Seylos

Nation in Europa: Kingdom of Seylos

Flag: 8HxgGeF.png

Capital name: Selbourne

Capital location: Somewhere on the coast

Factbook link:

Newsroom link:

Culture: Mix of the major cultures on the British Isles

Climate: Mainly temperate but can be a bit warm.

Location History: A large amount of refugees from the old world flee to their new island home complete with their new royal family who were pretenders to the throne in their old land.

I think it would make sense to place you close to @Gallambria, who's our monarchist Australia. You could have a similar lore with several royals of Burlingtonian descent migrating to other islands/former colonies to establish their own kingdoms. Furthermore, you have stated to have naval capacities, which would help to keep ISE in check.

5sKeNO1.png

Hello @Seylos . Thanks for this clear and precise application.

• Factbook. A good start. I already look forward to learning more about your nation.
  • News agency. Quality length and finish. Some non-government items will add more depth.
  • Map location. Temperate climate with British heritage is all over the Adlantic Ocean. The southern tip of that island east of @Gallambria is more temperate and less tropical (location A). As our good friend SSI mentions, there are some more island nearby as well (location B). More isolated by still relevant and close to @Great Burlington is the island almost halfway in the Adlantic Ocean (location C).

0GrxArh.jpg

Hey @Orioni I'm partial to C on the map but is there anyway I can petition for either on of these places? D feels closer to Argis and is still in the same relative zone as C as well as being basically the same distance from Gallambria (And tbh a little more britain shaped which I like). E is another alternative of the same relative size and the tiny island to its west could even serve a future RP purpose akin to  the UK occupying Ireland.

NfqZnla.png

Edited by Seylos (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

Although I am still awaiting the day a great Derthaler Empire conquers most of Eastern Argis, I must say that it makes a hell of a lot of sense to have the prime meridian pass through a British nation.

Imho it's more something like the RL Treaty of Tordesillas which divided the world into two halves belonging to either Spain or Portugal. Some Occidental nation stumbling upon Argis and claiming everything west of the line, not knowing there's actually more land to the north as well.

• Similar Content

• By Sayf
      spoke with staff about the optimal move for my nation, here it is:

also rivers would be cool
      notes: very very very rough
    • By Indo-Stan
      Nation in Eurth: Samrágūo Indirìhya (Empire of Indo-Stan)
      Flag: The flag of righteousness 
       (I tried to link the image of it from the Iiwiki but failed) 
      Capital name: Jīna Śahaì
      Capital location: National Capital Territory of Jīnhaìhya 
      Factbook link: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatches/category=1/nationid=2932339
      Newsroom link: 
      Culture: Much like India, China and the Indo-Chinese sphere, there are many different cultures but if I had to give an idea of the overarching culture it would be basically be a fusion of India's and China's. It's embedded with religion, philosophy, spirituality, the arts and sports. 
      Climate: Indo-Chinese.
      Tropical monsoon pretty much across all of the central to South of the nation with a arid warm/hot steppe running down the middle of the nation. tropical rainforest like area down the coast of the central west to South. In the North it would become more subtropical and humid and slowly becoming mountainous as it gets even further North to where it would just be montane, like Jammu and Kashmir. Its hard to explain so I would be happy to elaborate more into detail with someone if need be.
      Location History: 2 waves of migration :
      Migrated from the shared point of migration in the Asian sort of region  Migration from the Yeller Empire. Points selected for Indirìhya
      Population: 32,456,324 [Medium] GDP: 35,543 [High] Land Area: 249.653 km [Medium] If anything else is required I would be happy to provide it.
      Blessings to all,
      - K
    • By Prawasia
      Nation in Eurth: Prawasia
      Flag: Prawasia National Flag
      Capital name: Manyar
      Largest city name: Progo
      Factbook link: Prawasia National Factbook
      Newsroom link: Triple 'P' News
      Culture: In real life Malay
      Climate: Tropical (or Sub-Tropical)
      History: The former eight kingdoms known as Waribang Kingdom, Merbau Kingdom, Irilia Kingdom, Asada Kingdom, Bayan Kingdom, Seremgon Kingdom and Malabar Kingdom were all unified under one country named as Prawasia in 1945. It was then strengthened in Constitution in 7 March 1945, abolishing the King as the Head-of-Government with the updated version to regulate government of the Kingdom of Prawasia to form legislative body - National Assembly with two houses: People's Representative Council (DPR) as lower house and State Representative Council (DPN) as upper house. The election of the monarch as well regulated under the updated version in Current Constitution in 25 February 1988, thus making the government type as federal parliamentary constitutional elective monarchy.