Jump to content

SIMH Foreign Affairs Teletype


Haruspex
 Share

Recommended Posts

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Iverican Executive Ministry and the Cámra Nasional & The @Gallambrian Government

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium

The rules of war are being applied. Enemy combatants as dictated by this law is being adhered to. Those who surrender, shall be redirected to holding facilities (re-education camps) until such a time they can be dealt with. All prisoners and conditions will be available to observers should they wish to be deployed. The Christian heretics shall be purged from our holdings and those that we are acquiring, this is the mandate of the Emperor and the will of the citizenry of the Imperium.

However the Emperor has, perhaps acted rashly and in haste, we have not always had the best relationship with those far beyond the borders of the Occidental Region, and while what we do may seem harsh, it is for the better. These heretics have no place in our lands, and if they cannot be sent elsewhere, where do you expect them to be, if they cannot be here? For all intents and purposes the Arhomaneian's cannot take them, even now we see the protests by their own people, and they are heretics to they as well. However, by the will of the Emperor, he grants your governments access and so it is done. 

Therefore, so as to placate the international community and the governments receiving this missive, we shall allow the following;

Observers from Iverica and Gallabria to both occupied and combat zones within the northern territories. 

 

Edited by Haruspex (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HZSY97F.png

 

TO: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), @Haruspex
FROM: Office of the Foreign Secretary, Foreign & Dominions Office

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

While, the Gallambrian Government appreciates the offer to allow observers from both @Iverica and Gallambria, we cannot bow to this inadequate masquerade of diplomacy. The demands as stated in the ministerial release dated 20 OCT 19, clearly states that we expect your nation to cease all hostile and discriminate activities against any and all minorities in your country.

I've been directed by the Prime Minister and member's of the Cabinet, to make the following demands of the Haruspex Government.

  1. Initiate the release of ALL Christian refugees currently detained in "re-education camps", to the care of willing nations within 6 weeks of receipt of this transmission;
  2. Cease combat operations against those in the northern territories. The Gallambrian Government will facilitate peace talks between the two parties. This shall happen immediately.

Failure to meet these demands within the given timeframe(s), shall see the Gallambrian Government and her willing allies, undertake a maritime blockade against all vessels, civilian and naval, registered in or operated by the Haruspex nation. Such actions will have severe, if not, dire consequences, not only for the people of Haruspex, but the Government as well. Any attempts by Haruspex vessels to defeat such a blockade will end with military intervention.

Your government may say it's behaviour may be "for the best", the international community begs to differ. We have seen this discriminate behaviour before in the North Adlantic region already in our lifetime, we do not have, nor can we muster, the strength to bear such injustice again.

Sir, the Wurld waits, with bated breath.

 

Elliot Phillips
Foreign Secretary

/END

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8Pu6bXD.png

---

To: The offices of The Third Circle, Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth

From: Office of the Foreign Minister, Desdemona Tomas-Morra

 

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

 

The Republic is pleased that you have chosen a diplomatic course in this affair. We applaud the opening of the Northern Territories to our state and non-government observers and hope that this is but the first step in seeing this issue resolved with civility. Vicelord, you have asked the question, "where do you expect them to be, if they cannot be here?". While I renew my assertion that, "should you open channels with the Christian and Tacolic nations of Eurth, I can guarantee that many will gladly accept whatever number they can take".

Lo Vicelord, I answer your query with the pledge of nations. True to the faith in their goodwill, the nations of Eurth such as the @Sancti Imperii Catholico, the Kingdom of @Seylos, and Het Huisselant @Variotahave pledged support to an operation that will see both our parties satisfied and with no further need to suffer the other's attentions. Likewise, a representative from the Empire of Tagmatium (@Tagmatium Rules) has reassured my office that they have not halted their asylum of your scorned Christians. 

As is evident, this coalition is prepared to see that no Christian remains to darken your hearth again. Within the next 30 days to however long it might take, the coalition members are prepared to assemble and launch a humanitarian task force bound for your shores that will see the extraction of as many Christians as possible from your tender care. If your government can grant the task force members--and the many more who still pledge support--express guarantees of safety while this undertaking proceeds, we would be only too happy to begin our preparations.

 

Sincerely,

Desdemona Tomas-Morra

Foreign Minister, L'República Iverica

 

---

 

OOC: Regardless of what exchange might be had with Gallambria, this letter and its contents stands as part of a bilateral dialogue between Haruspex and Iverica.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gallambria said:

HZSY97F.png

 

TO: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), @Haruspex
FROM: Office of the Foreign Secretary, Foreign & Dominions Office

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

While, the Gallambrian Government appreciates the offer to allow observers from both @Iverica and Gallambria, we cannot bow to this inadequate masquerade of diplomacy. The demands as stated in the ministerial release dated 20 OCT 19, clearly states that we expect your nation to cease all hostile and discriminate activities against any and all minorities in your country.

I've been directed by the Prime Minister and member's of the Cabinet, to make the following demands of the Haruspex Government.

  1. Initiate the release of ALL Christian refugees currently detained in "re-education camps", to the care of willing nations within 6 weeks of receipt of this transmission;
  2. Cease combat operations against those in the northern territories. The Gallambrian Government will facilitate peace talks between the two parties. This shall happen immediately.

Failure to meet these demands within the given timeframe(s), shall see the Gallambrian Government and her willing allies, undertake a maritime blockade against all vessels, civilian and naval, registered in or operated by the Haruspex nation. Such actions will have severe, if not, dire consequences, not only for the people of Haruspex, but the Government as well. Any attempts by Haruspex vessels to defeat such a blockade will end with military intervention.

Your government may say it's behaviour may be "for the best", the international community begs to differ. We have seen this discriminate behaviour before in the North Adlantic region already in our lifetime, we do not have, nor can we muster, the strength to bear such injustice again.

Sir, the Wurld waits, with bated breath.

 

Elliot Phillips
Foreign Secretary

/END

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Gallambrian Government

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium

As of this moment, the Imperial Navy Command has set the status to Danger-3, all craft are hereby alerted, and will be on combat active concerning any vessel bearing your nation's flag. 

Any attempt that you make to detain any vessel of the Imperium Navy or its civilian craft shall be considered an act of aggression and will be responded to in kind. You are warned this one and only time.

Your authority does not extend to us, nor do your morals or ethics. Your demands and veiled threats behind them are of little concern. That you do take arms and action, will be at your own risk, and of your own making. The consequences of such, also your own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Iverica said:

8Pu6bXD.png

---

To: The offices of The Third Circle, Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth

From: Office of the Foreign Minister, Desdemona Tomas-Morra

 

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

 

The Republic is pleased that you have chosen a diplomatic course in this affair. We applaud the opening of the Northern Territories to our state and non-government observers and hope that this is but the first step in seeing this issue resolved with civility. Vicelord, you have asked the question, "where do you expect them to be, if they cannot be here?". While I renew my assertion that, "should you open channels with the Christian and Tacolic nations of Eurth, I can guarantee that many will gladly accept whatever number they can take".

Lo Vicelord, I answer your query with the pledge of nations. True to the faith in their goodwill, the nations of Eurth such as the @Sancti Imperii Catholico, the Kingdom of @Seylos, and Het Huisselant @Variotahave pledged support to an operation that will see both our parties satisfied and with no further need to suffer the other's attentions. Likewise, a representative from the Empire of Tagmatium (@Tagmatium Rules) has reassured my office that they have not halted their asylum of your scorned Christians. 

As is evident, this coalition is prepared to see that no Christian remains to darken your hearth again. Within the next 30 days to however long it might take, the coalition members are prepared to assemble and launch a humanitarian task force bound for your shores that will see the extraction of as many Christians as possible from your tender care. If your government can grant the task force members--and the many more who still pledge support--express guarantees of safety while this undertaking proceeds, we would be only too happy to begin our preparations.

 

Sincerely,

Desdemona Tomas-Morra

Foreign Minister, L'República Iverica

 

---

 

OOC: Regardless of what exchange might be had with Gallambria, this letter and its contents stands as part of a bilateral dialogue between Haruspex and Iverica.

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Iverican Executive Ministry and the Cámra Nasional, @Sancti Imperii Catholico, the Kingdom of @Seylos, Het Huisselant @Variota, and @Tagmatium Rules

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium

Following issues with the Gallambrian Government, the Ministry of Interior and that of the Foreign Affairs Ministry welcomes the coalition of nations that have opted to intervene as it were, in this affair. Your nations participants and of the others mentioned, will have complete cooperation from our taskforce in the north, concerning the removal of the Christian's via whatever method is deemed best suited for such. You are aware of the previous attempt via the train system, which while effective to a degree, is not the most suitable option for such. The strain on both personnel and our southern neighbor, despite their claims to acquire this religious byproduct.

However, as of this missive, the trains will begin to run again, heading towards the Chimera Transfer Station before the border turn about to continue moving this chattel to their new location.

The forces of the 283rd Legionnaires 'Mzil Velven' Motor Rifle Regiment, 15th Legionnaires 'Renor Xukuth' Motor Rifle Regiment, and the 97th Sargtlin Armored Corps occupy the rail and commercial port of Ulusk near our border with the Cussian territories. Under the command of General Riksha Valk Sargtlin, the port has been occupied nearly from the start. The rail line leads towards our current deployment area, this would be the best entry point for your coalition, and it would not startle the other regiments currently active in other sectors if an unknown force were to just..appear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TO: The Sovereign Imperium of Machina @Haruspex

FROM: The Kingdom of Seylos

emblem.png

The Kingdom accepts your offer for a humanitarian evacuation of the Cussian peoples. While Seylos in the strongest terms does not agree with or condones these actions, we believe it is the duty of our nation to assist those most in need. We have dispatched a transport fleet to the port of Ulusk in order to secure the refugees for the journey back to Seylos. The following is the list of ships making the immediate journey to the Cussian territories.

Escort Fleet:

HMS Ardent

HMS Argos

HMS Fairfax

HMS Sark

Transport Fleet:

HMS Terra Firma

HMS Cross

HMS Grace

SS Seabreaze

SS Harmony

SS Diversion

 

The HMS Terra Firma is an Amphibious Warfare vessel that will be disarmed before entering Cussian waters and is present as only another transport vessel as well as to ease the logistics of moving people to and from the ships. The Cross and Grace are both unarmed hospital ships that will lend aid to and transport refugees. The transport fleet's escorts will discontinue their escort mission and wait outside of Cussian waters until the transport fleet's return.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HZSY97F.png

 

TO: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), @Haruspex
CC: @Iverica Foreign Ministry, @Seylos Foreign Ministry
FROM: Office of the Foreign Secretary, Foreign & Dominions Office

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

After consultation with members of the Coalition to provide relocation to the Christian refugees, we will not be pursuing any form of blockade against Haruspex civil and naval maritime vessels.

While we consider the actions by the Haruspex Government to be of a questionable nature, we need to ensure that our actions don't not return the region to a state of war.

At the request of the Coalition, we will be providing assistance with both air and land transportation, as well as the necessary security to those vessels participating in the evacuation and transport of refugees. The Prime Minister has also expressed her willingness to send observers from both the Gallambrian Armed Forces, Gallambrian Federal Police as well as the Foreign and Dominions Office's, Refugee and Humanitarian Affairs Directorate.

 

Elliot Phillips
Foreign Secretary

/END

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Haruspex said:

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Iverican Executive Ministry and the Cámra Nasional, @Sancti Imperii Catholico, the Kingdom of @Seylos, Het Huisselant @Variota, and @Tagmatium Rules

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium

Following issues with the Gallambrian Government, the Ministry of Interior and that of the Foreign Affairs Ministry welcomes the coalition of nations that have opted to intervene as it were, in this affair. Your nations participants and of the others mentioned, will have complete cooperation from our taskforce in the north, concerning the removal of the Christian's via whatever method is deemed best suited for such. You are aware of the previous attempt via the train system, which while effective to a degree, is not the most suitable option for such. The strain on both personnel and our southern neighbor, despite their claims to acquire this religious byproduct.

However, as of this missive, the trains will begin to run again, heading towards the Chimera Transfer Station before the border turn about to continue moving this chattel to their new location.

The forces of the 283rd Legionnaires 'Mzil Velven' Motor Rifle Regiment, 15th Legionnaires 'Renor Xukuth' Motor Rifle Regiment, and the 97th Sargtlin Armored Corps occupy the rail and commercial port of Ulusk near our border with the Cussian territories. Under the command of General Riksha Valk Sargtlin, the port has been occupied nearly from the start. The rail line leads towards our current deployment area, this would be the best entry point for your coalition, and it would not startle the other regiments currently active in other sectors if an unknown force were to just..appear.

8Pu6bXD.png

---

To: The offices of The Third Circle, Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, Machina @Haruspex

From: Office of the Foreign Minister, Desdemona Tomas-Morra

 

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

 

On behalf of the Republic, I express gladness that civility has prevailed. The cooperation of your armed forces is also most appreciated.

In order to expedite this operation, the coalition wishes to make as much use of rail transport to Tagmatine territories in conjunction with our efforts in the port of Ulusk. Operation leaders shall be in contact with your office and you port authorities to ensure a safe and orderly process. Signals, IFF, and other measures of maritime diligence shall be sent in a separate data packet. Coordination between coalition units and your authorities shall be maintained throughout this operation on a more individual basis.

The Executive Ministry of the Republic wishes to see this issue resolved with speed and without incident. May this event bring an end to the grievances in those territories.

 

Sincerely,

Desdemona Tomas-Morra

Foreign Minister, L'República Iverica

 

---

OOC: the necessary OOC Planning thread for this RP has been created

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Iverican Executive Ministry and the Cámra Nasional, @Sancti Imperii Catholico, the Kingdom of @Seylos, Het Huisselant @Variota, and @Tagmatium Rules

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, on behalf of the Emperor of the Sovereign Imperium

Subject: Security and Transportation

The Emperor has decreed that Fleet-Lord Kaorin will be the representative of the military command, the imperial court, and direct authority concerning the coalition of nations arriving as coordinators for the massed evacuation of the Christian refugees. She will be present at the port of Ulusk, operating a command facility with a direct line to the Imperial Army Defense Command. 

General Farin of Department B Ehdaneun-ECC has sent estimates of a census done some years before the collapse of Christians, accounting for famine, ethnic violence, and so forth prior to our annexation. Hamaii which has recently been occupied, has roughly thirty percent of this number as it was considered a freehold city-state before the collapse. 

The port is clear of any wreckage leftover from the collapse and has been cleared by our maritime forces as safe for vessels. This will include dormitories for coalition staff, with security of the port provided by the 1st Renor Elemmiire Legion, supplementing the regiments currently on the scene with additional troops, and logistical personnel. 

At current time, there is no airfield available, though there are three Imperial Army strike bases surrounding Ulusk that could accommodate limited numbers of civilian aerocraft. However, the HIL construction services regiments will redirect efforts to rebuilding two former Cussian aeroports within range. These would allow for large transport aircraft. 

For security reasons, coalition responders, observers and peacekeepers will be under direct security of the Imperial Army Task-force assigned to whichever sector they shall be in the field. Due to the harsh and volatile nature of the Green Zone (Unoccupied sectors that are considered the frontier), coalition personnel are advised to carry and or have their own security personnel in addition to Imperial legionary. 

In the Blue Zones (occupied territory), coalition security forces will be advised to carry permits and or remain unarmed as Imperial control is firm. 

Fleet-Lord Kaorin, has issued an Imperial Legion Edict concerning the flow of train services. Logistical personnel are currently at work repairing former Cussian transport trains to ferry refugees from Hamaii, while maintaining the flow from Karu Transfer Camp to the southern border of Arhomaneia. 

In conjunction with the Imperial Navy High Command, naval forces shall be positioned near the port and within territorial waters of the annexed territories of the North, maintaining discipline on the seas, and offering protection to any and all coalition vessels arriving or departing. Naval craft in the area can expect flyovers and heavy HIN presence within the area. As of this teletype, HIN-DOC (Haru Imperial Navy - Deployment Operations Command) will be transmitting orders to the 2nd Grand Ranke Fleet, the 4th Strike Fleet, and the 9th Litoral Patrol Fleet to deploy. HAD (Haru Aerospace Defense) air-groups are coordinating with the naval forces, and shall be committing to weather craft, sea patrol, and overland observation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

image.png

To: The offices of The Third Circle, Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth, Machina @Haruspex

From: The Office of the Foreign Minister, Desdemona Tomas-Morra

 

Vicelord Nize Kra'xuth,

 

Our investigation into the Cussian conflict and the refugee situation is now complete. Though before we share with you our findings and resolution, the Coalition must first outline one premise: that without a doubt our actions here, committed out of necessity in the face of your conquest have indirectly eased your occupation of the Cussian territories. The Coalition's sole intention was the protection of targeted Cussian Refugees. Inadvertently, this means that the Haru Government enjoys freedom from the obligation to secure, house, and feed them. Vicelord, thus far we have been successful in keeping this relatively tense operation free from undue strain. I am confident your prudence in stately matters will see this next phase peacefully completed.

 

Given the above premise, it should seem just that the Coalition request a fair contribution from your government. The investigations have found that the conditions in the refugee camps make them probable breeding grounds for threatening virions as triage stations are overloaded and unable to care for winter-brought illnesses on top of injuries sustained during the violence of the military operations. For whatever reasons, the detainment of Cussian Christians was no doubt the result of the invasion and occupation carried out by the Haru military. As we find ourselves now responsible for their wellbeing, the Coalition requests that the Haru Government supply the sovereign states hosting the refugees with the funds necessary to feed them, the funds necessary to cover the cost of critical medication for the injuries they have sustained during your conquest and/or their captivity, and the fuel necessary to speed their departure from the Cussian shores. We shall need enough of these funds and resources delivered to upkeep the needs for a 12 month period, which should see the refugees adequately settled. Whether shipped in bulk or at regular intervals is up to the methods of your logistical officers. Having understood the state of their previous handling, there is sense in asking that these necessities be given to aid their already difficult evacuation. I imagine that Haru's reputation for competent organisation should prove this contribution but a trifle. As opposed to the task your people may have once had of detaining and encamping them for years on end--a task that the Coalition has relieved you of. Additionally, this contribution would be more than fair, as the Haru no longer have to house, guard, and "re-educate" the Cussians on top of providing them victuals and lodging.

 

In full knowledge of the chain of causality that has led to this point, I urge you, Vicelord Kra'xuth, to retain this valuable line of productive communication with myself by sharing your perspective on this matter. I have great confidence that both parties involved in this event will see its fortunate conclusion.

 

We have attached a file bearing the estimates.

 

Sincerely,

Desdemona Tomas-Morra

Foreign Minister, L'República Iverica

 

Co-signed by the Representatives of @Salvia, @Gallambria, @Seylos, @Tagmatium Rules, @Variota

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

2Mqg4oN.jpg

To: The @Iverican Executive Ministry and the Cámra Nasional

From: The offices of The Third Circle (Foreign Affairs Ministry), via Duke Sias Hu'yan, on behalf of the Empress of the Sovereign Imperium

To whom this may concern in the Executive Ministry, Vicelord Nize Gra'kuth is no longer your point of contact via the Sovereign Imperium and by default, Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Kira'Karn. 

It is our Empress's response however that has been conveyed of the moment. In regards to provisions and so forth for the refugees that you and the coalition have taken it uponst themselves to transport to a new land of holding, the Empress in her wisdom towards a better future, has decreed that such is to be agreed upon. For the period of one year, the Sovereign Imperium shall send transports of the needed equipment, materials, foodstuffs, and so forth for the heretical refugees to build a new land, and survive it. 

This will be done in coordination with that of Baroness Beira Vek Elemmiire of House Vek Elemmiire head of The Fifth Circle [Social, Health and Population Services Ministry - SHPSM]. Through our sister ministry, in conjunction with that of the merchant guilds, we shall convey these products towards those displaced. 

As this is penned, the Merchant Guild House, Kunya Trade Authority, shall be making the first of many deliveries. We believe that two shipments a month, for the period of twelve months. Following the colonial manuscript, these vessels shall be of the 14,500 TEU displacement, similar sized vessels were used to build our Kaldana colonial holding, and this should prove sufficient to aid in the refugees in question over the course of a year

Duke Sias Hu'yan
The Third Circle [Foreign Affairs Ministry]

Baroness Beira Vek Elemmiire
House Vek Elemmiire
The Fifth Circle [Social, Health and Population Services Ministry - SHPSM]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...