Greetings From Zandibastar!

Hello all. I suppose a quick introduction is in order, so here it goes.

Back when I was a young, naive, doe eyed youngster in 2013/2014, I wanted to get into Nationstates for real. Previously I maintained an account, but never really did anything with it other than answer issues and the like. I had hopes and dreams of founding a region of my own, a region that could function as a balance between all sorts of nations whether they were involved in raiding, defending, roleplay, congress, or whatever, but because I had no idea how to do any of those things, my attempt fell flat. Realizing the amount of work that would have to go into founding a region and realizing that I had some things to work on in my personal life, I dropped nationstates.

Here I am a couple years later, more wizened and jaded, when I stumbled upon the map of Europa on the interwebs, and found that it was from Nationstates. It re-ignited my enthusiasm,and so I whipped up a cool new nation and flag eager to join. I don't know how long my stay here will be, or if I'll get into roleplay or diplomacy or what, but I'm here. Or rather, Zandibastar is. Zandibastar is definitely more of a roleplay region than the utopias I created previously. Imagine it as a really f*cked up, ambiguously ethnic, Switzerland. It has a long and cultured history of personal unions and dynastic changes that not many care about, a patriotic and progressive populace, and an authoritarian bent.

So that's it. If theres anything you need me to do as a new member or anything to point me to, I'd welcome it. Thanks for having me!

Hello Zandibastar and welcome to Europa! We briefly messaged in NS. I am glad to see you found your way to the forums.

Many of the people here share a story similar to yours. It is not too uncommon to re-start Nationstates every few years. Real life and such will claim priority when need be.

No idea where you could have found our map. There are so many version of it online, on so many different platforms, that is has become hard to keep track. In my personal archive I can count no less 57 version (of our 3rd incarnation), and that includes me losing my previous computer. Feel free to share a link to your source.

I'll try and explain Europa, if that is even possible.

> Zandibastar is definitely more of a roleplay region than the utopias I created previously. Imagine it as a really f*cked up, ambiguously ethnic, Switzerland. It has a long and cultured history of personal unions and dynastic changes that not many care about, a patriotic and progressive populace, and an authoritarian bent.

Well. We all have our problems. sweatdrop.gif So far no Switzerland around. We do share some Roman heritage, but the distant past is still rather murky even after over a decade of RP'ing.

> So that's it. If theres anything you need me to do as a new member or anything to point me to, I'd welcome it. Thanks for having me!

Since you seem to have a good idea of RP, I am sure you know the basics. Our RP forums are organised similar to the main NS forums, albeit with some more subforums. The description of each is supposed to guide you through it. Stickies here and there explain whatever rules apply. We did start a cleanup of those, to merge and reduce them. Feel free to point out any and all inconsistencies.

What I'd start with is:

* a factbook (for reference)

* a news thread (for storylines too short for full threads)

* a story to get you started

* a map request once you've established yourself

> Also, where on the map should I look to place my nation if I want it to border the "Latin-esque" and "German-esque" worlds? I looked at the map threads, but it kind of confused me where cultural regions are supposed to be.

I would say that depends on your heritage. We attempted to establish some cultural spheres of influence, but have still to reach a consensus. http://z7.invisionfree.com/Europa/index.php?showtopic=4016 I am sure you can weigh in here!