Sarbo Broadcasting Channel - SBC

Alenveil

SBC.png?width=400&height=218

Televisions across the country flicker with static as the broadcasting service lies in wait. A voice begins to transmit through the storm of static as the image on the screen begins to clear. A swirling assortment of colors flutter across the screen as a 3D globe spins. Blue and white bars swirl around the globe and for the letters "S," "B," and "C." A voice speaks as the color begins to fade. 

"Thank you for tuning in to SBC, I'm Emilia Sada,"

"And I'm Marco Messore. Stay tuned for the most trusted Alenian news. Politics, interviews, and much more are to come."

SBC.png

The intro sequence of SBC plays across Alenian television sets as it fades into a shot of the newsroom. There were two people sitting in chairs in the center of the newsroom, a man and a woman. The man was wearing a business-casual outfit while the woman was wearing formal attire. "Good morning, and thank you for tuning in. I'm Emilia Sada and today we're with the man who discovered the possible key to our national heritage, Namazio Sinagra. Namazio, I understand you were taking a stroll through the forest when you discovered this... artifact."

Namazio shifts in his chair slightly as he begins to speak. It's clear in his voice that he's in his 40s. "Yeah, um, I was taking a stroll a little way outside of Verolieri. I went out about, eh... 3 miles east, and that's when I found it. This little curved, rectangular block sticking up from the dirt. That's when I ran back and grabbed my shovel and started digging. I kept finding more, and more, and more...and that's when I called the archaeologists."

Emilia continues as a narrator. "At 5:20, the archaeologists arrived and began their dig. They've already found what appears to be a wall in the Verolieri forests. They haven't hit the floor yet, but they are extremely close. I'm Emilia Sada, thank you for watching."

And the screen fades out to commercial.

• 2 months later...

SBC.png

Once again, the SBC introduction sequence plays as it opens up to the scene of the two normal reporters. Donning a black 3-piece-suit, the man sat with a small stack of about 3 papers in his hands, and the woman, fitted with a business formal outfit, sat with her hands folded against the table. 

"Good afternoon, and thank you for tuning in. I'm Emilia Sada."

"And I'm Marco Messore." Marco began to read off the scrolling teleprompter, reading off the report that had been written for him and his coworker. "Today, a breach of PyeMcGowan national security has been discovered. A multitude of highly confidential information has been stolen, including information about @Theodoria and the @PyeMcGowanian navy, and the majesty is somewhat worried for the state of the Auraid bay."

Mrs. Sada jumped into the conversation with her own input, changing the subject and following the command of the teleprompter. "In other news, Matteo Arlotta, the nationally acclaimed archaeologist, is reported to be heading in for a meeting about the recently discovered Aresi Stone. He will be heading to the Alenian Museum of National History in Sarbo incredibly soon and will be accomplishing whatever he needs, but he won't be doing it alone."

"Reports have stated that he's also invited multiple archaeologists from different nations, including his old childhood friend and companion Tenki Houen from the @Sunset Sea Islands, as well as those from PyeMcGowan and even an ambassador from the @Rihan Republic. We weren't able to get ahold of Matteo Arlotta to hear his thoughts on the matter."

Edited by Alenveil (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

SBC.png

Once again, the SBC introduction sequence plays as it opens up to the scene of an anchorwoman. The woman was wearing a dark red, business-formal suit, reading off of the teleprompter.

"Good evening, thank you for tuning in. I'm Emilia Sada," the woman was incredibly gloomy in her expression as she began. "As many of you are already aware, a harsh terrorist attack on multiple @PyeMcGowan cities have left hundreds of citizens dead. In a few minutes, King Damocle La Pollo will be delivering a speech to the...citizens of PyeMcGowan. No one knows who the culprit is, or what their intentions are, things are still incredibly chaotic. The speech will be beginning, I believe, now. We will broadcast after the commercial break, thank you for watching.

The final commercial ends, and it opens up on a bronze-skied Virunum Palace with the seal of the king, a dark blue circle with a crescent moon and harp resting in the middle, on a podium. A medium-sized man steps out on to the podium and has the crowd play the national anthem as King Damocle La Pollo steps on to the stage. The anthem fades out, and he speaks.

"Good evening, everyone. As you know, we stand here today to mourn the attacks on PyeMcGowan yesterday and today. I wanted to make a few comments on it, and offer my condolences. Once again we've seen an outrageous attempt to terrorize innocent civilians. This is an attack not just on Charleston, or Dawson. It's an attack not just on the people of PyeMcGowan, but this is an attack on all of humanity and the universal values that we share.

We stand ready to provide whatever assistance the PyeMcGowian government may need, for they have stood next to us time and time again multiple times throughout our history. They were with us when we were freed from @Limonaian colonization, and stood with us against their tyranny. We will stand together against this threat of terrorism for as long as it looms in our borders. Those who think that they can terrorize the PyeMcGowians and the values they stand for are wrong because they share them with us, and we will fight to the ends of the Eurth for it to stay that way. 

We don’t yet know all the details of what has happened. We have been in contact with PyeMcGowian officials to communicate our deepest condolences to the families of those who have been killed, to offer our prayers and thoughts to those who have been wounded. We have offered our full support to them. The situation is still unfolding. I’ve chosen not to call King George or Prime Minister Willowston at this time because my expectation is that they are very busy at the moment. But I am confident that I'll be in direct communications with them in the next few days, and we’ll be coordinating in any ways that they think are helpful in the investigation of what’s happened.

I’m sure that in the days ahead we’ll learn more about exactly what happened, and my teams will make sure that we are in communication with the press to provide you accurate information. I don’t want to speculate at this point in terms of who was responsible for this. It appears that there may still be live activity and dangers that are taking place as we speak. And so until we know from PyeMcGowian officials that the situation is under control, and we have for more information about it, I don’t want to speculate."

"Thank you very much," and with applause, King La Pollo steps off the stage.

Edited by Alenveil (see edit history)