[OOC] Radiant Dawn

Since there was some discussion about my ongoing RP "Radiant Dawn" on the Discord, I wanted to create an OOC topic for discussion about in on here as well, mainly because there are some things I want to clarify as well.

Even though Lydia Mauve resigned from her office as Prime Minister in the most recent part of RD, I will still use her in ongoing RPs, such as the Antargic Treaty, Magnaeus' Ball (if that will be continued at all), etc. Who I will use in RPs after the end of RD will be decided then.

Since @Prymontseems to like to speculate about RD, feel free to do so on here as well, since I must say that your ideas are fresh and entertaining. However, I will refrain from commenting on wether your theories are right or wrong, since I don't want to reveal the background information just yet. ^^

My leading theory is the following:

Ministry of the Interior are OP as f*ck, turning the country into Big Brother 1984. Simon was in there planning celebrations for the king's birthday. Perhaps the king isn't fond of how the country is turning out, and the MoI killed his son as a show of power. The MoI are then going to run the country with their Radiance party, turning the country into a bright, sunny tourist paradise on the outside, but a dark, controlled dystopian society on the inside.

Edited by Prymont
Perdon por maldecir (see edit history)

@Sunset Sea Islands Are we allowed to comment on the situation? If yes, I will dedicate a news item to this tragedy, and add it to your storyline.

Also. Somehow I would expect your nation to not just completely change regime. This new Radiant movement is new, and unlikely to get 100% support. More realistically, there will be a fracturing of the established order. Some of your existing political parties will lose, while others will win. Your factbook already includes a list of potential allies and adversaries.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=810520#pol

I am aware of these facts and I will have to rework my factbooks shortly after the end of the RP. Also, I wouldn't give one party 100% support, we're not in North Korea here. ^^ They will be strong, but not overpowering. I am not turning the SSI into a one-party state. Other fractions will remain, although they will be severely weakened.

Feel free to comment on the storyline in your news agencies, but don't include stuff like "oh yeah, SSI will definitely turn into a democracy". Although, spoiler alarm, it will, I wouldn't appreciate anyone pseudo-godmodding my story. Just say that a new government will be elected and tasked with creating a post-monarchist constitution.

18 hours ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

Feel free to comment on the storyline in your news agencies, but don't include stuff like "oh yeah, SSI will definitely turn into a democracy". Although, spoiler alarm, it will, I wouldn't appreciate anyone pseudo-godmodding my story. Just say that a new government will be elected and tasked with creating a post-monarchist constitution.

Alright. I will only comment on the events from my own point of view. Your royals will also receive a private invitation for asylum. And if there is going to a ceremonial burial for your late king, perhaps we could attend. That is: if the situation stabilises.

18 hours ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

I am aware of these facts and I will have to rework my factbooks shortly after the end of the RP. Also, I wouldn't give one party 100% support, we're not in North Korea here. ^^ They will be strong, but not overpowering. I am not turning the SSI into a one-party state. Other fractions will remain, although they will be severely weakened.

I was thinking more about how, perhaps, some of your islands could rebel against this new Radiant faction. You explain how each island is different. So I assume there are also political differences between which party is strongest on which island. I am asking this, because this could include a chance for civil war, in which I would likely support the loyalist faction. But this is your RP and your nation, so you get to make the rules;

• 2 weeks later...