Indo-Stan

News of the Empire

News of the Empire

R: Welcome to News of the Empire, i'm Rajev and here is the news for today.

R: Futher development into yesterday's truck investigation has found a foreign business by the name of 'Aloe drink' has been secretly funding the Narku cultist. The company has been put under quarantine until further notice and the CEO will appear in high court but in the mean time he is currently being interrogated by the police force with his house and belongings being repossesed. 

R: In other news, a new mosque has been constructed in central Aurum as part of the 'embrace all' project which the government started last year. The Emperor attended the Mosque's first prayer early today along with the many muslims citizens, with the Adhan being heard for the first time in Aurum with people present stating "it sounded glorious" and "Allah is most definitely proud of this country".  The Emperor himself gave a speech after prayer expressing his love of islamic history in Indo-Stan and went on to say that not only does this event show the embracement and development of the nation but him praying shows that God comes in many forms and the Dragon is, to him, simply another name for Allah. Indeed we do have a most wise and great leader.

R: Coming up, the streets of Aurum are becoming more alive by the day as we approach 'Week of the Dragon', mountainous plateaus in the valley of Dàha has recently revealed a small cave entrance after a rockslide occured, and Prime Minister Jin Tzu makes visits to 5 A Level schools to talk to students about the future of politics. But first Jingem with the weather, Jingem.

J: Thank you Rajev. 

J:Well we are seeing the certain change of seasons earlier than expected, small amounts of Cherry blossom have been seen already budding in the Southern regions despite there still being a coldish breeze passing through, whilst in the North however *chuckles* is a very different story, snow still lingers around the higher regions whilst the ice is seen in many villages and the country side which has caused some roads to close whilst local assisters rid of the ice but this has not stopped people from preparing for the 'Week of the Dragon'.

J: we're expecting the slow incline to warmer weather over the entire country especially with the final traces of the storm now disapparating, in places such as Aurum the temperature is going to be a cool 4 degrees whilst further South in places such as Hān'é city it will mostly be 7 degrees. This is meant to continue through out the week with some showers on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon but an overall chilly start. Rajev.

R: After the break we shall continue with the topics, so stay tuned.

• Like 2

News of the Empire

R: Welcome to 'News of the Empire', Happy Week of the Dragon, i'm Rajev and here is the news.

R: The Week of the Dragon has arrived for another year, all of today shops have closed early with their owners joining in the enormous festivals through out the nation. People having been gifting strangers and friends with the traditional red and gold cards and joining their relatives at their homes or in the cities to snuggle up, watch the movie marathons and see the fireworks be launched. The Emperor's annual broadcast hit a record high as many people have recently expressed their undying loyalty and love for the Emperor as well as, for the first time in almost 3 decades, an emperor of Indo-Stan joining the public celebration in Aurum including lighting the first firework of the afternoon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwQEv6mhqJ6CtVqv1wEXJ 
Fireworks seen in Aurum

R: The week also means the start of the Dragon holiday with children rejoicing their break from school, just like we all did when we were young *laughs a little*, the students attended the last pledge of allegiance for the week at their schools and many prepare for the day of youth and mischief where, as every year, shall sing patriotic songs in the capital's center before playing pranks on one another and reviving gifts from their elders. 

We would usually have the weather forecast be hosted by Jingem but sue to it being the holidays now, he is with his family. we will have it quickly ran down by Nina before we play the song of the dragon and say farewell for the week. Nina.

N: Well as Rajev said I will quickly go through the forecast.

N: Well not much has changed since the last forecast, we are still expecting a slight chilly breeze, clear skies and the last bits of the storm to disappear but one thing that has changed is there is now a higher chance of that chilly breeze going sooner than expected. Other than that, have a good day and an amazing 'Week of the Dragon'. Rajev.

R: That is all from us, have an amazing 'Week of the Dragon'.

*Song of the Dragon begins to play*

• Like 3

OOC. Some early feedback. I'm sure the other mentors may have more to add.

1. News. I merged your three separate news stories into one topic. That'll create more continuity. 
  2. Spelling. The first two posts contained some typos. I edited those. Your browser should be able to highlight any spelling mistakes, making it easier for you to fix them. (And I myself should do this more often as well.)
  3. Characters. Three characters seem to be recurring: host Rajev Li, weatherman Jingem (later replace with Nina -- what happened to poor Jingem?), and "the Emperor" who remains nameless. You can add some more depth, for example by elaborating more on their lives off-screen, or by describing who the emperor is Emperor. See §4 on character development.
  4. Location. Plenty of locations are mentions: Hasheiv, Aurum, Dàha. Perhaps for your next non-news story you could write a travel story describing a person or a family who visits these places. How do they get there. What's to do. Any specific food. How about the reaction of other people. The 'Cultural Iceberg Model' can serve as a guide, with tourists only seeing the part that's above water.
  • Like 4

OOC. Noted and thank you for the corrections.

• Jingem as stated was with his family. I should have made that clearer. My apologies.
  • The Emperor does have a name which I am to reveal in the next post (non-news RP) and I can add more depth if it would help.

- Kabir

• Like 3