Iverica

[OOC] Cussian Humanitarian Coalition

A problem is that from an OOC standpoint, we don't have the actual numbers of possible refugees.

Beautancus' factbook states that the Christian sect makes up roughly 11% of the population. This is all the information that we have, as our use of population was significantly different back then. I'm not sure what numbers we might be considering as a rough figure for the total population  of Beautancus.

Possibly in the realms of 20 to 40 million, as it's a reasonably sized country that was relatively well developed before succumbing to the Great Europan Collapse?

• Like 2

That isn't an unfair assessment, I imagine.

I didn't have the time to really look at the numbers involved, as I was on tea break. It does certainly make our lives a lot easier, since it isn't millions we're dealing with, but "only" hundreds of thousands.

• Like 4

I will have a post up concerning naval movements, and the scope of Haruspex Imperial Navy positioning and the like. You can probably expect flyovers from strategic strike bases confirming arrival to those within the main port of Ulusk. 

• Like 4

@Tagmatium Rules, anyone that wants. Likely those that might have some err--trouble accessing further shores. Likely @Gallambria if I might presume. Others may join any task force they wish.

Right now TF Haru looks like Seylos and Iverica for the most part. Salvia too if the carrier is being sent.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Iverica said:

@Tagmatium Rules, anyone that wants. Likely those that might have some err--trouble accessing further shores. Likely @Gallambria if I might presume. Others may join any task force they wish.

Right now TF Haru looks like Seylos and Iverica for the most part. Salvia too if the carrier is being sent.

I assumed @Sancti Imperii Catholico was coming my way, as that made more sense in my mind for him to come from the south.

But I didn't ask him, so it was just in my head.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tagmatium Rules said:

I assumed @Sancti Imperii Catholico was coming my way, as that made more sense in my mind for him to come from the south.

But I didn't ask him, so it was just in my head.

Which means through either the Chimera Transfer Station, to access the Northern area for me. Hmm. Alrighty, unless your going by boat eventually as well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Haruspex said:

Which means through either the Chimera Transfer Station, to access the Northern area for me. Hmm. Alrighty, unless your going by boat eventually as well.

I think the plan is that at least some of them will be transferred from MH to Tagmatium by train, and then on by boat to the "terra nullius" area(s), those who don't want permanent residency in Tagmatium. Which may be a good few, but that's a detail that will have to be hammered out.

• Like 1

This is seems a good a place to say this as any. I said it on Discord but others may miss it and it'll save confusion, both in this thread and in others.

I'm renaming the Tagmatine Red Cross. The name doesn't really fit, as it references an IRL organisation that doesn't exist on Eurth. It's also a pretty f*cking clunky name that doesn't really roll off the tongue.

After @Bulgenstaz and me bounced a few ideas around, I've gone for "Parabalanoi", a name taken from an early Christian group who nursed the sick and buried the dead. It kind of fits the role.

Consider this a retcon - the Tagmatine Red Cross has never been called as such and every previous reference should be read as "Parabalanoi" now. That is what I will be using from now on.

Sorry for the bother!

• Like 4

I've edited my conflict thread, to present ' Arhomanian Parabalanoi ' in every case I think I've mentioned 'red cross' instead. Further usage of the term shall be used to mean your medical service.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Haruspex said:

I've edited my conflict thread, to present ' Arhomanian Parabalanoi ' in every case I think I've mentioned 'red cross' instead. Further usage of the term shall be used to mean your medical service.

Cheers, man!

I didn't expect anyone to go back and edit things. I thought that would be too much of a pain in the arse.

• Like 1

I’m not sure if I am too late, but Metztlitlalio would happily take in the refugee Christians if there are no other alternatives. Metztlitlalio is willing to accommodate 5,000-10,000 immediately, and if given 2-3 months to prepare, a maximum of 100,000. Anymore and the infrastructure will not be able to accommodate. Metztlitlalio has access to (although a bit shoddy) ocean liners that they can transport people with if all else fails.

Metztlitlalio already has a large Christian sect with their own autonomous region that is one of the richest areas of the nation, so although Metztlitlalio is a theocracy, Christianity is a protected faith and allowed to be freely practised within the autonomous region. Below I will put reasons for why Metztli may not be a great candidate for refugees, but also why Metztli is (suspiciously) welcoming:-

-Climate:

Metztlitlalio has a tropical climate, perhaps not the best climate for a steppe people, however the temperature range is somewhat similar. And the Yatotla Autonomous Kalpolli (Christian region) has. Mainly deforested their region, so tropical diseases are lessened in that region.

-Infrastructure

As most know, Metztlitlalio isn’t exactly a powerhouse and does require further industrialising, however the Christian region is the most industrialised outside of the capital territory, and I’m sure many would prefer to live in cramped apartments or rural villages then a Haruspex labour camp.

+Work Force

Metztli has a population of 20 million. It needs some form of influx of migrants if it ever is to truly industrialise as so few live in the country compared to it’s size. An injection of 10,000 of working age adults would do wonders, 100,000 could potentially kick start a new base of economics... or the infrastructure could collapse. It’s a 40/60 chance to be honest.  And hey, if all else fails. Metztlitlalio is in need for some cheap labour of it’s own in the agricultural and mining sectors 🙂.

+Diamond in the haystack

there is potential for some of the refugees to hold valuable information that Metztlitlalio can use for leverage, either politically (unlikely) or to introduce new ideas into the economy (likely). Which helps the above reason.

Of course not everyone in Metztlitlalio would agree to this, but hey, it leads to some very interesting plot lines in the future. Just in time for Metztlitlalio’s 2020 elections. As stated in the past, Metztlitlalio is a MIC/LIC nation, so it would probably be best for my nation to be a last resort “we have no other options”.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Haruspex said:

If it comes with a diplomatic request, it will be approved.

Of course :). This was just a proposal to see if people were okay with me getting involved.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.