Expansion: Prymont

Just to put my official stamp here, I approve of his plans and they are a green light from me!

13 minutes ago, Rihan said:

I look at this way - he's essentially taking Siberia. The odds that any nation either expands in that direction or even start out there seems unlikely to me. This is me assuming our general growth rate of active RP'ers.

No, it's fair.

I'm not objecting; merely noting.

It'd be too hypocritical of me to object to this, I feel.

@Tagmatium Rules Thanks for your feedback. I understand you're not objecting, but to add further clarification, the fourth expansion will largely see Prymont continue as is regarding the location of the population. Much like @Rihan noted, the majority of the land is Siberia, thus preventing me from gaining a massive population. Most of the citizens will be located along the southern edges where the climate is warmer.

The New World is lacking any massive countries by size, and I think this will begin to remedy that issue. Hardly anyone is settling in and around eastern Argis - it's not as if I'm claiming all of the remaining land in central Argis, which is a popular place for people to locate.

Edited by Prymont (see edit history)
On 8/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, Prymont said:

After progressing Project Canamo along and planning some future writing, I'd like to present an expansion/future claims plan. 

1. Prymontian Rus

wA1c516.png

Step 1 simply sees the renaming of The Hellenic Rus to Prymontian Rus. This will become official in RP around October when I roleplay local elections, and the country will eventually become one with the United States around 2020. 

2. The Canamo Canal

xDgRWGY.png

The Canamo Canal is an upcoming project between myself, @Iverica, and @Girkmand, which will connect the Canamo Sea to the Mediargic Sea. This will be roleplayed over the span of around 14 months, and will start in the next fortnight or so. It will oversee the purchase of all of that land south of the Hellenic Rus, while leaving enough space for @Ahrana to expand west as he's mentioned in PMs. If it's okay, I'd like confirmation that he's happy to see this go ahead, and any further comments he has.

3. Claiming northern lands

GAGDsYh.png

This will be roleplayed as part of Project Canamo, but will see Prymontian Rus expand northwards through diplomatic deals with the defunct Germanic Staat. It will give me a strategic position in the Canamo Sea and provide slightly more land for oil mining around Point Kanamoi. This expansion will happen shortly after the Prymontian Rus elections, so around December 2018 - February 2019.

4. United States' eastern expansion

Q48yXYB.png

This will be the biggest expansion of them all, and will take place throughout 2019 after Prymontian Rus has been fully taken over. If you overlay the map of Eurth over a map of Earth, you'll see that Prymont is roughly where Greenland is. At the most southern point, this expansion will bring me south of Iceland, allowing for a much larger population and warmer climates. The roleplay will see several countries apply to be part of the United States, after seeing such beneficial deals like ATARA and TRIDENT, as well as seeing Prymont's influence over central Argis grow. As it's such a massive expansion, I'd appreciate the comments of any available Argic countries, specifically @Theodoria if they're around. 

The map is slowly filling up, but there are still masses of unclaimed land. Since I joined in July 2017, two nations have settled in eastern Argis - Astriedan and Theodoria. As such, Step 4 won't interfere with a popular area of land as not many people seem to be interested in it. These expansions also serve the purpose of filling up some empty space and creating a large nation in Argis, which the continent is currently missing. I've specifically proposed this idea in the cartography channel on Discord previously, and it was well received. However, I'm still open to feedback and the comments of the moderation team.

yeah, im still here lol. I'll probably post something sooooon. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd like to reopen this request now that I've returned to the community.

Could I have Point 2 re-marked on the map as reserved? I notice that it was recently removed. The roleplay for this will be covered in the Canamo Canal and Project Canamo. The Operation Overlord story arc will detail most of this as the Prymontian Rus Sarov Army seeks to eliminate the leader of the Circle of Death and remove any errant strands of terrorism in the south. 

Points 3 & 4 are still future goals but I'm not concerned about them just yet.

• 1 year later...
On 8/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, Prymont said:

The map is slowly filling up, but there are still masses of unclaimed land. Since I joined in July 2017, two nations have settled in eastern Argis - Astriedan and Theodoria. As such, Step 4 won't interfere with a popular area of land as not many people seem to be interested in it.

Oh how the tables turned...

I'd like to revisit this thread and revitalise it now I'm active in the community again.

Phase 1: Southern Prymontian Rus

xvHFuTR.png

This reserved land south of the Prymontian Rus is currently being treated as a natural part of the country. The expansion is taking part through several threads, namely Project Canamo and the Canamo Canal. Project Canamo incorporates the Prymontian Rus Sarov Army eradicating any remaining pockets of the Circle of Death in the south, while the Canamo Canal is self-explanatory. The aim is to complete Phase 1 by winter 2021 at the very latest.

Phase 2: Veskoniemi

MuwMYHT.png

The original plan to create a Thiccmont spreading eastwards has been abandoned due to the introduction of new nations in that area. However, I still like the idea of states applying to join the US, and as such would like to expand through more peaceful means with Veskoniemi. This !Finnish state was first referenced here, and hasn't been mentioned since. I'd like to start working on this to consolidate Prymont's position on the eastern Canamo coast and to create a land border with Ahrana. Veskoniemi will hold a referendum applying to join the United States after seeing the success Prymont has enjoyed since 1995 with TRIDENT, ATARA, WARD and the likes. I aim to have this started ASAP and finished no later than January 2022.

Phase 3: Northern Prymontian Rus

JA0OepU.png

Eventually I'd like to stretch PryRus from the Mediargic to the Argic and this would achieve that. Not only would it grant PryRus access to oil fields in the north, but it would fully cement Prymont's place in the Canamo political landscape. This is a future RP and would likely take place in 2022, through either land purchases or a military takeover of some uninhabited NPC territory.

Tagging @Ahrana, @Ateenia and @Mokhavia for input.

Edited by Prymont (see edit history)
7 minutes ago, Prymont said:

I'd like to revisit this thread and revitalise it now I'm active in the community again.

xvHFuTR.png

This reserved land south of the Prymontian Rus is currently being treated as a natural part of the country. The expansion is taking part through several threads, namely Project Canamo and the Canamo Canal. Project Canamo incorporates the Prymontian Rus Sarov Army eradicating any remaining pockets of the Circle of Death in the south, while the Canamo Canal is self-explanatory. The aim is to complete Phase 1 by winter 2021 at the very latest.

MuwMYHT.png

The original plan to create a Thiccmont spreading eastwards has been abandoned due to the introduction of new nations in that area. However, I still like the idea of states applying to join the US, and as such would like to expand through more peaceful means with Veskoniemi. This !Finnish state was first referenced here, and hasn't been mentioned since. I'd like to start working on this to consolidate Prymont's position on the eastern Canamo coast and to create a land border with Ahrana. Veskoniemi will hold a referendum applying to join the United States after seeing the success Prymont has enjoyed since 1995 with TRIDENT, ATARA, WARD and the likes. I aim to have this started ASAP and finished no later than January 2022.

JA0OepU.png

Eventually I'd like to stretch PryRus from the Mediargic to the Argic and this would achieve that. Not only would it grant PryRus access to oil fields in the north, but it would fully cement Prymont's place in the Canamo political landscape. This is a future RP and would likely take place in 2022, through either land purchases or a military takeover of some uninhabited NPC territory.

I think the only input i rly have to put is that we should prolly figure out some sort of agreement due to me rellying on that straigt between my lakes* and the canamo for trade, i dont want to completely relly on ateenia so yeah.

6 minutes ago, Mokhavia said:

I think the only input i rly have to put is that we should prolly figure out some sort of agreement due to me rellying on that straigt between my lakes* and the canamo for trade, i dont want to completely relly on ateenia so yeah.

Once the thread's up and running I'd be more than happy for you to get involved to make sure Mokhavia's interests don't go unheard.

19 hours ago, Prymont said:

xvHFuTR.png

MuwMYHT.png

JA0OepU.png

I dont realy have any problems with these expansions. It does give me a concern that the Canamo Sea entry and exit points will all be controlled by Prymont and thus we would have to rely on Prymont for the ability to trade with Ahrana through sea.

Other then that i dont have any problems with these plans and wont realy resist it. We would be happier if Ahrana got that souther coast of the strait exiting our lakes in Phase 2.

20 hours ago, Prymont said:

xvHFuTR.png

MuwMYHT.png

JA0OepU.png

I approve. And have no issues.