War (?) in the Auraid Bay

@PyeMcGowan and @Alenveil

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that you are either considering or about to undertake an expansion into what is a player's nation, albeit an ex-player.

The RP Mod team does have a few qualms about this.

First off, it does need to be RPed properly and not done entirely via news posts. This gives other players the chance to intervene on what appears to be a relatively major war in the offing – after all, Theodoria is not just a blank spot on the map, but that of an old player. They may well not be a push over and some other nations may wish to get involved in some capacity, although that will be for you and anyone who does want to intervene to discuss. Interventions in this manner have a long regional history of happening and they have been very fun in the past. I do expect to see a thread made, rather than this being conducted via news posts only.

Secondly, it has been mentioned on Discord by myself and others that we kind of want to see more participation in the wider region before you consider an expansion. There are numerous threads you can get involved in and are open for you to do so. I appreciate that that this can seem a chicken and egg situation, but there are things you can do. Why not start your own thread? It could be as simple as a diplomatic meeting or a trade discussion with another country.

Thirdly, and this is aimed at PyeMcGowan, this “Auraid Bay Defence System”. Your own news post infers that it was put into place in September of 2018, although a quick scan of your threads does not seem to mention it before yesterday. Since you were active in the region in September 2018, it is a bit of an egregious inclusion, verging on a Godmod. It seems to be quite a big undertaking for a nation to have to just spring out of thin air – especially one that, you imply, can actively scan your entire border. I think it will need some clarification in an OOC as to precisely what it is and what it does. Even if it is “just” a load of radar stations, they'll still be damn expensive and require a lot of manpower. Similarly, your carrier sprang from nowhere. These are things that kind of need groundwork set out for them, since they are very expensive and resource heavy. They can't just be done retroactively.

Thanks in advance,

Tag

My suggestion would be for @PyeMcGowan and @Alenveil to first RP a diplomatic meeting between their governments before doing anything in Theodoria. This would give them the chance to expand on their alliance and to formulate a better reason for going to war. You could also help one another with financing this conflict, since bolstering your armed forces and warfare are quite expensive. Furthermore, I agree completely with @Tagmatium Rules that more activity is needed to justify a potential expansion, so something like this would make it more acceptable to the mods.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:14 AM, Sunset Sea Islands said:

My suggestion would be for @PyeMcGowan and @Alenveil to first RP a diplomatic meeting between their governments before doing anything in Theodoria. This would give them the chance to expand on their alliance and to formulate a better reason for going to war. You could also help one another with financing this conflict, since bolstering your armed forces and warfare are quite expensive. Furthermore, I agree completely with @Tagmatium Rules that more activity is needed to justify a potential expansion, so something like this would make it more acceptable to the mods.

Such a meeting would be more about setting the stage for the war and an eventual, in the future expansion. It shouldn't count towards justifying the expansion itself, otherwise people could potentially earn an expansion by setting up the expansion and so forth, essentially a never-ending circle of expansion. 

I am taking @Variota and @Sunset Sea Islands' points into consideration. Maybe a postponing of the eventual war could occur and this current diplomatic meeting could, instead, be an economic meeting of some kind. Raising or lowering certain tariffs on goods, adding exports and imports to the roster, etc. 

I also have a regular roleplay planned for the discovery of the Aresi Stone, mentioned in my newsroom. It will involve deciphering the Aresi Stone and its contents, as well as finding out how to work out Kogaanzul IC. This roleplay is being currently written and will likely be released in the coming days.

@PyeMcGowan Another ping for your information. If there's an expansion going in, then it should be clearly announced. Otherwise, you're putting in the effort for nought and that would be disappointing. So reach out if you and @Alenveil require assistance with this and I'm sure we can figure it out.

For reference: see these rules regarding expansion.

Hi, @Orioni

The expansion would probably be ideal, but we're postponing it until Matteo Arlotta and The Aresi Stone takes off. That can also be used to increase "tension" between the nations and give more of a reason for the war itself, as well as work out the kinks of the expansion.