Public votes on the map updates  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the new Antargis design?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Climate Gang Three: 4 Faster 4 Furiouser Last post, 17th of June. Yikes. Welp, time to get this show on the road. Since the previous post, the main push within the group is to get a complex glob

We've been talking in the Christian lore chat about closing the gap between Europa and Argis to make it easier (or, rather, not impossible) for groups to come across to Argis a bit earlier. If ei

👏 Climate Gang Update 2: Island Boogaloo 👏 NOTE: Everything in this post is NOT FINAL. It is meant to be discussed and changed, nothing here is finalised. NOTE 2: If you are involved in the 3rd

11 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

Great work!

Is the northern bit of Tagmatium now a semi-arid desert?

Yes. The temperature of the land is similar to that of the land surrounding it, but is in the rain shadow of your mountains. This means reduced precipitation (rain) thus reduced crop growth and overall vegetation.
(Also answered on Discord but others may have a similar question regarding their own semi-arids)

• Like 3
On 9/30/2020 at 1:48 AM, Haruspex said:

As I am more north than Tag, I am still experiencing the siberian climate-esque? I would prefer to keep this.

Of course!
Haruspex_and_Tagmatium.png

Here are three options I've designed, the first being the above climate map (3.4.3), with the other two being increasingly colder. However due to much of Haruspex being at the same latitude and similar geography to @Tagmatium Rules, there is a bit of a spill over. If you two can't agree on any of these versions I can make more versions or split the climates at your borders.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Metztlitlaca said:

Of course!
Haruspex_and_Tagmatium.png

Here are three options I've designed, the first being the above climate map (3.4.3), with the other two being increasingly colder. However due to much of Haruspex being at the same latitude and similar geography to @Tagmatium Rules, there is a bit of a spill over. If you two can't agree on any of these versions I can make more versions or split the climates at your borders.

The first one is probably for the best, wouldnt want our southern tea drinkers to complain more than they usually do, although I do rather fancy the second one.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Haruspex said:

The first one is probably for the best, wouldnt want our southern tea drinkers to complain more than they usually do, although I do rather fancy the second one.

Honestly, if that is the one you'd prefer, please do go for it!

I'm pretty easy and a semi-arid cold desert kind of makes me want to try to do something genuinely unique for once with the inhabitants of that environment :P

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

In December the Köppen climate map was used to create two simpler climate versions. I'm not sure which works best. So I could use some help. What is your opinion? Which improvements will help us?

The update of December 2nd included a test version with the only 5 simplified climate zones:

1. dark-green tropical regions
  2. yellow semi-arid steppe regions
  3. red arid desert regions
  4. green temperate regions
  5. white-ish polar regions

ngb6zLol.png

The update of December 30th included another attempt at some natural colours, with more intermediate colours.

laj9Aq9l.png

• Like 4
On 12/30/2020 at 1:29 PM, Orioni said:

In December the Köppen climate map was used to create two simpler climate versions. I'm not sure which works best. So I could use some help. What is your opinion? Which improvements will help us?

The update of December 2nd included a test version with the only 5 simplified climate zones:

ngb6zLol.png

The update of December 30th included another attempt at some natural colours, with more intermediate colours.

laj9Aq9l.png

Tough one!  Both have theirs pros.  The second one definitely looks better, in my opinion, but the first one comes with a big pro in that it shows political borders, which is pretty helpful.  I think I'd go with the first one, although I could have just as easily gone with the second as well. 

• Like 1

The Sanctum Imperium Catholicum
Through the Trinity, We Flourish

Factbook National Salvian Broadcasting Network Ministry of Foreign Affairs 

6 minutes ago, Salvia said:

The second one definitely looks better, in my opinion, but the first one comes with a big pro in that it shows political borders, which is pretty helpful.  I think I'd go with the first one, although I could have just as easily gone with the second as well. 

Thanks, Salvia for you feedback. It's easy to display the borders on top of any layer, and even change the colour. I'll keep that in mind.

• Like 2
On 12/30/2020 at 7:29 PM, Orioni said:

ngb6zLol.png

laj9Aq9l.png

i forgot about this 😧 Anyway, i super like the second more, but probably because it resembles better the ideas of which part is a desert, taiga etc... the first one is cool aswell, but the second is easily understandable even for those who don't know well how the Köppen climate maps work :D

• Like 2
  • Similar Content

• By Metztlitlaca
      'Ello Sir @Orioni.

After the December Prompts and the plans to move Metztlitlaca westward to allow for Oyus' Fearannteth, I have a couple requests for some new Metztlitlaca Cities.

● Movement of Altepetl Tekaken westward to remain near the centre of the country (and still the capital city).
      ● Adding the city of Azcapoƶinco / Azcapotzinco. Either version works as well as adding "Altepetl"
      ● Adding the city of Pomodoria City
      ● Adding Seylosian Kaseka. The city is going to play a semi-major role in the current Metztlitlaca expansion and as such having it's location on the map properly shown will be beneficial.

Hopefully this is not too cumbersome/late. Thank you :). 
    • By Haruspex
      (This factbook is a modification of the one available on the NS forums here: FB This version is with a reduced population figure, and has a more MT approach)

Welcome to the fact-book dossier on The Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex. We hope you will find all information you would like to know about our country here, and otherwise you can always send a communique through proper channels to that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
      The flag of the Haruspex is to portray what has happened and what will happen. The red shows the blood of the Haru that died protecting the Imperium. The black arrows and outline mean death of enemies that will spread like a plague. And the white outlines show the Haru spirit and honor. Another meaning for the white colors outlining the black arrows mean that the Haru are responsible for their enemies death. 
      First we start with a simple basic list on the country. It will continue with an overview of how our Government works. From houses to the advisory council and that of the Emperor.
      Full Name of Nation:
      The Sovereign Imperium of Machina Haruspex
      Short Name: 
      Machina Haruspex
      Local Name: 
      Haruspex
      Central Aeroport for Immigration and Visitation
      Prathen International Aerodome
      National Flower
      Trillium erectum of the Melanthiaceae family, 

from the order of Liliales (monocotyledonous flowering plants)
      Government Type:
      Imperialist Military Autocracy
      Ideological Stance: Neo-Epicurean
      Language: Haru-Dakat, English
      Religion: Dualism. Two faith types, that of 'Tyng Sudran' and 'Dra Crehehk Cuh' are used to form the chosen religion of the Haru-Dakat people.
      Race: Haru-Dakat (Homo seelie sapien)
      Nation Leader:
      * Kira'Karn Elemmiire - The Empress, Matriarch of the Nation.
      Senior Councilor:
      * Kaorin Huat Jargo Vlos - Advocate of the Emperess, Zero Circle - [HIS - Haru Intelligence Services]
      Council of the Nine, Heads of Government, Advisory to the Empress:
      * Thei'de Kantra Velven -  Eighth Circle [MRAA - Ministry of Religious Affairs and Applications]
      * Ajax Hur Elemmiire - First Circle [FTA - Ministry of Foreign Trade Affairs]
      * Kaorin Renor Vlos Elemmiire - Second Circle [SCMCC - Military Command and Control], and the [NIRC - Northern Imperial Military Command]
      * Tihun Xun - Fifth Circle [NCAC - Naval Command and Control]
      * Yasa Elemmiire Orn II - Sixth Circle [IOESM - Industrial Oversight and Environmental Services Ministry]
      * Sias Hu'yan - Third Circle [FAM - Foreign Affairs Ministry]
      * Aria Hallas Zun - Fourth Circle [MTSM - Medical Technology Services Ministry]
      * Ria Mel'Ana Velven - Seventh Circle [ECC - Imperium Security Services]
      * Beira Vek Elemmiire - Fifth Circle [SHPSM - Social, Health and Population Services Ministry]
      Judicial branch:
      Tribunal of Atonement (Supreme authority of the Tribunal is appointed by the monarch after designation by the council; all other officers of the Tribunal are appointed by the council)
      Government Addendum
      The Imperium is managed due to it's size of population, a traditional government would be overrun. As such, the many wards are in themselves overseen by a minor lord of the court, usually a Duke or Baron, and in turn each ward has a district which is overseen by either a high ranking House Minor Lord which is usually equivalent to a Count or a senior military officer.
      Each Ward comprises ten districts, and generally a city state has ten wards. While the city thus looks whole it is actually split into individual sections with each adding to the flow with their own agencies all working as one for the appearance and function of one entity.
      (Districts are numbered after specific ward, so if one were to visit. Their family or friend would say, I live in Chel de'Yorn Ward Hattusa, District 9 and then a numbered address within.)
      Chel de'Yorn Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end)
      Wards of Chel de'Yorn
      1. Hattusa
      2. Nemrut Dağı
      3. Pamukkale
      4. Xanthos
      5. Letoon
      6. Hierapolis
      7. Merv
      8. Urgench
      9. Kunya
      10. Nisa
      Horus Industries: (Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, medium to high technology research and development)
      Wards of Horus
      1. Khiva
      2. Samar
      3. Parth
      4. Kala
      5. Hui
      6. Nha-Ke
      7. Khaeng
      8. Huai Kha
      9. Ayutthaya
      10. Khao
      Perya Industries: (Naval Industries, Heavy Port Industries, Shipyard Construction, Logistical and Transport Services, Weapon Design and Research facilities, Kelp Farming and Growth Industries)
      Wards of Perya
      1. Polon
      2. Naruwa
      3. Sigi
      4. Riya
      5. Anurad
      6. Hapura
      7. Altai
      8. Baikal
      9. Alin
      10. Vigan
      Prathen Industries: (Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, Nuclear Power Research and Development, Hydroelectricty, General Agriculture, Heavy Industry. )
      Wards of Prathen
      1. Miag
      2. Thatta
      3. Uvs Nuur
      4. Orkhon
      5. Yasavi
      6. Nikkō
      7. Nara
      8. Svaneti
      9. Dja (pronounced Daa-sha)
      10. Nijia
      Osiris Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries.)
      Wards of Osiris
      1. Tso (pronounced Tssh-o)
      2. Como
      3. Tai
      4. Kahuzi
      5. Biega
      6. Okapi
      7. Salong
      8. Virun
      9. Aksum
      10. Fasil
      Ninas Terath Industries: (General Agriculture, Heavy Industry, Aerospace Industries, General to High end Scientific research and development. General to High end technology industries.)
      Wards of Ninas Terath
      1. Amhar
      2. Harar
      3. Omo
      4. Tiya
      5. Okand
      6. Volta
      7. Accra
      8. Central
      9. d'Ivoire
      10. Djenn
      Asake Industries: (Hydroponic Development, Nuclear Power Research and Development, Hydroelectricity, General Agriculture, Heavy Industry. )
      Wards of Asake
      1. Askia
      2. Ghat
      3. Aapravasi
      4. Mauritius
      5. Twyfel
      6. Ar
      7. Tnrai
      8. Osun
      9. Ossus
      10. Osog
      Na'Kem Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries.)
      Wards of Na'Kem
      1. Djoud
      2. Gorei
      3. Niok
      4. Koba
      5. Kuro
      6. Saleria
      7. Vymsa
      8. Cdnega
      9. Narius
      10. Nious
      Nal'Chek Industries: (General Agriculture, Heavy Industry, Aerospace Industries, Naval Industries, Kelp Harvesting Industries, General to High end Scientific research and development. General to High end technology industries, Oil Production.)
      Wards of Nal'Chek
      1. Kara
      2. Nain
      3. Syious
      4. Lanias
      5. Hallas
      6. Daist
      7. Balon
      8. Kos
      9. Ekatrina
      10. Kero
      Hades Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries.)
      Wards of Hades
      1. Aldabra
      2. Sterk
      3. Swartkr
      4. Krom
      5. Draai
      6. Klasies River
      7. Richter
      8. Sveld
      9. Draken
      10. Vredefort
      Khurba Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, Rubber, Steel, Iron, Oil Production.)
      Wards of Khurba
      1. Kili
      2. Kondoa
      3. Ngor
      4. Selous
      5. Seren
      6. Zanz
      7. Kouta
      8. Bwindi (literally Be Windy)
      9. Ruwen
      10. Zori
      Komsomolsk-na-Amure Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries.)
      Wards of Komsomolsk-na-Amure
      1. Tunya
      2. Mosi
      3. Trint
      4. Kastra
      5. Perafita Valley
      6. Madriu
      7. Claror
      8. Sanahin
      9. Hallstatt
      10. Dacht
      Harkon Industries: (Finance, Hydroponic Development, Poppy Production, General Agriculture, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, Textiles, Rubber, Steel, Iron.)
      Wards of Harkon
      1. Salzka
      2. Graz
      3. Wach
      4. Lake Neus
      5. Mir
      6. Nias
      7. Vizh
      8. Struve
      9. Solvay
      10. Mons
      Tver Industries: (Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, Oil Production.)
      Wards of Tver
      1. Mostar
      2. Mehmed
      3. Pasa
      4. Vi?egrad
      5. Madara
      6. Boyan
      7. Nese
      8. Kazanlak
      9. Pirin
      10. Rila
      Taganrog Industries: (Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, Textiles, Rubber, Steel, Iron)
      Wards of Taganrog
      1. Svesh
      2. Tari
      3. Dioc
      4. Tian
      5. Dubro
      6. Rovnik
      7. Basilica
      8. Trogir
      9. Siben
      10. Trogna
      Yaris Industries: (Synthetic Coolant Industries, Oil Production, Rubber, Steel, Iron, Textiles, General Meat Growth Industries)
      Wards of Yaris
      1. Choiro
      2. Koitia
      3. Paphos
      4. Krumlov
      5. Telč
      6. Kutn?
      7. Kroměř
      8. Litomy
      9. Olomouc
      10. Runic
      Ulan-Ude Industries: (Tourism, General Meat Growth, General, Refined, High Grade Agriculture, Synthetic Foodstuffs, Heavy Industry, Light Manufacturing.)
      Wards of Ulan-Ude
      1. Rosk
      2. Ilide
      3. Kron
      4. Helsa
      5. Tallinn
      6. Linnen
      7. Suomen
      8. De'Wyren
      9. Shade
      10. Schellsea
      Tambov Industries: (Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, General Meat Growth Industries, Textiles, Rubber, Steel, Iron)
      Wards of Tambov
      1. Yorn
      2. Scara
      3. Aiikon
      4. Kelbast
      5. Joor
      6. Petaja
      7. Verla
      8. Jaala
      9. Kvarke
      10. Amiens
      Belaya Industries: (Synthetic Coolant Industries, Oil Production, Rubber, Steel, Iron, Textiles, General Meat Growth Industries, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture)
      Wards of Belaya
      1. Arles
      2. Arc'et'Senans
      3. Stanislas
      4. Carrire
      5. Tau
      6. Lyon
      7. Provins
      8. Perret
      9. Skheta
      10. Skekzi
      Tiksi Industries: (Rubber, Steel, Iron, Textiles, General Meat Growth Industries, Refined Agriculture, Technology Low and High end, Heavy & Light Industries, Chemical Production, Scientific Research, Weapons Manufacturing, General Agriculture, Mineral Industries)
      Wards of Tiksi
      1. Svaneti
      2. Aachen
      3. Speye
      4. Delphi
      5. Athos
      6. Delos
      7. Mystra
      8. Hosios
      9. Nea Moni
      10. Aegean

Disputes - international: 
      The sovereignty dispute over the lands of Zharr, Ishakor, and the Midlands known in the Imperium as the "Western Territories" and in the Occident known as " Marmakite Territories," occupied by the nomadic tribes in 1980, now administered by independent factions and claimed by Machina Harusepx, remains the primary sticking point to signing a peace treaty formally ending hostilities; Machina Haruspex's unilaterally declared exclusive economic zone in the Ranke Sea, the site of intensive hydrocarbon prospecting.
    • By Metztlitlaca
      The Popoatli and it's tree are important to Metztlikua culture and society. So here is a rough profile of the Popoatli Tree and it's fruit.

Overview & Etymology:

Habitat:

The Popoatli Fruit: