IC, Tagmatium would have little problem with an expansionist Metztlitlaca, as it might well be a good counterbalance to the insidious influence of @Fulgistan in Alharu. However, the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion (my government) would also like to preserve both its aluminium refinery and its deal with the Metz government to modernise agriculture. Secondly, although likely a minor concern due to their small numbers, would be the fate of any Aroman Christians in the area.

The only reason for Tagmatium to weigh in with any physical force would be to protect its interests directly. In this instance, sustained and deliberate attack on its citizens or those it is working closely with. Otherwise, it'll either be taking a backseat role, supplementing any local partners or just sending in aid workers if the situation very much deteriorates.

OOC, I've no problem with this expansion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Salvia's outlook is similar to Tagmatium's, albeit I'm more invested.  Salvia will try and keep the economic deals the same or even make new ones.  However, a pagan nation taking over a Catholic one is of some concern.  Salvia will be optimistic that Metz does the right thing  but we will have a very close eye on the situation.  Not saying we'll totally stop the expansion or something 😛 but some intervention may take place.  We'll see though, I don't want to ruin your expansion :)

I have no issues with this OOC.  I think it's fairly balanced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Sanctum Imperium Catholicum
Through the Trinity, We Flourish

Factbook National Salvian Broadcasting Network Ministry of Foreign Affairs 

I'm surprisingly ok with this - I take it that the population jump to 1B is due to the subsumed population of Sitallo? - This would also provide the basis for some pretty gnarly role play - Thinking South China Sea etc ... 

IC - Gallambria would obviously have an issue with this - but would work together to ensure peace within the region.

OOC - No issue here what so ever, It's a YAY from me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Gallambria said:

I'm surprisingly ok with this - I take it that the population jump to 1B is due to the subsumed population of Sitallo? - This would also provide the basis for some pretty gnarly role play - Thinking South China Sea etc ... 

IC - Gallambria would obviously have an issue with this - but would work together to ensure peace within the region.

OOC - No issue here what so ever, It's a YAY from me.

1B will be the final population of subsuming Sitallo, the Triple Commonwealth, and two other nations in Mesothalassa. Post-Sitallo expansion would give Metztlitlaca a population of 30-40mil. At the end of the expansion the population would be ~120mil (Metztlitlaca's population acceleration would be beginning to enter the "Bangladesh" period - ie incredibly fast population growth), then eventually the population will grow (as the other 4 nations are brought to similar population accelerations as Metztlitlaca and Metztlitlaca reaches its peak % annual increase).

As such, from 2021-2023, Metztlitlaca will expand, then 2023-2024 the country's population will inflate to 1B. In reality the growth would take 10-20 years, but from people I have spoken with have been against waiting an entire decade for Metztlitlaca to be a threat 😛. This timeframe may even be cut down further if people want an actually threatening Metztlitlaca sooner.

Edited by Metztlitlaca
Expanded upon Answer.
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, Metztlitlaca said:

Per Request: A map of Metztlitlaca, Satillo, and the (Not yet canon) Triple Commonwealth:

Global:

World_with_Three_Sisters.png

Local:

unknown.png

(Excuse the low resolution)

Thanks for that!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've already gone and added the "reserved area" label to the main map. It'll be there with the next publication.

@Metztlitlaca One inconsistency I did notice is your eastern border. This seems to have shifted westward, leaving an open area that is currently yours. Do you want to shift your current border westward?

OLyPG2j.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Orioni said:

I've already gone and added the "reserved area" label to the main map. It'll be there with the next publication.

@Metztlitlaca One inconsistency I did notice is your eastern border. This seems to have shifted westward, leaving an open area that is currently yours. Do you want to shift your current border westward?

OLyPG2j.png

Yes please! The region to my east was to be replaced with @Oyus's Fearannteth. As far as I'm aware Oyus is nearly complete (from what he has eluded to in the Discord - although you'd need to speak to him whether or not its ready to be put on the map or not.).

• Like 2
  • Similar Content

• By Metztlitlaca
      Chapter 1, Scene 1: Oyānci
      Archpriest Oyānci, the uncle-in-law of the first ever Archpriestess (Archpriestess Moyoluani), was the Archpriest who led the Azlo from the Great Paran lake in 8 BCE by the orders of Lōzōnxicoyol herself. Before Oyānci, the Azlo had many archpriests and each archpriest was said to be the divine "Cōconēλ" (Directly translates to "Mouth Piece" or "Puppet") of separate Wēcatoc deities. Under the guidance of Oyānci, the Azlo who left the lake came to be unified under the banner of Ce Meƶλ, The Mun. Without the groundworks for a near-unified religion, the Crescent Empire could not of ever unified lands from the Paluvian Rainforest to the Synthe Bay, to the Paititi mountains, to the Manamana Isthmus.

Modern Day
      A middle-aged man, around his late forties, early fifties, in a yellow-cream military jacket was hunched over head down at a gnarled dusty wooden table with numerous yellow-stained documents and large A3 sheets of rolled out and bent maps. The room he was in shook slightly, cream-coloured dust trickling from the ceiling, the same colour as the ceiling and cracked walls. The room was dead silent, but soon began to be periodically cut by the rattling of distant gunfire and eventually built up to be like an orchestra of woodpeckers, the sounds of individual bangs from the guns merged into one long drawn out buzz. Thankfully for Alez he was not on the front lines down at Pezidenteza Street, he was two streets back at their temporary base, but the periodic hallowing echoes of faraway explosives still trickled cold sweat down his neck. He was far too close to the conflict for his liking. In the outlying front lines, the roaring of a collapsing concrete building echoed through the streets followed by broken up cheering. Alez wasn't sure if that was his own side cheering or that of the opposing forces, but the fact that the long drawn out buzz of machine guns did not end had dampened any hope in his heart. The greyish wooden door - the only way in and out of the room - rattled causing Alez to flinch in place, his head glancing up towards his door. A small part of his brain almost hoped it was the men of the opposing force, finally here to put him out of his misery, but instead it was another man in a similar yellow-cream military jacket, with grey combat trousers and a partially unbuttoned grey shirt.
      "We have the map, sir." The man declared, saluting to the hunched man. Alez sighed, his eyes locking with the man.
      "Please Camillo, I have repeatedly requested that you call me Alez. I am no more a sir then General-President Tario is."
      "Yes si--Alez." Camillo stumbled. "The map you requested of the city has arrived."
      "Excellent, thank you." Alez replied. Two more individuals in similar jackets stepped through the door, one (a lady) holding a large rolled up tube of paper held together only by an elastic band and the other (a man) with a single plastic wallet with several cleaner papers inside. The hunched man finally stood up properly, sweeping aside several of his papers to make room. "I'd have expected we'd afford more than a single rubber band to be wrapped around our most valuable current intelligence." Alez sarcastically commented, before being cut by Camille.
      "There was a problem s–Alez. The scouting men came across numerous wandering soldiers, General-President soldiers, beyond our controlled territory." He commented, the man with the paper rolled it out on to the table for all men currently in the room to see.
      "It's incomplete." Alez snarled, backhanding a pile of paper near himself to the ground, sheets of paper sprawling out everywhere. The two newcomers traded anxious stares before Alez let out a frustrated sigh with a hand to the bridge of his nose. "I'm fine, we're fine. This is still useful. The map ends where President-General soldiers were contacted? Camille?"
      "Yes Alez."
      “Is this the only map?” Alez questioned, his voice still tense a bit raspy but now looking back to the three men. The old man pulled out a thick black pen from his table and stacks of papers. He turned his head back to Camille.
      “No sir, just a copy.” He replied, his voice a tad quieter then previously.
      “Excellent” Alez remarked as he carved out great black line across the map following where the surveyed area ended, the scraping of the marker against the paper ringing out across the now silent room. Once Alez finished he took several steps back, the black line going from the top to the bottom of the city map.

"Then this still gives us a rough indication of current front lines of the liberation of the city. If there were lone General-President men, we can safely assume they were attempting to survey the arena of battle themselves. But they held this city before it was even evacuated, why would they need multiple men out beyond the active front lines? They only have so many men at the old city hall building.."
      "Perhaps they are looking to find a hole in our defences?” Camille postulated, the three other men and women in the room turning to him. Camille bent over the map pulling out a Sitallian copper peso, the older lady frowned as she folded her arms – waiting for her turn to speak. “Whilst the General in the city hall has a portion of his men on Pezidenteza Street,” He began, sliding the coin from the town hall to Pezidenteza Street, then rummaging for a smaller silver peso he dropped it back at the city hall on the map, dragging it over several streets to the side. “The General sends out a secondary force to our flank, in hopes of breaking through to Pezidenteza.” He continued, moving both pesos into the street and towards the University. “And break through.” Camille concluded, swiping both pesos back into his pocket. He nodded to the lady, but before she could speak the whole room shook as dust sprinkled from the ceiling and a crack in the wall. The echoes of a second falling building – louder than before – erupted followed shortly by faint cheering. Alez shook his head, sighing and turning his attention to the lady.
      "They are desperate." The lady stated, her eyes squinted as the wrinkles on her face curled around. She was the oldest of the four, her salt and pepper hair that was more salt than pepper showed that well. "Before our men came together, my men fought at Papapietolia on the coast. They sent out men to find a clean route into the front lines. Week later, President tanks and heavy artillery arrived. Half my men were lost on a single day and we were forced to flee from the city. f*cking spineless men. Soon as they believe they might loose, they run to daddy Tario and-" The lady was cut off as a young man in a basic grey uniform burst into the room, breathing frantically. Alez's face burned red.
      "What in the damned Hell do you think you're doing?! What's your name division so I know who to smack later?" The old man roared towards the young boy.
      "Oyānci s-sir, the Ƶantico d-division! Alez, sir! I-its your son!" The man cried out, with Alez's face going from red to purple.
      "Well dammit boy! What Hell has he gotten himself into?!" He snarled, slamming a fist onto the table causing a single sheet of paper to flutter to the ground and Camille to flinch.
      "He's at the first aid camp, he got shot at th--" Once again, no one can get a single word out as Alez stormed past the boy and down a hallway, leaving the young man to the ire of the three men and women.
    • By San Castellino
      Name of the country : San Castellino
      Flag: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/769238897547804763/795944555022909460/drapeau_Republique_de_San_Castellino_-_NationStates.png
      Capital name: Gazallenoa
      Capital location: By the sea, ideally towards the south of the country and far from the borders.
      Culture: Mainly Iverican (therefore Spanish), a little French (this varies according to cities and regions) and very slightly Mayan.
      Climate: Tropical or equatorial for the seaside, desert for the interior of the country (ideally between 50 and 60% of the territory is desert).
      Factbooks : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=san_castellino/detail=factbook

History: (Attention : this history will maybe change in the futur !)
      The place was for a long time part of the Mayan civilization (I don't remember the equivalent), even though the different kingdoms of San Castellino were politically independent. Between 1500 and 1550, San Castellino was colonised by Ivérica. This was the beginning of the colonial era. In 1791, the San Castellinos obtained their independence and the Kingdom of San Castellinos was created. However, the kingdom was invaded by the French around 1830, which led to the death of the royal family and the great names of the nobility, as well as the flight of the nobles still alive in Ivérica and Eulycea. In 1848, San Castellino gained its independence for a second time and the Republic of San Castellino-Ferdinades was created. This collapsed following a nationalist coup d'état in 1936, followed by a terrible civil war for the next three years. The nationalists won and the Republic of San Castellino was created. Since then, the regime is still in place, but anger grows as high-ranking officials partied.
      (Normally, I forgot nothing.)
    • By Anatea
      I hope this topic is in the right section .-.
      Aaaanyway, here i am again for asking to our beloved and powerful @Orioni if would be possible to add some cities to my nation on Eurth's map and, about the last update, add some NPC nations that i need for the lore of Anatea
      About the map for the city & the NPC nations here you go:

If you need to read better the names of the cities here you go a detailed map of Anatea where you can read better the names in case of problems About the NPC nations here's the explanation for why they're here:
      Astarlia: this nation was part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, becoming indipendent after a civil war in 1014. From that year on the relations between the two nations were quite hostile, but after some time they began to become more friendly until they signed a defensive pact for themselves, helping each other in any possible way. The relation between them would be similiar to the one between UK and USA. Ex Ruthenian nations (New Ruthenia, Casma, Lybadev and Pyrr): once part of the Federal Republic of Ruthenia (really similiar to Yugoslavia), after the Dalstavian War they become indipendent, changing their type of government after years under a bloody dictatorship. They are an important part of Anatea's lore due to the fact that the ruthenian invasions in the Classical & Post-Classical Era conquered Ruthenia and the Dalstavia region (once part of Anatea in the same Age), also the Dalstavian War is an important part of the history of Anatea because it will begin the subplot of Anatea about who was really behind the entire conflict (hinted in "In the Shadow" chapter) and the beginning of Anatea being a not isolationist nation anymore. Azuria: once part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, it will become indipendent (WIP about why & when) and later on an hostile nation towards Anatea & Astarlia, triggering the defensive pact that the two nations have (WIP about why & when). Before the end of 2021, a war between Anatea & Astarlia VS Azuria will break out, resulting in the invasion of the nation and then in its splitting (showed in the map) and annexation (similiar to what happened to Germany after WW2). Illirea: even this nation was part of Anatea in the Classical & Post-Classical Era, but then it was conquered by Zastov in the 1600s. Later on will become indipendent by Zastov togheter with Yustov and it will be peacefully annexed by Anatea for protection with the upcoming tensions between Anatea and Zastov and for return to be one thing with Anatea. Zastov: a really important nation for the lore of Anatea. It's a far-right nation masked as a democracy. It will be involved in various part of Anatea's lore, beginning with a war in the 1600s which will take Illirea from Anatea, and then it will fight once again Anatea in the "Ruthenian War" in 1860 [Ruthenian War= Zastov, being landlocked, tried to attack and conquer Ruthenia (the weakest nation in the region) for have an outlet to the sea for commercial reasons, but a coalition composed by Anatea, Ruthenia, Astarlia and Erastia will prevent Zastov to reach the sea, protecting Ruthenia and winning the war (similiar to the Crimean War)]. In the modern age it will become a rival of Anatea after the fall of Azuria and there will be some tensions, just to create some interesting rps in the future. Erastia: a kingdom in the southern part of Aurelia. It will be involved in the "Ruthenian War" along with Anatea and will have some peaceful relations with Anatea. Yustov: once part of Zastov, it will become independent and then will be annexed peacefully by Anatea for protection against Zastov. Ostav: an island Union, it will become important in the modern age with the "Clear War" (1923-1925), the first war in which Anatea will use airplanes and will understand the importance of air superiority. This war is important because it's the first war in the South Aurelian region in which no civilians were harmed (because the conflict was fought primarily in the sea, and with the sole use of aircrafts and ships). Nostromm: Not important, just a name that would fit to the nation Taygene: important nation in the lore of Anatea because it had an alliance with it. It will be the main trigger for the "Clear War", without fighting in the war. The end!
      The blueish color on Anatea and in some nations is the maximum extension of Anatea in the future rps, just to warn how much i want to expand Anatea (i will post the expansion ideas in the future and after i contributed to the region of course) and which NPC nations will be involved (probably around 2025/2026 the expansion would be completed :O).
      Thank you for reading!