Your opinion  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Not interested
    • Hosting: I'll provide 1 race track
    • Playing: I'll provide 1 race track, with at least 1 team of 2 drivers

This poll is closed to new votes

user posted image

I don't have a car (anymore). And it's been years since I've actually watched an entire Formula 1 race. But for 2016, why not organise a bi-weekly or monthly racing event?

All we would really need is:

• City with race track in your nation
  • Date of the event
  • Names of 2 drivers
  • Name of your team(s) -- it's certainly possible to have more than one team.

Once we have at least 3 teams (myself included), I'll get started on setting this up. Also posted a poll on our RMB.

How would it work? Do we each provide a/several team/s and than each month randomly choose a winner and make some sort of news update?

Would you administrate this? Would you provide some sort of narrative as well as the results?

I'm not interested in F1 and know little of it, what do I need to do/know other than provide you with names for a team and its members?

Despite not fully knowing what exactly you'repropising I'm going to go ahead and say I'll play.

Fictional team and a random numbers generator. Generate one set of numbers for the starting grid, and another one for the finishing result.

Commentary can be written by the hosting nation. That way you only have to wrote something once, but still have plenty of entertainment. And if it's on a monthly basis, we'll have something to look forward to without too high expectations.

Fairly straightforward. I've already sent a telegram to Emakera. Maybe Adaptus and Tag could join as well. That makes five teams of 10 drivers.

Just out of curiosity: would there be another sport that could interest you?

I loved it as a kid, although seeing Ayrton Senna splatter his brains at 400 km/h was a real downer for me as a kid. I used to have a blue hat just like his. He was the greatest. I'm completely out of the loop about F1, though.

Now for the data:

Emakera can host a race in the Autódromo de Araraquara, in the coastal city of Bisler. Street races might be arranged elsewhere, depending on the schedule.

I am open for any date, but I'd enjoy having the last race of the season. Either for a thrilling conclusion to a fierce rivalry, or for a nearly pointless event to test test pilots and to determine the third place in the constructor's tournament.

The young pilot Gustav "Guto" Rasmussen, the black sheep of a family of yatch champions, and the journeyman Carlos Eduardo "Cadu TX" Teixeira dos Santos, are the Emakeran representatives for the competition. The young Gustav eagerly carries the Emakeran flag for every race, dreaming of a first place finish. Cadu stopped bothering with that long ago, choosing to focus instead on a helper role for whichever team he is signed to.

Emakera's own escuderia is the team Biruleiby. Founded by father and son Leonardo and Leandro Brás-Cubas, the Biruleiby Scuderia started at local racing events. The late Leonardo, an unsucessful pilot with a keen eye for the mechanical side of the sport, left his business to his son, a businessman who lost most of his passion for racing after a brief, unsuccessful career in the sport, but who seeks to follow his father's footsteps and lead his team and legacy.

Really cool of you to join Emakera. smile.gif I'm going to go ahead and already put some of this together. Because you were the first to post, I will give your drivers the numbers 1 and 2.

For everyone else who decided to join: you can quote this post and complete it with your own information. Since I came up with the idea, I'll bite the bullet and host the first race. Also, it is perfectly reasonable to have more than one team. But lets stick with one.

Racing calendar

Orioni (March)

Race 2 (April)

Race 3 (May)

Race 4 (June)

Emakera (July)

Teams

Biruleiby (Emakera)

1. Gustav "Guto" Rasmussen (Emakera)

2. Carlos Eduardo "Cadu TX" Teixeira dos Santos (Emakera)

Typhoon (Orioni)

3. Erika Ionas (Orion)

4. Abel Guiomar (Pirilao)

Hope you don't mind me claiming my race date?

Racing calendar

Orioni (March)

Race 2 (April)

Race 3 (May)

Adaptus - Causic Circuit (June)

Emakera (July)

Teams

Biruleiby (Emakera)

1. Gustav "Guto" Rasmussen (Emakera)

2. Carlos Eduardo "Cadu TX" Teixeira dos Santos (Emakera)

Typhoon (Orioni)

3. Erika Ionas (Orion)

4. Abel Guiomar (Pirilao)

Lautus Perambulo (Adaptus)

5. Markus Augois (Adpatus)

6. Fredrick Menser (Tamurin)

Just for the set up. The Causic Circuit is set back in a very dark and large forest in the Adapton North. The circuit is considered a very difficult course, being very narrow due to the encroaching treeline and due to it's fondness to rain heavy.

The course is very twisty however contains several very fast openings. One of which emerges from the forest briefly to a very steep cliffs edge. Think of it as somewhat a cross between the Nurburgring and Spa. Just not as Long as the full Nordschleife track.

The track also hosts rally and rally-cross races, where sections of the main circuit are opened up and crossed with gravel circuits cutting into the forest.

Team Lautus Peramblulo (Grand Touring), is an old manufacture in Adaptus, who now mostly competes in racing, releasing the odd car from time to time. They focus heavily on engineering, often providing engines for other high strung cars. They have are known to spearhead hybrid performance engines, much like those of the real world F1 cars.

For this season Lautus are pushing a new engine the 3S-ETF1. Using the standard set up of a 1.6 V6 turbocharged engine. The team have managed to refit the turbo charger so that the compressor sits at one side of the engine, while the turbine sits at the other, both linked with a shaft down the 'V' of the engine. This added with the electric motor has reduced turbo-lag to near 0 and has increased the efficiency of the engine thanks to smoother power delivery.

Can anyone tell I like F1?

Wait. Are the two pilots supposed to be my team? I thought it was going to be a more international thing, like a big draft pool of drivers. I'm fine with that, though.

Hi Emakera. I'm not completely sure I understand your question. Can you rephrase?

If we want to have 1 team per nation, the odds of winning are even. If on the other hand you increase your amount of team, there is also a higher chance if winning.

It's certainly going to be an international affair. Myself, I've taken a driver from good old Pirilao. And I see Adaputus went for a 2nd driver from Tamurin. If you want to change, that's perfectly possible. We are only starting this race in March, when the office F1 kicks off as well.

Great of you to already set a date. That makes things even easier. Just make sure you're going to be around in June. wink.gif But I don't think that would be too much of a problem, seeing you're interest in the subject. Everyone is free to take this as far as they want. Just list your team? Fair enough. Come up with an entire track and team history? EVen better. From a sportive point of view though, it should not influence the final racing results.

Racing calendar

Orioni (March)

Race 2 (April)

Suverina - Dubasari Autodrom (May)

Emakera (July)

Teams

Biruleiby (Emakera)

2. Gustav "Guto" Rasmussen (Emakera)

3. Carlos Eduardo "Cadu TX" Teixeira dos Santos (Emakera)

Typhoon (Orioni)

4. Erika Ionas (Orioni)

5. Abel Guiomar (Pirilao)

6. Markus Augois (Adpatus)

7. Fredrick Menser (Tamurin)

LADA Fulger (Suverina)

8. Petru Ceau?escu (Suverina)

9. Toma Apostol (Suverina)

Since apparently the reigning champion gets #1, I numbered my drivers 8 and 9 (instead of 7 and 8), as I assume we'll follow that practice.

I've now been reading about Formula One for an hour, who would've ever guessed that'd happen.

Fulger is pronounced /'ful.?er/ in case anyone wants to know.

• 2 weeks later...
Wait. Are the two pilots supposed to be my team? I thought it was going to be a more international thing, like a big draft pool of drivers. I'm fine with that, though.

Hi Emakera. I'm not completely sure I understand your question. Can you rephrase?

If we want to have 1 team per nation, the odds of winning are even. If on the other hand you increase your amount of team, there is also a higher chance if winning.

It's certainly going to be an international affair. Myself, I've taken a driver from good old Pirilao. And I see Adaputus went for a 2nd driver from Tamurin. If you want to change, that's perfectly possible. We are only starting this race in March, when the office F1 kicks off as well.

Great of you to already set a date. That makes things even easier. Just make sure you're going to be around in June. wink.gif But I don't think that would be too much of a problem, seeing you're interest in the subject. Everyone is free to take this as far as they want. Just list your team? Fair enough. Come up with an entire track and team history? EVen better. From a sportive point of view though, it should not influence the final racing results.

What I meant is that I thought the drivers we created would be drafted by the different teams. I had no intentions of creating a national team with national drivers only. But I definitely can work with that, and I can already see how the relationship between my two drivers will work out. To have a young, unexperienced driver as the team's number one and an older, jaded journeyman as his backup could be interesting. I personally like journeymen a lot more than young upstarts.

• 2 months later...

Racing calendar

Orioni (March)

Afropa - Circuit National de Dieudonné (April)

Suverina - Dubasari Autodrom (May)

Emakera (July)

Teams

Biruleiby (Emakera)

2. Gustav "Guto" Rasmussen (Emakera)

3. Carlos Eduardo "Cadu TX" Teixeira dos Santos (Emakera)

Typhoon (Orioni)

4. Erika Ionas (Orioni)

5. Abel Guiomar (Pirilao)

6. Markus Augois (Adpatus)

7. Fredrick Menser (Tamurin)

LADA Fulger (Suverina)

8. Petru Ceau?escu (Suverina)

9. Toma Apostol (Suverina)

AF Racing (Afropa)

10. Alain Frère (Afropa)

11. Paul Riosnal (Jilderen)

Edited by Afropa (see edit history)

@Afropa: Perfect! Thank you for keeping an eye on this. happy.gif

@Jilderen: Would you happen to be interested in joining?

@All: The month of March has started. So our racing season is almost there. The real-world first race of the season is the Australian GP, scheduled for Sunday the 20th of March. I will be doing the same. I'm thinking of having 1 qualifying race on the weekend of March 12-13, giving us time to RP, and having the actual race on March 19-20. We will see how it evolves from there. If anyone knows a reliable random number generator, I would be interested in giving this a try.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Afropa:

Thank you Afropa. Nothing to prepare, really. I actually completely missed last weekend's window of opportunity, so posted both the qualifying and race at the same time.

@All:

For both the qualification and the race results I used a random numbers generator between 1 and 100. Based on those numbers, I assigned position to each driver. Everything else is just part of the story. I tried to stick to normal racing behaviour. Usually the race results look fairly similar to qualification. http://z7.invisionfree.com/Europa/index.ph...post&p=22055613

@Suverina:

Very sorry none of your cars made it to the finish. Perhaps next time the random number generation will be more in your favour.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There was supposed to be a GP in Suverina in May. And Adaptus is scheduled for Jne. Is this still going anyway? I had invested significant time into preparing and writing. I can't help but feel disappointed.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

For those of you who participated in last year's GP season, and all others who are interested. I had a quick chat with @Prymont, and he is interested in organising the 2017 version. He'll check it if possible to run this on a Excel spreadsheet. But I'll let Prymont explain it in detail. Best to switch over to a new OOC planning thread.