Metztlitlalio

The Capital Paper (Newspaper)

Capital_Paper_Logo_Detailed.png

The Capital Paper (Amatluatekaken)

Pēyotl Farm Bust - Destructive Drug Still Alive?

A quiet morning in the town of Atlētemoyan within the Kalpolli of Tepatōsōkatlasla, 5am yesterday morning, the sun slowly starting to appear on the horizon. However all of this was about to end as the Temple of the Warrior's Tokallētōnatli of the Dark Eyes division had begun a large-scale raid on the eastern front of the town. Within an hour one of the largest headquarters for the infamous T'sompanatli Cartel had been secured. What should of been a great victory for the nation, as 43 low to mid ranking workers and 6 high ranking members were arrested and subsequently executed, soon turned dark as the Dark Eyes division had uncovered something truly horrific: an entire acre of Pēyotl cactus farms.

Pēyotl cactus is a dangerous psychoactive drug and was thought to have entirely eradicated from the Palu Peninsula by 1912, one of the few times Yatotlan and Metztlikua worked together, primarily by the Fourth Ometekotli Archpriest and Giorgio the First of Limonaia. The cactus initially was considered a medicinal plant, but when Ometekotli unified the many monarchal states under one empire, he decreed the inherit destructive nature of psychoactive plants such as Pēyotl, and thus had them outlawed in his empire.

The Pēyotl cactus grows close to the ground and on cliff edges in large colonies, spineless, and bloom with pink and white flowers. The cactus that use to grow in the southern half of the Palu Peninsula has adapted to the hot tropical climate, primarily growing at high elevations, thus Pēyotl shoots have been recorded in historic texts to have reached sizes up to a meter in diameter. However the average Pēyotl shoot only grows 15-20 centimeters in diameter once they have reached maturity.

Peyote_Large-1-e1441222539562.png

Specimen of Pēyotl from the cactus farms before being destroyed.
Photo permission gained from the Temple of Culture and Religious Life.

The rediscovery of the Pēyotl cactus has already sent shockwaves through the Temple of Culture and Religious Life, Temple of the Warriors, Temple of Commoners, and the Temple of the All-High. The Temple of the Warriors has already sent a decree to the Temple of the All-High for the reintroduction of the old anti-Pēyotl laws, however due to the lack of information regarding the Pēyotl cactus, and such little time between rediscovery and notifying of the main bureaucracy there has been no official statement from either the Temple of the All-High nor the Archpriestess.

If you suspect your neighbours of possessing Pēyotl or know someone distributing the cactus, please notify your local community temple or local Warrior Temple.

Edited by Metztlitlalio
  • Like 1
  • Wow 3

Illegal Loggers Save Environment

Last Wednesday, 3 AM, a fire broke out 150 kilometers from the Atlakapetesakatlēxika (Western River). The fire is assumed to have been caused by ash gatherers but became too unwieldly. By 5.30 AM the local authorities from the nearby city of Zhēgewan in the north-east corner of the Faloki Autonomous Kalpolli had arrived to the fire. By then the fire had stretched out to over 1,080,000 square meters in size.

5d5d54c7cd9784023412020a-750-562.png

Image taken by the Zhēgewan Local Authorities.
The Flames tear through an opening meant to be harvested for ash.

By 5 PM, the Rainforest Protection Services had finally arrived to the location, the fire had spread out to over 25,000,000 square meters in rapid succession. However the Rainforest Protection Services soon began to cut down a perimeter around the fire to prevent further spread. In the process discovered a long strip of recently cut down trees within a protected area south of the fire, which could only be the result of illegal activity. However, the Rainforest Protection Services took full advantage of the cut down, reducing the time to create the perimeter by a third. The long strip also meant the fire could not reach the protected area, leaving it unscathed by the flames.

By 10PM, the fire had completely burned through it's fuel and died out with an estimate of 27,000,000 square meters of rainforest burned down. Thankfully no major settlements had been destroyed and deaths are minimal.

FireAftermath.jpg

Image taken by the Rainforest Protection Services.
Aftermath of fire at the north-east perimeter.

The lead officer for the Rainforest Protection Services released a statement regarding the long strip. Stating that although he is grateful for his men, he condemns those who illegally chop down the rainforest, especially within protected areas, and that monitoring within protected areas should be increased.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Tenoch Okelotlamachallē kicked out of her own party.

The head of the Tlateqopnōsētla (also known as the Qopnō Party or Conservative Party), Tenoch Okelotlamachallē, in a stunning historic turn of events, was expelled from his own party earlier this Sunday at midnight (17th November 2019), and recently confirmed earlier today with his leaving speech.

The speech was played live over the National Metztlitlalio Broadcast Network at 8am this morning. At the end of this article is a translated copy of the script for those who was unable to watch the broadcast.

With Tenoch Okelotlamachallē exiled from his own political party, the possibility he will be reelected in his Kampan, Tlalōtaxakalli Otosotla, is unlikely as he is now under an independent Tlatonitōnatlē unless another party picks his up for the upcoming Kampan and Kalpollē elections in 2020. The removal of Tenoch Okelotlamachallē only a month and a half away from the start of the official campaigning season, and coupled with the refusal of both Tenoch Okelotlamachallē and the Tlateqopnōsētla party to publicly disclose their reasoning for the expulsion, has casted doubt onto the party's ability to hold dominance in the next election.

The leader the other major parties have yet to release their opinions on the matter due to the lack of context and reasoning, with the leader of the Makoxotlasētla party herself, Xiadanē Xōxisynada, stated that "Until we know all the details, we can not and will not release any formal statement on the expulsion of Tenoch Okelotlamachallē from the Tenoch Okelotlamachallē.".

With no leader of the party, a snap election within the party has been scheduled to begin at the end of November.

Ever since I first stepped into the Tlateqopnōsētla Temple, I strived to make this nation a better place then I first came. And although I believe I have done that, the Tlateqopnōsētla Party has decided to relieve me of my duties to the people they represent, and ultimately sealed my political career to it's end. So I am today public ally announcing my forced resignation as the head member of the Tlateqopnōsētla party and it's temple.

I feel as certain today as I did ten years ago that in a democracy, if you give people a choice you have a purpose, a duty, to implement what they decide. I have done my best to do that, to help the common people with the hardship of common life.

I negotiated within my Kalpolli to have minimum wage increased by 10% and across Metztlitlalio for continual support of the League of Alharu and Aurelian Native Nations, which as come to be proven as widely successful for the wider economy.

And I did everything I can to convince other Tlatonitōnatlē to back the proposal nationwide, and although had succeeded, not to the extent I and many others had hoped for. But it is now clear to me that it is in the best interests of my Kampan for a new Tlatonitōnatlē to lead that effort for me. And to continue the growth of Metztlitlalio by doing his or her part.

Both I and the party have kept the Archpriestess, my Purpose, and the highest priests fully informed of my leave, who personally decreed my split from my party last Saturday on the 17th of November.

It is, and will always remain, a matter of deep regret to me that I have not been able to deliver my promises I had layed out to the people of my Kampan completely, and I hope successor to seek a way forward that honours what has been built upon so far. To succeed, and to find the strength and will that I could not muster.

I have always lived by the quote 'Compromise is not a weakness. Life depends on compromise.'

This country is a federation. A federation of compromises, trust, and family. Not just a family for the individual ethnic groups, but for each and every one of us. Every family, every social group. We may not agree on individual policies, but nonetheless we are still a family. We stand together. And together we have potential for a great future. A future without the need of slaves, a future without the need of such fear of the outside.

A future, I will be happy to watch unfold. Even if I cannot play a direct role within the Temple of the Commoners. I will still love this nation, and love the opportunity I had to serve this great and beautiful family.

-Tenoch Okelotlamachallē, Wednesday, 20th of November.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1