The Front Desk

Variota

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Kingdom of Ateenia

Government type of nation: Elective Absolute Monarchy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Ateenian (inspired by old norse and germanic cultures.)

Give us a short description of your nation: The Kingdom of Ateenia is an elective absolute monarch where the monarch holds complete power but upon his death a new monarch is elected from his dynasty by the jarls and earls of Ateenia. The Jarls and Earls form the Konráðið which collectivly makes decisions on internal matter if such decisions affect more then one earldom or jarldom. The Monarch can overrule the Konráðið but rarely does so. Ateenia is a very cold and rocky land with people that value traditions and the lands they live on. Ateenians can often be xenophobic which is why immigration is restricted and tourism is limited. The Ateenian economy is based off of free market that is regulated by the government. The people of Ateenia follow the state religion Vjoldinism.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: not yet

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?  I have years of experience in RPs however only the last RP, which i only have a year experience in, was actualy realistic and had a proper system

How would you describe yourself? Im very good at understanding realism and i often make my RP as realistic as i possibly can. I am however often limited by my language barrier due to english not being my primary language. I am very interested in old norse and proto germanic culture and mythology, i am also interested in global politics where my political views are conservative which may occasionaly conflict with someone else's political views.

RP/Writing samples (if available already):

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes, i wish to know about the lore and what has already happened. I also wish guidance in RP.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I want to participate in its epic looking RP which is a rarity in Nation States

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: Not in this region

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. yes, i joined NS 3-4 years ago and back then i didnt have political views which is why my first region was Wintercrest which i left only a year ago after it was clear that i dont like being in a communist region when my views are completly opposite of theirs. Before coming here there were a bunch of other regions i also tried but didnt feel at home.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? NO

Anything else?: nah

Providing any falsified or deliberately misleading information will result in your application being rejected and your access to the forum revoked. By submitting this form, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the community and RP rules of this community. Any breach thereof may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to revoking of forum posting rights, banning from the forum, removal of regional citizenship, and ejection from the region.

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Democratic Republic of Mazdia

Government type of nation: Direct Democracy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Hispanic

Give us a short description of your nation: Mazdia is a small nation of 6 million, with an average economy. It's main focus is shifting the bulk of the income from door-to-door sales, to information technology and arms manufacturing. It was uninhabited until 1992.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? I have been in a military RP for 2 months where I practiced my longform style.

How would you describe yourself? I am a longform writer and prefer longform aswell—a lot of atmosphere, visuals and details (like a movie), but I can adapt to snappy dialogues if my partner wants something fast-paced.

This is the desc. of the origin of Mazdia

It was 2AM, the winter of 1992 when the body of Lambert Fawning hit the ground. The hunt for the druglord was finally over on the uninhabited peninsula, now known as Mazdia. No one knows which nation sent its Special Forces, but surely it was from someone beyond the region.

Teams of geologists arrived few weeks after the demise of Lambert, and found the peninsula fit to support civilizati

And so it began - with wealthy businessmen buying coastal properties as a vacation, then the big names like Marriott became magnets for tourism.

Some made it their home, some commercialized farming inland via river Lyre. The economy was crawling steadily, until 2001 - when it hit gold in the northern borders. This shot the economy graph almost vertically and made it self-sufficient enough to build city-scale infrastructure.

To entice the common man to make Mazdia their home, tech giants opened shop here - with an influx of employees, making this nation a Silicon Valley of the region.

With enough population and a stable economy, Mazdia declared itself independent, democratic, and a republic nation in 2001.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? No

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: i wanted to RP in a region that has a modern lore, along with a few writing prompts to build it.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. No

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Yes I already am a member

YOUR RP NATION
Full Name of Nation: Stedorian People's Republic
Government type of nation: Federal dominant-party republic/Hybrid regime (Regime with a dominant power syndrome)
Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Stedorian, with an Alzian minority (Stedorian names and such are based off Hungarians, whilst the language spoken is Volapük (Stedorian). Alzians speak Esperanto (Alzian), and their culture is based on the French.)

Give us a short description of your nation: Stedoria is small-sized nation of approximately 15 million inhabitants. Previously ruled by an absolute monarch, the toppling of the monarchy a decade ago brought sweeping changes to Stedoria and its society. Revolutionary fervour has been maintained since the revolution, and Stedorians are fiercely nationalistic and dedicated to the principles of revolutionary republicanism, neutrality, and equality. Since the revolution, the nation's former religion has been abandoned and outlawed, and replaced with a quasi-religious, atheistic philosophy known as Täläktim ("Reasonism/Philosophy of Reason"). With the outbreak of the Stedorian Revolution, the nation's strong economy collapsed, though since the revolution, it has slowly been improving. The nation's main exports consist of natural gas, grain and products, and silver. The nations coast is covered with plains, and it is where much of the nations farming takes places. Further inwards, the plains turns to forests, where Stedoria's small but growing lumber industry is starting to thrive. Even more inwards, the nations becomes heavily mountainous; this is where much of Stedoria's natural gas and silver are extracted, and these industry employ the small population who lives within this area of the country. 
Do you have an IIWiki page?: No, but I plan to begin the process of making one.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?: New. I've done it sporadically in some online war games such as Supremacy 1914 and Call of War a few years ago, but nothing serious.

How would you describe yourself?: I would generally describe myself as a decent writer. I feel that whilst explaining, I use a suitable amount of detail for what it is when explaining, although I feel that there is room for improvement. The main area that I find I have difficulty is in the creation of stories and ideas on which to base a story on; without I prompt of some sort, the difficulty for me increases by a fair amount.

Description of the Communist Party of Serdaristan, one of my other countries on NationStates:

The Communist Party of Serdaristan was founded on August 3rd, 1927, shortly after an internal stock market crash within the Serdish economy, known today simply as the "Economic Catastrophe". Although there had been communist movements within Serdaristan before the founding of the party, many were disorganized and heavily divided, but this changed after the birth of the Soviet Union, resulting in the many communist groups coming together and after years of negotiations and political discussion, forming their own political party. As homelessness and poverty skyrocketed during the Economic Castastrophe, the party gained more and more support, with help by Soviet funding. With the economy in shambles and many in poverty, it was able to gain popular support by promising strong welfare policies, wealth redistribution, and the nationalization of large Serdish monopolies. Although the party was never able to secure a majority during any election, it formed coalitions with left-wing parties on multiple occasions, and was able to secure itself as the nation's largest opposition party in parliament after the 1930 elections. With the stabilization of the economy shortly after the 1930 elections, the party's support started waning as many Serdaristanis were lifted out of poverty. Thereafter, the party continually secured small amount of seats within parliament, never getting close to their 1930 election results. When the Republican Party came to power in the 1962 elections, the Communist Party and its members were heavily persecuted, resulting significant declines in support until the party was finally officially banned in 1964. When the Serdish Civil War broke out in the 1964, the party and its supporters were quick to back Petrov Serdar's forces receiving a sudden influx of support by discontent citizens. After Petrov's victory, the party was officially unbanned by the new pro-Soviet Serdish government. The party acted as a de jure opposition party within parliament, again winning only small amounts of seats, although in reality it was virtually supportive of all the government's actions. After the democratization of Serdaristan in 2005, the party finally started becoming critical of the government in aspects of social welfare and workers' rights. Despite the party being critical at times, it has frequently formed confidence and supply agreements with the National Institutional Party of Workers, and continues to largely work with them. The party today receives broad support throughout the country, thought its largest bases of support are in the Jopili Territory and Autonomous State of Harq’ali.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here?: Yes, I would find it helpful in order to help me become accustomed the Eurth's wurld, along with any possible writing tips and advice.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I've used NationStates for quite a while just to mess around with, but I've never gotten active within any of its communities and such, thus I'd like to actually use my nation for something rather than just solely making decisions with.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it: No. Although I've had nations on NationStates for quite a while, I never engaged in any regions I was in or any forums.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly?: I'm not right now as one of my other nations already is, but once I get more active with this nation, I plan to join.

Anything else?: No thanks.

Providing any falsified or deliberately misleading information will result in your application being rejected and your access to the forum revoked. By submitting this form, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the community and RP rules of this community. Any breach thereof may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to revoking of forum posting rights, banning from the forum, removal of regional citizenship, and ejection from the region.

Edited by Stedoria
Adding description of Stedoria's climate/terrain (see edit history)

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Empire of Valbach

Government type of nation: absolute monarchy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: slavic with German influnces

Give us a short description of your nation: a small highly authoritarian  police state that is also very militaristic  

Do you have an IIWiki page?: no

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? not very much im just starting to get into it

How would you describe yourself? a guy who likes to roleplay do fun stuff invison and create wurlds sometimes and play games

RP/Writing samples (if available already): (contex this is a speech to a defensive alliance ) "well recently we have received reports that kaniso is pulling out diplomatically but contrary to those reports they had the Gaul to invade our territory in sunverdorn showing they have no qualm of attacking any nation this diplomatic pull out on the international scene could be implicative of a coming conflict be it a war civil war intervention in said case i will stand with you and i hope you will stand with us if any outside or internal faction dares intervene in our countries and i would like to say this is not a call to war but advise and warning to not trust the dogs of war of kaniso and who knows when their sights turn on one of us."

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here?  um yes it takes me a while to learn things by myself and i feel like i would be less prone to making any mistakes.

NATIONSTATES Why do you want to join this region?: becuase it looks very interesting and in depth and looks like a fun community

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?:  No

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. No 

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly: no i am not and currently not thinking about it

Anything else?: 

YOUR RP NATION
Full Name of Nation: The Kingdom of Vostau
Government type of nation: Constitutional Monarchy
Culture/ethnicity of your nation: I envision a mixture of Spanish and Slavic, with a conlang that I have not yet devised.
Give us a short description of your nation: A (to be diachronically created) nation comprising a number of distinct yet related ethnicities, and a long and proud military history, peaking in the Early Modern era and gradually on the decline since then. 
Do you have an IIWiki page?: No.

WRITING EXPERIENCE
How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? Moderate-High experience. I have been on NS off-and-on for ten years.
How would you describe yourself? Dedicated to storytelling and a degree of historical plausibility in my roleplaying. I enjoy working with others to create an expansive wurld. I enjoy good stories more than I enjoy 'winning'.
RP/Writing samples (if available already): My other nation, Ezmwalia, in a closed roleplay in II.
Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes please

NATIONSTATES
Why do you want to join this region?: The wurld sounds incredibly interesting and seems expansive in lore and community. 
Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: Not that I can recall. If I ever have, that would have been upwards of eight years ago.
Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I have been on NationStates off and on for 10 years. During that time, my RP experience has increased tremendously (from being very bad at the beginning). I enjoy fleshing out the cultures and histories of my nations, and I have always wanted to make a diachronically created nation in NS, just never really known where to start. If willing, I would love to do so here.
Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? My other nation, Ezmwalia, is, and I don't intend on having that nation CTE, so for the moment, no.
Anything else?: As mentioned prior, I wish to diachronically make my nation in this wurld. As such, some of the stats I have listed here are liable to change, if that is okay, and I will probably engage a lot more with the history of my area than the modern-day aspects until such time as a general timeline of events is sorted. If it is preferred that I do not diachronically make my nation, I can probably work around that, though I would prefer if I were able to. 

• 2 weeks later...

YOUR RP NATION Full Name of Nation: Bornon.

Government type of nation: Dictatorship.

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Austronesian.

Give us a short description of your nation: A kind dictator who is chosen by the people "democratically" and has been focusing on rebuilding and improving the nation. The motto of my nation is "Loyal to The People".

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Nope.

WRITING EXPERIENCE: I scored 6.5 on my IELTS Test, if that counts as writing experience.

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? This is the first time I join a region and a roleplay discord server.

How would you describe yourself? The type who would also try to roleplay as its character and try not to broke the rules.

RP/Writing samples (if available already): Nope.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? I guess so, if it doesn't bother you.

NATIONSTATES Why do you want to join this region? I plan on roleplaying and learning new things from this game.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators? Never.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I guess I used to have 2 nations, but I'm really inexperienced so all I know was fixing the nation's issues. I'm basically a noob.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? I don't even know what that is. If my nation can benefit from that, I want to try being a member.

Anything else?  Nope

Edited by Bornon
Just found out that my writing is actually 6.5 (see edit history)

All of my answers to the questions are in GREEN.

--YOUR RP NATION--

Full Name of Nation:

The Community Of Mozimo

Government type of nation:

Our Government is weird since we have our own type of government called the ‘Exovact Democracy’, an Exovact Democracy is a full Totalitarian democracy but also is a semi E-democracy government and a partially Social democracy with a multi-party system. There are six parties in the government which are the Halos (Democratic/Left-sided/Liberal), the Lightning (Republican/Right-sided/Conservative), the Flora (Green Party/Left-Sided/Liberal), the WomenI (Feminism/Usually Left but sometimes Right sided), the Nexo (Libertarianism/Right-sided), the LEADNations (Internationalism/Hard to say which side their on). There are more parties but those are usually unknown or have less followers but these six are the main ones.

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: 

Our ancestors were Scandinavian/Nordic and Indian but we have our own ethnic group called the Mozis which was created due to issues we had in Mozimo. For general use, we call our people and immigrants ‘Mozimoans’. Even though they came from the Scandinavian region and the Indian subcontinent (mostly from South India, Sweden, and Denmark), they were mostly primitives so we still keep their techniques with us everywhere we go.

Give us a short description of your nation:

Mozimo is a medium sized nation with caves, mountains, forests, and beaches. With a population around 280 million people, our vision and mission is to make the wurld happier and a better place than before. MZO has four smart cities including the capital of Mozimo, 7 port towns and cities, 2 major inland cities, and 12 airports (three major international airports and 9 domestic and regional airports). Our main focus is on Nature and equality of our people but we also focus on Peace and technology so our future generations could have very promising lives. Our nation was created/founded after a terrible series of wars and natural disasters that struck our civilization. There is still so much to learn as time goes on and Mozimoans are proud of that.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: 

No, I think I need to create one but I don’t know how.

--WRITING EXPERIENCE--

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?

I have role played before in many different places and games but I stopped about two-three years ago since I was very busy and had many important things to do in my life.

How would you describe yourself?

I would describe myself as a calm person who has always been interested in politics, countries, and culture.

I don’t have one on me yet but I just started writing a sample piece.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? 

Yes, I would appreciate it but I would like you to send a message using the telegram on NationStates since I can't get on the messages in the Eurth RP/Forum website.

--NATIONSTATES--

Why do you want to join this region?:

I joined this region because it was active and had many amazing qualities from the RP community. I also wanted to try something new because two years ago I joined the Conch Kingdom in NationStates which I disliked.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?:

No, I never had trouble with any moderators.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it.

Yes, I have prior experience in NationStates three years ago where I joined as a different country and I had around 300 or 400 million people. I really didn’t join a region or didn't do any role play until four to six months later where I joined Conch Kingdom where I was active for two months role playing. About three months later, I deleted my nation from inactivity since I had important things to complete in my life during that time.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly?

Yes, I’m currently a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly.

Anything else?:

No, I have nothing else to say but here are some of our national symbols and our geographical features. Also, any government officials that come to our nation will get a wonderful package that features a resort and a tour.

National Animal: Sea Otters

National Food: Beauis (a meal that has a mix of Indian and Scandinavian food such as Idli, Butter Chicken, Gravlax, Smorrebrod, Mango Lassi, and Tilslorte bondepiker.)

National Flower: Sugarbushes

National Car: Aku Vehicles 

National Color: Purple

National Weather: Rain

National Biome: Temperate Rainforest

National Book: The Great Ceon

National Language: Hokea (Main Language) and English

National Stone/Rock: Travertine

National Gem: Chrysoprase

National Building: Old Nepa Library (Oldest Library in Mozimo)

National Architectural Styles: Victorian, Deconstructivism, Tudor, and Contemporary

Etc.

Geographical features:

Highest Point: Mount Secen at the Oplic River Valley & Mountains Ranges (29,000 ft)

Lowest Point: Recra Pene Taiga (40 under sea level)

Largest Lake: Lake Occasa (35,000 mi2)

Hottest Place: Uoe Town (Recorded Temperature of 133F, Evacuation order was in effect at that time.)

Coldest Place: Penico Ice Farm/Village (Recorded Temperature of -34F)

Rainiest Place: Onee Rainforest at Woncinona (Avg. 83 inches per month)

Driest Place: Nea Desert (No recorded rain. Drizzle recorded twice. Snow recorded 3 times.)

Etc.

Edited by Mozimo (see edit history)

YOUR RP NATION

Mokhavia

Full Name of Nation: The Mokhavic Federation

Government type of nation: federal parliamentary republic

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Mokhavic (Fictional ethnicity that resembles a mix of the Uralic and Yeniseian/paleo-sibiric cultures)

Mokhavia is country that is the resault of the unification of the Mokhavic 'tribes' which have been politically devided by authoritarian rulers throughought history, it was unified in the late 20th century after a war with another Mokhavic Dictatorship, the first years of unified rule were pretty authoritarian, but that regime ended quickly. The country functions with a parliament consisted of representatives of each 'tribe' of which a Prime Minister is chosen by the public. As a resault on the political division, the some poeple are often overly-nationalisitc towards their region, but that has started to wear out in the recent years. There is a break-away state in the Country names 'The Apshan Republic', which is formed by a strongly nationalist (religious and ethnic) minority group in the Nation, the current situation is a series of small scurmishes, the region of Apsha currently acts as its own state, even though not nationaly recognized.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not at the moment, i plan to do soon.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?:

not the worst, but defenitly bellow avarage.

How would you describe yourself?:

Linguistics and Cultural nerd, i like folk and nationalistic music, and love warships.

Spoiler

Zalistan declares secession from Qazhshava

The Authonomous Region of Zalistan in Northwestern Qazhshava has declared secession from the Qazhshavan Republic in favour of an Independed Zal State. Over the last months Zali independence fighting groups have spread out in the mountains where they have grasped control over large areas. The land they claim versus the land they control have a large size diference, but nontheless these gorups shouldnt be taken lightly, the National Guard of Authonomous Zalistan has started to take sides.

The army has been deployed in key areas, such as Ch'azan, and around the K'yana and Andrew rivers. the River Flotilla is on ongoing scout missions to reviel Zal camps along the rivers. The leader of the independent Zal state, Johar Awkralatdze, has rallied the local populations to take arm and saboutage scouting missions. The has also has been put a bounty for Johar Awkralatdze, dead or alive.

President Ghalvayu has said "I wont take such behavior from a lowly farmer, as well Zalistan is an important cultural and economic region of our Nation, if they aren't happy with their current status as an authonomous region, so be it."

It is suspected that similar groups exist in Mehrava and president Ghalvayu advises Arzhan to thighten his grip in the Zali regions of his Country. Earlier today small skirmishes have been reported between Zali fighters and the National Army.(edited)

[10:56 AM]

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here?

Yes.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I have a friend who i whish to roleplay with within the region, and im looking for a better place where a nation of my liking is more reachable.

A friend group of mine (including me) had some trouble with an RP moderator at a point due to joke posts centred around some of the people in the said friend group.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it.

Ive been in two other regions of which im still in one, not as an active roleplayer, more so for the poeple there.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly?

I am with another nation, but since its on a diferent email, i might join with this nation as well.

Anything else?: I was informed that map locations are chosen depending on the culture of the nations, so i would like to note my poeple are ment to live in a north-eastern eruope/scandinavia mixed with a north-central-sibiria and/or a mountainous area.

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: Retiva

Government type of nation: Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Retivan (mixture of Slavic and Asian culture)

Give us a short description of your nation: Retiva is a peaceful nation gripped by internal strife. Though its existence has stretched over a thousand years, it has been subject to numerous power struggles within the Monarchy and those who seek to depose it. The nation itself is based on traditional laws of governance dating back over 1,450 years to the Yundrik tribes of old, before even the formation of the Ancient Congregation itself. The Voroneff Dynasty now presides over Retiva in a ceremonial capacity while the federal government steers the nation through troubled waters - however, the Dynasty has vested interests in a number of large conglomerates that control the economy, increasing concerns over the actual role and powers of the Monarchy. 55% of the nation follows the Holy Order of Iskandar, a tribal belief so old that many are unsure when it was founded. Through emphasis on good deeds, good words, and good thoughts, the people continue to endure and the Ancient Congregation lives on - may it continue to survive the torment of its own existence.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Yes but I'm reworking it at the moment to fit a new theme.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? Decent, I haven't engaged in RP for over 2 years now. But otherwise I've been actively RP'ing on NS for 6 consecutive years before that.

How would you describe yourself? I like to write detailed posts with nitty gritty details that help with the wurldbuilding, as well as to give perspective into the kind of people and the culture in my nation. Or at least, I try anyway. When I write I usually give myself a prompt or a topic that will keep me going for a while. Usually I like to research on relevant topics before I write to have some understanding of what I'm writing about (depending on the topic).

RP/Writing samples (if available already): Pretty old piece, I don't think it's nearly up to par anymore.

Spoiler

Though the Imperial Federation had thrived on trade and exporting goods to other nations over the decades, it is only now that the massive dominating family-owned conglomerates of Retiva are looking beyond the border to expand their businesses abroad. Having formalised its diplomatic relations with the United Kingdom of Anglia and Francia, several large tech firms have eyed the Western European nation to establish a gateway to the European market, such as that of Zamsung and LG, one of the two largest electronics conglomerates in the country. They both aim to set up not only a new headquarter for their European branches, but to establish new R&D plants that would make use of local talent to drive innovation behind their business and help the mammoths expand into the European market. With this move, it is expected that Retivan electronic consumer goods and products are to make their way over into the UKAF within a few weeks. Zamsung, the largest conglomerate from the Imperial Federation, has made a direct offer to the UKAF government and companies on contracting it for construction, military weaponry, communications technology and much more.

Similarly, after formalising diplomatic relations with the Kingdom of Aquitane by not only establishing embassies but signing a non-aggression pact and a free trade agreement, Retivan companies will most likely make their presence known to the local population through its aggressive entry into the market with its alluring products, with smartphones, foldable smartphones, tablets, advanced television screens and other electronic products. Zamsung has announced its intentions to gradually expand its services in the near future to accommodate private demand, as well as potential government contracts that might be offered later on.

The Imperial Federation has always been an advocate of more open international markets rather than protectionism, and believes that all nations will thrive together through free trade and competition that will drive innovation and technology forward. Alongside this, it has continued to promote its Partnership for Quality Investment to its European partners for consideration. To secure such access to the Mediterranean Sea, the Imperial government dispatched a diplomatic note to the Republic of Xaryua to formalise and cement diplomatic and economic relations between the two countries. Controlling not only the Suez Canal but a large reserve of petroleum within its territory, Xaryua is an important partner that should be courted into fruitful relations with the Imperial Federation. Thus, an Imperial delegation will be sent to the capital of Jersopholi within the next few days to shake hands with the North African nation and consolidate its presence within the region. Covering the expanse of the North African deserts from Sinai to the Strait of Gilbraltar, such a nation has much potential for infrastructure development that could connect land trade from the Suez Gulf all the way to continental Europe itself.

In spite of its ambitions, not all factors bode well for investment in Europe. Due to Germany's imperialistic wars in the Benelux, a peaceful group of countries that have always performed very well economically, has extremely disappointed investors in the Imperial Federation. The CEO of LG made a comment earlier this week on the German incursion. "Such wasted opportunity... The Netherlands and Belgium had such thriving markets that was conductive for competition and the people enjoyed high-standards of living. I believe that if Retivan companies were to penetrate those markets, it would have been extremely profitable for our shareholders. However, this no longer being the case due to the German invasion... Such are the greed of those nations in the West. I personally condemn them myself. It would be unlikely that any country would want to do business in an empire that only seeks to invade and conquer its neighbours." For the time being, businesses will likely refrain from investing in such an uncertain environment where the government has implemented wartime economic controls in Germany.

Meanwhile, the Imperial government has looked to Southeast Asia, an immense melting pot of growth potential that is growing at near breakneck speed. A regional maritime power and the gatekeeper to the Malacca Straits, the Deutsch-Ostasien Gesellschaft may be arguably one of the most crucial players in the Asia-Pacific region. With control over a large portion of Southeast Asia, the Imperial government has considered the nation to be an important component to its regional and global strategy due to its control over the strategic South China Sea trade routes that Retivan shipping requires unscrutinised access through. As a gesture of goodwill towards established relations and hopes to cement deeper political relations in the future, the Imperial government announced that a Kirov-class amphibious assault ship and two escorts will be making a port visit to Singapore next month as part of its future naval exercises in the Pacific, with consent from the local government.

Altogether, its expansive foreign policy initiatives aim to expand the Imperial Federation's diplomatic and economic horizon across the wurld. It is hoped that this will come to fruition without trouble.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Sure.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I've been invited to join by Oyus and I'm a fan of wurldbuilding myself. Would be nice to get in with the community.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: Not really. I'll raise concerns if I have any though.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I was an active member of NS from 2013 until 2019. Most of the communities I had joined were focused on roleplay and wurldbuilding, and I became an RP Moderator for many of these communities I was a member of. I was mostly focused on regional communities rather than the NS forums and administering the RP, otherwise nothing special.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Anything else?: I'm currently a WA member.

Velaheria

Full Name of Nation: Democratic People's republic of Velharia

Government type of nation: Totalitarian one party state under a dynastical rule

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Velaherian (inspired by slavic and germanic people)

Give us a short description of your nation: Velaheria is a communist republic, which got its independence in 1940's, since then velaheria has been known for its extreme isolation and military aid to foreign groups and nations which carry similar views to its ideology, Velaheria is also known for its industrial cities located along its northern areas, and agricultural lands in the south, Velaheria has been lead by the Starinburg's for the last 80 years of its existence, since its independence, which was brought to it by the father of the nation, Arin Starinburg, Velaheria has a huge stock of old but not obsolete military hardware and follows mandatory conscription, which by some independent reporter's views guarrentee its existence and the safety of its regime. The future of velaheria is dull but not dark.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: no

WRITING EXPERIENCE I have built lore for my nations in anteria and in Greater middle east and have several iiwiki pages available for my current rp nation in anteria.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes i want to learn of the lore and culture of eurth as much as possible and also want to learn the rules and ways of rping and wbing to improve myself even more and yes i want a mentor to be assigned to me.:)

NATIONSTATES Why do you want to join this region?: I have heard so much about this place and i want to see this region for myself and become a part of its community

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: i once got warned in anteria for interrupting a conversation once and got muted once there.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I am a member of anteria for over a year and i have lorebuilt and made many friends over the months.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? No 

Anything else?: :) Nah.

Kertosono

Full Name of Nation:

The Empire of Kertosono (English)
ꦤꦒꦫꦶꦏꦫꦗꦤ꧀ꦑꦼꦂꦠꦱꦤ (Kertic)
Nagari Karajan Kêrtåsånå (Romanization)

Government type of nation: Empire with devolution (a la german Empire)

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Kertic (Javanese)

The Empire of Kertosono is an agglomeration of smaller kingdoms, duchies, and other princely states united by the Kingdom of Ngawi with a singular emperor as its head of state, however due to the compromise of union, local kings and leaders were still in charge of governing and maintaining their own lands and are called "governors" within civil terms, and the pre-unification borders became official administrative divisions of the empire. The empire is plagued with several issues ranging from separatism, inequality, and a general distrust in the public institutions of the nations. Since its unification it has been led by the same royal family which have ruled over the Kingdom of Ngawi, which is becoming an increasingly hotly debated topic among nobles and politicians alike as to whether the Kingdom of Ngawi should hold the singular title for Emperor of Kertosono, or should other kingdoms and entities have representation as emperor. Kertosono adopted a parliamentarian model upon unification.

Do you have an IIWiki page?:Not yet

WRITING EXPERIENCE

My roleplaying is standard as I have been in various regions since 2016. I am more of a wurldbuilder than an rp-er, but I would be eager to learn on how to RP better.

I am more of a wurldbuilder than an RPer. I like to dabble with languages and cultures in general and really love a good map.

Yes

NATIONSTATES Why do you want to join this region?:

Chill atmosphere and realistic

No

I have been in Anteria since 2016 and have been in various regions ever since. 

No

Anything else?:
No

Stat points:
Land Area: 2
Population: 1
Economy: 1

Edited by Kertosono
points (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Kingdom of Rossano

Government type of nation: Federal monarchy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Italian culture

The Kingdom of Rossano is a Federal Monarchy led by Queen Azzurra II. The prime minister is Giovanni Rossi, who leads a center-right coalition that currently has a majority in parliament. The population  is very sociable and believes more in science than religion. Although Rossano is a beautiful and peaceful state there are also many problems related to industrial development between the north and south of the kingdom

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? I have years of RP experience but war-related RP i'm not very good

How would you describe yourself? I am good at creating realistic RP thanks to the 7 years I have spent in a similar community but totally unrelated to Nationstates. I am very interested in infrastructure (especially railways, highways and energy) and geology. I am a person who is subject to writer's block. I am a sociable but introverted person

RP/Writing samples (if available already): No

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes. For me this is all new and I have to adapt to the events that took place in Eruth and RP that takes place

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: This is the only region that has sent me telegrams containing excellent quality RP and website organisation.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: I had no problem with the moderators

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. This is the first time I've been playing Nationstates so this is all new to me

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? I'm not interested at the moment

Anything else?: No

YOUR RP NATION The Grand Princedom of Vollgeen:

Government type of nation: Constitutional Monarchy 

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Volleen (v is pronounced f) , (Based on Dutch and Afrikaans)

Give us a short description of your nation: The nation of Vollgeen is a stable social democratic constitutional monarchy, the head of State is Prince Joseph van Geesburg and the head of Government is currently Franz milder. The climate of Vollgeen is Temperate with cold wet winters and warm summers, it has lots of wildlife and the People of Vollgeen take great pride in hunting and specifically the national animal the Blobeeken which is a type of duck characterized by its signature blue beak. The capital of Vollgeen is Paarlen-Geesburg which used to be two cities. Vollgeen has a fairly regulated and strong economy.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? I would describe myself as intermediate, i have previous RP experience in two other regions for example i had a previous nation in the COL.

How would you describe yourself? I would describe myself as Introverted, shy and creative. 

This is a RP i did a while ago when i was RPing Malaya in the COL and it was part two of a four part series i did on a civil war against a terrorist group, My previous account is called Deccea and if you need to check for authentication i can provide further information, I later switched to Peru. 

| WAR AGAINST THE ISF AND JI PART TWO | 

5.00 AM, Pasir Mas.
Abu Bakar Ba'asyir stares outside the window, his glance fixating on the mountains far in the distance, It is warm foggy morning and still quite dark outside, anxiously he stares at the door. Finally Noori bin Shakeel enters the room.

Man 1: "Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, we just got word from one of our spies that the Malayan government is planning on attacking us from the central Mountains, *The man pulls out a map from his breifcase and puts in on Abu Bakar's desk*. They would completely outnumber us and they'd have the terrain to their advantage, we can under no circumstances let this battle happen.

Abu Bakar: Yes, i see, but our troops are already marching that way and will arrive there in approximately three hours. What do you suggest we do?

Man 1: I was thinking that if we order the army to stay put here *points at map* and order a division of soldiers to march towards the location of the battle and hide in the thick jungle behind the Malayan army here *Points at map*, this division will ambush then ambushed the unprepared Malayan army and hopefully crush them. Meanwhile we'll send the main army to Kuala Lumpur.

Abu Bakar: Excellent work Noori bin Shakeel, now off with you, we can't loose any more time.

6.20 AM. IN THE CENTRAL MOUNTAINS.
The tired Malayan army approaches the Location of the battle and starts preparing, as the minutes pass the general becomes more and more worried, the ISF and JI should've been here by now. Suddenly he hear gunshots coming from behind the general views in horror as many of his soldiers are killed, instantly he feels an agonizing pain in his right leg. The general then falls to the ground and crawls behind a big rock. He looks around to see that almost half of his army has already been killed. The General quickly shuffles over to one of his officers and commands him to lead the remainder of the army to safety, the officer hesitates but knows that this battle can't be won and reluctantly agrees. The general then tries to get up but gets hit by a bullet to the chest.

This demoralizing loss left the remainder of the Malayan army broken and disorganized, they lost almost half of their army, two officers and their general. The Malayan army retreated further into the mountains. However the second Malayan army whom had been stationed up in the mountains earlier hadn't arrived on time leaving them intact. Second in command of the Malayan army ordered the second army to meet up with them at an undisclosed location high up in the mountains.

The ISF and JI continued their march southward unimpeded capturing city after city reaching Kuala Lumpur at 9 AM.
Several cars filled to the brim with armed Terrorists drive up and down the streets of Kuala Lumpur, shooting their guns into the air, planting their flag "https://imgur.com/a/xZQUldP" and chanting "Long live Abu Bakar!". The prime minister is inside the Perdana Putra in Putrajaya trying to come up with ideas of how to defeat the ISF and JI when he hears loud chanting and gunshots being fired, he ducks down and hides behind a desk, as he hears the screams of his bodyguards and politicians. Suddenly the door to his office breaks down and a group of terrorists violently grabs him and drags him out of the office. They then precede to transport him to the Merdeka Square. A rope with a noose at the end is placed around his neck then he is carried and placed on a barrel. The rope is then tied around a tree above him and then one of the terrorists kicks the bucket, prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin is now dead.

Map of the current situation: https://imgur.com/a/m11jA9a

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Sure

NATIONSTATES Why do you want to join this region?: I wanted to find a good RP region that wasn't Eurth and this one seemed great.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly?: I have quite a bit of previous excperience on nationstates having been a part of other regions like COL and the role playing chessboard. I have joined the WA.

Anything else?: For more examples of my Rping skills check out my previous nation Decceas factbooks.

Government type of nation: Socialist-Authoritarian Dictatorship

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Russian-Slavic 

A socialist dictatorship, ruled in an iron fist, civilians may not be entirely happy, but they would rather comply and survive than stand up and cease. The economy is largely industrial based, but agriculture is still prominent.

WRITING EXPERIENCE How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?

I consider myself rather good at rp, though im always seeking to improve.

How would you describe yourself? A rather aspiring rp writer who likes to wurldbuild

RP/Writing samples (if available already): It was 4:30 am, half an hour before Katrina usually woke up, when a soldier in a truck rode through her neighborhood with a megaphone, the truck was noisy, and clearly in need of maintenance, and as it chugged along, the soldier in the back began shouting at the closely packed apartment complexes in a young, yet raspy voice, "Turn on your televisions, channel 3, radio channel 6, this is a mandatory broadcast." Katrina could tell he had been shouting this for a while, and he sounded tired. "Oh Well" she thought, "May as well see what's so important they had to wake us all up.". She lived alone, she had performed well enough putting down anti-socialist riots in some rural townships during her 2 years of mandatory service, of which she got out of last year, that she had been rewarded a class 3 apartment, and it had a television, granted, it was rather old. She put on her factory uniform and walked into the combined kitchen-living room area, and turned her tv on to channel 3, the news channel, while she prepared some eggs for breakfast. The tv showed a Anblia flag and a message that said "Program Beginning Soon". It stayed that way for about 5 minutes, and as she was scooping the eggs onto her plate, the screen flashed to the basic newscasting desk and anchor, who greeted the nation solemnly. "Greetings Anblia, I present to you an announcement, and sorry as I am to present it to you, I can only be honored to pass on such a message." He continued, " At 2 am this morning, our glorious leader Yorzipok Quent, who lead us through the civil war, stabilized our nation, and the namesake of our currency, passed away. I do not wish to hold you for much longer, but we are only just now receiving word of his successor, so please hold... yes, yes we are now receiving word the leadership is being assumed by Major General Patrik Anslopav, and... yes, that concludes this broadcas-" Before he even finished the last word, the broadcast shut off, leaving Katrina sitting on her uncomfortable sofa with an empty plate. She put her plate in the sink and left her apartment, off for the motor factory, wondering what Anslopav would bring to Anblia, and hoping her and her loved ones would be spared from his potential mistakes.

Yes, Please.

Why do you want to join this region?  Im looking for a fun community that I can contribute to and have fun in.

No, I am new, but eager to learn

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Not really

Anything else?: My discord is Puffy#3210

Full Name of Nation:United Kingdom of Menstine

Government type of nation: Inoffensive centrist Democratic

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: closest to northern 

Give us a short description of your nation: The United Kingdom of Menstine is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and compulsory military service. The democratic, devout population of 9 million Menstineans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?  I've been doing roleplay for sometime now  mainly on Discord

How would you describe yourself? Pretty laid back but I like RP being somewhat realistic so I might jump at you for that.

RP/Writing samples (if available already):  (ALL ON DISCORD)

The order uses the churches that are being built to treat more of the disenfranchised and marginalized people outside of Molvania.They are getting some trails and rumors of a truly sad person residing in the mountains of Molvania. It's more like a folk legend though. Alot of details are missing and it could've happened long ago.This person that is described to them is said to have done wonderful deeds in the past. Yet he was struck down by an invisible force, that took the image of a demon when he failed to deliver all of his promises.This person over time, became incredibly ill in physique, and especially in spirit.The man exiled himself in the mountains, as to stay far off from others. Those he had helped, those he had failed, and those he was afraid of meeting again. His disappointment was immeasurable, and from this point all of his days were to be ruined by these entities that had sabotaged him.The order, after hearing this, decides that it is essential to investigate.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes will love to have one

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I want join because I believe this region can help me better understand other nations and their political Ideas.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No, I follow the rules.

Do you have any prior experience on Nationstates? No If so, give a brief accounting of it.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Yes, I am planning to join

Anything else?:No

• Orioni changed the title to Application of Menstine
Posted (edited)

Full Name of Nation: Nosi Doïan là Safiloa ni Tàferàka Fokokoi 

Government type of nation: Theocratic Republican Tribal Confederacy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Safiloyan/Doyanian Islander (combination of Bantu, Persian and Austronesian)

Give us a short description of your nation: Settlers, escaping the Abyssal Cave of Constant Flooding in Meilugugun, fled to the Doyan Islands on outrigger canoes in the dawn of the new age. Once settled they began forming their fokos (semi-theocratic tribal republics). These independent fokos will however be united by the time that the Doshidin refugees arrive.  The Doshidin were religious refugees escaping persecution and integrated themselves into Safiloan culture. The mixture of cultures and introduction of writing and other technologies helped Safiloa modernize to some extent and establish relations with nearby nations. However, they would eventually be loosely colonized by the insert_name, and only achieve independence in the 1960s.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Safiloa

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? Experienced Amateur

How would you describe yourself? Creative, spiritual, emotionally sensitive, friendly

RP/Writing samples (if available already):  From my fictional amphibian humanoid race called the Marakwas ( RP )

The Marakwa Horde Lifeycle: Batches of thousands of eggs hatch in a body of shallow putrid soupy water full of nutrients. Eggs incubate for about 4-8 days (depending on the temperature) before hatching into a boneless brainless parasitic leech-like creature with a hagfish-like mouthpiece. They will readily resort to infant cannibalism if the opportunity strikes and suck the innards dry. After 2 to 6 months of feeding (depending on the temperature) they begin growing limbs and a brain. All youths are either male or born without a gender. The genderless Marakwa (only about 2%) become relatively docile and are rescued by adult genderless Marakwa, these will become the Nommo priesthood. The male Marakwas become strong enough to leave their nursery pond and begin training for a life of thievery, warring, and hardships. The genderless Priesthood primarily focus on the caring and worshipping of the Huakuak Cycad plant; a giant cycad plant with the power to reanimate severed heads on the tips of its vines (but they are severed heads that cannot speak but feel intense pain. They will never die and can only silently cry for the rest of their miserable head's existence). While the heads are "alive", the Huakuak cycad can rummage through its memories and extract information. The Huakuak cycad then releases colorful intoxicating spores which can then be interpreted by the priesthood. The Priesthood directs the male Marakwas to continuously bring back the heads of foes to offer to their Huakuak cycad god.(edited)

Most male Marakwas will die - either through combat or through opportunistic cannibalism - but after 12 years, a male Marakwa's anus will seal up and it will go through a gender change into a female Marakwa, which are morbidly obese and full of crap. At this late stage in the life of a Marakwa, they slowly make their way toward the nursery field dig a hole and wait for death. Male Marakwas will continuously ejaculate onto the back of the female stuck in the ground with corrosive semen. Eventually, the acidic semen slowly begins killing the female and makes it into a soup of putrid water. The hundreds of thousands of eggs inside the female are only reachable through the burning. The eggs are then fertilized and the cycle continues. Racial Strengths - The Huakuak tree: A psychic cycad plant with the ability to reanimate and then read the minds of severed heads offered to it. - The genderless Nommo Priesthood: Have the ability to actually think and strategize to a limited capacity. - Male Marakwas: Fast, slippery, poisonous & venomous amphibious creatures that will exploit any opportunity to kill, steal and eat. Primarily known for stealing the heads of more docile races. - Female Marakwas don't do much, but they ensure that hundreds of thousands of Marakwas are born every cycle. Racial Weaknesses - Prone to dehydration, they need a body of fresh water nearby. Marakwas are not the brightest, in fact they are extremely stupid and rash, but fearless. During times of great stress and lack of resource they will gladly and wholly resort to cannibalism.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Sure

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I would like to improve my RP skillset

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. Been playing on and off since 2006.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Anything else?: Not with Safiloa, Bunkaiia is my other.

Edited by Safiloa (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

YOUR RP NATION

• Full Name of Nation: Federal republic of socialsts (not a spelling mistake)

• Government type of nation: Parliamentary Democracy

• Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Eastern European

• Give us a short description of your nation: The nation is 

• Do you have an IIWiki page?: No

WRITING EXPERIENCE

• How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? Very little I have only roleplayed on a regional RMB, although I have created a dispatch

• How would you describe yourself? A decent writer - long process though as I want to check for spelling

• RP/Writing samples (if available already): https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1548807

NATIONSTATES

• Why do you want to join this region?: To work on worldbuilding skills with a modern nation with active members

• Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No

• Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. Yes. I have been in 2RP groups on NS for ~1 year including Eastern Europe and New Eastern Europe, .

• Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? Yes

• Anything else?: Not really tbh, have a high five

Providing any falsified or deliberately misleading information will result in your application being rejected and your access to the forum revoked. By submitting this form, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the community and RP rules of this community. Any breach thereof may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to revoking of forum posting rights, banning from the forum, removal of regional citizenship, and ejection from the region.

Edited by Orioni
merged two posts (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Free Land of Shimonostan

Government type of nation: Representative Democracy

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Shimonian

Give us a short description of your nation: Very basic- will work on it more (not writing here facts that are somewhere else in this text)

Shimonostan is a former colony of --. They gained independence in 1978 after the Battle of Praginki. In honour this day a giant festival is held in Praginki every year.

For many years Shimonostan was isolated from outer wurld, developing a very strange variant of the original --ish language.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: No.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? 1/10, i've roleplayed before - but not on such level as what i see on Eurth

How would you describe yourself? - As a person with very bad english. I've always had a dream about ruling my own country, with it's own culture and so. And after many years of searching i've found nationstates. So yeah. I also kinda like vexillology, bizzare regimes (watched far more documentaries about north korea than i should) and collage making (i would say photoshopping but i don't use photoshop for my collages)

RP/Writing samples (if available already): Found this one. (It's pretty old) (And really short) (Now i could definitely do better)

Enemy of my enemy is my friend. When there is a genuine threat we must unite.

We know that our relation ships with The Federal Republic of Triph weren't always great. But we can not tolerate the horrific actions of The United Socialist States of Foldaka any longer.

We, The Armed Republic of Tchonija, are officially joining The Federal Republic of Triph, The Aurrelian Empire of Dingoy and The Glitched Islands of Dellettia in a war against The United Socialist States of Foldaka.

Right now the first foldakian has been publicly executed because of the bombing of Argenlat. Exactly one foldakian will be executed for every action of Foldaka against us or our allies.

For the Tchonija!

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? - Yeah, probably

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: Because of the RP (looks really good)

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. - This is my second nation. I still don't know much about forums and events (such as the nuke and zombie things)

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? - I am

Anything else?: Probably not

Edited by Orioni
formatting (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation:

The Capitalist Confederacy of the South Oregon Hinterlands

Democratic Republic with Heavy Corporate Influence (Corporate Bordello on NS, I think that this description is pretty close)

Heavily based on the Pacific Northwest/New York & Massachusetts (Mainly Boston)

Founded by colonists from the Old wurld, strongly values personal freedoms and capitalism

"The Capitalist Confederacy of The South Oregon Hinterlands is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by CEO Francis LaCroix with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.05 billion Hinterlanders are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with wurld-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like"

Do you have an IIWiki page?:

No

WRITING EXPERIENCE

I've been involved in roleplay since around 2016, mostly character driven RP like 40k and Shadowrun. I was involved in a short lived discord based roleplay based around intergalactic civilisations and have been playing Space Station 13 for around the same time

I'm here for a good time, I consider my writing to be grounded in realism however I do like drifting towards more silly things when writing for corporations/other large organisations

I have a few examples on my NS factbook, more narrative examples can be given on request - I'd prefer to send these directly to a mentor as they were written for a small group of friends/may be absolute drivel

yeah

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?:

RP looks detailed and the setting is close enough to Eurth for my wurldbuildng to satisfy my desire for the strange details of history without getting bogged down in what's already there

No

I've been playing since around very late 2016, I've never interacted with any other communities though

No

Anything else?: 

Nope.

Providing any falsified or deliberately misleading information will result in your application being rejected and your access to the forum revoked. By submitting this form, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the community and RP rules of this community. Any breach thereof may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to revoking of forum posting rights, banning from the forum, removal of regional citizenship, and ejection from the region.

Edited by Smiggie Balls (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Full Name of Nation: The Socialist Republic of Rhava

Government type of nation: Rhava is a socialist country

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Rhavanese (mix of South East Asian [mostly Vietnamese] and Levantine cultures)

Give us a short description of your nation: Rhava is a nation with a rich culture and history. Being a mostly isolationist nation for most of history it does not have a history with colonizers, yet when aggressors enter our lands we use our mountainous and jungly landscape to drive them out of our sacred homeland. In our country, if you have no loyalty to the clans of Dại, Rô Mây, or Mêi you will be treated as an outsider. Through oppression, aggressors, and environmental challenges, our people have stood tall, like the powerful cedar. 

Do you have an IIWiki page?: I do not, but I want to WRITING EXPERIENCE: I always have good ideas (I hope :|) but I never execute because I don't have the time, or self doubt my self. 

I have never done much rp, though I am confident I can stay in character and very excited to give it a try.

How would you describe yourself? I would describe myself as kind, quick, persistent, loving, and self conscious hehe. RP/Writing samples (if available already): I don't really have any.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? I wouldn't mind a mentor, but depends on my schedule, so for now no.

Why do you want to join this region?: My neighbor (Evanesiapolis) is in it.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No, I like to call myself a pretty good person who does not get into fights

I have been on and off, but my neighbor (Evanesiapolis) got me back into it. I have 3 other countries, but they have been deleted and I only did issues. I am a member of the NS WA.

Edited by Rhava (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: Ochoa

Government type of nation: Feudalist Monarchy. Estates of the Kingdom: 1st Estate: Lord; 2nd Estate: Vassals; 3rd Estate: Burghers; 4th Estate: Chattels.

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Caucasian

Give us a short description of your nation: The Kingdom of Ochoa (politically) is akin to feudal Medieval Europe in the 1200-1400s, but in a more modern era. It's also like South Africa in terms of geography, demographics, etc. (maybe). It has less emphasis on military pursuits and more emphasis on diplomatic realizations. Ochoa is led by Lord Robert Salomon, a controlling, unstable man, but who generally has good intentions. Ochoans often say “Nil Sine Labore”, which is “Nothing without labor”. Ochoa did not rise out of nothing. Hard work and perseverance are what defines Ochoans. Ochoa is in an arid desert where water levels are tightly monitored and the few remaining forests/groves of trees are conserved and have strict policies surrounding their use. There is much inequality among all citizens of Ochoa, and chattels are typically treated as dross. Without going into detail (and since I honestly haven’t yet created it and don’t know how Ochoa history fits in with Eurth’s inhabitants), the brief history of Ochoa is this: Lord Robert Salomon’s great-great-grandfather, Edward Salomon, led a rebellion against the established Lord, Lord Byron Wilthemore, and seized control of the throne. From then on, the Salomons have been ruling the kingdom amid vassals warring against one another and threatening to leave the Kingdom. The Salomons are generally disliked due to their unnatural claim to the throne, although they are generally good in their intentions (even though their methods may be extreme and unpopular). I would love feedback and help on establishing a better history surrounding the origins of Ochoa, like how it came to be in Eurth and such. I honestly don’t have anything in mind as I don’t yet understand Eurth’s inhabitants. More details will surely come later as I progress.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet; not sure how to get one and make it official canon.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to role-playing? I am fairly new to RP in general (less than 6 months of experience), but I am generally a great writer and love to explore ideas and create anything!

How would you describe yourself? I am passionate about my creative projects: my musical compositions, poems, characters, stories, essays, business ideas, websites, etc. I LOVE to create! I enjoy the process of things and seeing how my creations take shape and are influenced by others (to a point). I enjoy being part of a community that is involved and passionate, too. I have a lot to learn and am willing to take feedback as necessary.

Writing Sample from a Book I (probably) Won’t Ever Finish:

“Good morning.”

Othera Black sighed as she felt her mother’s gentle caress on her overturned shoulder, wishing she could fall back asleep for a few more hours. Why was it that when she finally felt as if she could sleep it was already time to get up? Just my luck. She sighed again, sitting up while looking into her mother’s understanding eyes; her familiar face held a knowing smile, but the exchange lasted only a moment before her mother squeezed her hand and left the room to prepare breakfast.

Othera watched her leave and then calmly reached upward to stretch her spine. While leaning forward to get up off the bed, her sheets longingly tugging at her body, she gasped as the sharp pain her

in shoulder rose in intensity. She immediately fell back onto her pillow and lay there. She was quickly reminded of the unforeseen events the previous evening had brought: a nasty rainstorm had swept through Aspen and left many unforgiving displays of its passage behind, her family’s leveled barn being one of them. She had helped her mother clean up some of the wreckage to free the chickens that were still alive and slipped and fell onto the lumber. Needless to say, her left shoulder had a scar that her mother tended to after coming inside.

It was unusual to have such abrupt torrents of rain in these parts during late September, and the collective damage in Aspen and surrounding areas left the townspeople in upheaval. The first of October was in a few days, which meant the Gathering of Preparation was just around the corner. Cleaning up the wreckage amid making for ready the upcoming occasion would undoubtedly prove daunting.

As Othera finally stood up and began readying herself for the day, she further reflected on the outcomes of the storm. What a night…. Since it was only her and her mother living in their small cottage, it had been up to them to fetch their frightened horse that escaped when the barn was on the verge of collapse. The old horse had been her father’s and he’d named it Topaz in admiration of her mother’s golden eyes. When he was killed during a hunting trip five month earlier, Othera’s mother assigned Topaz solely to her care. At first, she was excited to take on the responsibility of caring for her father’s prized stallion, but she soon learned that Topaz had a will of his own and never ceased to make things difficult for her.

Another Sample from an Essay:

Up until approximately the mid-nineteenth century, the federal government of the United States of America was striving to determine the extent of its influence over American citizens. During those early years (and the many years following), the newly-formed government went through many challenges and disputes that would shape it into what it is today: a wurldwide influential entity. Ever since the genesis of the simple form of American government, it has incessantly expanded in power, authority, and displeasure; privileges that were not originally ascribed in the Constitution have been assumed by the federal government, thus creating a removed and shameless national administration.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? Yes. I’d like to really get into this and not just up and quit.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I am impressed with the established system and the idea of vetting through an academy. I like that actual humans recognize and abide by AND enjoy other humans’ creations, that it is a living, breathing, ever-changing fictional wurld. I LOVE that concept, and I want to take part in it.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No. Never had any dealings with any, either.

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. No. This is my first time.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? My nation, The Kingdom of Ochoa, is currently a member of the wurld Assembly. Not really sure how that affects things here, though. Not really sure how NS affects anything here at all, actually.

Anything else?: Again, I’d love feedback and guidance. I want to contribute to Eurth and see how my creations and those of others interact/affect each other; I want the narrative of our nations, peoples, and cultures to be constantly flowing.

Edited by Ochoa (see edit history)

YOUR RP NATION

Full Name of Nation: The Republic of Hemahat

Government type of nation: Legally a Semi-Presidential Democracy, in practice a Plutocratic Oligarchy of five powerful clans.

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Hemahatik (A mixture of Coptic and "Modernized" Pharaonic Egypt with elements of Berber, Bedouin, and Levantine culture.) 

Give us a short description of your nation: The Republic of Hemahat is a nation masquerading as a typical democracy, with a President, Prime Minister, and elected legislative branch known as the Dadat. However, underneath the election campaigns and political posters, five clans from a regime now long gone still maintain their control over the country through their comparatively vast wealth. The nation itself is situated in a harsh climate where water is scarce and resources to exploit even more so. Small pastoral tribes dot the countryside, coming into conflict with settled farmers. Remoter still, ethnic minorities angry at land confiscation are beginning to protest further exploitation of their lands. In the cities, a middle-class of non-aligned families is developing and becoming increasingly resilient towards the ruling class. Even the upper class is not safe, with political intrigue and even violence more resembling gang conflict than modern politics being the norm for several years now. Unstable to be sure, but they are not in a civil war just yet.  

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet, but I will have one soon enough.

WRITING EXPERIENCE

How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying?: Above Average, but not great. I was the head moderator of an RP for a bit. I made a few posts, the majority of which were at least 200+ words. While that might make me sound rather experienced, my job was mostly telling younger and more inexperienced RPers to improve to a medium-level level of roleplay. 

How would you describe yourself?  Semi-experienced writer with a interest in, but no formal education with, anthropology, Government, and theology. As a wurldbuilder, I like trying to make nations that are still unique and interesting despite their limitations, meaning that realism and regulations do not hinder me that much. I love working with other people both in terms of wurldbuilding, in terms of roleplay, and just in-general.  

Spoiler

This example comes from the RP I was talking about earlier. In it, I played a nation of Industrial Cherokee-Inspired Native Americans called "Unatesliis." They had recently fought a war and while they won, it took a toll on the nation's morale.

There was a small crowd in front of the same office building from years ago, where Gawonii announced his victory. Unlike the ecstatic and cheering crowd of before, this smaller crowd was much more apathetic and calm, possibly only being there just so they could tell who even got elected. The stand was raised, and a familiar face walked onto it - or at least something close to familiar. It was Ayita, the former President of Unatseliis. She appeared much older than her previous self, with hair showing signs of greying and wrinkling - though not so much that she appeared elderly. She had, for lack of a better term, been voluntold to run for president due to her being both sane, experienced, and far less corrupt compared to the other campaigners. It was obvious to most that she didn’t want to be there. However, she then took a deep breath and composed herself. 

“Citizens, Brothers, Sisters… I have recently been elected for my second term as President of Unatseliis. It was not a close election.” She put her hand on her face and let out a sigh. 

“I can see it in your faces. You don’t care for politics anymore. You just want to know that you and your children won’t get shot like they were less than a year ago.” She let go of her head and laid her hand on the podium. “Look, we all make mistakes. Our last President had his heart in the right place, and he did win the war for us… but I get it. You don’t care about “democracy” anymore. The era of political anticipation, participation, and dedication, at least temporarily, is over. The Great Experiment has failed to defend its own people from invasion, and now you are all tired.” She choked up slightly before returning to a much more assertive demeanor. “I lost my own to that damn war. My brother, Atohi - God bless his soul, died at Galegi. They didn’t even find the full body, just a dog tag… so, I understand why you’re frustrated, why you are all exhausted…” She looked at the flag of Unatseliis before looking back at the crowd. “I cannot promise you peace, no President can. But, I can promise you this. I will do everything in my power to make sure that no foreign army lands on Unatseliis again. I will do everything in my power to make sure the fallen can rest easily knowing that they had not laid down their lives to protect their loved ones and nation just for some foreign power to invade once again in less than a decade. I will… hopefully, see you when I am inaugurated.” 

The crowd was apparently satisfied. They did not clap, they did not boo. There was just a mixture of smiling and nodding amongst some of the crowd before they walked away. However, one man stayed. It took her a minute to recognize who he was, but she realized that he was the  ‘O’ hand gesture boy from years ago. He had grown since then. At first she was happy to see him, waving at him. He waved back before giving her the ‘O’ hand gesture once more. Before she could say anything, he ran off once more into the city. 

Ayita slumped a bit as she walked off the podium. She began walking before someone grabbed her by the shoulder. She nearly jumped before turning back to see Gawonii. Her shock turned into relief as she saw the familiar face.

“You scared me, Gawonii.”

“Sorry for scaring you.” There was an awkward silence before Gawonii spoke up. “Listen, I’m still technically president, so I got to go do something, so I will make this quick. It’s going to be a tough job rebuilding this country, so I just have one last request for you. Rekindle pride in this nation, pride in democracy. Not in the nationalistic ‘we must die for the nation’ sense, I want you to make people love this country again.”

“I mean, I want to as well, but why are you so adamant about this?” Ayita interjected.

“Because unity is what we need in these trying times. If you manage to get our people to work together as a nation… well, we might not be able to bring back the dead - but we will rebuild their homes to a scale they could never even imagine.” He said the latter part almost tearing up. Ayita took it as him remembering what he had done.

Ayita was about to say something, but paused before simply nodding. “Have a good day, President.”

“You too, President-Elect.” 

The two began to walk off in opposite directions: Ayita to her home and Gawonii to his. Ayita had the urge to turn back to Gawonii and tell him everything was going to be alright. But she didn’t want to interfere in his life for any longer. She only had about a week left before she’d be officially inaugurated, and she was going to spend her last week free of so much responsibility with those she cared about. She looked at the flag one last time. 

“I promise I will do my best to protect and serve you again, old friend.” She said, a slight smile growing on her face. Only time will tell if she’s right in that regard.

Spoiler

The following was not from an RP, but a narrative factbook for a socialist Texas nation that collapsed due to poor administration on the government's part. Contains swearing and references to violence.

The middle-aged man took a sharp right before he could properly answer his son's question. The song "Somewhere Down in Texas" by George Strait was playing over the radio, loud enough so that the lyrics could be heard but quiet enough so that the conversation wouldn't be interrupted. He drove for several more seconds before coming to a stop at a stoplight. He wiped his mustache as he turned to look at the flag that waved over a gas station. "You see that son? That's the flag of the 'Texian Communes'. It's red and black. Before you were born, that flag was red, white, and blue, colors of liberty and prosperity. The Republic of Texas. Not this weird socialist shít."

The boy, unamused, crossed his arms and grunted. "But aren't we free, pa? We are free from Capitalism and we ain't the Uh Es Are." Satisfied in his answer, the boy's expression turned smug and looked at his father through the rearview mirror. 

The father gave a mild scoff in response. "What are they teachin' you in that damn school?" he said with a hint of anger. He shook his head, returning to a casual tone. "There ain't no U -S S- R anymore, they collapsed 30 years ago." The light turned green, prompting the man to continue driving. "Yes, we are free. But we ain't prosperous, David. Back 20 years ago before the election of '04, me and your ma used to live in a small house on the outskirts of town. Then... well, you know the story. The Government divided us into communes. We got to vote on where the borders were internally, but externally, nobody could agree. Kempner thought our little home was on their side of the border. So when we paid taxes to Lampasas instead, things got violent. We made it, but me and your ma had to retreat into the town for safety." 

David's expression turned somber as his smug expression sunk into one of gloom and mild regret. However, he quickly perked up and sat upright. "But den you shot them bastards, right pa?"

Father smiled and his spirits seemed to perk up. "Hell yeah, we did. I was there when we stormed town hall. Bastards didn't even fight back when we lined up their government and shot 'em."

"But weren't they directly-democratic?"

Father laughed, giving the boy all the answers he needed. But he still continued. "We didn't kill of all 'em. If we did, the Killeen League would have stepped in an' put an end to our little commune."

Before Father could continue, David spoke up. "League? Killeen is in a league? With who?"

"Right, they wouldn't have taught you that in school, wouldn't they? Doesn't fit their agenda. Well you see son, because cities were too big they were divided up into communes based on neighborhood." He took a deep breath before continuing. "But you can't break apart cities without there being consequences. That's why Houston has gone to shít. However, for other cities, their neighborhoods allied. In the case of Killeen, most of the neighborhoods except for South Harker Heights unified into this league of sorts where they all agreed to help out each other and work on projects together. While we're all supposed to do that, their alliance is written rather than suggested."

David asked another question. "But if you didn't kill all of 'em, why are they still mad?"

"That's a silly question. We killed them. About 32 of them responsible for starting this mess. This included Mr. Jackson. He was the guy responsible for convincin' the town that they needed to do a buncha stupid things like go over the river to annex farmland and allowing public displays of sodomy - Not like there's anything wrong with being gay or experimental, but I wouldn't want you seein' that. He was still the closest thing to a dictator that town had, and he was sinful and power-hungry. But, people liked him. So when we shot him, his ideas lived on. It probably weren't a good idea to shoot him, but men like that are dangerous if given power."

Time passed in silence. Neither really spoke up as Father looked at the road and David looked at the passing forests and grassland. Suddenly, he saw a single suburban house. Then another, and another. Before he knew it, they were driving through a neighborhood. 

"I think we're here pa."

"Not quite, but we are in Copperas Cove." Father said. He looked out the window at the houses. What once might have been a nice middle-class neighborhood was now a mixture of overcrowded and abandoned homes. Lawns are either overgrown with grass and weeds or patchy and dying, and all the homes with human habitation only had the leftovers or remains of lawn decor or anything that was commonly found in yards before the coup. A few Texas flags, both old and new regime, garden gnomes of varying states, and maybe a lawn chair could be found scattered around. "Lucky bastards," he said through gritted teeth "they have fancy homes in the middle of a big city, free from any real hardship, and yet the whine and complain. At least they have running water most of the time." 

"Pa, why do you hate the cities so much?" David asked with a confused expression. 

Father sighed as he turned his eyes away from the neighborhood to the road. "I don't hate the cities. I don't hate city-folk. I just hate the city-folk that brought us into this mess by voting for the damn commies, only to then regret it when the economy collapsed. I can't blame 'em, what with the Santa Fe bombing. People wanted change, and so they looked towards the Texan Libertarian Socialist Party. But when the those middle-class jackasses who blindly followed them had their livelihoods taken away and their lawns turned sick and patchy, then they complained. And for what? Because they weren't allowed to eat Whataburger every week? We're out there getting shot and producing food for the nation living in trailer homes, and they cry behind their fancy masonry houses with consistent running water and electricity." His face was overtly getting red as he ranted. Though, when he saw his son's wide eyes, he quickly tried to calm down. 

"Are we here now, pa?"

Father looked towards the large brick building that stood before him. It used to be a Walmart of all things, an American company that directly rivaled the homemade brand of HEB, at least before 2005. Now, the sign has been covered up with a banner: simply saying 'Copperas Cove Depot #02.' "Yeah... Yeah! We're here. Now remember, we're not apart of the Copperas Cove Commune. So no matter what the guy in there says, remember to be polite and respectful."

The two got out of their truck and walked towards the Depot. The automatic doors whooshed past them as the cold air from the air-conditioned interior covered their bodies. Several other people were in the building, but one immediately stood out to them: A man with a clipboard. "There, he must know where we can get some bullets." Father casually walked up to the man and, when he was close enough so that conversation wasn't awkward, he began to speak to the man. "Excuse me, sir, I am looking to acquire some bullets?" He quickly scanned his nametag before he spoke, Samuel was written on it.

Samuel looked at his clipboard before looking back. He adjusted his black-rimmed glasses before saying "Uhhh, yeah. What kind of rounds are you looking for? We have a surplus of 7.62s from a logistical mishap."

"7.62s work, yes." Father anticipated the next question with unease.

"Uh-huh, full name, please?" 

"Wade Brandon Mason."

Samuel flipped through his clipboard looking for his name. "Wade... wade... Manson Wade... Wade Manson..."

Wade spoke up. "I uh, I don't come from Copperas Cove. I come from Lampasas, sir."

Samuel's brow raised as he heard this. "That's way outside commune borders, and you ain't apart of the league. Why can't you get ammo from your own commune?"

Wade scratched his head. "Well, yes, sir. We are from outside your commune. But you see, since that incident back in 2016, the government has not been allowing us to get ammo from them."

Samuel laughed as he remembered the incident. "Y'all ain't tryin' to start another war, are y'all?"

Wade laughed back. "No, no sir. It's them trying to start a war with us. They've been threatening to shoot any Lampasasers who enter their borders. We tried asking the government for help, but you know how the government is."

Samuel patted Wade on the back. "Yeah, I get you. Damn government would only support y'alls if the damn Kempners declared a dictatorship and began to invade everyone. Tell you what, because we have such a surplus, we'll give you that ammo. Buuuut, not for free. You ain't apart of the commune, and bullets are not considered an essential item."

Wade grabbed an old wallet out of his pocket and opened it. He was expecting this and had brought along a couple thousand dollars from the commune treasury as well. "How much can I get for... 2000?" 

Samuel did the math in his head before answering. "Well, at market value of 2.5 dollars per bullet, that would give you 800 bullets."

Wade sighed a sigh of relief as he nodded. "I can do that, yes." The three walked past aisles of varying quality and quantity, some were completely empty whilst others were completely full of supplies ranging from office supplies to food. They continued walking until they reached a large room with a lock. Samuel grabbed a key and unlocked it, revealing its contents. Inside was an assortment of guns ranging from fully automatic rifles and heavy-duty machine guns to Pellet Guns. In between it all were boxes of ammo and scattered bullets as well. This wasn't anything Wade was too unfamiliar with as he went to a 30 cal ammo box. "How much does this thing hold?" 

Samuel, in a proud tone, replied with "200." He ran off to grab two extra as David awkwardly stood there, trying not to bother anyone. Samuel carried two other boxes and placed them next to Wade. 

Wade pulled over a fourth can and opened up his wallet. He pulled out several hundred Texan dollars and counted them. Once he was sure he had exactly 2000 dollars, he handed them to Samuel. Samuel tipped his imaginary hat and stood patiently, making sure that Wade didn't steal anything. Wade stacked two of the cans and picked them up with his knees. "Now, David, why don't you get the other cans yourself so we can get back home." David stacked the two cans and tried to lift them with his back. "No, David, your knees. It's easier on your back." David quickly changed his position so that he was following his father's suggestion. The two walked out, bullet cans in hand. Their contents clattered inside them as they walked out of the store and back to the truck. Wade put down his stack to open the truck door, allowing both him and David to put theirs in. The two got in the truck and, with due haste, got out of the parking lot and went back home.

"Well, that turned out better than I expected. We actually got ammo." David perked up in a little smile.

Wade shared his smile. "Yeah, son. We did it. We're gonna make it back home and stock up so that nobody can harm us again without a fight."

Suddenly, the song on the radio turned to static. A message was being laid over top of it. Seeing how the radio station they were listening to was local, both paid attention to it carefully. 

"This is 73.1 AM Lampasas Country-style Radio. We have confirmed reports that men from the town of Kempner are arming themselves and getting in vehicles. While their intentions are currently unknown, I personally recommend that all citizens either head indoors or prepare to defend our town. This is not a drill, people. Standard B-2 event rules apply." The voice on the radio was familiar to Wade and David, it was Jackie, Wade's wife and David's mother. 

Wade looked at David and cringed. But this expression turned into a devilish smile as Wade motioned to two AR-10s in the back of the truck. "You ready for some father-son bonding, Davy?"

"Let's send those bastards running back home."

Spoiler

The following is a section describing the fictional "Narkpop" culture, a race of men living in the mutliplanetary Holy Federation of Stars.

While they may physically appear Southern, their cultural values reflect a different kind of society. The Narkpop are generally highly communal, with individual communities acting less like groups of individuals living in one place but one individual itself - albeit a heavily flawed and confused one. While the introduction of foreign governments and economical systems have somewhat affected this, much of Narkpop way of life remains unchanged - even with new technologies.

The political-economic systems of most Narkpop communities consists of highly communal and tribe-like organization. Individual communities are typically identified as having a ruling class of officials who are traditionally empowered based on fame. However, in recent years, this ruling class has been reduced to traditionally elected officials with term limits. However, this ruling class acts more akin to representatives than a traditional ruling class. It isn’t uncommon for the locals to simply decide what laws they want and are going to enforce - even if the local representatives disagree. In terms of economics, there is still economic inequality. However, this economic inequality is typically based not on individuals or families, but entire communities, with certain communities having more wealth than others due to resources or simple economic incentives. While owning a slightly nicer house or slightly nicer car won’t have any consequences, wealth inequality considered excessive is often met with opposition, with wealth sometimes being taken by force in sanctioned raids against individuals. This practice is only illegal in cities and is still commonplace in rural and suburban communities. However, these raids may also extend to in-between communities, with most historical Narkpop wars being poorer communities waging war against richer ones in order to gain their wealth, often with disastrous consequences. These kinds of wars are now illegal and are otherwise uncommon as industrial and post-industrial processes have allowed for most communities to be tolerable enough, but they may occasionally still happen.

The average Narkpop is not identified by a family name, such as “George Smith” or even “George Smith of New York City”, but is rather identified by the village or town they come from, meaning that George would be named “New-York-City-George.” As such, the entire community is considered family, even foreigners who changed their name to reflect their adoption by a family. The lack of a familiar identity has made nuclear or even extended families shaky at best, as often children will be reared by the community as a whole rather than just the parents or biological family. However, biological families still somewhat exist within traditional Jo’nopo communities. Traditional Jo’nopo have two kinds of family: Communal and Blood Family. However, the distinction only exists to prevent incest, and blood families are typically only identified with a shared symbol, heirloom, or neighborhood. The Millimer have a more unorthodox approach to this, with masculine/dominant members of communities staying in other communities for weeks at a time to select a feminine/passive member to take as a spouse. Take, in this case, means asking the community to take the passive member home in a pseudo-shotgun wedding. This practice has been banned by multiple nations for multiple reasons, including moral ones, and the advent of technology which allows for perspective couples to see how “distant” they are caused the practice to mostly die-off, but particularly primitive regions have reports of dominant men and women attempting to bribe community officials into allowing them to forcefully marry another.

The Narkpop believe in a very spiritual existence where Gods, Spirits, and supernatural beings have a major role in the universe as a whole. Around 86% of Narkpop have professed a belief in fantastical beings and powers such as witches and wizards, ghosts, even dragon-esc beings that have no records of existing. The Narkpop have a wide range of fantastical and legendary beliefs, including believing that disease is the cause of evil spirits who wish to hurt humans, inanimate objects such as rivers, mountains, man-made things such as weapons, and even entire communities are alive and have spirits that can interact with the mortal wurld. Even Christian Narkpop typically have unorthodox beliefs, such as that Satan directly affects people by sending demons after them, causing disease, dangerous lust, greed, and other such things. This spiritual existence has caused several locations and practices to become sacred to the Narkpop, and violating them comes with both spiritual and legal punishment. Factories built on sacred lands are torn down, people who forget to bathe in “blessed waters” every 2nd day of the week are mocked and fined, and some look towards holy healers over medicine which they believe is “ineffective” due to diseases being spiritual. However, these practices are slowly beginning to fade as both intentional and unintentional cultural interaction has caused them to adopt new practices.

Most Narkpop cultures do not use a traditional gender binary, although some communities may have one. Typically, Narkpop societies are divided into 3 to 5 different genders, which are based around the traditional gender roles the individual. Millimer society, for example, has 5: Mizi (Male), Tizi (Female), Mitizi (Men who perform the gender roles of women), Timizi (Women who perform the gender roles of men), and Tizimizi (Used to describe anyone who doesn’t fit into the perceived gender roles either due to an “androgynous” personality or intersexuality). The Jo’nopo, meanwhile, believe in just three: Men, Women, and Men who act like women. These odd gender roles are not unique to Narkpop, but regardless have caused a much more relaxed view towards sexuality and gender, focusing more on Dominance and Passiveness over biological sex. However, while sexuality and equality between the sexes is much more prevalent, equality between the genders is a lot less so. For those who want to change their gender - whether due to gender dysphoria or wanting to escape their gender roles, they typically have to go through a complex ceremony where they “prove” that their gender has changed, which is a problem given how most Narkpop are “assigned” their gender at a relatively young age. Similarly, sexuality between the same gender is generally frowned upon - though not entirely considered wrong.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here?: If possible. While I consider myself to be a decent writer and wurldbuilder, I have never used iiwiki before and otherwise would feel more comfortable if I am helped.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I was looking for high-quality RPs and I found the region of Eurth. I have seen region members and I knew the region was high-quality, so I want to join the region because it seems like an extremely high-quality roleplay and I am frankly bored with creating high-quality nations for the sole purpose of making jokes on F7.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: Yes. I had been temporarily banned from NS due to making inflammatory statements which I made due to the presumption that I was being a lot calmer than I actually was. However, this was five years ago and I have since not been warned or banned.  

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? Yes

If so, give a brief accounting of it.  I created my first nation, Hammer Britannia, in 2016. It was not good. However, I have since created several nations including Wexas, the Near Islands, Yooper High Kingdom, Holy Federation of Stars, and other nations with wurldbuilding ranging from decent to extensive. 

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? I currently have a WA puppet that I used to raid a region with my friends. I am not a raider and neither are my friends, but they thought it would be funny if we raided a founderless region formerly run by a known homophobe. Not very classy, I know. But if it is required to do so, I may switch accounts.

Anything else?: No, but if I do have further questions/statements/comments, I will ask.

YOUR RP NATION
Full Name of Nation: Ulfheimr
Government type of nation: Tribal Oligarchies
Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Scandinavian and Slavic
Give us a short description of your nation: Ulfheimr is a secluded land where tribal families rule the land by right of "divine bloodline". The people are hard-working and devout in their way of life. The Ulfans believe that some things should be unchanged and tradition is paramount. In other cases, they are more than happy to innovate in weapons of war or defense when a neighboring tribe's king has announced that the gods have spoken to him, and they must make war on their neighbor. It is simultaneously a war torn and a peaceful country, for this is their way of life.  
Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet

WRITING EXPERIENCE
How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? I would say I am well experienced. 
How would you describe yourself? I need heavy stimulation to keep my mind anchored throughout the day. I enjoy debates, uncomfortable topics and reasoned discussions. 

“Olga, get inside, those vermin Haklangr will be here soon,” Tyrfing gently clapped his hand on his wife’s shoulder, and squeezed the blue lace. While Olga was casually cleaning a washbasin with the other women at the well, Tyrfing and the other men scanned the horizon and through the trees. Tyrfing held an AK-47 in one hand as he pushed Olga back to the wood home; he had spent all summer carving the posts with the faces of the gods and preserving them against the elements.

“You should have more faith in our gods, “ Olga scowled at him slightly, then smiled and brought him a longsword from inside their home, “Carry your namesake, so they can run when they see you,” 

Tyrfing shouldered the blade, “The gods will not help those who cannot help themselves, my woman. Now go,” he pushed her aside and corralled the elder women from the well. To the side, the older men painted runes on the foreheads of the boys that now stood old enough with them to defend the village. They were bind runes of courage and to cause fear to the enemy; the smooth ash from the campfire gave them a fearsome appearance indeed. Tyrfing allowed himself to relax for a moment against a birch tree log that had its future in the wall around their village. He allowed himself to feel the breeze carry the moss-smell of the nearby farms to his nostrils. And like the crack of Thor’s hammer, an incendiary grenade exploded in the square, shattering cobblestone and spraying the men with fire. 

“The hounds of Laufeyson are upon us!” Tyrfing bellowed and sprung to action, running up to the top of the palisade. He pulled his sword free and sliced the fingers of a man trying to climb the logs. Tyrfing did not wait for the thud on the forest floor, he leaned over and his AK-47 sang with him the praises to gods of war. Blessed by his enemies blood, Tyrfing howled like a madman with his kin and they leaped over the wall like Ulfhednar in pursuit of their prey. Some men dropped their rifles and set upon the enemy with their bare hands, who quickly responded to the assault with peppering gunfire of their own. 

A flanking assailant had made it into the village during the commotion, Olga saw him leave the home of her… former neighbor Aida. The man’s knife shone wet and his eyes met Olga’s. Gleeful for another easy kill, the man rushed into her home. His clothing was black leather and caught on a hook by the door, and he tumbled and fell onto the wood floor in front of a pair of wide eyed children. 

Olga skidded to his side and watched keenly as he cradled his arm.

“M-my wrist is broken!” the man cried to no one and looked at Olga for help, “I am disarmed, please capture me and spare me!” He spoke quickly for he saw the woman grab the knife from him. 

Olga snapped her fingers at the children, “Take his legs,” and opened the door. The man was dragged out of the house and his cries were pounded into the dirt as the children haphazardly dragged the man through grass and horse droppings. They dropped him by a stone slab still red and slick with the cow of the early morning.

“What are you doing you bastards!?” The man screeched like a goat and scrambled his boots away from children who opened more wounds on his body than he suffered in the battle.

Olga kicked him in the stomach and dragged him screaming by the hair to the altar brandishing his own knife, “ You are the assurance… that the gods will bring my husband back home!”

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? No. 

NATIONSTATES
Why do you want to join this region?: It  appears to be an active and detail oriented server. 
Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: No.
Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I have played nationstates on and off for years and frequented a forum called nova historiae, but that forum is dead and it has led me here. 
Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? No and No.

Anything else?:

Providing any falsified or deliberately misleading information will result in your application being rejected and your access to the forum revoked. 

By submitting this form, you are indicating that you agree to abide by the community and RP rules of this community. Any breach thereof may result in disciplinary action including but not limited to revoking of forum posting rights, banning from the forum, removal of regional citizenship, and ejection from the region.

YOUR RP NATION
Full Name of Nation:
Socialist Federal Republic of Volta (English
Sozialistische Föderativen Republik Voltaern (Voltan) (side note: Voltan is a creole language based on a German-ish language, I just haven't finished conlanging it yet)

Single-party socialist/communist republic (on paper)
Totalitarian dictatorship (in practice, will change in RP)

Majority: Voltan (an ethnic group that developed from the original German-ish colonists mixing with natives)
Minorities: Natives

Give us a short description of your nation: Volta was originally a colony of [haven't decided which country yet, but culturally and linguistically it should be close to rl Germans]. After it gained independence there was a brief period where it was ruled as a dictatorship by the president that fought it's war for independence, but after the Voltan Civil War (known as the Voltan Revolution inside Volta) that government was replaced with rule by the Communist Party of Volta. Politically it became a dictatorship, similar to the Soviet Union under Stalin or China under Mao. The nation itself is somewhat developed, with it being industrialized and having a small tech industry (that rarely ever exports its products, as it was created by the government to satisfy a need without relying on foreign companies). Voltans themselves aren't exactly happy with their current government and want reforms, but aren't able to voice their objections. Their current leader, Chancellor Franz Ulbricht, doesn't allow it. In addition to the general dictatorship, there are other particularities. For example, many individuals are reluctant to seek mental health treatment, due to the mental health part of the medical field being co-opted by the government to discredit political opponents.

Do you have an IIWiki page?: Not yet, but I intend on making one at some point.

WRITING EXPERIENCE
I've been roleplaying in some form since I was in middle school, so I have quite a bit of experience.

How would you describe yourself? a creative mind that has more ideas than I have the ability to put on paper.

The below is the introductory post of an RP started I wrote a while ago for a different RP country called Akitsu. Time-period wise it would be based in what is considered the early-1800's in today's calendar with tech appropriate for that level (for the record, it was an MTRP but I got permission from the admins to have this RP be based in the past). In this RP Akitsu was trying to modernize so as to prevent itself from being conquered by other countries (think Japan's modernization after the Meiji Restoration).

Marth 5th, 1432 (30th Year of Ninji)

A sigh left Emperor Motoharu's mouth as his eyes swept over the latest report from his councillors. It wasn't every day that a report like this one came in. No, this wasn't your everyday report about the progress of the Empire, the status of the two warlords, or the complaint from the peasantry. This was a much more serious matter, a matter that he had been told could make the difference between the death and survival of not only his Empire, but the Akitian land as a whole.

Everyone knew that the foreign barbarians had conquered Hoinom a while ago, and indeed more land than that. But not many had put much thought into what that meant. After all, Hoinom was a distant nation with a relationship with Akitsu that only extended as far as economic trade. They weren't nearly as powerful as Tieguo, or Akitsu for that matter. Nobody thought that what happened to Hoinom could happen to Akitsu.

And yet a few months ago, rumors had started spreading among the peasantry. It started with a small tale on the docks, from traders returning from Hoinom. But news of this quickly spread to througout his Empire, and even beyond. Some people in Hoinom had taken up arms against their foreign rulers, attempting to fight for their independence and drive out the foreigners. They were crushed more quickly than anyone could imagine. Descriptions of how the Hoinomese tried to fight against the foreigners with swords and spears were about, only to be mowed down by a gun. Guns weren't something particularly new to Motoharu's ear, but he heard tales that these foreigners had developed a new type of gun, something that they could load in the fraction of the time that it took for one to load up an Akitian gun. This new type of gun they called a "rifle", and Motoharu could barely believe the tales he heard of it's capabilities.

Should this turn out to be nothing more than peasant rabble, then he had no reason to be concerned. But what if this wasn't just peasant rabble? After all, how had the foreigners taken the land to the south without some advantage? From what Motoharu understood, their homelands were far from this region, how had they managed to conquer land so far from their homelands, logic dictated that the supply lines necessary alone would cause the failure of such an endeavor. Yet the foreigners had succeeded. So perhaps, Motoharu thought, there was more credence to these rumors than he had previously thought.

Setting aside the report, Motoharu waved at one of the palace guards.

"Call the Rōjū, I want to meet with him." he said. The guard bowed and quickly left. The Rōjū was the highest position in the Imperial Council, Motoharu's chief advisor and the man who executed much of his decisions. The current Rōjū, Sakai Nobutsuna, was a man of his word. Not afraid to speak up his mind when he disagreed with the Emperor, but still willing to carry out the Emperor's will. Someone who was willing to provide an alternate perspective to the current state of affairs and express it, always working for the betterment of the Kobayakawa clan. Motoharu couldn't have picked a better man for the job.

It only took a few moments for Sakai to arrive.

"What is it, Emperor?" he asked "Is this regarding the recent report regarding the situation in Hoinom?" Motoharu smiled, as usual Sakai was on top of things.

"Yes, some of the descriptions regarding what happened in the report concerns me greatly." Motoharu's voice was calm, yet at the same time conveyed a sense of urgency. "I'm concerned that if we simply sit around and do nothing there will come a time when we will no longer be able to proudly call ourselves a strong and independent country, where we will be subservient to the will of these foreigners." Motoharu paused for a moment, letting Sakai get his thoughts.

"Nobutsuna, you have been my most senior and trusted advisor for the last 15 years. Before I do anything drastic, I want your opinion. How would you describe the situation?" Sakai remained silent for a while, obviously thinking through his response very carefully. This could be a decision that would affect Akitsu for generations, both Sakai and Motoharu knew this, so neither wanted to make the wrong decision. After nearly three minutes of dead silence, Sakai spoke.

"I agree with your analysis of the situation, something must be done." he said "My recommendation would be to learn from these foreigners. There must be a reason for their comparative strength, if we can observe and learn from them perhaps we can learn the key to it. There will need to be changes made, major changes. I'm sure that many people will not be happy with it....." Sakai took a deep breath and looked Motoharu straight in the eyes.

"However, I'm afraid that if we cling too much to ancient traditions then there will be no future for your great clan." Motoharu smiled. It wasn't a smile of happiness, nor was it a smile of sorrow. It was a smile of determination, determination to ensure that his land would stand the test of time.

"I agree fully with your suggestion, the necessary decrees shall be issued at once." answered Motoharu "How would you feel about putting together a mission to these countries?"

To the Heads of State of the Enlightened Countries,

Where our throne has stood upon the harbor of autumn for many generations, bringing peace and prosperity to the people who live here, we have neglected to establish meaningful diplomatic contact with the friendly countries of faraway lands. To this end, we believe it is time to dispatch an Embassy to the Courts of Government of these countries with which we have spoken to rarely if ever. We have thought fit to send Sakai Nobutsuna, Chief Councillor of the Imperial Court of the Empire of Akitsu, along with a party of officials personally selected by him, and have vested in them the power to travel to these friendly countries in order to declare our cordial friendship, and to place peaceful relations betweeen our countries on stronger and broader foundation. We expect to reform and improve upon our nation so as to stand upon the same footing as your enlightened countries. The civilization and institutions upon which the Empire of Akitsu is build upon is far different to that of your countries, so we cannot expect to achieve these goals at once. It is our purpose to select from the institutions of your enlightened nations the one best suited for our situation and adopt them in gradual reforms and improvements to our country.

With this object we desire to fully disclose the conditions of our Empire to the government of your countries, and to consult upon the means of giving the institutions of our Empire greater efficiency at present and in the future. The members of this Embassy have our full confidence and esteem, and we request that those countries willing to receive them treat them with full credence and due regard.

Signed
Emperor Motoharu Kobayakawa

Sure, why not, it'll probably help me get adjusted here.

NATIONSTATES
Why do you want to join this region?
I've been looking for a good nation-based RP region for a while now.

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?
Not any human ones, though one time I did get blocked by an anti-spam bot for sending chat messages too fast during a rather heated argument with someone whom I once called my friend (but not anymore, long story I'd rather not get in to here). Block was only for 15 minutes though.

I've been off-and-on with NS for a while now. I've been more active on the RP sites than on NS itself actually.

I am not, and I am not planning on it currently, but am fully willing to join if requested to.

Anything else?
Nothing that comes to mind right now.

Edited by KudoJin (see edit history)

YOUR RP NATION
Full Name of Nation: Confederacy of Walneria

Government type of nation: Decentralised centrist neutral democratic secular unicameral parliamentary republic

Culture/ethnicity of your nation: Historically Slavic, but over time, it got germanised. There are still Slavic linguistic islands in multiple areas of the country, but the official national language, Walnerian, is a germanic language, highly related to German, which has notable Slavic influence (mostly Czech and Sorbian).

Give us a short description of your nation: It is a country of 12.5 million inhabitants, possibly landlocked or with indirect access, that had remained mostly neutral in the last 2 centuries. It is a mostly protestant (although many people claim agnosticism and atheism) nation, however a secular

Do you have an IIWiki page?: I would generally want to create one once I got an assigned location on the map first, but the current running idea is a nation of 12.5 million inhabitants which borders at least one slavic (ideally Western Slavic) and one germanic (ideally German) countries.

WRITING EXPERIENCE
How would you describe your level of experience in regards to roleplaying? I have spent over a year wurldbuilding my first nation, Zhousheng, its demographics, administration and the Union it sits in. In Anteria, I have organized a list of space missions, created a Vatican City equivalent, organized a linguistic belt with other players, created and am still working on a wurld War with others, created both dramatical and mockumentary series and developed an alterenate board game for the lore.
In regards to cultural wurldbuilding, I created 8 conlangs myself (including one sign language) and cooperate on 3 more with other players. I also am developing my own branch of Christianity. I created a backbone introduction dictionary for potentional members of Anteria as a introductionary tool and established an alternate Zodiac (by making a constellations map) and created multiple fictional planet geographies (and I fabricated a fake loonar landing video for the lore).

How would you describe yourself? Mostly impulsive in wurldbuilding, but generally dedicated. I dislike the real time roleplay, so I would most likely not participate much in it, but I would contribute a lot in regards to history, culture and lore.

RP/Writing samples (if available already): I am not sure what exactly am I supposed to post here, so I will copy an introduction of the Nartel and War of the Council iiwiki pages, but for better orientation, see my userpage on IIWiki.

Nartel, originally created as a reformation from ZHOUTEL (Zhoushi Television) in 1985 with the National Integration Bill, currently serves as a public service paid from taxes: Most of the channels are payed for by the taxpayers and are accessible for free to all Zhoushi citizens. Nartel officially absorbed NTVMB (Public broadcasting company of Monte Blanco), with the reunification of Mustelaria in 2020.

Although the funding is mostly payed by the taxpayers, substantial amount of funding comes from the advertisement breaks and original movies/series filmed by the filmmakers cooperating with Nartel.

Among more famous products of Nartel TV is a political comedy "ⲓⲁⲥⲛⲟ ⲁⲓ ⲥⲧⲣⲩⲧϣⲛⲟ/Jasno ai stučno" (Clearly and Concisely in Common) ( Monte Blanco, 2012), alternate history drama "Maꞇчina" (The Motherland in Common) ( Mustelaria, 2020). science fiction horror "Foxtrot-13" ( Zhousheng, 1996, remake in 2020) or "ⅩⅠ: You would not taste foreign sugar" (11: Ƞeȝuꞇiш cuƌigo cukru in Zhoushi; 11: Ⲛⲉⲟⲭⲩⲧⲛⲁϣ ⲧⲥⲓⲍⲓⲅⲟ ⲧⲥⲩⲕⲣⲁ in Belgorian)( Mustelaria, 1996, remake in 2020)

Nartel is often seen as a impartial TV channel, as it is not controlled by the politicians, although being state-funded. In 2003, Conservative zhoushi government attempted controlling the media by cuting its funding, which started a wave of peaceful demonstrations,[1] which eventually forced the government to abdicate and caused a overall shift toward liberalism.

Nartel is also known for making a high-quality documentaries. Among those, one of the most famous would be the TV series "Important Moments" (Dөleʒite momenty in Zhoushi), which works on reconstructing historical footage.

Before 1938

After the breakup of the Empire of Three Kings, total of three big countries arose from the imperial ashes: Monte Blanco, Zhengia and Bogmia. Monte Blanco, the biggest of those, quickly set up isolationist policies. Zhengia and Bogmia quickly fell into a economic downturn caused by the collapse of unified economic institutions. By 1912, a Zhoushi Union was formed by a cooperation charter in Zhousheng City (Bogmia), trying to integrate the two country economies into one and quickly develop industries. Although this system perfectly worked in the East and in the South, but across the mountain range in the West, Bogmian territories were still lacking behind, mostly because the remnants of Haldenia continuously raiding northern Bogmian lands as well as Eastern Gadorien. That also caused many riots and breaking of industrial machines, causing even more economic downturn.

Red Spring

In early February 1938, the failing regional administration in Haldenia fell apart and the political vacuum was filled by communist sympathisers. The new "Halderian Commune" tried consolidating its pre-imperial borders (Bogmian-Gadori border was unspecified eversince the collapse of the Empire of Three Kings, but was relatively calm, following ethnic boundaries (although de-facto control of the area was discutable as local Halderian separatists were de-facto either directly or indirectly administering local cities).

In late April, similar revolution occured in the rest of Bogmian territories, declaring the "Union of Bogmian Councils" as the legitimate worker-farmer proletar government. Haldenian Commune took the opportunity for the recognition and power and joined the Council State as of early May. On May 9th, early in the morning, Bogmian police, post, railroads and administrative institutions were attacked by untrained Council militiamen. Although better trained and far better equiped, Bogmian officers were quickly overrun by a body of revolutionaries. This act is seen as a official declaration of war.

Do you wish to have a mentor assigned to you to help guide you through the start of your time here? I am not sure if I need one. I may ask for one in future if I notice I have problems getting used to the Eurth way of doing things.

NATIONSTATES

Why do you want to join this region?: I wanted to try out new things my first nation in Anteria doesn't allow me to, because of the lore I created for it. I joined Eurth because I was recommended to try it out

Have you ever had trouble with any moderators?: Honestly, I rarely get into trouble, mostly because I say what I think at many times without wanting to offend anybody

Do you have any prior experience on NationStates? If so, give a brief accounting of it. I have had a nation named Free Union of Bohmia back in 2019, but I returned to NationStates in early 2020 and founded my first serious nation, named Zhousheng. Currently, I created my second nation (Walneria), to play on Eurth.

Are you currently or do you plan to be a member of the NationStates wurld Assembly? I do not want to create a second email to register Walneria as a WA member, so unless I change my mind in the future, I will restrain from WA activity

Anything else?: I would like to not be thrown in between authoritarian countries, I would like at least some democratic nations on my border, because it is essential to my considered lore. I do not care if I have a sea access or not (I do not wish to be an island nation), and if possible, I would like to be in a temperate climate similar to Central or Eastern Europe