Hello from Anagonia

Hello to everyone in Europa!

Firstly, I'd like to establish how I got here. I have been looking for an RP dedicated region for some time now. I joined The West Pacific not too long ago, but it wasn't as dedicated as I would have liked it to be. We had a few disagreements on policies, but overall it wasn't a bad experience. During this time I had my eye trained on finding other RP dedicated regions. There was a lot out there! Finally, when the time came to depart The West Pacific, I stumbled on your region. I'm very happy I did! It's extremely pleasant and wonderful, and has a very good atmosphere to it. Already I've been assisted with a few issues by some of your members and I greatly extend my thanks once again!

I'd like to state in second my limitations. I am a truck driver and I post on a weekly basis; I post once a day per week, or depending if I'm not busy, a few times a week, but overall this is my schedule. I deeply, humbly apologize if this will become a future problem for anyone I highly encourage you to talk with me so we can work anything out. After experiencing the warm welcome I did earlier, I doubt any issues will arise due to lack of communication. You guys seem awesome. smile.gif

Lastly, I'd like to go into detail on why I'm here. The Confederate States of Anagonia revolves around the question of many "what-if's" that I've asked myself over the years. It was a nation, first founded around 2002-2003, that started as a Republic. Over the decade, it evolved as I evolved, and was left to itself many times as I became busy or dealt with life issues. Overall, it has survived pretty well, but recently I've had to go back and troubleshoot a lot of continuity errors. Here's a link to the continuity thread, which also serves as my point of reference for canon threads.

As you can tell from that link, I enjoy role playing on the forums. However I've noticed you have a good dedication to role playing on your own forums. I am not against this and will be happy to partake. I eagerly want a place to expand the continuity of Anagonia, to properly fix it, to get it back running and make sense again. That is, ultimately, why I am here.

On a side note, I am anticipating going into FT at some point. I will do this in a way that allows me to continue to have a MT counter-part, but it must be done on a delicate scale. I've already started on this process here. I am very aware of what godmodding is, and I give you my word that once this cycle is complete I will not use this canon leap to my advantage in any MT arena.

I eagerly look forward to working with anyone that wants to work with me. Your region seems so friendly and welcoming. I am a hardhead at times, and I hope that doesn't become a bother. Thank you for having me.

Link to Factbook(Nationstates):

Factbook

Link to Nation(Nationstates):

The Confederate States of Anagonia

Welcome aboard, Anagonia!

The representatives of the Sunset Sea Islands welcome you with open arms!

Magnaeus has recently leaders of Europan nations to a diplomatic ball, maybe you should open embassies with him!http://z7.invisionfree.com/Europa/index.ph...topic=4265&st=0

We would be glad to open embassies with you too, of course! 2-thumbup.gif

We are happy to see another member in this community!

SSI

Hello and welcome @Anagonia. We already exchanged some brief messages via telegram and Discord. I look forward to having you as a neighbour. yes.gif When visiting your nation page I noticed you have 22 billion people, which indicates you've been around for quite a while. So you must have some story to tell. Myself, I have been in Europa since... 2004 or close to. Not always the delegate, but maybe 2/3 of the time.

If you're into RP, I will shortly be publishing an introduction topic to answer the most recurring questions. This should get you up to speed with where we are, what's going on, the regional canon, etc. Long story short: we built a custom planet with our own history and cultures. Looking at your factbook I'm sure you'll fit right in.

As for time and commitment, we understand you are a truck driver and activity may vary. That's cool. We experience ups and downs in activity, but try to have at least a minimum planning of upcoming events. You are free to pick-and-choose whether to join or not.

Take care!

Welcome aboard, Anagonia!

The representatives of the Sunset Sea Islands welcome you with open arms!

Magnaeus has recently leaders of Europan nations to a diplomatic ball, maybe you should open embassies with him!http://z7.invisionfree.com/Europa/index.ph...topic=4265&st=0

We would be glad to open embassies with you too, of course! 2-thumbup.gif

We are happy to see another member in this community!

SSI

Thank you very much for your welcome! I will eagerly look into it. I have had such little time to assimilate since....what happened that it's been a rush.

Hello and welcome @Anagonia. We already exchanged some brief messages via telegram and Discord. I look forward to having you as a neighbour.  yes.gif When visiting your nation page I noticed you have 22 billion people, which indicates you've been around for quite a while. So you must have some story to tell. Myself, I have been in Europa since... 2004 or close to. Not always the delegate, but maybe 2/3 of the time.

If you're into RP, I will shortly be publishing an introduction topic to answer the most recurring questions. This should get you up to speed with where we are, what's going on, the regional canon, etc. Long story short: we built a custom planet with our own history and cultures. Looking at your factbook I'm sure you'll fit right in.

As for time and commitment, we understand you are a truck driver and activity may vary. That's cool. We experience ups and downs in activity, but try to have at least a minimum planning of upcoming events. You are free to pick-and-choose whether to join or not.

Take care!

Yes we did! I am very happy with our discussions. Thank you so much.

I am into RP! It's why I'm here! I noted you said "your own world". Now is this world in the same universe as Earth is on NS, I wonder? If so, would I still be able to RP my dual existance as FT/MT and perhaps a rise to FT here? If not I can strictly stick to MT. It's no issue!

I would love to join in somehow! So long as I'm giving advanced notice on what I need to do, I would love to contribute somehow! I'm sorry I'm starting off so slow!

You are also a confederation I see. That is good! We believe that politics works best on the local community level. Magnaeus has a relatively small federal government which takes care of international affairs like trade and diplomacy. Other than that we are peaceful and looking to improving the life of our citizens.

How is life like in Anagonia?

Government style

From our conversation on Discord, I learn that your nation is Ecologist or preservationist. I understand what you mean. That might be hard to rhyme with militaristic society. Usually the eco-friendly treehuggers don't care much about guns and weapons and waging war. Unless you can share a RL example?

• Eco-friendly: Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Central America
  • Militaristic: Saudi Arabia, North Korea, United States
A combination of both could be an extreme Switzerland, where everyone has a gun and a lot of energy is hydroelectric

Origin story

Pertaining your proposal to mix our stories, I'm not sure if crashing a space ship in Europa -2000 years ago would do the trick.

This question might help us come closer to a solution: does your nation go back less or more than 500 years?

• If younger <500, then it is possible you were indeed the colony of another nation, which then gained its independence. Depending on the culture you play we can come up with a backstory that suits everyone. This is, of course, part of the ongoing discussion we're having here. I like to go back-and-forth and polishing a lot.
  • If older >500, then another origin story can be developed. In this case, I refer to our spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/europa-spreadsheet