couple I'd like to mold could potentially fit the bill, but a conversation only needed if none other believes there are better NPCs suited in Aurelia, or perhaps Alharu for that matter. It may be more sensible to be of Alharu or even Argis as opposed to Aurelia given that Asgeirria's desired power projection is realistic for a very limited amount of nations as it stands. A regional partner seems more sensible to me to fill the role left behind by Asgeirria.

Edited by Oyus

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Metztlitlaca
      Hello!
      Most people on this forum knows me as "that map guy", or "that country with the slavery". But since the 27th of March of this year I have been given the title of "Cartographer" equal to "RP Mentor" in the staff hierarchy as part of the general staff delegations over the past year. My role is to keep track of map placement requests, requests by current members for changes to their nations and the wider Eurth, increasing transparency between producing the map and the members of our community, and updating the map as per needed. 

Orioni is still the head of cartography - as he is the only one who can update the forum's main map - but hopefully with both of us working together we can produce wurld maps at a greater rate.
      Below will be a AtaQ (Assumed to-be asked Questions), a new set of guidelines that I will be following henceforth towards modifications to the map, and a backlog for the next draft.

AtaQ
      Q: "Will you be keeping the same style of map?"
      A: The map will remain with the same style and design until Orioni decides to change the style. That is outside of my jurisdiction.

Q: "Is this map still V4?"
      A: Formally, yes, however I will be labelling map drafts within this thread as V5 to separate the maps made by just Orioni and the maps made by me and him, as well as to aid in formalising update numbers.

Q: "What are update numbers?"
      A: 5.0.1 - the "5" at the start stands for "Version 5", the "0" represents the major map update, and the "1" is the draft numbers for that major map update. 5.0.1 is the 1st draft of the 0th map update of the 5th version. It should be stated that 5.0.1 is a non-binding proof of concept and breaks several of the new guidelines to show that I am capable of changing the map in a style similar to Orioni. For example, @Tagmatium Rules, @Cristina, and @Haruspex have not been spoken to about the movements of @Fleur de Lys (renamed Lysia) and @Social Democratic Confederation. Changes that break the guidelines will be reverted back for 5.0.2 unless the nations in that region request for those changes to remain.

Q: "Will you be doing maps now instead of RPing as Metztlitlaca?"
      A: I will still be roleplaying as Metztlitlaca on the forum, like other staff this is just an addition to my work on the forum - not a substitute.

Q: "Whats with the 'thanks' reactions in map placement requests or city requests?"
      A: If I find nothing wrong with a request or nothing to add to a finalised request, I may just respond with a "thanks" reaction if I am adding new nations in bulk. Generally though I will try my best to create a personalised response if I believe I have something of worth to say.

Guidelines
      Map Placement Requests
      Map placements will still require a separate thread within the Map section of the forum. Nothing has changed.

City Requests and Nation Modifications
      City requests and nation modifications such as new flags will still require a dedicated thread for each nation, however the same thread can be used for different requests.

Nation Expansions & Reservations
      No expansions will be given out until an expansion thread is near finished. Reserves will also only begin once the RP thread for an expansion begins. An expansion must require in-character RP unless said expansion is incredibly minor (what "minor" means will be done on a case by case scenario dependant on a region's nation density.). An expansion will be revoked after 6 months of no activity on the RP thread. If a member is caught acting in poor faith to circumvent this activity rule, they will be punished accordingly.

Nation Deletion
      From henceforth from this post, any nation who has been inactive for over 183 days will have their nation undergo the process of reduction, inactivity for over 275 days will have their nation undergo the process of termination either through total removal, IP seizure, or their nation reworked into a NPC. Nations may be (but not for certain) exempt from these rulings if: 
      1) The member who controls the nation has given an adequate reason for inactivity
      2) The member's nation provides a large part of regional or global lore to Eurth (from here it will most likely be done on a case by case situation as it has been for the past year).
      3) The nation is an NPC (seems obvious but must be pointed out in case confusion by newer members).
      If a member is caught acting in poor faith to circumvent this activity rule, they will be punished accordingly. More information click here

Note: All of these guidelines are subject to change as new information comes to light.

5.0.1 Map

5.0.1 Changelogs (31/03/2021)
      Several applicants for a placement on the map by graduated members have been processed in this draft.
      - @Westzeeland
      - @Vostau
      - @Fravina
      Their borders have been made following requests in their application threads. Several NPCs have also been added:
      - Eldorado (to fit into the no mans land between the Triple Commonwealth and @San Castellino
      - Anglia (part of the upcoming global event)
      - @Seylos Corinium of Kraken Rising fame under the North Adlantic Union.

There were also modifications to pre-existing countries.
      - @Haruspex's annexation of Korinon.
      - @Delamaria's expansion of Lanada revoked due to a lack of an RP thread.
      - @Variota's reservation revoked due Variota's previous announcement to stop RPing for the foreseeable future and lack of activity regarding it (will be returned if Variota returns to RP the expansion).
      - @Girkmand's reservation revoked due to general inactivity.
      - @Seylos's flag changed and (NAU) added to his name as well as the labelling of E.Ceris (East Ceris) also under NAU, as well as owning the port city of Bab al-Bahr of @Vostau.
      - @Derthalen had his name changed to Dolchland along with a capital city and flag change.
      - @Fleur de Lysand @Social Democratic Confederation have been swapped as part of the non-binding proof of concept.
      - @Sayf under the moderation of the admins, Sayf has been moved to the Keelpijp.
      - Change to the name of @Shffahkia's capital city

And several nations removed as part of the removals list
      - @Astriedan
      - @Alenveil
      - @Beleareas

And lastly several geographical changes
      - Typhos sea renamed to the Typhon sea
      - Bay north of @Shffahkia named Baie d'Ailénor
      - Sea between @Indo-Stan, @Yeosan, and the Kidney Islands named the Zitan Sea

5.0.2 To-Do List
      - Renamed the Zitan Sea to the Guihai Sea (Turtle Sea).
      - Fix @Westzeeland's southern most city (incorrect location).
      - Rename Korinon to North Korinon.
      - Change Kaseka's symbol to that of a port city.
      - Try to find a more optimum representation of @Variota's Lukinagrad as it currently feels out of place using just the flag.
      - Speak to @Iverica about @St Francoisbourg's future.
      - Define @Suverina and Sporsia's maritime border.
      - Speak to @Tagmatium Rules, @Haruspex, and @Cristina on Lysia/@Fleur de Lys on the possibility of a more open-sea coastal access to justify their ex-colonies in Aurelia, Alharu, and Argis.
      - Revert Lysia and @Social Democratic Confederation placement unless stated otherwise.
      - Label the large interior Paran Lake the Chenshas Lake
      - Label Mesothalassa
      - Schedule meetings between continent groups on the subject of NPCs.
      -- Aurelian Interior and Southern NPCs
      -- Alharun to-be-FASR and Paran NPCs
      -- Argis NPCs (?)
      -- Marenesia NPCs (?)
      -- Defining the interior Europan NPC Borders
    • By Iverica
      Just putting this down here so it doesn't get lost on Discord. Basis: IP Audit Sheet
      On the next round of updates, I'd like to put forth a list of nations (appearing red on the sheet) to be removed from the map.
      Procedure  (See Amendment 3) was followed. Allowance time (more than necessary) was given for a response Floor was open for comments among the staff on what to do with the concerned nations. No objections were heard. From what I can see, there are no reasons to keep the following nations around:
      Lusotropia Stalgora Valacia Theodoria Aluxia Saale Pyemcgowan Pallamara Rihan Cavunia Sylvet Fjallshima Great Burlington (They have chosen to delete their account) Little Flau Beleareas Limonaia (replace with Sayf) Alenveil Eurofuhrer Astriedan Kaitaine Selayar Acadia(?) Further more the following nations have been contacted and have been given more than enough time to respond. They differ because of amount of contributions/posts/relevance to some RP--therefore, I put their names forward for a reduction of their land area (to area around capital). Enough so that they do not take up too valuable a real estate.
      Asgeirria (perhaps moved to a tiny island nearby) Dniester If anyone has any objections at all and you have a concrete plan on what to do with them, last chance to speak. Otherwise please avoid speculating or spitballing! I think enough formality has been followed and time spent on this matter.

Updated: Nation names that are not on the audit list were added here due to sustained inactivity and lack of response on regular channels.
    • By Anatea
      I hope this topic is in the right section .-.
      Aaaanyway, here i am again for asking to our beloved and powerful @Orioni if would be possible to add some cities to my nation on Eurth's map and, about the last update, add some NPC nations that i need for the lore of Anatea
      About the map for the city & the NPC nations here you go:

If you need to read better the names of the cities here you go a detailed map of Anatea where you can read better the names in case of problems About the NPC nations here's the explanation for why they're here:
      Astarlia: this nation was part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, becoming indipendent after a civil war in 1014. From that year on the relations between the two nations were quite hostile, but after some time they began to become more friendly until they signed a defensive pact for themselves, helping each other in any possible way. The relation between them would be similiar to the one between UK and USA. Ex Ruthenian nations (New Ruthenia, Casma, Lybadev and Pyrr): once part of the Federal Republic of Ruthenia (really similiar to Yugoslavia), after the Dalstavian War they become indipendent, changing their type of government after years under a bloody dictatorship. They are an important part of Anatea's lore due to the fact that the ruthenian invasions in the Classical & Post-Classical Era conquered Ruthenia and the Dalstavia region (once part of Anatea in the same Age), also the Dalstavian War is an important part of the history of Anatea because it will begin the subplot of Anatea about who was really behind the entire conflict (hinted in "In the Shadow" chapter) and the beginning of Anatea being a not isolationist nation anymore. Azuria: once part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, it will become indipendent (WIP about why & when) and later on an hostile nation towards Anatea & Astarlia, triggering the defensive pact that the two nations have (WIP about why & when). Before the end of 2021, a war between Anatea & Astarlia VS Azuria will break out, resulting in the invasion of the nation and then in its splitting (showed in the map) and annexation (similiar to what happened to Germany after WW2). Illirea: even this nation was part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, but then it was conquered by Zastov in the 1600s. Later on will become indipendent by Zastov togheter with Yustov and it will be peacefully annexed by Anatea for protection with the upcoming tensions between Anatea and Zastov and for return to be one thing with Anatea. Zastov: a really important nation for the lore of Anatea. It's a far-right nation masked as a democracy. It will be involved in various part of Anatea's lore, beginning with a war in the 1600s which will take Illirea from Anatea, and then it will fight once again Anatea in the "Ruthenian War" in 1860 [Ruthenian War= Zastov, being landlocked, tried to attack and conquer Ruthenia (the weakest nation in the region) for have an outlet to the sea for commercial reasons, but a coalition composed by Anatea, Ruthenia, Astarlia and Erastia will prevent Zastov to reach the sea, protecting Ruthenia and winning the war (similiar to the Crimean War)]. In the modern age it will become a rival of Anatea after the fall of Azuria and there will be some tensions, just to create some interesting rps in the future. Erastia: a kingdom in the southern part of Aurelia. It will be involved in the "Ruthenian War" along with Anatea and will have some peaceful relations with Anatea. Yustov: once part of Zastov, it will become independent and then will be annexed peacefully by Anatea for protection against Zastov. Ostav: an island Union, it will become important in the modern age with the "Clear War" (1923-1925), the first war in which Anatea will use airplanes and will understand the importance of air superiority. This war is important because it's the first war in the South Aurelian region in which no civilians were harmed (because the conflict was fought primarily in the sea, and with the sole use of aircrafts and ships). Nostromm: Not important, just a name that would fit to the nation Taygene: important nation in the lore of Anatea because it had an alliance with it. It will be the main trigger for the "Clear War", without fighting in the war. The end!
      The blueish color on Anatea and in some nations is the maximum extension of Anatea in the future rps, just to warn how much i want to expand Anatea (i will post the expansion ideas in the future and after i contributed to the region of course) and which NPC nations will be involved (probably around 2025/2026 the expansion would be completed :O).
      Thank you for reading!