[OOC] Scramble for Antargis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the topic of the next meeting, I'd like to share some thoughts I have at the moment. They might be spoilers for what's to come, but I think it salient for them to be on the OOC thread. Nonethe

I'll say that I'm not all that interested in continuing with Shffahkian involvement at all with Antargis and most likely will retcon the whole Mercier research base thingy on the basis that it hasn't

Frankly as cool as the whole Antargis thing goes, I think I'll probably abstain. I'd rather put my emphasis on developing the region around Batengdei than sticking my thumbs into the Antargis pie, whi

On 22.10.2017 at 10:53 PM, Prymont said:

Sounds like a plan.

Sounds like a plan indeed. Thumbs up!

The Radiant Republic of the Sunset Sea Islands
Regional, Forums and Discord Moderator, Nation of the Month August 2017
HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

• 1 month later...

If no-one has any further comments on the treaty, I will consider the matter settled. I'll RP a signing ceremony, starting with my own perspective. You can all jump in if you want, at your own time.

Sooooo.... I assume that the conference has been concluded successfully! Since time has passed since the conference, would it be cool to kick off some Antargic Research Base RP for the ISTC and/or ATARA?

• Like 1

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

@Sunset Sea Islands Well the zones have been divided. The responsible organisation will be able to manage whatever happenings occur on Antargis. As for research stations, I do believe the rules for these have also been established. So everyone who is a signatory to the antargic treaty will be permitted to do so.

• 11 months later...
On 10/22/2017 at 8:51 PM, Orioni said:

The final day will probably include 

1. agreeing on a document (a poll can be added), followed by
  2. dividing sectors, and

TO: @Girkmand @Prymont @Sunset Sea Islands @The Eurofuhrer

So we never got around to that 2nd part. And the summer has returned to Antargis. Which is why I propose we hold a 2nd Antargic Conference to discuss the sectors and responsibilities. Which of the previous members is interested in hosting this? Of no host can be found, may I propose somewhere in an ISTC nation? Thanks!

I assumed the treaty was signed already, if not, excuse my memory, it has been a while, lol. I'd suggest hosting it in @Prymont, we haven't had many multinatural conferences there, have we? Also, snow, which is thematic. Let's slice that baby up.

• Like 1

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

Bit of an iffy time for Prymont right now. With the elections coming up in February, it'd be awkward for a President to slice the land up one way, as the parties are against each other to win more seats and would cause a right ruckus about it. I'm also stupidly busy IRL and don't have much time for checking the forums, never mind writing, so having the thread right now wouldn't work on my end. If people (just the three of us, as FdL is gone and Eurofuhrer is very AFK) are happy to wait until around February, I'd be happy to crack on then. If not, I don't mind it being elsewhere.

• Like 1

user posted image

U N I T E D   S T A T E S   O F   P R Y M O N T
Nation of the Month, October 2017 & November 2018
Prymont News NetworkProject Canamo
TCSI / ATARA / TRIDENT

1 hour ago, Girkmand said:

I had totally forgotten about this. I'm not sure if my participation or opinion is required, but if Prymont would be willing to host it, then that has my support.

Oh, please participate! I just thought Girkmand would be too instable to host something like this right now.

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

49 minutes ago, Gallambria said:

Would this be open to other participants?

I guess so. Australia has some Antarctic ambitions IRL, right?

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

45 minutes ago, Kirvina said:

The Aurelian League might perhaps also be looking to get involved, as a joint entity. Is this possible?

I don't see why you couldn't. Gotta ask Big Daddy @Orioni though.

• Like 3

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

56 minutes ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

I guess so. Australia has some Antarctic ambitions IRL, right?

IIRC Australia has a research base in Antarctica

• Like 2
On 12/9/2018 at 2:05 AM, Gallambria said:

Would this be open to other participants?

I had hoped that you would join. Let's announce the location in either @Girkmand or @Prymont. As a member of the ISTC https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Trans-Continental_Science_Initiative  I think you automatically have a seat at the table.

The Aurelian League can create some public outcry about not being invited, make a big fuss while stamping their feet, and extort a seat at the table that way.

/cc @The Eurofuhrer who has re-appeared and should rejoin as well.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Oyus said:

I sort of want to participate but not a member of anyone 🤔

Soon you'll be a member of the mighty TechIntern! :D

Also, I'm not sure whether a small island country is in a sufficiently powerful position to have Antargic ambitions. What do the others think?

HnXdVKv.png
Nation | Wiki | SSI News

5 minutes ago, Sunset Sea Islands said:

Soon you'll be a member of the mighty TechIntern! :D

That doesn't sound like it'll do more than offer an unpaid position with long hours...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2018 at 12:59 AM, Orioni said:

I had hoped that you would join. Let's announce the location in either @Girkmand or @Prymont. As a member of the ISTC https://iiwiki.us/wiki/Trans-Continental_Science_Initiative I think you automatically have a seat at the table.

Brief followup. I'd like to get this started. I understand IC @Prymont is busy with the aforementioned elections.

I'll open with the agenda, followed by discussion, and ending with slicing up Antargis. Just need a location where this takes place, so it can be "the Xplace Declaration" or similar. If no-one else steps up to be the host, we'll re-use the previous location at EOS island. No need to RP travels nor arrivals.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Rihan said:

The sooner you start this, the sooner the Aurelian League will criticize the participants of ignoring nations that lie far closer to it than all of those involved lol. 

Of course you f*cking would :P

Maybe you people should take part rather than moan, eh?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Right. Since no-one else responded to my multiple calls for another nation to host, I'll step up and just do it myself. All previous participants are automatically invited to the debate. Everyone else, including the Aurelian League, may, of course, complain how their absence from the table is a complete and utter scandal.

Our story continues here:

Two major topics for this meeting:

1. Share how your stations are doing;
  2. Decide the zone management.

One minor topic:

1. Location of the next meeting.
  • Like 3

1. The 2nd meeting of the Antargic Council has begun. I've pinged the ISTC on Discord, but no-one has responded. So I'm going forward with this and see who shows up.

2. Meanwhile, I expect the Aurelian League to voice some protest for not being involved. I've added a short press release to the RP topic to announce the meeting, so this is public knowledge. Should the Aurelian League become a signatory of the Antargic Treaty, they can become involved. But that'd be something for a 3rd meeting.

3. EOS includes two membership two: full members and observers. This means the EOS observers can be present during the meeting, but cannot vote. These observers include: @Cristina @Magnaeus @Kipan @Sunset Sea Islands

• Like 3