Name of the country : San Castellino

Flag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769238897547804763/795944555022909460/drapeau_Republique_de_San_Castellino_-_NationStates.png

Capital name: Gazallenoa

Capital location: By the sea, ideally towards the south of the country and far from the borders.

Culture: Mainly Iverican (therefore Spanish), a little French (this varies according to cities and regions) and very slightly Mayan.

Climate: Tropical or equatorial for the seaside, desert for the interior of the country (ideally between 50 and 60% of the territory is desert).

Factbooks : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=san_castellino/detail=factbook

spacer.png

History: (Attention : this history will maybe change in the futur !)

The place was for a long time part of the Mayan civilization (I don't remember the equivalent), even though the different kingdoms of San Castellino were politically independent. Between 1500 and 1550, San Castellino was colonised by Ivérica. This was the beginning of the colonial era. In 1791, the San Castellinos obtained their independence and the Kingdom of San Castellinos was created. However, the kingdom was invaded by the French around 1830, which led to the death of the royal family and the great names of the nobility, as well as the flight of the nobles still alive in Ivérica and Eulycea. In 1848, San Castellino gained its independence for a second time and the Republic of San Castellino-Ferdinades was created. This collapsed following a nationalist coup d'état in 1936, followed by a terrible civil war for the next three years. The nationalists won and the Republic of San Castellino was created. Since then, the regime is still in place, but anger grows as high-ranking officials partied.

(Normally, I forgot nothing.)

Edited by San Castellino
  • Like 4

spacer.png
"La República se dobla, pero no se rompe."

Hello!

Have you been able to take a look at the Balance Sheet?

It'll help with ironing out your final stats for your nation, such as GDP, size and population, as well as giving the Cartography team a bit of a hand when it comes to settling the size of your nation.

I'd imagine that, from how you've described your nation in the past, you'd have less points in GDP and more in population and/or area.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I will answer point by point.

1. Area

Thank you !

2. Landscape

Yes, indeed. The archipelago model was not satisfying me. So I changed my mind and forgot to change the factbook.

Edit : I changed the factbook. So, normally, I fixed the non sense.

3. Climate

Yes, I did it on purpose. I really want to give the impression that the mountain range somehow separates the country in two between the South and the North: a kind of giant version of the reality of most of the country's cities. You could compare this to Brazil with the Amazonian forest.

Conclusion

I have no objection. Thanks Orioni !

Edited by San Castellino
  • Like 2

spacer.png
"La República se dobla, pero no se rompe."

• 1 month later...

@San Castellino Finally got around to updating the map. I did the measurement of your area. It's close to 1.000.000 km2. I would need to cut it down to 1/3 the size to get the 350.000 km2 maximum starting size. Which areas are central?

qAeyGMkl.png

• Like 3
  • Similar Content

• By Oyus
      With Fearannteth well constructed and being finalized I would like to formally request the placement of the two nations that will serve as NPCs until I come around to an expansion for them. The smaller, western 1/3 will be known as Bexshaw. The larger, eastern 2/3s will be Fearannteth proper. For further information on this, check this thread, with a link to the expansive working Google doc for Fearannteth.
      Thule (*) Winchester Ceitham Paisley (*) Canterbury Banchory Fionnphort
      Bexshaw <- Fearannteth
    • By Prawasia
      Nation in Eurth: Prawasia
      Flag: Prawasia National Flag
      Capital name: Manyar
      Largest city name: Progo
      Factbook link: Prawasia National Factbook
      Newsroom link: Triple 'P' News
      Culture: In real life Malay
      Climate: Tropical (or Sub-Tropical)
      History: The former eight kingdoms known as Waribang Kingdom, Merbau Kingdom, Irilia Kingdom, Asada Kingdom, Bayan Kingdom, Seremgon Kingdom and Malabar Kingdom were all unified under one country named as Prawasia in 1945. It was then strengthened in Constitution in 7 March 1945, abolishing the King as the Head-of-Government with the updated version to regulate government of the Kingdom of Prawasia to form legislative body - National Assembly with two houses: People's Representative Council (DPR) as lower house and State Representative Council (DPN) as upper house. The election of the monarch as well regulated under the updated version in Current Constitution in 25 February 1988, thus making the government type as federal parliamentary constitutional elective monarchy.  
    • By Seylos
      Well it's time for the big expansion into Ceris. After the past year of war on the unfortunate island, things are finally coming to a head and there is a glimmer of hope for a Sentist defeat. In the coming posts I will explore beyond just the military military posts and begin the diplomatic process of the formation of a new supranational state that will encompass Seylos and eastern Ceris.

Name: North Adlantic Union
      Government: Centralized Confederation (Supranational Union)
      Head of Government: President of the North Adlantic Council (Elected amongst constituent nations)
      Legislative Body: North Adlantic Council
      Constituent Nations: Seylos, Cenia, Seskoaburg, Ashington, Astaria, Egris, Esnos, Atrya, Ostros
      Total Constituent Population: 59,240,000 (Seylos is 34,000,000 making up 57% of the population)
      Average GDP of Nations (Seylos excluded): 29.125 billion
      Average GDP per Capita (Seylos excluded): 1,153 per capita
      Average GDP with Seylos: 153 billion
      Average GDP per Capita with Seylos: 2582 per capita
      Predominant Cultures: Anglian, Alban, Cymrian, Eirieann, Ceriser, Germanic (still working on a good name for that)

It goes without saying in this expansion that the Kingdom of Seylos will not be directly annexed or integrating any of its neighbors. Each of these nations will exist as sovereign states (in NPC form) under the umbrella of the North Adlantic Union. As such, I will continue having Seylos as the nation that I will be playing as and will not be changing the country's name or any such thing. Of course however the North Adlantic Union will still be seen as an extension of myself while RPing just like any other expansion.
      Reasons for Expansion:
      Due to the events of Doom of Ceris, the nations that will make up the Union have been fighting side by side with each other against the Sentist onslaught, and have come to the conclusion that they have no choice but to work together in order to survive the crisis. On top of this, ICEB influence in the west, Tagmatine influence in the north, and the possibility of a surviving Sentist state none of the eastern Ceris nations see a possible situation where they can make their stand alone. Ostris and Egris have also bore the brunt of the Sentist assault, and look to Seylos and the wealthier coastal states as a means of recovery and economic development. All the states under the Union will have had common cultural backgrounds, and have had relatively peaceful contact with each other over the year, with minor exceptions. Seylos, for its part, sees this as a way to secure the territory close to it from further international encroachment, and as a massive economic opportunity for the future.

Moving Forward:
      As the Doom of Ceris RP begins to wind down, posts will be made in detail about the negotiations between the future Union members in order to solidify the RP for a treaty binding them together. Though it has been presumed over the course of the RP that these nations are obviously coordinating together, I do not want any questions up in the air as to how it all occurred.

Comments and concerns friends.