Embassy Subforum

As spoken about on the Discord, this is a request for an "Embassy" subforum. It can be placed underneath the Factbook and Nation Information page.

Goals: Create a page where players can create embassies with others.

Benefits:

1) Interactions are viewable on a single thread. No more hunting all over forums to review your interactions with a single player.

2) Establishing Embassies can be obvious and readily viewable. Currently, it is not easy to identify who has embassies with whom.

3) Embassy pages can provide a medium to make official requests to a single player, rather than going "public" (In RP context) to a news agency. This is a preferable alternative to PMs, (given the subject is not sensitive) because it allows others to easily review the context behind an RP as opposed to gleaning an understanding from screenshots of a PM.

e.g Threads such as:

"Andalla-Iverica Embassy" will henceforth hold most if not all Andallan and Iverican bilateral meetings. It will be easy for all to review their diplomatic history.

If anyone has any suggestions, criticism, or comments please feel free.

Thanks

@Iverica And what about tagging a topic with #embassy? These new forums allow you to tag posts, and keep them together that way. This would avoid having set-up a subforum.

I was actually planning to get rid of the Entertainment subforum, by tagging all the topics as #sports (or #cultural) and moving these topics to a higher level.

http://www.europans.com/forum/100-entertainment/

To me personally, the existing of this tag feature solved a lot of our organisational problems.

3 minutes ago, Orioni said:

@Iverica And what about tagging a topic with #embassy? These new forums allow you to tag posts, and keep them together that way. This would avoid having setup a subforum.

This is also possible as an alternative. But the now becomes: which forum would it be appropriate to post #embassy posts in? Global Economics and Trade or Factbooks and Nation Info?

@Iverica These are our current RP forums. I think the #embassy posts would work best inside International Affairs. I will see if I can come up with a better description to distinguish it from World Today.

1. Factbooks
  2. World Today
  3. International Affairs -> Embassy posts
  4. Economics & Trade
  5. Portal to the Past/Future
  6. OOC
2 minutes ago, Orioni said:

@Iverica These are our current RP forums. I think the #embassy posts would work best inside International Affairs. I will see if I can come up with a better description to distinguish it from World Today.

1. Factbooks
  2. World Today
  3. International Affairs -> Embassy posts
  4. Economics & Trade
  5. Portal to the Past/Future
  6. OOC

Okay, with tagging, this may achieve the same intended effects I am thinking of. Thanks for your time @Orioni

If anyone would like to add anything I missed with this case, please go ahead.