Limonaian Diplomatic Communications

Limonaia

From: His Royal Highness Grand Duke Vittorio Emanuele VI di Cabrena of Limonaia

To: Emperor Heinrich Johannes Fleischmann III of the Holy Empire of Derthalen, King of the Kingdom of Derthalen, Lord-Protector of the Imperial Truth, and Warmaster of the Imperial Military Forces.

It has come to my attention that you are currently in search of a consort. I'd like to officially suggest my daughter and heir, Hereditary Grand Duchess Margarita Desiderata di Cabrena as your Empress-Consort which would hopefully help tie our two great houses closer together. It is however to be noted that to maintain Limonaian sovereignty I wish that should you accept the marriage proposal the marriage be a matrilineal one allowing the house of Cabrena to continue ruling Limonaia.

God be with you.

Edited by Limonaia (see edit history)

From: Emperor Heinrich Johannes Fleischmann III of the Holy Empire of Derthalen, King of the Kingdom of Derthalen, Lord-Protector of the Imperial Truth, and Warmaster of the Imperial Military Forces. 
To: His Royal Highness Grand Duke Vittorio Emanuele VI di Cabrena of Limonaia

Honourable Duke,

Your proposal is very pleasing. Your knowledge of my quest to find new consorts is surprising, but not displeasing. I would am more than happy to accept this betrothal and to take her as one of my wives. All issue from this marriage will be of the house di Cabrena, with titles following normal succession laws. The honours of Empress of Derthalen and Queen of Derthalen will be conferred onto the Duchess as soon as we are wed. 

Further arrangements will be made between us shortly.

Thought for the day;

Our presence remakes the past.

Edited by Derthalen (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

From: Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia

To: Emperor Heinrich Johannes Fleischmann III of the Holy Empire of Derthalen, King of the Kingdom of Derthalen, Lord-Protector of the Imperial Truth, and Warmaster of the Imperial Military Forces

I regret to inform you that, with my father's death I have personally decided to cancel the marriage. The people of Limonaia would not be happy if this marriage happened, and I fear it could hurt our diplomatic ties hugely. I am certain that you will find comfort in your current wives.

God bless.

• 2 months later...

To: Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia

It is with a heavy heart that I send this message today. I believe the scale of this calamity warrants more than a simple diplomatic communique between ministries. Earlier yesterday, the Royal Navy ship HMS Argos recieved a brief distress call from an ocean liner that was enroute to Seylos from your country. However, before they were able to give any helpful information as to the identity of their attacker their distress call cut off. The Argos immediately moved to investigate but as of yet has found no sign of the ship. We do know from our records the ship was at full capacity, and due to the extreme instability occurring now i the Dolch See, we believe this to be a direct act of piracy. As of this moment, the Argos and her crew have continued their search for the ship, but the search is taking them dangerously close to Derthalen's territorial waters.

The people of Seylos stand with Limonaia today, and we offer any level of assistance we can provide to rescue the souls onboard.

**The following is an encrypted message meant for the Grand Duchess's eyes only**

The Royal Navy has had some time to investigate, and while the possibility of other rogue actors in the region still stands. We believe based on the evidence so far Derthalen is most likely culprit for this attack. We are prepared to offer any assistance possible to stop this threat.

**Encrypted message ends**

• 4 weeks later...

From: Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia

To: King Aidan Redmond of the Kingdom of Seylos

First of all I'd like to apologize for the late reply to your message. I on behalf of all of Limonaia thank you and your Kingdom for providing this information with us, I've been discussing possible options with the cabinet and our General staff regarding the possibility of ending the threat that Derthalen poses by military intervention. While I may stretch that request for assistance a bit too far by asking for something this direct, if it would interest you I would like for our nations to cooperate in this action, as I am sure that we share an interest in this.

While I can't say too much yet the assistance of the Seylosian navy and Air force would be extremely useful to any effort against Derthalen, and if we could be allowed to stage our troops on Seylos that would be greatly appreciated. I could go on about how we could cooperate, although I'd recommend that we should talk in person over the options we have, and if you're willing to do this in the first place.

God bless!

Edit: Just to avoid confusion this message is not public, and solely for King Aidan.

• 3 weeks later...

*Encrypted Communique*

To: Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia

Derthalen has long been a thorn in our side both as a military and economic threat in the form of piracy. For some time the Kingdom of Seylos has been preparing for action of our own. We believe that a cooperation between our two nations in paramount in importance. If Limonaia is ready to begin such action, the Seylosian Armed Forces will join in this endeavor. Our air, naval and army bases are open for the Limonaian military to begin military preparations, for which we believe should begin immediately.

Our top defense officials will be contacting your own to facilitate this quantity of military assets in our country.

• 1 month later...

From: Her Royal Highness Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia

To: Foorste Fraue Dina Diva of @Variota

With tensions in the Dolch sea increasing, we wish to request formal permission from Variota to send our Warships through the Keelpijp, as it is an essential passage for us if a war or conflict erupts in the area. I hope that you understand that Limonaia has no hostile intent against Variota, and would infact enjoy closer ties if possible. I see no reason for us to be enemies, as I believe we both have common concerns regarding the rogue state of Derthalen.

God Bless,

0pM0n3j.png

From: Dina Diva, Foorste Frauwe fan'es Ferantwortelik fan'es Folke of Het Huisselant
To: Grand Duchess Margherita Desiderata I di Cabrena of Limonaia
Regarding: Passage of Military Naval Forces

My dear Margherita,

I've had one of my personal assistants forward your request to the parliament. As you yourself have said, war and conflict is in the air in the Dolch See. As my millions upon millions of fans and friends have seen while watching my reality tv show, one of my benefits is that I have a very lovely crew of knowledgeable people; as does the government. Apparently, analysts from Het Apparath predict that that some form of conflict is to start in that area within the next 8.6 years. I don't know how it works, it's just what was told to me during drinks.

So like, we've been thinking and really, if anyone's going to win, it's not going to be the Derthalers. Atleast, that's not what the gambling pool within the parliament says. I mean, there's Hannie with the crazy eye, the lunch lady that did put money on Derthalen but let's face it, that woman's greatest invention is adding curry and onions to egg salad. I've had cocktails that kill more brain cells than that woman has. So, we've been thinking and like, we want something out of it, you know?

And like you said, good relations are always good, like, yeah. Closer ties and all that. And what is a better way to show closer ties than to share the spoils of your efforts? I'd say nothing, that's why I love to share my life with my fans, you know? Like, they really support me and aid me in my efforts and them getting to share in the joy is my way of sharing. And by, like, granting your forces passage, we're basically supporting and aiding you in your efforts.

Like, yeah, so the deal is basically this. Now, don't get me wrong, I like you and all that so don't see this as anything personal but the parliament voted to give you this deal. I think it's a pretty nice deal, like a five shots for two deal during happy hour, you know? If you don't, we should totally go out and just celebrate life soon. Fly over your personal jet, get some fun going, celebrate. You have a personal jet, right?

Anyway, we will grant your forces passage and will even allow refueling at Variotan naval bases (at regular cost). However, in exchange, Het Huisselant gains a port city or a territory of coastal land suitable and sizable enough to be turned into a port within the former territories of Derthalen if any territorial changes happen due to conflict between Derthalen and Limonaia. Be it with or without allied nations, instigated by either side, the territory will fully belong to Het Huisselant, etc etc. You know how it is, bureaucratic mumbo jumbo. No one likes red tape but without it, what's there to hold together laws and agreements? I think that was a quote I read somewhere. It sounds really deep.

Anyway, let me know and I'll let my people let the government's people know. I love how I have people to handle this.

-XOXO- Dina Diva