1. FORUM RULES
- By registering on this forum, you agree to any and all terms and conditions set forth within this document at all times and any changes made to them thereafter. The forum Administration reserves the right to change these rules at any time without notification.
- The Europa forum contains additional terms (for example, forum conduct rules and guidelines) that further dictate procedures. By accepting the terms stated within this document, you agree also to abide by rules and guidelines for conduct as stated elsewhere on the Europa Forum. Role-playing is also subject to the Roleplay Rules of Europa.
- Users are responsible for regularly reviewing this document, and by continued usage of this forum and that which it stands for, signify acceptance and agreement to such changes.
- Please sign up using your NationStates name.
- All names are subject to the board rules as are avatars, signatures, posts and posted images.
- Each user is responsible for any and all activity performed on their account. The sharing of accounts is highly discouraged, and each user is advised to keep their account secure.
3. MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS
- You are not allowed to have multiple accounts on this board. This includes (but is not limited to) active, suspended, or banned accounts. Additional accounts will be tracked down, and Administration will decide on the penalty.
- The use of multiple accounts to bypass punishments such as, but not limited to, posting restrictions, suspension, or bans is strictly prohibited and in such cases, the Administration reserves the right to ban the new account(s) created.
- The use of multiple accounts for voting is strictly forbidden and frowned upon. Such cheating will result in the banning of the new accounts, and punishment against the original account.
4. POSTING CONTENT
- Above all else, respect others. If you see disrespectful behavior, report it, rather than further inflaming the situation.
- Before you write, seed, or comment, ask yourself if your contribution increases the strength and virtue of the community.
- Although we feel that full internationalization is important, please keep all posts and replies in English.
5. PROHIBITED CONTENT
- You may not post, upload, link to, or email any content that contains, promotes, gives instruction about, or provides prohibited content. As a member of this board you are asked not to post any prohibited content. Prohibited content includes any content that breaks any local, state, county, national or international law.
Prohibited content also includes any of the following:
- Content that infringes any rights.
- Racist, abusive, threatening, or harmful material.
- Viruses, hack tools, or other harmful or malicious software.
- Illegal Drugs.
- Torrents, cracks, Warez, CD-Keys, Serials Numbers, etc.
- Pornography, nudity, or sexual content of any kind.
- Excessive profanity.
- Any personal information without consent of the individual or invasion of privacy.
- Posting of this nature will be removed by Moderators and persistant posting of prohibited content will result in warning and possible banning. If we find that a user continuously makes inappropriate or unneeded posts, the user will be put under Moderator review for as long as deemed necessary.
6. FORBIDDEN ACTIONS
Staff will try to use discretion and common sense about these offences while the board is small. However offensive posting or activities that break the terms of service cannot be allowed.
- Flame: Expressing anger at someone in uncouth ways with OOC comments (i.e. swearing, being obnoxious, threatening etc.)though it does to watch what you post IC as well unless the other posters know you're not serious. Flaming in the forums should be reported in the Moderation forum, in the game itself, through Getting Help Page.
- Flamebait: Posts that are made with the aim of angering someone indirectly. Not outright flame, but still liable to bring angry replies. It's in the same context of trolling but with flamebaiting it's just the one person.
- Godmoding and (puppet) Multiing: see the Roleplay Rules of Europa.
- Gravedigging: Posting a reply on a long disused thread; bumping threads that aren't used anymore without good reason.
- Griefing: Harrassing a nation because of what they did or said.
- Account Hijacking: Stealing someone else's accountn by gaining their password. This should be reported by TG to a Moderator's nation.
- Obscenities: Sexually graphic images and posts. Very strictly forbidden. Obscenities in the forums should be reported to this forum.
- Quote Pyramids: When replies with quotes get quoted and then that reply get's quoted and so on and so forth. It's OK if it's just a few quotes but once they start getting monstrously huge, it is not OK.
- Spam/SPAM: Off-topic, irrelevant and multi-posts that clog the board. This includes posting lots of smilies which is known as Smilie Spam. Spamming in the forums should be reported through this forum.
- Thread Hijacking. Appropiating a thread for a discussion totally unrelated to the original purpose of said thread.
- Trolling.: Posts that are made with the aim of angering people. (like 'ALL JEWS ARE [insert vile comment here]' for example). Also is used to refer to making obviously silly topics that people nonetheless will reply to. (making a case for the proof that teletubbies exist for instance. There will always be someone who feels compelled to post 'No they don't.' Threads like this should just be ignored.)
- Trollbaiting. Posts that are made to attract trolls.
7. GENERAL NOTICE
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy or completeness/usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact a Moderator or Administrator. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.
Edited by Orioni