Ashes to Ashes

Phil VII

I'm sure the Aussies and the English will know what i'm on about, for the rest of you, the Ashes is a yearly series of Cricket Test matches between England and Australia, of which there is much rivalry over, the Australians have won it for the last 18 years, but england have a very good team this year, and many people think we have a good chance.

and as i'm writing this, the aussies are only on 73-4 in their first innings! (which considering that scores of 400-10 are not uncommon is not a great score!)

what chances do any other englanders think we have against the aussies this year (and who else finds those channel 4 ads involving WG Grace really annoying...)

Looks like your english bowlers gave our lads a bit of a bruising with the ball. England's not going back to Bodyline again are they.

Yes, Australia scored badly, but i think we will have the last laugh, as we usually do

All depends on how well the pommies bowl.

Pfft, we weren't even expected to be in the world cup final, but at least we beat the All Blacks. Not many sides get past them

• 3 weeks later...