[OOC] Illegal Occupation by Derthalen

@Orioni, @Fleur de Lys, @Sunset Sea Islands, @Magnaeus, @Adaptus

First question I want to ask is this; are we going to continue to escalate tensions and have this bloom into a war, or is this just going to end with a cold war or some sort of appeasement? 

34 minutes ago, Derthalen said:

@Orioni, @Fleur de Lys, @Sunset Sea Islands, @Magnaeus, @Adaptus

First question I want to ask is this; are we going to continue to escalate tensions and have this bloom into a war, or is this just going to end with a cold war or some sort of appeasement? 

Everything but war is fine by me.

War is a drastic measure, that I am sure all involved do not want to come to. However sabre rattling, and martial posturing is a legitimate response to a regime employing slavery and aggressive expansion methods. Especially if it can be used as an excuse by a larger nation who just happens to be coming out of isolationism, who has no active alliance members left, and wants to make a statement on the international stage and posture enough to place themselves in a strong position. 

Hmm... All right then! sabre rattling, and maybe a minor skirmish if anyone wants that. Actually, would you like to establish some sort of friendly military rivalry after this, or at least decently cordial relations?

Perfect, especially as my country is trying to keep Orioni influence in this part of the world to a minimum, and having a 'friend' or at least someone we see eye to eye with in Europa might help us. 

• 5 months later...

@Adaptus, @Fleur de Lys, @Mauridiviah, and @Tagmatium Rules how do you want to progress the story-line? As things stand, it looks like this is heading for an escalation, so I would like to just sort things out here before we progress further. Should this flash-point turn into a full blown cold war scenario, or does anyone have any idea for deescalation that will not force our nations to break character? 

At the moment I am toying with this response. I will do the proper formatting once I finish deciding as to what to say exactly.

From: His Imperial Majesty's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jan Utikar

To: The Agios Basilikon Kounsistorion of the Megas Agios Basileia Arhomanion

Xenos Emperor of the Tagmaten,

May His Light one day reach your dark and backwards shores. Your willingness to remain out of our affairs has been noted and appreciated, but know this; we shall not suffer the Xenos to live who have so brazenly shown hubris in matters so far removed from them as the state of Mauridiviah has, and not repented through our mortification. Their very assumption to stand as our equals without being ready to back their words with steel is an insult to our ancient nations. As things stand, we shall not cease our persecution of the Xenos until their sins have been washed away by their sorrow and their hearts and minds purged of any thoughts of opposing us in such a pitiful manner again. They shall learn there is an order to things, and that they are far lower on it.

Also, your cessation of trade is of no matter to us, and is as pathetic a gesture as if your False Emperor stood upon your beaches lashing the sea. Our fleet shall dispatch a cruiser to see to the transportation of our diplomatic personnel, and will respond with deadly measures if it finds itself to have come under attack. The crew shall be instructed to submit for inspection upon reaching your territorial waters as well. In response though to your proclamation we shall only set forth this one edict; 

By the power granted to me through our Emperor, from the most Holy of Emperors we shall consider any Tagmaten vessel, aerocraft, or vehicle to be operating alongside that of an enemy nation such as Fleur de Lys or Adaptus to be an enemy combatant should fighting break out. Their crews to be captured and held until an arrangement can be made.

Thought for the day;

Let your soul be armoured with Faith, driven on the tracks of Obedience which overcome all obstacles, and armed with the three great guns of Zeal, Duty and Purity.

Any suggestions? Tone change, content change, sex change?

Edited by Derthalen (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Derthalen said:

At the moment I am toying with this response. I will do the proper formatting once I finish deciding as to what to say exactly.

Any suggestions? Tone change, content change, sex change?

No, that's perfectly fine.

More or less the sort of reply that I expected.

2 hours ago, Derthalen said:

@Adaptus, @Fleur de Lys, @Mauridiviah, and @Tagmatium Rules how do you want to progress the story-line? As things stand, it looks like this is heading for an escalation, so I would like to just sort things out here before we progress further. Should this flash-point turn into a full blown cold war scenario, or does anyone have any idea for deescalation that will not force our nations to break character? 

I'm not looking for a proper war over this - I don't think that would be viable. There would need to be a few safe ports on eastern Argis to allow Tagmatium to undertake any sort of real offensive action, even just committing to the same sort of action that @Adaptus is.

And the Imperial Government is kind of worried about it actually escalating - they don't quite know how the rest of the nations in the west would react to direct meddling in the affairs of one of their's by a Europan nation. The problem being, of course, is whether the Derthaler government is willing to give into the demands of the embargoing powers. I'd imagine that they wouldn't be, as that'd mean giving up the territory they lay claim to.

Fundamentally, of course, Derthalen could just plain ignore the embargos. I don't think that our nations really trade all that much and it'd just be a mild inconvenience.

It depends on if Dethaler forces get ahold of Mauridiviahian people and if they follow through with their threat.

Alternatively, @Mauridiviah could back down and apologises to Derthalen. Would the Derthaler government then make demands or would they acknowledge it gracefully?

1 hour ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

It depends on if Dethaler forces get ahold of Mauridiviahian people and if they follow through with their threat.

Alternatively, @Mauridiviah could back down and apologises to Derthalen. Would the Derthaler government then make demands or would they acknowledge it gracefully?

Mauridiviah will be taking every precaution to make sure that the Derthalers won't get the chance to drown our citizens.

Mauridiviah will not apologize to Derthalen and will not remove the sanctions placed on Derthalen. 

That said, I would also prefer that this doesn't turn into a shooty war somehow. I'm perfectly content to maintain a really tense Cold War, as I'd prefer to use my budget for space exploration over buying weapons and training soldiers.

3 minutes ago, Mauridiviah said:

Mauridiviah will be taking every precaution to make sure that the Derthalers won't get the chance to drown our citizens.

Mauridiviah will not apologize to Derthalen and will not remove the sanctions placed on Derthalen. 

That said, I would also prefer that this doesn't turn into a shooty war somehow. I'm perfectly content to maintain a really tense Cold War, as I'd prefer to use my budget for space exploration over buying weapons and training soldiers.

It'd be a bit of a humiliating climb down now if your nation did.

Especially since it isn't much that it is has done wrong.

Deescalation with Mauridiviah can wait for later, but for now I am more interested in getting that task force waiting outside of my territory to go away. Maybe we could have a crisis situation where an aerocraft from @Fleur de Lys (seeing as they are flying around the area a lot) goes down near my ships and we  then start negotiating for the end of the situation while at the same time having a Cuban Missile Crisis situation being broadcast to the world?

Just a little reminder that @Derthalen and I agreed not to fight one another. Not that I could fight anyone, my forces are small and purely defensive. I don't like what he's doing and condemn his actions but I won't interfere in this RP. I'll just munch my popcorn whilst enjoying these great letters. You've outdone yourself, @Tagmatium Rules.