Request: Theaca

• Orioni changed the title to Request: Theaca

Hello @Theaca. Congratulations on graduating from the academy. Let's discuss your map request.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, Theaca said:

Culture: Mostly eastern. Obsession with aesthetics, polytheist, early history as merchants (I'm helping make Alaharu silk road), very progressive.

Climate: Temperate

Location History: Still being sussed out

1. Culture. Eastern cultures are mostly found in West-Alharu. The exception being Fulgistan. If you'd like to join the !Asian sphere, is this something you would consider?
  2. Climate. The area you highlighted is actually quite tropical, in stead of temperate. The area is right on the Equator. (See the December 2nd simple climate map.) Do you want to be in the tropics, or stick with your original request for a temperate climate?
  3. History. Do let us know when you've had time to consider the existing history you want to base you country on.
2 hours ago, Orioni said:

Hello @Theaca. Congratulations on graduating from the academy. Let's discuss your map request.

1. Culture. Eastern cultures are mostly found in West-Alharu. The exception being Fulgistan. If you'd like to join the !Asian sphere, is this something you would consider?
  2. Climate. The area you highlighted is actually quite tropical, in stead of temperate. The area is right on the Equator. (See the December 2nd simple climate map.) Do you want to be in the tropics, or stick with your original request for a temperate climate?
  3. History. Do let us know when you've had time to consider the existing history you want to base you country on.

1. I had no idea so sure.

2. Tbh I can't tell the climate on that one so I defaulted to the koppen climate one

3. I was gonna have my history shaped by my geography and where I was. Was originally planning a costal silk road with afew people but I think that's null now.

5 hours ago, Theaca said:

I was gonna have my history shaped by my geography and where I was. Was originally planning a costal silk road with a few people but I think that's null now.

Well you can still play as a link in the !Silk Road. If you desire that area you drew in South Alharu, you'll have to work within the existing parameters:

• Tropical climate. This doesn't necessarily have to be a limiting factor. Really depends on how you roll with it.
  • Culture. Strong presence of native Alharun peoples. Working with the diverse set of neighbours: !Asian Fulgistan and Yeosan, native Metztlitlaca and Oyus, colonial Shffahkia and Mauridiviah. This could be your reason for having a large numbers of !Asian traders present.
  • Economy. That location would certainly be strategic for trade, with several major rivers nearby and the Manamana canal around the corner.

Only thing I'd like to see is a definitive border you'd like.  Nothing too spiffy, just an idea besides a general circle.  Unless that is the border you wished for, which if that's the case, okie dokie.  

Also, don't be afraid to ask us on Discord to calculate the area for you, to see if what you are thinking is too small (i.e: you can expand a bit more without going over) or too big (you go over the limit) :) 

The Sanctum Imperium Catholicum
Through the Trinity, We Flourish

Factbook National Salvian Broadcasting Network Ministry of Foreign Affairs 

@Theaca — In that case I'll process the original land claim you showed in your screenshot. In the past there was a similar discussion with @Cashar about having a modern economy in a hot desert. The discussion was mainly about cooling buildings and offices.

@Salvia — I draw a realistic border within the available point system. Not sure if that's been discussed on Discord; I don't see it here in the request.

• 2 weeks later...

@Theaca Thank you for your patience. If you are alright with the location and limitations as discussed earlier, your country will be created in the area you drew. The balance sheet points you mention will allow a 150,000-200,000 km2 area. I will try and match this as best as possible with the area you drew. This will be included in the next update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Theaca Sure. That's possible. Since I'm still working on the map update, your claim can be changed. Do keep in mind that you originally asked for a tropical location. Moving closer to the poles also means colder weather. Is that alright?

@Theaca Meanwhile we chatted a little bit in Discord, and you mentioned the island chain in the circled area.

• Climate. Certainly more temperate than tropical.
  • Culture. In the middle between several major cultural areas. This will certainly create the "hodgepodge" of influences. And it can a maritime part of the Alaharu silk road.

Are you still okay with this choice?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 9:56 PM, Orioni said:

@Theaca Meanwhile we chatted a little bit in Discord, and you mentioned the island chain in the circled area.

• Climate. Certainly more temperate than tropical.
  • Culture. In the middle between several major cultural areas. This will certainly create the "hodgepodge" of influences. And it can a maritime part of the Alaharu silk road.

Are you still okay with this choice?

That'll be fine and dandy :)

• Similar Content

• By Indo-Stan
      Nation in Eurth: Samrágūo Indirìhya (Empire of Indo-Stan)
      Flag: The flag of righteousness 
       (I tried to link the image of it from the Iiwiki but failed) 
      Capital name: Jīna Śahaì
      Capital location: National Capital Territory of Jīnhaìhya 
      Factbook link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatches/category=1/nationid=2932339
      Newsroom link: 
      Culture: Much like India, China and the Indo-Chinese sphere, there are many different cultures but if I had to give an idea of the overarching culture it would be basically be a fusion of India's and China's. It's embedded with religion, philosophy, spirituality, the arts and sports. 
      Climate: Indo-Chinese.
      Tropical monsoon pretty much across all of the central to South of the nation with a arid warm/hot steppe running down the middle of the nation. tropical rainforest like area down the coast of the central west to South. In the North it would become more subtropical and humid and slowly becoming mountainous as it gets even further North to where it would just be montane, like Jammu and Kashmir. Its hard to explain so I would be happy to elaborate more into detail with someone if need be.
      Location History: 2 waves of migration :
      Migrated from the shared point of migration in the Asian sort of region  Migration from the Yeller Empire. Points selected for Indirìhya
      Population: 32,456,324 [Medium] GDP: 35,543 [High] Land Area: 249.653 km [Medium] If anything else is required I would be happy to provide it.
      Blessings to all,
      - K
    • By Prawasia
      Nation in Eurth: Prawasia
      Flag: Prawasia National Flag
      Capital name: Manyar
      Largest city name: Progo
      Factbook link: Prawasia National Factbook
      Newsroom link: Triple 'P' News
      Culture: In real life Malay
      Climate: Tropical (or Sub-Tropical)
      History: The former eight kingdoms known as Waribang Kingdom, Merbau Kingdom, Irilia Kingdom, Asada Kingdom, Bayan Kingdom, Seremgon Kingdom and Malabar Kingdom were all unified under one country named as Prawasia in 1945. It was then strengthened in Constitution in 7 March 1945, abolishing the King as the Head-of-Government with the updated version to regulate government of the Kingdom of Prawasia to form legislative body - National Assembly with two houses: People's Representative Council (DPR) as lower house and State Representative Council (DPN) as upper house. The election of the monarch as well regulated under the updated version in Current Constitution in 25 February 1988, thus making the government type as federal parliamentary constitutional elective monarchy.  
    • By San Castellino
      Name of the country : San Castellino
      Flag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769238897547804763/795944555022909460/drapeau_Republique_de_San_Castellino_-_NationStates.png
      Capital name: Gazallenoa
      Capital location: By the sea, ideally towards the south of the country and far from the borders.
      Culture: Mainly Iverican (therefore Spanish), a little French (this varies according to cities and regions) and very slightly Mayan.
      Climate: Tropical or equatorial for the seaside, desert for the interior of the country (ideally between 50 and 60% of the territory is desert).
      Factbooks : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=san_castellino/detail=factbook

History: (Attention : this history will maybe change in the futur !)
      The place was for a long time part of the Mayan civilization (I don't remember the equivalent), even though the different kingdoms of San Castellino were politically independent. Between 1500 and 1550, San Castellino was colonised by Ivérica. This was the beginning of the colonial era. In 1791, the San Castellinos obtained their independence and the Kingdom of San Castellinos was created. However, the kingdom was invaded by the French around 1830, which led to the death of the royal family and the great names of the nobility, as well as the flight of the nobles still alive in Ivérica and Eulycea. In 1848, San Castellino gained its independence for a second time and the Republic of San Castellino-Ferdinades was created. This collapsed following a nationalist coup d'état in 1936, followed by a terrible civil war for the next three years. The nationalists won and the Republic of San Castellino was created. Since then, the regime is still in place, but anger grows as high-ranking officials partied.
      (Normally, I forgot nothing.)