May 22nd 1652. The sky was blue, the sands white, and the jungle the brightest and darkest of greens. A group of 3 merchant ships, lead by the PMMS Twinsud, bound for the Limonaian colony of Faramount was forced to reach land as a storm was closing in. There the crew met a large tribe that had inhabited theese lands for centuries, the PyeMcGowians called them Shifikus. Captain James Thomas Derwater stated “The Shifikus were friendly with us, giving us gifts of Mango and Tropical fish. As we explored further, along the mountains, we encountered a rather aggresive tribe, we were forced to kill all of the soldiers leaving only 10 men, and 46 women along with 39 children”. As news spread back to PyeMcGowan about a hot, rich, Fruitful landmass, unclaimed by any empire, thousands flocked on ships rented from Argic-Alharuan Traders causing a mass housing crisis until proper eqipment was brought by The PyeMcGowian government.
After a few years of private companies holding the land, the PyeMcGowian Trade Confederation’s predecessor, the Imperial Institute of Overseas territory, decided to claim the land for PyeMcGowan. This is when the area was first called the Twinsud coast.