A Great Europan Collapse

2. Well I made a sh*tty map of where there could be crisis nations, and I think they are safely inactive? SO any of the red highlighted nations, I'm not quite sure I either got all or I might have marked a coupe that aren't

AKzIbwA.png

3. Well I imagine with a collapse of this scale, anybody who believe they should be involved. This would be a global scale event.

4. Some outcomes could be land annexations, creation of puppet states, other non-Europan nations gaining a heavier economic influence, other natinos increasing in population and unrest due to their refugee policy.

5. I imagine that would have to be evaluated on a case by case basis.

• Like 4

I guess with what you said just in mind, it sounds like nobody would agree to any of this since it would just destroy everything everywhere for the most part. The only thing I'd have against this interpretation is how long these nations have been in crisis and are they even important to the global economy now? I'm not sure how long some of these nations have been gone but I've seen many referenced a decade ago. How rich were these nations to start (or to say how rich would they be now in Europa's more modern terms and not be nations brimming with railguns and space marines). Obviously if nations like Adaptus and Tagmatium just dropped into total chaos it would be terrifying to the global economy. 

I guess what would be good to establish is what are the non-active nations impact on the world now?

If that impact is still far too much then maybe instead of sort of smaller compromise, like the south western portion of Europa only (Assurym, Mirian, Europa Empire, Cabarria, Drogonryders etc). While of course still a big deal it wouldn't be apocalypse level. It's geographic area is a good place for a lot of nations to throw around their weight and whatnot.

I wouldn't want to start an RP where we would all be forced to destroy the economic progress our nations have been making.

• Like 4

Clarification on Seylos' and my added point above:

jn2IFdg.jpg

Excuse the informality of the screenshot, just not worth the effort to transcribe this when the messages are perfectly pertinent and summarise the points.

• Like 3

ukO0mOV.png
FACTBOOK | NEWS | FOREIGN AFFAIRS | TWITTER | ARCHIVES |

FOUNDER AND MEMBER OF:

ATARA-TRADE | TRIDENT -DEFENCE WARD-AIR DEFENCE |

There is only one way this RP would go. And that total war.

Adaptus, would be damned in IC terms to see any part of Europa fall to a Western power. We'd rather a fragmented continent of former prosperous states (a one which we can hegemonically, and financially dominate with ease). To a one dominated by foreign powers. 

In essence. Adaptus would be forced to the point of war if it felt any part of Europa was under-threat. With that in mind, you are looking effectively at modern world war. Which would be absolutely devastating to all those involved, and those who are not involved also. There is also the fact, this situation could be a legitimate scenario where nuclear war becomes a logical and serious possibility. 

Like Ivy, I'm not saying this is a bad idea. Rather the opposite, it's a brilliant idea. However, to pull it off, we'd all need to seriously consider the fact, this could in IC terms, sink the region into a dark age. 

• Like 3

What is done in most regions, is that after a certain time of inactivity, you are de facto removed from the map the region's canon, and as this haven't been done (not a critic), we end up with those many nations not active. I do enjoy the idea, and shall however make sure, that the Trinity Org. which shall soon hopefully be created with @Cristina @Magnaeus shall remain neutral and untouched physically (from attacks). I'd be open to RP economic and social consequences however naturally.

I wouldn't had removed Miiros and Sahara, as I saw them active last year (I believe? Correct me if I'm wrong), along Mantella which is RPed by Cristina.

I had planned a little expansion with Fleur de Lys (tripling its population to 20 millions in total, by taking a bit of actual Mauvin and Danebourg), and so I think it may fusion in fact with your proposal compared to what I had planned (the country shall remain landlocked and tiny, as Danebourgeois density is higher, making the population growth easier), knowing that the Union's negotiations had failed and de facto, I'd had asked the suppression from the map of the 4 Sister-Republics.

I also see, in this chaos, the possibility of a RP to animate, which is something I originally planned as a scenario for the Union (a very bad fate, as it basically end up in civil war and genocide, along a meteor destroying the capital), which is VXA, and is a strict alignment with @Sunset Sea Islands and @Synturia Technocratic RPs, except a bit more extreme (totally more extreme, think of it as a kind of Libria in the Equilibrium movie) which would be an inconsistent territory (cities, from there to there, rest empty, and a constant civil war more or less everywhere). Second idea of RP, that may be issued by this, would be having the Lysian's Monarchy exiled Royal Family (which would have an economy similar to French Republic in RL, so a large nation in economic terms), but as a Semi-Absolute Monarchy with a Child Leading it, with great internal rivalries (Les Continentaux vs Les Navaux), politically, socially and militarily (as the army would be in two branches), and the nation would be RPed by 2 different people, each taking one of the Party, it'd be a very interesting and fully RP (and may regulate this, by creating a special forum account which both persons shall share, as we're working like this). Those are all naturally ideas, and brainstorm, but would also help fascinate the region. Naturally my point there, isn't to hold map space, just to find animation for it as it would make a massive powershift on the continent and I wouldn't want, at least for Fleur de Lys, to be huge or take space etc.

In all cases, there shall be a nuclear winter I suppose, and shall be delighted to help participate to establish such, with Danebourg being soon removed from the map (the time I manage my stance on this affair), making it a possible Bridge for ensuring forces of the North and South to fight one another as the Trinity shall remain neutral. And given some nations which look like oppressive, we may easily think about some Revolutions, throw this in with internal conflicts regarding politics, along some greedy high ranking militaries that wish to have their own nation, etc. Ideas are certainly far from being exhausted.

I salute the idea @Seylos.

Edited by Fleur de Lys
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Seylos

Fleur de Lys is an inactive nation that I would like to invade, if we were to go ahead with this plan.

If you want something constructive, @Adaptus has mentioned going to war with any New World nation that wants involvement in Europa. I don't fancy that. 

It'd be interesting to hear a definitive administrative stance on where we stand with CTE'd/old, unused nations, though. With the current issues surrounding Vocenae and Fleur de Lys, I'm hesitant to make a final decision on whether I'd want to be involved, because it could just bring people who have long left the region out of the woodwork to ruin some good RP. That's not fair at all. I'd wait to hear the executive decision on where the community stands with such an issue before progressing.

• Like 2

user posted image

U N I T E D   S T A T E S   O F   P R Y M O N T
Nation of the Month, October 2017 & November 2018
Prymont News NetworkProject Canamo
TCSI / ATARA / TRIDENT

My 2 cents, I think that although this risks a 2nd world war, it would do a lot to revitalize the RP in the region, as buzzing as it is already. I think the main question would be WHY they collapsed, was it global unrest, market crashes, small scale wars turning into regional conflicts?

• Like 2

Although I'm not the hugest fan of war RP (I made my nation pacifistic for a reason) and I dislike total apocalypses, I could align myself with the idea. I have been planning to take over my northern neighbours and a lot of Thalassa before, this could be an opportunity to pursue this goal. I'd like to go for some technocratic greater southeast asian co-prosperity sphere. Since I wouldn't want to do this by force (nor would I be able to with the excuse of an army I call the self-defence force), I'd have to go for a series of fun political intrigues.

However, we should keep in mind that this is a truly Eurth-shattering thing we're talking about. When I was new to Europa, I had the idea of a custom solar system, which had been beaten down then because it was considered to be too lorebreaking (hi Voc). I don't know how much of an experienced roleplayer @Seylos is, but I feel like this idea could be a similar rookie idea to mine.

One more, thing, @Little Flau is also only "semi-inactive", as he still is a part of the Manamana League and I have recently spoke with him about it.

• Like 2

The Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands
Regional, Forums and Discord Moderator, Nation of the Month August 2017
HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

4 minutes ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

However, we should keep in mind that this is a truly Eurth-shattering thing we're talking about. When I was new to Europa, I had the idea of a custom solar system, which had been beaten down then because it was considered to be too lorebreaking (hi Voc). I don't know how much of an experienced roleplayer @Seylos is, but I feel like this idea could be a similar rookie idea to mine.

One more, thing, @Little Flau is also only "semi-inactive", as he still is a part of the Manamana League and I have recently spoke with him about it.

Yes I am aware of how enormous of an event this would be. I've been closely talking to quite a few people about how they feel, what they would want out of an RP like this, and in the case of the conversation between me and @Iverica, how to construct a proper finished proposal that incorporates the ideas of everyone to be involved. This is why I would like everyone to be blunt with their opinions or even propose altered versions of what to do.

I'm not sure if custom solar system, and political collapse of inactive nations are quite in the same neighborhood.

• Like 1

Honestly? These people have come and left; they have done their own things and made their own contributions — Let's try to leave it at that.

There are many other possibilities for potentially good and equally interesting RPs that do not call for the end of the world. And I don't see Europa as a region so helpless that it must kill itself to live on.

Edited by Andalla
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

SAMVELDET  ANDALLA
The  Commonwealth  of  Andalla

Nation of the Month, March 2018 

🇩🇰 🇳🇴 I'm the local tropical Dano-Norwegian. Hej!
🇵🇭 IRL, a proud Pinoy!
✈️ Avgeek. I've got the best planes in the 'hood.

IIWiki | News | Skandinavisk Aircraft Manufacturing

• 2 years later...

My  points are from more of an IC perspective, cohabitating those of Tag's of a sort.

• MH-Land doesn't have any sort of interest in the New Wurld, it has to a degree already intervened in it's activities to the North, and any further expansion or attempts to land upon the Occidental or anywhere near MH-Land's interests will result some frowny face moments, never mind the new power in charge. Some things change, some don't. 
  • Attempting to bring New Wurld 'Civilization' to the Occidental will be met with, probably a frowny face and a bayonet.
  • That being said, if the New Wurld nations stay of out the way, they will probably be met with disinterest. Southern Europa and indeed the area where SDC is and below? Doesn't concern MH-land. The main body and the area of their colony is all that matters to them.
  • Like 4
58 minutes ago, Haruspex said:

My  points are from more of an IC perspective, cohabitating those of Tag's of a sort.

• MH-Land doesn't have any sort of interest in the New Wurld, it has to a degree already intervened in it's activities to the North, and any further expansion or attempts to land upon the Occidental or anywhere near MH-Land's interests will result some frowny face moments, never mind the new power in charge. Some things change, some don't. 
  • Attempting to bring New Wurld 'Civilization' to the Occidental will be met with, probably a frowny face and a bayonet.
  • That being said, if the New Wurld nations stay of out the way, they will probably be met with disinterest. Southern Europa and indeed the area where SDC is and below? Doesn't concern MH-land. The main body and the area of their colony is all that matters to them.

Maybe a good way to expand your holdings down around your colony - bringing peace and stability the Haru way!

• Haha 4