The Foreign Office | Inter-Government Communications

HZSY97F.png

WELCOME TO THE FOREIGN OFFICE. HERE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DISPATCH COMMUNIQUES AND OTHER
MATERIAL TO THE ROYAL FAMILY AND/OR THE GALLAMBRIAN GOVERNMENT.

• 1 year later...

FF2GAwK.jpg

To: His Majesty's Government of the Kingdom of @Gallambria

From: the Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia Arhomaion

Your Excellencies,

It will have not slipped the notice of the His Majesty's Government of Gallambria that the Exousiokrateia ton Gharon, the Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex, has stepped up rhetoric about pirates operating in the Amnalos Thalassa, the Amnalos Sea. As yet, my government has yet to ascertain whether there has actually been an increase in piracy or whether this is little more than a justification for the Gharoi to step up their naval presence in that sea, due to the location of their colony of Zharr in north-western Azania and what appears to be a desire to exercise more control over the sea.

Either way, this affects both of our nations. From the point of view of Arhomaneia, the Amnalos Thalassa is a key sea lane into and out of central Europa and any one nation in control of it may be able to threaten the movement of trade into central Europa, or even naval vessels. And, I imagine, from the point of view of the Kingdom of Gallambria, a certain nation in control of that same area of sea would threaten contact with your nation's protectorate of Bashan. I also know that Gallambria has seen a drop in relations with that nation since the occupation and subjugation of Koussoeia.

To this end, I am suggesting that our nations cooperate with an anti-piracy operation in the Amnalos Thalassa. If piracy is becoming an issue in the area, then an increased naval presence will dissuade them from acting against shipping. If it is merely a pretence to allow the Gharoi to justify a larger naval force in the area, then an increased naval presence of our own will remind the northern barbarians that it is not a body of water for their own exclusive use.

The Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion has suggested a multinational anti-piracy operation to the Gharoi. They have have declined the offer of cooperation in the area, wishing to go it alone and not involve other nations. Especially from the New Wurld. This is most certainly a shame, as Arhomaneia remains an ally of the Gharoi and this could well have been an opportunity to begin to break down the ill feeling that has been built up in recent years. It is felt by my government that this suggests the reports of an increase in piracy in the Amnalos Thalassa may not be wholly accurate.

Our nations can use the fact that Arhomaneia is a member of the Partnership for Peace to help justify any joint operation in the area. It may also be a good opportunity for the Basilikoploimon and the Royal Gallambrian Navy to work along side each other, as this is not something our forces have done often the past, other than the recent actions in and around Ceris.

I hope that we can come to some agreement on the matter and my government is keen to hear any thoughts or ideas yours might have on this topic.

May God grant us strength in these trying times,

Eugenios Goulielmos

Megas Logothetes

of the

Logothesion ton Barbaron

of the

Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion

8Z86LUx.png

TO: Eugenios Goulielmos, Logothesion ton Barbaron, Megas Agios Basileia ton Arhomaion (@Tagmatium Rules)

Mr Goulielmos,

On behalf of the Prime Minister and the Gallambrian Government, I would like to thank you for reaching out to us.

During my first meeting with the Defence Committee, we discussed the on-going security issues within the region, including aspects of the ongoing situation in Ceris and the North Adlantic. One particular point that was brought up was the the potential for areas such as the Amnalos and Kataigidon Seas becoming flashpoints for potential disputes over maritime sovereignty.

The Prime Minister and the National Security Council, have agreed that the Amnalos Sea plays particular interest to Gallambrian regional security, and would like to explore the potential for both of our military's to work together to bring about stability and security to our region.

Yours,

Hon. Paul Vincent
Secretary of State for Defence