• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends what period you're going for. Past 1969, I can RP as the Republic of Tagmatium, which would be cool, as I've been kind of itching to RP as them for ages. A proper right-wing dictatorship, just like the ones so beloved by the USA during the Cold War.

Something small would be good, as I'm not really happy with any conflicts that would weaken the regime of Tagmatium at this time, as it's supposed to keep on ticking over until the 1990s.

Would you nation be along the lines of its current incarnation, or like the one you had before?

I tried to make the old Confederacy emulate the bad side of the US, so I did a little looking and found a scenario that might be a good one: Cuba!

We could say some small island or coastal territory has been colonized by someone, meaning a military presence and a siphon in their economy. The Confederacy, or maybe a coalition, take a swing at 'liberating' the island and giving the locals 'democracy' and 'self-determination'! Being as the island is a small asset to either party, they wouldn't be readily willing to commit to a full-scale conflict over a floating bit of dirt, though the aftermath of the confilct would make for a setting up of recent history...

How about an Island near Adaptus? Perhaps SDC and Tag are in some sort of coalition and 'liberate' an island near Adaptus, and then want to fill it full of nukes? this could prompt Adaptus, and a few other nations to start getting scared, and in turn, we have a Nuke War crisis?

Yeah, I thought it took a great long while to develop nukes IC in Europa...and wouldn't it be kinda funny to just have them appear decades back?

*Edit* I honestly don't know how the Cussian government would react to all of this, but I imagine the government at the time would be a bit more supportive of an Aristocracy that it would be now. So there might be something to work with there- maybe mirroring the changes in both the SDC and Beautancus over the past decades. Might even go a long way toward developing a greater Occidental socio-political historical trend when Tagmatium, SDC, and Beautancus (and now Haruspex) are all figured in. You know, a slight move to the left and a mellowing of governments. Still, I'll have to see where you want to go with this for sure before I commit anything firm on behalf of Beautancus as a whole.

Edited by Beautancus (see edit history)

At this period, my country is still ruled by a supposedly Communist regime. The main focus of the communists in power until the 60s/70s has been improving the economy, leaving the military slightly delapidated - to 1950s standards. Despite this, it is likely to remain incredibly hostile to foreign nations.

Of course, being miles from the action won't make it easy, but I guess I could send a couple of ships or something.

I'm interested in the 1970's idea, but I'm not sure where Haruspex would be, they didnt really get sociable with the outside or maybe they were and went lock down for some reason during that time..hmm..curious.

As for nuclear technology, Haruspex are in development, but more funding has been put towards development of chemical, biological and conventional weaponry. What use is a nuclear weapon if you actually want to use what you've conquered. I've always tried to steer clear of them, they are definate post killers unless agreed upon by all sides or as apart of an SL where it needs to happen to set the play into motion. Usually as an aftermath, a reason why blah blah..etc.

I'll be keeping an eye on this before I commit fully to anything.

Edited by Haruspex (see edit history)

Hmm that would be an idea, something based on Chemical or Biological weapons? Someone could be developing them, and accidentally wipe out several thousand inhabitance of a neutral plot? Something like Saddam and the Kurds?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... Back then the Confederacy was governed by an aristocracy of top military officials, the super-rich businessmen, and their purchased politicos. The economy of the Confederacy is thriving, as the government gives just about any concession to business, and always aims toward the gratification of the military-industrial complex. I do kinda like the 'island near Adpt' idea.

Supposing Adaptus and the Confederacy have opposing interests, say something of a proxy-war going on, the Confederacy wants to place intermediate range missiles on said island. The warheads could be filled with chemical weapons that cuase more suffering than death. The weapons are meant to terrify the Adaptons into demanding their government back away from Confederate interests. Being saturated with money, the Confederacy could spend a few billion Dnars to re-arm RepTag and push them into joining the Confederacy.

There's my take on this... '

Oh, and as an after thought, if this idea falls through, history might then suggest that the Old Confederacy and RepTag were chummy, until RepTag becomes GHET, at which point they are opposed. The inversal of relations can explain the old Confederacy's later attack on Tag during the Rennd-Deltannia fight over that one island whose name evades me. The headbutting continues unti CoSoc overturns the old Confederacy. WooHoo!